Patience is a Virtue = . Lipo is not instant gratification

I had smartlipo three and half weeks ago. I wish I...

I had smartlipo three and half weeks ago. I wish I had found this site before hand since it has been a lot of help ever since I joined. Exercise and diet didn't work for me in my problem areas: upper and lower abdomen. I had that done as well as flanks and bra rolls. I am 4'11 130 lbs. I am glad I did this but patiently waiting for final results. I wish I knew that recovery was going to take this long, according to my Doctor about three months to see final results. Some days are good and some are bad. Like I said its a little bit too early to tell if it was worth it or not.

Well it's been officially four weeks since I had...

Well it's been officially four weeks since I had Smartlipo, I feel better in reference to soreness and tenderness, very little but still present. Had my first lymphatic massage and that was awesome! it helped me get rid of some of the fluid and it was not uncomfortable at all.

I uploaded pictures taken before surgery and four weeks later. My only disappointment thus far is the "hanging skin" from lower abdomen, which is below where C section was performed 29 years ago. I will give it time and I am going back to gym on Monday since its been four weeks and I feel strong. My weigh is good, I haven't gained any extra weight but I am hoping to loose at least a pound since I still have fluid. I knew I was not going to experience any weight loss from this procedure and I was well aware of the hanging skin... but I don't want to have a TT. I guess I was hoping for a miracle since Dr said I had a 50/50 chance to loose it. I will wait two more months to see final results.

Today marks the 6 weeks post op and all I can say...

Today marks the 6 weeks post op and all I can say is that I'm glad I did it. Had my review with PS yesterday and I'm still swollen but don't have any lumps just swelling which she assured me, will be gone in another 6 weeks.

Took new pics and compared side to side. She was really nice about taking time to answer all my questions ( I had a list). After review I had a Viora Reaction treatment. I thought it was a massage but its actually a treatment to break down any lumps. The addition of Vacuum Therapy further intensifies the treatment by facilitating deeper tissue penetration to increase local blood circulation, promote lymphatic drainage and induce lipolysis.

The treatment was painful and expensive. Was it worth it? I don't know yet. My abdomen feels lump free but is more swollen today than yesterday before treatment. One of the sides effects was mild swelling. So as I paciently wait for the result want to wish y'all happy healing and patience because in our situation this is the key! To wait for results.

Took measurements and lost about two inches overall, still wearing my stage two garment and binder and taking vitamin C, K and zinc, eating clean and drinking lots of water!

From the moment I went to the consultation which was two months ago, up until today I have lost 10 lbs, thanks to clean eating and light exercise. This week I went to Zumba twice and I made it thru both classes without stoping! Yea me!

I am so swollen is not funny!! Help! I'm having a...

I am so swollen is not funny!! Help! I'm having a hard day today :'(

I just added three pics at my 6 week post op....

I just added three pics at my 6 week post op. Overall I feel fine, just that I don't know if its fat of if I am swollen, specially on front pic.
I am hoping its swellness because in the morning I am fine, but at end of day... swollen...again...
I am having second Viora Treatment tomorrow. I will ask Doctor for her opinion. I hope she doesn't say what I read here all the time " Doctor said I looked Fab" I am 10 weeks post op. Will post pics at the 12 week post op mark.

Its been four months since I had smartlipo. I lost...

Its been four months since I had smartlipo. I lost inches and weight but gained some loose skin. I don't swell much anymore, still wear CG at night and the infamous Squeem cincher.
Overall I feel good and looked good ( with my clothes on)
I had a lymphatic massage yesterday and my MT said I was looking good and no lumps and no swelling that she could see nor feel. She recommended to continue giving myself massages and to buy any type of firming cream to see if that helps. I will see my PS on my six month anniversary, sometime first week of April, for her to tell me what up!?lol. From the beginning she said I didn't need TT, we will see what she has to say when she sees me. I will upload a couple of pics sometime this week for you guys to give me your humble opinion. Just a friendly reminder that the weight loss came because I DO watch what I eat and exercise.
If you are ahead of me, you kno what I am going thru right know, and if you are behind me, prepare yourself for a rollercoaster of emotions and vest yourself with lots of PATIENCE.
Peace.

I am asking all: what kind of exercise do you do...

