Ready for the New Me - Texas

I am a young mother of 3 children. I had my first...

I am a young mother of 3 children. I had my first at age 20, and never regained my cute body after that. I am now 27 and my body looks much older. I put myself through school for 4 years as a single mother, and now that I have found someone that loves me as much as I love him, it's time to treat myself to something special! I plan on having a BA with lift, FTT and lipo to flanks.

I just scheduled my Mommy Makeover for January 23....

I just scheduled my Mommy Makeover for January 23. I am so excited, I never thought I would have enough nerve to actually do this, but I have wanted this for a long time. Each pregnancy left me with a more disfigured body, and I can't wait to see the new me. I'm the type of person that likes things to happen right away, but I will just have to keep myself busy until the big day. I have been religiously reading everyone's posts trying to get an idea of what the whole process will be like. Sooooo exciiiiited to have made this step!

Ok, I have 11 days left and seem to be avoiding...

Ok, I have 11 days left and seem to be avoiding thinking about it. I guess the reality of it has not hit me yet or something. I have 11 days left and have been working a lot lately. I have my pre op next Tuesday, so I am guessing it will hit me after that. Everyone's journeys have been really inspiring, and I hope to have a successful surgery and recovery!

Ok, so here I at my first day of work. I am...

Ok, so here I at my first day of work. I am miserable. I am in pain and it has been a slow day for the most part. I have never been swollen this much since the surgery. Usually it is just below the belly button but right now I am swollen above also. Ugh. I wish I had more paid time off. Hopefully I will feel better tonight after lying on the recliner!!!

Ok guys, I had a bit of a disappointing day. I...

Ok guys, I had a bit of a disappointing day. I have had this weird looking spot on my hip and my doctor was watching it for a few weeks. Monday it was determined I have a small wound separation, however, I had a thin layer of skin over it so it wasn't exposed. He put Hypafix tape over it to try and protect it, but yesterday I started having a reaction to the tape. My whole side was red, inflamed, and itchy. He asked me to come back in today. He decided he had to take the tape off in fear off it irritating the wound more. He decided to cut open the skin there in the office and expose the wound, rather than it breaking open at home over the weekend. Anyway, therenwas a pool of blood and a stitch thatbwas nor dissolved. He took that out and took a culture to send to the lab and test for infection. He says it looks like healthy tissue and will not take long to close. He rinsed it with saline and packed it with gauze. So now I have to be doing that twice a day and go back on Tuesday to get checked out. The wound is not that big, but it is still a little scary looking until it fills in. I will be 1 month post op tomorrow. It just seems weird to be how I had a wound separation, but I had skin covering it. It never opened up on it's own. Anyway, not the best news, but it couldnbe worse. I'm just glad it is manageable. Hope everyone is healing well!

Pharmgirl, how are you doing??
You look fabulous!
Thank you blackbird! Right now I'm sure I look pretty swollen. Today was my first day back to work. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty stuff. I wish I had more time to recover at home. Good luck to you on Tuesday! Everything will be fine and turn out great. It was over beforenineven knew it started!
wow! You look great! I'm going in on tuesday for mine and you just made me even more excited!
420 cc high profile saline....he overfilled a little to 440 I think
How many cc did u get& what type of implants?
I honestly don't know much about these drains yet so I can't help u there! I'm just in the beginning stages of choosing my surgeon/consultations..etc. but I would be sure to wear something comfortable & loose if possible.
Ok, they did the big tape unveil today, and to be honest I expected worse. I only got 1 drain removed, going back on Friday for another try. It's been at 35 everyday and when I went in today it was already high , so he said no. Anyway, the incision healed really well, they left the tape off and said I'm free to use the silicone sheets now. To be honest, I just want the tape back on. I'm feeling really nauseous after the drain pull, and the nurse cleaned everything with her cotton balls and stuff, so now I guess I'm not feeling so hot. I miss the security of the tape. Garment is a mist for another 4 weeks, so have to find xlotheae suitable for that. Any ideas what I should do if I have to start work and done get this drain pulled?
That was supposed to say ''something suitable" and "don't get the 2nd drain pulled"
That's good! Sounds like you are healing really good then! Having ur hubby home is sure a big help! I'm glad my hubby will be taking 3-4 weeks off work & after that he works from home anyway so that will be a huge blessing!
hi, your looking good. i was wondering what part of texas you got your surgery done in and what plastic surgeon you used? thanks.
Well my son is a total Daddy's boy, so my husband has been doing a great job. It's hard not to snuggle and hold him, but hopefully soon I'll be able to get on the floor and play. My husband is a stay at home dad and it has been great for us! Anyway, I hope work won't be too awful. Tonight we washed the compression garment and for the firstvtime it wasn't completely horrrid and painful. It has gotten better. Still have my bad moments, but it is sooooooo much better than before.
That's what I keep hearing, that after about 4 days you start feeling a bit better everyday. But that stinks that you have to start work already!!! How are you dealing with your 14 month old (when u can't lift her)? I know that will be so hard for me, mine will be about 19 months by the time I get my MM. I look forward to seeing your updated pics!!!
I agree the first few days are the worst and then it gets better. I think everyone takes longer to drop on the left side. Mine did too. You're looking great!
AZerika, my surgery went well. I was waking up before I even knew I had had surgery. It was surreal. I didn't document my recovery like I wish I would have, but I just didn't have the energy. As soon as I got home, I was fantastic! They used lidocaine whichnlasted about 12 hours, but by 2 am I was dying for pain medication. my husband took good care of me and my mother in law kept our 14 month old for almost a week. The swelling and this garment is really getting to me. I wa t to rip this thing off. Taking a shower is this big ordeal. Ibam 2 weeks post op, and have dine a few dishes, picked up a few dirty clothes and have gone to the store several times. The first 3 days were then worst, but I can't wait for this to be over. Please, ask me anybquestions you ca. Think of. I have a few before and afters, but have to go upstairs to download them. I will try to motivate myself today, as I start work soon and need some motivation. One of my breasts looks pretty good, the left is still kinda funky looking, still needing to drop into it's place. I will discuss that with PS tomorrow.
Nonamesleft, I'm a pharmacist. I took off justbabout 20 days....I am supposed to go back to work on Sunday. Bummer! I hope I can handle it. Onlyn8 hour shift this time, but Our script count has increased dramatically in the past few weeks. I am still walking a little stiff, and then swelling ton everything. My drains are supposed to come out tomorrow, so fingers crossed.
Hi PharmGirl! How did your surgery go, how is your recovery going??? Hope everything went well for you!
Are you a rep? I am, and am only taking a total of 11 days out of field. Really nervous about that. BTW, I too was a young single mommy who put herself through school...I have 3 kids... And I am doing the exact same procedure on 2/9/12. And....coincidentally enough. I can't decide on my ta-tas either.
I know what you mean I rrad everyday too. I would say from what I read 2 weeks is not enough time off if your on your feet 14 hours aday. Where are you having your TT done I see you live in Texas.
Thank you SassyMomma! I religiously read this site everyday and see how everyone is progressing. I feel like I'm somewhat obsessed!
Welcome! There are tons of persona stories as well as professional advice on RealSelf. Soak it all and ask questions. It's worth it!!!!