30yrs Old - 36DDD/F to 36C?

Hi everyone. I've been stalking RealSelf for...

Hi everyone. I've been stalking RealSelf for awhile now and finally decided to take the plunge. I'm 30 years old with triple Ds and experiencing back and neck pain, chafing, shoulder grooves, bad posture, etc. I've always hated having larger breasts but until recently, the pain was bearable so I didn't do anything about it. However, I went to my first consultation with a surgeon today and it went very well. She submitted a letter to my insurance company and hopefully I will hear their response sooner rather than later.

I would like to go down to a B cup, but I would be satisfied with a C (as long as they NEVER EVER get bigger again!) :) I'm feeling very anxious because I wish I could just get everything over with, but I'm hoping that by the end of this year I will have smaller breasts. So this is the first post in my journey!

Hi ryliek, I was wearing a 36DDD, like you, and experienced all the same things you did: neck and back pain, shoulder pain and grooves and just general discomfort. I was seriously considering a breast reduction because I just wanted the pain to go away! I've since discovered I was wearing the completely incorrect bra size and now I'm wearing the correct size, the pain and discomfort has completely gone away. I feel like a new person! I would suggest you check your size before making the plunge to see if a new bra size helps. It really changed my life, and I've saved a lot of money on a breast reduction. Most lingerie companies are not knowledgeable when it comes to fitting larger breasts or don't have a wide variety of sizes, so they tend to put bigger busted ladies in the incorrect bra because that's all they have. The biggest issue is wearing a band size way too big, which puts a lot of pressure on your shoulders and neck (as your bra band should offer the most support, not your straps).

The best thing I've found is to measure yourself. What do you get when you measure tightly under your bust, without clothes? This measurement in inches is your band measurement - do not add any more inches (like many lingerie companies incorrectly do). For example, I measure 28 inches under my bust. I therefore wear a 28 band bra. Then, measure over the fullest part of your bust with a bra on. What is this number? Subtract it from your underbust measurement. So, if you measured 40 over your bust and 30 under your bust, the number would be 10. Each number represents a cup size. A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, FF, G, GG, H, HH, K, KK, L etc. So 10 would be GG, therefore a 30GG. The calculator here can help you if this gets too confusing: www dot sophisticatedpair dot com/bracalculator.htm I went from wearing a 36DDD (which offered NO support) to a 28HH and honestly, the difference is amazing. The pain has gone away. I would thoroughly recommend trying this to see if it helps you too, as over 80% of women are wearing the incorrect sized bra and from what you've described, you're experiencing this too. Good luck.
Good luck and I hope you hear back soon. I think it took my ins about 5 wks to approve mine. I am 13 wks post and went from a 34dd to 34c. All the issues you described are pretty much gone for me now. Keep us posted :).
Best of luck! I went from a large DD to a C. Best thing I've ever done just for myself. You'll be so happy!

Just has a second consultation. The second PS...

Just has a second consultation. The second PS told me he could most likely get me down to a B cup, but that he couldn't guarantee a certain cup size. Based on PS#1's consultation, I'm not sure how natural-looking it would turn out. (PS#1 told me that since the base of my breast was wide, a B cup probably wouldn't look natural. She's actually never done a BR that resulted in anything less than a C, which is what she recommended.)

Anyway, PS#2 also said he would submit a letter to insurance and that he would hear a response by - wait for it - the end of the week! My stomach is already turning into knots.
HI Ryliek. Welcome!! I am waiting to see my second PS in July and I cant wait to have the girls go!! I am an K and uts miserable! I have been on here for the last two months and have been watching and reading and I am so ready for my turn! My neck back shoulders chest you name it it all hurts!!! I am hoping for a D cup! Always have had a large chest and the girls just keep inviting their friends over and they do not leave!! My insurance tookone week to aprice with the first ps so we will see!! Good luck on your journey! This place is wonderdul for info and support!!

Faythfull in Texas
That;s great about your insurance! I'm worried because I feel like mine aren't "that big compared to other women who want a reduction. When are you hoping to have the surgery done?
Thanks, this is REALLY helpful. I had no idea that's how they calculated bra size. I know I am wearing a too small bra. (They're so expensive, you know?!) Though, based on these measurements (I haven't actually measured myself) my band size would be a 30 0r 32... which i can tell you is WAY too small. At least in the brands I've been buying.