I am asking all: what kind of exercise do you do and how often? Be honest...
Dr. Carreon

Hey hun...how are u doing?? Its been a while since we chatted!!
Hi Daisy....hope all is well. I know it has been sometime now that you post. I have decided to go see Dr. C for smart lipo and am not gonna lie Im nervous. I would like to know how many months post op you are? Are you finally seeing the results you wanted? I was wondering if its a pain in the butt to wear your cg under your clothes? if you look bulky. I am planning on doing surgery on a Thursday and returning back to work on Monday. I pretty much sit all day for the most part. I am worried about the lumpiness and uneven areas everyone talks about. I have read that some individuals wear a blouse underneath their cg and also put some sort of wood so it can be compressed smoothly idk what that's about maybe someone can elaborate. I will probably go in for my pre-op next week. My intentions were to do BBL with Dr. Cortez; however, I think I am going to go for the liposuction instead and I'll workout to have a very fit, toned body and booty. Any advice from anyone would greatly be appreciated and any post op would be great as well. thank you ladies. best wishes.
Hey Daisy how have you been I know it's been a while lol
Looking good Daisy76 cant wait to see the 6 month. What are you doing for your scars?
Hi Daisy, how are you doing now? My lumps are still hanging around 7 months post op. Exercise: I have been a member of a gym for many, many years. I'm there every day that I can be. I was the Mom who skipped play dates because I needed my gym time!! I currently do a few minutes of abs and light weights and and hour of Zumba on M-W-F. Tue/Thurs. I do heavier weights and lots of ab work.
Considering Smart Lipo as well ;) You look great btw!! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm gonna give SmartLipo a try. I'm 5'5 and 125lbs. Although I'm not considered overweight. All my fat just goes right to my stomach!!! >:O So I always look 3-5months pregnant which I HATE!!!!!!!!! As far as exercise goes.... You should do 60 minutes of Cardio (5 days a week) This helps burn the fat!! In addition to the Cardio, on Mondays - I focus on my arms, Wednesdays - Core/Stomach and Fridays - Lower body :) On the weekends I relax. Check out www nowloss dot com
Hi and thanks for your comments!! The wait is so frustrating for everyone it seems. I do see a big, big improvement in your before and after pics. Don't be so hard on yourself - you look awesome!! Look at those curves! Sometimes we compare ourselves to others, but everyone has a different body type and different skin, so our results will differ. I feel I am uneven and lumpy, but the reality is no one notices that except me and even with those imperfections, it is still a huge improvement. Hang in there and I hope you feel better once you are fully healed!
Thank you Bella. I'm 4 months PO Nd overall I feel good. I went for a lymphatic massage yesterday and the MT told me I don't have any swelling anymore and she didn't feel any lumps anymore. I was happy to hear that but now I have to deal with loose skin on my lower abs. She so sweet and told me same thing you did, that I'm being to hard on myself. Her opinion was that I looked really good and all was in my head. She advices to buy some firming cream. How are you feeling?
Hi Daisy I think u look just amazing! You have a wonderful hour glass shape (one of my fears, that I have lost that) but u look just wonderful. I am also a little taken aback by how long all of this takes and patience is not my personal strong point! But u look just great. U and several others on this site have used the term "eating clean". Now I am a healthy eater, and thought I knew every all the lingo but I am not familiar with that term (and am always looking for practical ways to eat healthier) so can or someone elaborate please? Lost about 50 or so pounds over the last couple of years(lots of really lose belly hanging skin) Thus, am 11days PO from a tummy tuck (no muscle) breast reduction and lypo of flanks. I want to do all I can to heal and stay healthy! thanks for the info. this site has been amazing!
Hi Lulu and thank you so much for your kind comments. I feel good, no more swelling. Loosing 50 lbs is amazing! Congrats! "Eating clean is eating lean protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats." Drinking lots of water too. I'm pretty sure that's what you do today. How are you feeling? No muscle TT? What's that?
That is what I thought and pretty much our way of life! Still trying , not always successful, to drink 64 oz of water per day (per my PS). I am exhausted tonight and dreading going to work in the am - first mtg is at 7:15. But this all takes time. A mini tummy, they do no surgery on the muscles them selves. I didn't need or want that. She cut off the hanging skin and pulled thing down to meet. They still "peel" all your skin up to your chest to pull it down but the muscle involvement(some women's muscles split right down the middle during pregnancy child birth) was not necessary. Still all in all a 6.5 hour surgery. Whew still trying to work that thru! hope u r doing well and u look great
Hi! You look great in your 10 weeks PO pic. What is Viora treatment and what does it do to you after lipo? I'm 6 weeks PO and still look like you 6 weeks PO picture. My upper belly still sticking out (I had mini TT for lower ab only). I am hoping that I am still swollen and will shrink more and not fat that is still there.
