Modified Phenol or Croton Oil / Hetter Peel - Texas

I am 4 weeks post peel. It was paintful for the...

I am 4 weeks post peel. It was paintful for the first 11 days but with the pain medication (I took Percoset)and numbing meds (Lidocaine)I was ok. Slept pretty much the first 4-5 days. It is imperitive that you have someone with you (preferably a nurse) to administer your medications and apply the treatments.

The first 2 days you treat the face every 2 hours with sterile water and a bit of vinegar so remove the slothing skin. Then you apply a mixture of bacitracin and Lidocaine that is whipped up and kept in the fridge. This is applied like you would ice a cake with a tongue depressor. After the 2nd or 3rd day the facial washes are not so frequent but several times a day. Not only is this beneficial to healing and preventing scaring but it also feels really good. After about 10 or so days most of the "crap" has come off and you have red very tight skin. For me it has been hard to open my mouth real wide.

I will say this, I am 65 and had pretty deep wrinkles around my mouth and also deep lines between my eyebrows.........ALL GONE. It is amazing and I am willing to wait as long it takes to completely heal. I used a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and my procedure was done in a hospital setting anthesia was administered by an Anethesiologist. I had to have a cardiac clearance prior to my procedure because of my age.

There is a lot of preparation for this peel including 6 weeks of hydryoquinone and retin A. There are certain vitamins you will stop a couple of weeks before and different healing vitamins you will start a couple of weeks before. You really need to be dedicated to this and plan on waiting at least 3 weeks to go out. I am still really red and probably will be for up to 6 months. I wear a heavy duty sunscreen but make-up seems to make me look pretty normal now to go out in public. My face is flawless. I would do it again although this will last me the rest of my life if I take care of my face.

Could you tell me if the peel tightened your skin or did you need a facelift? thank you.
The peel did tighten my skin...............in fact I was worried at first because it was really tight but it's been almost 3 years now and my face is relaxed and soft/supple and NO lines. The healing takes a long time but so worth it. It did not lift my jowls or neck....that will have to come next but my face looks wonderful.
Hi, I was wondering if your skin turned white or waxy looking and are you still happy with the results? Thank you.

Modified Phenol or Crtoton OIl Peel

It's been almost 3 years...............I am still very pleased. The healing took a long time..........the redness lasted almost 6 months. It was so worth it though. I am going to recommend this procedure to anyone that has lots of wrinkles......just remember that the recovery takes a while and you must be committed to it.

I wish I could find a doctor in the Philly area that could do that good of a job for me. You really look fantastic!
Your results are awesome. I get my peel next Monday. I am hoping to get rid of those vertical lines above my lips. Your doc did an excellent job.
Grandmary, I have to say that you look amazing. Did the peel change the color of your skin? Is it true that you have to stay out of the sun for the rest of your life or can you just wear sunscreen?

Modified Phenol Croton Oil Peel

3 years and still loving it.............

You look amazing, thanks for sharing.
Good luck..................just hang in there and remember the end results. Contact me if you have any other questions marymckenz@aol.com
Grandmary, Just curious. Is the reason you have to always wear sunscreen because you could end up with hypo/hyper pigmentation or is it because your skin could wrinkle more easily?
Austin Plastic Surgeon