I have gone to Intimacy. If you haven't been, it's this bra store that measures you - I mean, REALLY measures you and helps you select the correct bra size... like they spend an hour consulting with each customer. I loved it, but it was very expensive - one bra was about $80. But it was very supportive AND cute.

I got a phone call yesterday from PS#2's office. ...

I got a phone call yesterday from PS#2's office. INSURANCE APPROVED ME FOR A REDUCTION! (Is it weird that it only took one day to get approved?) Either way, I'm so happy. I do have to pay my insurance deductible, but I have an FSA, so I will get reimbursed for most of it. I think I still want to wait to hear back from PS#1's office and what the insurance company tells them. Then I'll schedule my BR and hopefully have the surgery done by the end of the summer!

Edited to add: I would like to lose about 10 or...

Edited to add: I would like to lose about 10 or 15 lbs before surgery, and I think 2 months or so should be enough time to do that the healthy way. I haven't been to the gym in a few months but they're about to know my face real well :)

Congrats on your approval! Now the fun begins :-)
Yay!!!! Thats terrific news!!! I am so happy for you!! If I cpuld I would be in the hospital tomorrow!! LOL!!!!

Hi everyone, I still haven't heard back from...

Hi everyone,

I still haven't heard back from PS#1 about insurance, but I wanted to give an update. I've been looking (just looking!) at clothing online. I can't wait to be able to fit into normal size shirts, instead of having to buy a XL or XXL so that it can fit over my chest. I can't wait to button up my work shirts without using a safety pin each time. I can't wait to be able to wear one sports bra (and not have my boobs pop out in the middle of yoga when I do anything upside down or sideways. I can't wait to get my good posture back! I can't wait to be able to buy a bathing suit top from Target and not a a specialty store. I can't wait to go to bed braless when other people are around. I can't wait to get rid of these shoulder grooves (do they go away or are they just there permanently?).

But the thing I'm most looking forward to is not having this back pain anymore. It's been so long that I can't even imagine how it is going to feel. I've been working out almost daily. Just doing cardio. Not sure how much weight I've lost because I haven't stepped on a scale, but I can give an update on that later.

My friend asked me the other day if they have counseling for women who get this surgery. I told her that if they do, no one has said anything about it to me. Though it seems like a good idea. I know this surgery has one of the highest levels of satisfaction, but there has to be some emotional "adjusting" that takes place. Ladies who have had this surgery - how was your emotional recovery? Was it all just a feeling of elation the whole time? Did you have any moments of regret?
So far I feel better about my appearance than I ever have, the first few days were a shock but now I feel so much better about myself. I'm still in the beginning, so I imagine I'll only feel more confident as the healing process continues.

I never had any regret, though I know some of the girls have. It wasn't all elation, as recovery can be hard, but I've not missed by jumbo boobs at all, in fact my only disappointment has been that I'm not smaller.

So a couple of things to report: 1. I received...

So a couple of things to report:

1. I received a notice from an attorney's office for my insurance about the original surgeon I went to (the one that insurance approved in 24 hours). It was asking me to verify the details of the possible accident that lead to the services being covered... I have NO idea what they want me to verify or why they would send a letter, but it seems a little fishy to me. Anyway, I won't be using that surgeon.

2. The second surgeon (my preferred one) was faxing my information to the wrong number, so it took 3 months and too many phone calls, but I was approved for her to do my reduction. I have to get it done between November and February. I went ahead and scheduled my appointment for November 28th (the week after Thanksgiving). As son as I hung up the phone with the scheduler I had knots in my stomach. A month and a half of waiting. But I'm also super excited for this to finally happen. I just need to figure out the details.

For those of you who live alone and in a different state from your family, who helped you on surgery day (and the few days afterward)? I'm about 1500 miles away from my closest family member and I don't want to burden one of my friends with staying with me for a whole day after the surgery. Technically, my dad works from home and he could fly down, but a plane ticket would easily cost $500, so if there is a better, local option I would prefer that. How long do you need to have someone with you afterward? How long before you can drive yourself places? I also work form home so as long as I can type on my computer and answer my phone, I don't have to take too many days off.