Hi Taxi452 and thank you for compliment. The Viora treatment pretty much is supposed to help tighten the skin after lipo and also break down any swelling and any lumps under the treated area. In my humble opinion, is the expensive version of having a lymphatic massage. I have had three and I do see some tight skin but not much. At six weeks yes you are still swollen. I am thirteen weeks today and I have noticed that in the last two weeks I have shrunk some. I can still see swelling above and below belly button. My Dr said I dont need a TT but I will give this procedure the one year and if by September, I still have that pouch, by golly, I will do the TT... Are you wearing CG? I still am. During the day. In the morning I am so flat but come evening and still swell. Is good and bad at the same time. Is good because its telling me I am not completely healed yet, thats why I am still swelling and bad because I wish I was already healed. Doctors dont tell us that it will take 6 months to see complete results. My six months will be in March. I uploaded a couple of pics from Dr's office when I went for my 12 week checkup (I was 11 weeks when pic was taken). Dont forget to take pics to compare your progress. And remember, patience is a virtue. Give your self time but remember we have to help ourselves also, by eating clean and exercising some. Keep me posted of your progress.
I am 3 weeks post smart lipo of waist and abdomen. Lots of swelling that gets worse as day goes on. Thank your for your posts. At least I know it seems what I am experiencing is normal. It has been challenging with my diet with the holidays! Looking forward to getting back to working out and eating clean after all of the visiting and parties! I will have a follow up next week. I do not have any curves anymore:( hope this changes. My waist looks boyish right now. I will go for another lymphatic massage and hope this moves fluids around!! Again, thanks for the posts!
One more thing...please recommend a good garment if you can. I am wondering if I am not getting enough compression in my lower abdomen, particularly below my c-section scar area. Any thoughts?
Hello Schoolnurse1! Welcome to the most difficult part of recovery... Waiting to see results.... I'm still wearing the CG stage two and a corset for extra compression. I also have a Csection scar... I also bought a cincher on Amazon called Squeem... Look it up.. It gives you the most amazing compression.... Keep your diet clean and drink water, lots of water... I'm three months post op and still swell a lot. Did I mention I wear CG 24/7? Dr. Said to stop wearing it once the swelling subsidies... Hopefully soon! Happ healing and be patience...
I too feel like my waist looks like a boys right now, but I know its just the swelling. I'm used to being curvy, so it looks really weird right now. Just imagine how great we'll look after the swelling subsides :)
Hi, Hope you are doing well. I am just shy of 8 weeks and still have swelling and some lumps close to my section scar. I still wear garment, I feel like I need it. Still tingly here and there on my hips and backside. I am exercising fairly regularly and started with green smoothies I hope will help. I bought a corset on your advice. The compression is good on my middle but not happy with the look it gives my back. We are all so vain after all:) I am with you on the up and down days. Some days I am more swollen then others. I have a follow up on 2/13. I stopped wearing my CG at night but maybe I should take that back up. My pants are fitting lots different and despite not having a big weight loss I did go down a size from a 10 to and 8 so very happy about that now just to pay this thing off so I can buy new clothes!! Thanks for your updates they are great!! Happy healing to you too! Summer will be here before we know it!
My husband says I do have curves and I look great but, I am with you. I still feel a bit boyish. Most of my swelling (week 8) is low abdomen and pubic area. No more muffin top so maybe that is what I felt was curves! Glad that is gone:) I am exercising and working on my waist and hips a lot!
Hello ladies, i reccomend yall use a colombian gurdle to help mold your body, im not sure if this will help ,but im hispanic and many hispanic women use colombian gurdles to help mold their hourglass figure and get that flat tummy after a baby....but they cost like $150-200.....,i hope i helped a little im planing on buying one for after my smart lipo to wear over the CG.....WISH YALL LUCK..
I hear you babyfat... I knew about " fajas" and how they work. I was told by another member here in RS about a faja called Squeem, very similar to the Colombian ones but not as expensive. When are you having yours done and what are you having done?
Lturner how many weeks PO are you? Are you wearing CG and a binder or corset or something? The earlier you start wearing the binder the better off you will be. I wore a binder for about six weeks until it was too big, then I got me a waist cincher, like a corset type, suggested by a very great adviser here on RS. It's called Squeem and they have cincher type or vests. I own both. Amazing compression.
Schoolnurse tingling here and there and swelling in a way is good news because it means you are not completely healed, which means you still have some more to loose. Good you are exercising, do you swell after? I'm glad to hear the corset is working for you. I love mine and I know what you mean with the way the back looks, that's why I bought me a Squeem vest. I'm not swelling much anymore but still wear cg. It's funny how we hate the cg right after surgery and we learn to live with it and then we can't part from it. I never thought I was gonna say this but I feel naked without CG! Lol! Hubby said he didn't pay all this $$$ to see me with it and the Squeem all the time! He's funny.
Im haveing upper&lower abs and waist. On april 22 :)...smart lipo, but now im starting to chicken out scared ill have loose skin :(
you looking great daisy!