Anyway, I'm still on a weight loss journey. I haven't stepped on a scale but I can tell I've lost some weight. I know that these profiles are pretty useless without pictures, so I'm working up the courage to post some "befores."
hi you should keep in touch withme im scheduled for nov 9th i am 42i girl that is way to much going on check out my page leave a comment inbox me we are both waiting thank god its almost over
I have gone the route of my OBGYN referring me to a PS and he submitted to insurance with photos. I was turned down. I was a 38DDD at the time. I am a little older now and heavier (thank you menopause!) and now take a 40H. I want to try again, but i have a new doctor due to mine retiring. Did anyone go directly to a PS and bypass their Primary Care Physician. Did this work? I am getting desperate. I have such shoulder, neck and back pain. I do wear a very expensive and correctly measured bra, but it's barely big enough. NEVER can buy a bathing suit. (I've forgotten whaqt that is even like - and I have a pool, but never use it.)
I bypassed my Primary Care Physician. Well, actually I went to her about 8 months ago complaining of back and neck pain and she referred me to physical therapy sessions. I didn't want to go through that, so I just scheduled a consultation directly with the plastic surgeons. Sometimes, insurance likes to see a paper trail of your documented "woes" that lead to a breast reduction. But a lot of surgeons know how to word things so that insurance approves it the first time around. If you go to a PS and they send everything to insurance, there is a chance you will be approved if you meet the standards. If not, they will just tell you something like "we need to see 1 year of documented pain management - like physical therapy or something." It will be a little extra work, but most of the time if you play with their rules and resubmit you have a better chance of being approved. Luckily I didn't have to go through all that. They just approved it right away. You'll never know unless you try. Oh yeah - I did have to pay a $40 copay for the consultation. Good luck!

It's November! The month of my surgery! Thurteen...

It's November! The month of my surgery! Thurteen days until my pre-op and 27 days until my BR. I'm ready for these ladies to be gone. Good riddance! I can't wait to be able to do so many things. I think I may even train for a marathon (or half) next year! Super excited! I guess now I have to play the waiting game. I will probably order some scar-healing strips from Amazon next week. Does anyone have any recommended brands? I heard Kelocote was good. I will also be ordering a wedge pillow to help me sleep on my back. I sleep on my stomach every night, so it's going to be pretty uncomfortable. By the way, does anyone know of any natural remedies to help recovery time? I do something called oil pulling (Google it) and it does wonders for my body. I plan to continue this after my surgery because it will probably help me with recovery.

My dad is flying in to assist me the day of my surgery, and a few days afterwards. I work from home, so I should be OK to go back to work fairly early after my surgery, but I took off from 11/28 (surgery day) until 12/3.

Good luck to everyone out there with a November surgery date!!!
i am going to use palmers cocoa butter. all the girls who use it on here rave about it. I also have bio oil too. imma try one for a week then the other and see which one really shows a difference. i have the wedge pillow as well. i didnt like it all that much make sure u get a few extra pillows for the sides so it will be more comfy for ur arms. i sort of made a nest around me with pillow so i wouldnt roll over. wont be too much longer before its ur turn! hehehe
Let us know how it goes! I have my first consult on the 13th...Im praying they can get me an approval to have the surgery before the first of the year (when my insurance deductible TRIPLES!)

My pre-op is ONE WEEK away! I can't believe it's...

My pre-op is ONE WEEK away! I can't believe it's almost here. Today I downloaded all the forms I need to complete for my pre-op appointment. I swear I printed out about 100 pages. Now the fun part of filling them out...

Last week I started getting worried that I would miss having big boobs. Not big like they are right now, but I've been obsessed with becoming a B cup/small C and lately I've been wondering if I wouldn't rather be a large C. I know how my brain works, though, and if I tell the doctor I want to be a large C I know I'll regret it afterwards. I don't have that great of a track record with last-minute decisions! Anyway, as the day draws nearer I ave SO many emotions. I'm anxious for it to be done already. I'm scared of something going wrong. I'm SO HAPPY that it's finally happening. I've been stocking up on books to read while I recover. Also, my dad is coming into town and he's a huge movie buff, so I need to make sure Netflix is connected to the TV for him. Yeeeeee three weeks!
hi girl yes well i wanna be a big size they are making me a DD so im happy ummm good luck with preop so i wish you the best of luck stay in touch i have been waiting for my surgery for 5 months and know its two days away im like omg well talk to you soon....
SassyCharly, yor results look phenomenal. I love the size of the areola (areoli? areole?) I think I want to ask the surgeon to make my pretty small. Small ones look cuter to me. :) Anyway, I'll definitely use your pillow nest idea.
thanks rylie. and i agree smaller are so cute hehehe

Pre-op was this morning. The PS told me to expect...

Pre-op was this morning. The PS told me to expect something between a C and D cup - probably a D. I'm devastated. Ever since I got home I have actually been contemplating cancelling my surgery in 2 weeks and rescheduling it once I have lost more weight and she can get me to a "B to C" range instead of a "C to D." I don't want to be a pain, but honestly, waking up after surgery and being a D cup would be close to the worst thing in the world. I would feel like I wasted everyone's time and my money. I don't care about looking proportionate; what I care about is being able to go braless in a summer dress. Can't do that with Ds. Plus, right around the time I went from a C to a D cup (college) is when I started experiencing shoulder and back pain, bad posture, and grooves in my shoulders from bras. I want to get rid of these problems, not just reduce them. Needing advice. Surgery scheduled for 2 weeks. I can postpone it until February without needing insurance approval again. Should I wait? Should I go back to PS#2, who said he could make me a smaller cup size (even though it might not look proportionate)? Gah. Sleeping now.
Hi Ryliek. Just read your update. Does your surgeon know that you plan on losing 30 to 40 lbs after surgery? From what my surgeon said to me about loosing to much weight post op you may want to think about it. He did not want me to lose more than 10 lbs after surgery. He really didn't want me to lose any weight at all. He said a big weight loss will ruin the work he did. You will end up with saggy skin again that will need to be surgically removed once more to get that firmness back. The closer you are to your goal weight before surgery the better. For example I just had a hip revision after a TT. After the visit when we discussed how long of an incision it would be I lost about 8 lbs. that didn't correct the problem area but it did make the skin even loser. The incision ended up being so much longer because there was more lose skin to take off. After that procedure he expressed again not to lose anymore weight. I have noticed my boobs also got a little smaller. if i lose more weight they will definitely start to look deflated. So i am not going to drop anymore lbs. I just wanted to share my personal experience with the weight lose. I hope whatever you decide that you are happy and heal up beautifully.
Thanks, Ana! I told my surgeon that I plan on dropping a few more sizes. At this point I don't really care about them looking deflated after I lose weight. I just never want them to be large again. If they are deflated Bs I'm OK with that. I also have very elastic skin, so that may prevent a little saggyness. It would be nice to look like a 16 year old for the rest of my life, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather be at a healthy weight than have perky breasts :)
Plus, I've wanted to become a runner for YEARS and once they're smaller I should be able to make that happen. I'm super excited about running my first marathon and if they trade-off for that is less full breasts, I'll take it!

HI everyone! Only three more days until my...

HI everyone! Only three more days until my surgery. I’ve been nesting around the house – cleaning, organizing, and stocking up on things so that I won’t need to do any of them for a while after surgery. I even put up the Christmas decorations and decorated the tree! I’ve also been disinfecting everything I can around the house, just to be safe. I even bathed my cat! I still need to pick up the prescriptions I’ll need for Wednesday. In addition to those, I also bought some Arnica Montana because it’s supposed to help with swelling and bruising. I’ll start taking that the day before surgery. I only have one container of it and it should last about 2 weeks.

I went to Target yesterday and passed by the “Intimates” section. They have bras for $8. EIGHT DOLLARS! And soon (hopefully) I’ll be able to fit in them. I also went through some boxes I have in storage. They’re filled with old clothes that fit me when my breasts were much smaller. I can’t wait to have a “fashion show” in a few months, which means I’ll be able to clean out my storage and stop paying for it every month. Lots of good things happening with this surgery!

I still need to stock up on a few more groceries for my Dad. I also need to find some button up shirts to wear after surgery (hoodies?). For those of you who have already had the surgery – how did you feel about cooking the week after? Will I be able to make my own food or will I need someone to bring me meals? I’m worried about some of the limitations I’ll experience. Yesterday one of my friends (a nurse) told me that my dad will probably need to help me go to the bathroom. Why is this? You mostly use your legs to lower yourself onto the toilet, right?

Today I was walking up the stairs to my apartment and I fell and skinned my knee – like a 4 year old. It REALLY hurts and I think I bruised it. I put some hydrogen peroxide on it and bandaged it up, but it hurts when I put pressure on it. At least it happened today and not after the surgery!

Anyway, I’m REALLY looking forward to not having to work for 5 days. I feel like the past month I’ve worked every day, even weekends. So, it will be nice to actually be off... for real.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add: After my last post...

Oh yeah, I forgot to add: After my last post (about not wanting to be a D cup) I contacted my surgeon and discussed my concerns. I asked her if she thought it would be better if I postponed my surgery until after I lost more weight. She said there was no need to do that because the difference in size would be minimal even if I lost the weight. But she did say she would be aggressive during surgery. Things like this make me very glad I chose her as my surgeon. :)
I'm scheduled for the same day you are and I'm getting excited! I put up the Christmas tree yesterday so I wouldn't have to worry about it after surgery. Good luck!
im so glad you posted that. i too plan on losing weight after surgery. i thought about postponing too, but it would be probably a long time. i figure it has to be easier to excercise with smaller breasts.
I know! I've already started researching half marathons near the end of 2013. And I can't wait to dust off my yoga mat again. Yoga was one of those things that made my day, but I stopped going because I was embarrassed/couldn't do some poses without my huge knockers getting in the way. I really miss it!

Got a semi-early start this morning... Everything...

Got a semi-early start this morning... Everything is clean, clothes have been washed (need to put new sheets on tomorrow), fridge is stocked, work is (almost) completed, car is cleaned, Christmas decorations are hung, prescriptions are got, nightstand is stocked with "goodies" - bottled water, medication, books, a candle. I'm enjoying my last day with my oversized breasts. Last night I took some more "before" pictures. In bathing suits that I haven't worn since high school. I looked ridiculous, but it will be fun to compare later.

Only thing to do now it wait. And finish this stuff for work.
Good luck.we will Be waiting to hear from you..***hugs***.
Dang! Wish I would have thought to put up the Christmas stuff beforehand. Oh well, give those guys something to do. Wishing you a great day tomorrow. I completed mine yesterday, and felling pretty good now. I know you will to. Keep us posted.
sweetpw, it is nice to have it done! I also rearranged the furniture in the living room. Last year I built an oversized ottoman that is 65" long (I'm 63" long). It's been sitting in the corner but tonight I moved it to a prime TV/Christmas tree watching spot. Can't wait to pass out on that thing watching Christmas movies this week! Congrats on your surgery!

Hi ladies! Here’s an update of how my surgery...

Hi ladies!

Here’s an update of how my surgery went yesterday. I tried to post it earlier but apparently RealSelf was getting it's own reconstructive surgery all day :)

My Dad and I arrived at the hospital at 6:30 yesterdaymorning. After about 30 minutes of waiting around they brought me back and a nurse got me ready and took all my vitals. They had me change into a gown that was really high tech... there was this machine that connected to it and filled it with hot air so it was like I was wrapped in my own little heating blanket! I peed thrice during the pre-op process because I was so nervous... Anyway, the surgeon came in and marked all over my boobs so I looked like a football playbook. I made my Dad step outside for that part. She spent about ten minutes doing this and was very precise, which I appreciated. I reminded her to be aggressive and to make the areolas smaller than normal (I love how the smaller ones look). BONUS! The surgeon said that she would do some complimentary liposuction to reduce/eliminate my “armpit boobs.” She had to make a small incision in my armpits, about 6mm wide. Have I mentioned that I love my surgeon?

Afterwards, I lay back down and the anesthesiologist came in and started asking me questions. The next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room about 5 hours later. I was in pain (6-7 out of 10) so the nurse pushed some kind of pain medication (not sure what) but the pain only went down to a 5. So she gave me some crackers and a percocet. Pain went down to a 3 :) The nurse kept asking me questions and talking to me, but I was REALLY tired so I just wanted her to shut up and let me sleep. (On the inside I was groggy bitch, but on the outside I was very polite and cooperative.) It didn’t matter that I wanted to sleep because I wasn’t staying overnight at the hospital so it was time to go home. I got dressed and was wheelchaired to the exit, where my Dad was waiting to get me. We made it home safely and I’ve been in bed sleeping ever since. I'm sleeping on my back, which is NOT how I sleep, but I purchased a wedge pillow, which has been a LIFESAVER. Dad’s been bringing me everything I need. It’s nice to be waited on, though I still find myself being stubborn and trying to do everything myself. I have to keep reminding myself that I just had major surgery.

I've been consistent with my antibiotics and pain meds, though earlier I threw up one of my antibiotics because I was walking around too much. Anesthesia is no joke! If I stand up for more than 3-4 minutes I get way nauseous. I'm sneaking powdered fiber into everything I eat, so hopefully I'll have a BM soon. (TMI? yes, please) I've also been drinking a LOT of fluids. I'm super bloated. My face looks like a Cabbage Patch doll.

I don’t really have that much pain – just the lower sides of my chest (not sure why, since sure I'm pretty she didn’t cut there...). I’m supposed to take it easy. No lifting over 5 lbs and no raising my arms above my shoulders. I’m all wrapped up in gauze and tape, so I have no idea what my new boobs look like. But the surgeon doesn’t use drains so I go back tomorrow and I think she’s going to remove the dressings and put me in a surgical bra.

Thanks again for all your prayers and warm wishes! I’m SO glad I got this done and I can’t wait to see what they look like! I can already feel a difference in back and neck pain. It's GONE! I'll try to update again after my first post-op appointment.

Post Op Day 1 I went to my first PO appointment...

Post Op Day 1

I went to my first PO appointment today. She took the dressings off and... I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new breasts. They’re so small and cute! They’re EXTREMELY boxy and still swollen, but I can tell they are going to be the PERFECT SIZE :) SO glad I chose my surgeon! And my armpit boobs are practically gone! She put me in a surgical bra and gave me another one so I would have 2. I can buy more bras as long as they aren’t constricting (like a sports bra) and don’t have any underwire. She gave me the “nipple test” and I haven’t lost any sensation (triple yay!). When I got home I looked at my profile in the mirror and couldn’t believe how small I look. I was like “I’m flat-chested! Like a BOY!” Hahaha. Actually right now they’re probably somewhere around a full C, so not flat at all, but compared to what I had before, these are tiny! I’m so happy I had this done. I think I will be saying that a lot over the next few months (and years).

To anyone out there on the fence about doing it – go in for a consultation! I’m only at Day 1 post op and I can already tell it’s the best decision I’ve made in my life.

My pain crept up today. The incisions under the breasts are VERY sore. The bra seems to end exactly where the incisions are, so I put extra gauze around them, and even bolstered that with a clean washcloth. Technically I could have showered today, but by the time I got home I was so tired I just got back into bed. I’ll try showering tomorrow (and taking more pictures for y’all).

My next post-op appointment is in two weeks. She OKed me to drive as soon as I was off pain medication and I felt up to it, but I don’t really see the need to drive anywhere anytime soon. Dad has been perfectly happy watching movies and basketball all day (and eating awesome food delivered by my friend).

Earlier when I was sleeping my cat walked across my chest. I about threw him across the room! He was just coming to lay next to me, but it hurt like crazy. I had to make sure I didn’t bust anything but the girls are OK.

Anyway, I’ll try to upload the pics I took on my phone today. They’re not such good quality, but they give an idea of the size and boxiness of my breasts.
Glad it is over for you. I have had a hard time adjusting to sleeping on my back also
Also.... Where did you order your wedge pillow from? Most I've found don't seem that "wedge-y"..... Lol
I got mine from Overstock.com. The rise is only about 9-10 inches, so it's not very wedgy (hehehe) either. Like I wouldn't use it to sit up and get on the computer or watch movies. Only for sleeping. Yesterday I put a regular pillow on top of it to create more slope. It seemed to help. This is the one I got: http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Beautyrest-Personal-Wedge-Pillow/3693050/product.html It was $39.99 when I bought it but it seems to be on sale now for $29.99. I'm glad I bought one because it's definitely helped with the back sleeping!

Does anyone else's throat still feel weird from...

Does anyone else's throat still feel weird from the intubation?
"Boxy boobs!"Those are thee perfect words to describe these squares sitting on top of my chest. I have a 8 lb Maltese who will be coming home today after staying with my mom since surgery. He is such a mama's boy and can sense when things are not rite with me. Thanks for the update and can't wait to see your post pics. Happy healing.
Happy healing to you, too! And we can be boxy boob twins for the next few weeks. Or however long it takes for them to drop.
sounds like ur resting good. bad kitty!! lol. my dog did the same thing. i ran immediately to the bathroom and checked the girls all was well but omg it scares u thats for sure!

Day 3 Post Op Man, today has been the best...

Day 3 Post Op

Man, today has been the best recovery day so far. I haven't felt the need to sleep for the entire day. I'm still tired, but I've just been taking it easy. I've been off pain meds for more than 24 hours and there has been minimal soreness. I changed my gauze today. My right side is draining a little, but the left side seems happy. I have minimal bruising, which I contribute to the arnica montana. I forgot to oil pull today, so I'll try to start that up again tomorrow to see if it speeds up my recovery. I feel like I'm ready to go back to work on Tuesday... I just don't want to. It's been so nice to focus on myself these past few days. I spent twenty minutes exfoliating and painting my nails this afternoon!

My stomach doesn't feel so big today... I think I've been seriously bloated since surgery and I didn't even know! Yesterday I ventured out with my dad to go find some more button and zip up tops. The car ride was fine, but afterwards I felt really tired.

My breasts don't look as boxy today as they did yesterday. I'm sure they will continue to shape themselves over the next few weeks. My throat still feels weird from the intubation. I'm not sure how to explain it... it feels like there's a layer of rubber on my throat and when I eat or drink something it just feels... weird. Hoping this will go away soon. I've been cleared to start walking so I might start taking ten or fifteen minute walks tomorrow.

My dad leaves in the morning. Before he goes, he's been helping to rearrange my apartment so things aren't awkward and out of reach. I think I may even ask him to vacuum the living room. I saw some crumbs in there while I was painting my nails and they're already all I can think about. He's been super helpful this whole time and I'm so blessed that he could come down.

I posted some new pics today. All taped up :)
You look so good and are healing beautiful! Tell your dad I needed him over by me for my recovery lol...He sounds wonderful..Your very lucky...enjoy your new girls glad you doing well Happy recovery
Haha. I'll send him over! He has been awesome.
Yey it feels good to be a posty opy right?! Just enjoy your time relaxing now! xxxx

1 WEEK POST I made it 1 week! Definitely...

1 WEEK POST

I made it 1 week! Definitely learning a lot as I go. Like how tired I still get from doing minimal things. The other day I went for a ride to visit some friends who just had a baby. We were only there for an hour and I just sat the whole time, but when we got home I was wiped out!

I got a tip from a few ladies to put a pillow under my knees when sleeping. It makes sleeping on my back SO much more bearable. I ran out of arnica montana a couple of days ago. I DEFINITELY feel the difference without it. The last 2 days I’ve had increased swelling and pain, especially under my arms where she did the lipo. The outer-bottom side of both breasts is where most of the swelling is. It’s not painful... it’s more... numb. I’ve also noticed that my nipples are more sensitive... in a bad way... Like it’s almost painful when something brushes against them. I don’t know if this is because of the arnica montana or not. For those of you taking it, do you follow the instructions on the label? One tube lasts about 5 days that way. Or are you stretching it out? Someone needs to take me to the grocery store for a refill! Actually, I think I might drive myself this afternoon before rush hour gets too bad.

I’m getting really antsy to start exercising. I think going to the gym and getting on the treadmill or elliptical for 45 minutes would help with the stir-craziness of not leaving the house. It would also just make me feel better. I’m getting pretty antsy to be fully recovered and get back to “normal” life (I know, I know, I have a long way to go). One question for you ladies who have already had the surgery: When were you given the OK to lift your arms above your shoulders? I’m not as sore as I was right after surgery, but I don’t want to push myself too hard.

Not much else to report about recovery. I’m still prescription-free. Still tired. Barely draining on either side. Still love my new boobs :)
yeah its 2 weeks for me now and I would love to get back to the gym but have to be happy with going walks right now which is scary as it snowing hear lol happy healing you look great xxx

11 DAYS POST So, last night we had a bunch of...

11 DAYS POST

So, last night we had a bunch of people over for dinner. Afterwards I was completely exhausted so I went straight to bed. I must have been super tired, because I woke up in the middle of the night and I was... sleeping on my stomach! Apparently I grabbed a pillow and hugged it to my chest, then lay down on my stomach. It must have worked, because I felt no pain. I woke up and thought “I’m not supposed to be like this...” But everything seems fine today. No busted incisions or pain or anything. (Though, I must admit, it felt good to sleep like that again!)

In other news, most of my steristrips have come off. I still have a few. I know I thought the size of my breasts was perfect before, but the last few days they seem big. Too big. Like I’m going to end up a D cup. Which is NOT what I wanted. I know that swelling has added some fullness to them, but I’ve been taking arnica montana religiously (minus a couple of days when I ran out), so the swelling is at a minimum. I’ve been feeling a bit bummed out about this. I first noticed that they might be bigger than I’d like because I have been wearing button up shirts during the day and I still experience the puckering of the buttons across the breasts. This is the same size shirt I wore when I had trip Ds! That’s not supposed to happen anymore! I wanted small, dainty breasts that I wouldn’t have to wear a bra with. Breasts that don’t make my shirts pucker. I’m trying so hard to focus on the many positives that came out of this surgery. But I really wish they came out even a half a cup smaller. I can’t wait to get the OK to exercise because I’m very determined to “work off” some of the excess fatty tissue and I’m hoping that will take some of the size away. I don’t think I’ll ever be a B cup again, but I just might be able to get them down to a manageable C.

At about 7 days post I came down with the itchies, bad! I couldn’t even sleep. Luckily, my doctor had pre-prescribed me some anti-itch medicine. It worked like a charm. I haven’t really experienced that for a couple of days. I see the surgeon again on Wednesday for my second post-op.
Try not to focus on the size. You are still swelling and the more active u are the more the swelling might be present. I was measuring at a DD about the same point in recovery u are now and now I am a d. ur body is going thru alot of changes and it will be months. ( and i mean months!! grrr ) for ur girls to take shape and soften to mold into ur bras that u will have. hope that helps. hugs xxxxxx
This is exactly what I needed to hear! I'm the complete opposite of a patient person, so having to wait months to see the final size is going to drive me crazy. But I've said it before and I'll say it again: yours look ah-MAZ-ing! Also, I think you have a bra addiction ;) Can't wait to get there!
Any advice on bra shopping? I got the okay to wear something other than my compression bra yesterday and the only think I could find that fit and was comfortable were stretchy types, like Bandini from Barely There. I did have some tenderness while trying different bras. Any advice on bras at 5 weeks, and the shaping and softening you mention any tips on normal bras that help shaping?

POST OP DAY 19 Hi everyone! I’m about 2.5...

POST OP DAY 19

Hi everyone! I’m about 2.5 weeks post-surgery. I’m doing pretty well. No pain. I had my 2nd post-op appointment last week and the surgeon seemed pretty impressed that I had stopped taking pain medication so soon. I’ve been reading some reviews for ladies who are still in a lot of pain 2 or 3 weeks post. I really think the arnica montana has done wonders for my recovery.

PS started me on scar treatment (Scarguard). I thought it was too soon for that, but if it’s going to help the scars disappear faster I’m all for it. Most of my scabs are gone and the incisions don’t look so bad anymore. I also have a tube of Kelocote that I bought over a month ago. I plan on using that when the Scarguard is used up.

Since my last post, I’m feeling a little better about my size. I still think they’re big and I wish they were a little smaller, but I don’t think they look bad by any means. In fact, I quite like how I look now in t-shirts and jackets. I’m still very antsy and ready to start exercising. I’ve been doing pretty well with my diet, though I haven’t stepped on a scale to verify any weight loss.

On Saturday night I went out for a friend’s pub crawl (don’t worry, I only drank water). I stayed out for a few hours, but that was definitely overdoing it, because I slept ALL DAY on Sunday. I think I was awake for 4 hours total. My body just needed to sleep. I’ve been taking it easy ever since. Anyway, I’m posting new pictures so you can see the recovery progress. Wondering how long it will take before the remaining boxiness goes away and they drop more in the center and not off to the sides...

Forgot to add, I added a couple of new pictures.

Forgot to add, I added a couple of new pictures.
So now that it's been a while, what size did you really end up with?? How do you feel going from a DDD to a significantly smaller size?? I ask b/c I just got my insurance approval letter that they will cover the procedure. I am a 38DDD and would LOVE to go down to a 38B.
Loving the size..what cup size are you currently on?and did ur PS use the FNG(the free nipple method,wereby the nipple is cut off then placed back on)?
PS did a good job. I can't wait to have the feeling of smaller breast. I'm going for my first consult next week. Not sure if insurance will cover. You didn't have to go jump through a lot of hoops to get your insurance to approve you, which is great. I had back pain for more than 10 yrs but it progressed after having my 2nd child over 4 yrs ago. I'm 5'4", 186 lbs and wear a 38 dd/ddd bra. Anyway, congrats on becoming the NEW YOU!