Countdown to a Better Me!! Weight Loss Help!!!

Well...where to start. I am 33 years old. I am the...

Well...where to start. I am 33 years old. I am the proud mother of 5 beautiful daughters. 14,11,7,6, and 3. My husband says he has it pretty good, he is always surrounded by beautiful girls:) I was always very athletic and healthy while in my teens. I was never skinny really, but strong and fit. Then, I started having children young and that youthful strong body was gone. 5 kids in about 10 years has taken it's toll.

I know that you can have children and stay fit. But, unfortunately I just didn't. 2011 was the hardest year of my life. My mother died in 2010 and it was quite a blow. She lived with us and was so close to my children and me. After that I feel like I was on auto pilot. At the beginning of 2011 I looked up and didn't like what I saw. I was depressed and was trying to eat my pain away. My marriage was suffering and I had lost the person I used to be.

Have you ever looked up and thought, "How did I get here?" I was 235 pounds and felt hopeless. But, I am thankful that I know the ONE who gives hope to the hopeless. I began to take some serious time to look at my life. Inside and out. I realized that I didn't value myself. I spent all my time trying to "serve" my family and never took any time for myself. I didn't realize that taking time for and loving myself only made me a better mom and wife. So I began the journey to becoming the best me I could be.

I began walking...a lot. As the summer of 2011 got here I was walking 3 or 4 miles a day. I was using that time to think and reflect. I then started to change my eating habits and the weight began coming off slowly. By the time I went back to work in August I was down to 198. I found as I lost weight my stomach actually looked worse. That was a bit disheartening. But I have known for years I wanted to get a TT.

But I have also known that I would have to lose a substanial amount of weight before. Now that I have lost 37 pounds I can see the end in sight. My goal is to be down to 170-175 before my surgery. I had my first consult on Jan. 20. I went really well. I loved my PS. I loved having a woman for my PS. She spent 1.5 hours with me explaining everything, answering all my questions, and I never felt rushed.

Originally I planned to have the surgery around spring break. After thinking about it I felt that was rushing things. I am just sooooo eager!!!!! But, I am going to wait until the end of May. I have summers off, so I will have as much time as I need to recover. My plan is to have a full TT and a breast lift. I have some pretty serious muscle seperation at the top of my stomach and so much lose skin and stretch marks. I have been reading all the stories on here for months. I figured it was time to get on. I am excited, nervous, scared and impatient. The wait seems like forever. I just want to spend every day between now and then becoming as healthy as I possibly can.

Well, I got some disappointing news this week. ...

Well, I got some disappointing news this week. The money that we had planned for the surgery is now possibly not going to come in. I am so disappointed. My husband assured me that we will save and make it happen, which is so sweet. But...I really felt good about it before because the money was just extra. Now, the thought of me taking our expendable money and using it for this makes me feel selfish. I am not sure what to think. I know that I want to do this soo bad. But I don't want to feel guilty about it forever. Ladies, did you feel guilty?

Well, after my disappointing news I felt sorry for...

Well, after my disappointing news I felt sorry for myself for a few days...I'm done now. I decided that this is what I want and I will do what it takes to get it. So, I am back on my workout/eating healthy plan. I am just going to continue on like it is still going to happen on May 29th. I am believing that a way will be made. I'm not taking no for an answer:)

Well I moved my date up to May 22nd. This will...

Well I moved my date up to May 22nd. This will give me some time to recover before all my little girls are home for the summer. I also have a midway appointment on April 11th. This is a very good thing. I need dates to keep me focused. My goal is to weigh 188 by this date. And then I would like to be in the 170's, even if it is 179 by my pro-op which is May 9th. It feels like it is taking forever and coming too fast...does that make any sense??

And...I have had some things open up in the $$$ department. I just feel like it is going to happen. I will keep you updated. Any other May mommy makeover's getting ready??

I just thought I would post a few more before...

I just thought I would post a few more before pictures...as much as I don't want to. I hate the way, because of the muscle seperation, the top sticks out so far. Looking forward to not looking pregnant:)

Oh, I just thought I would post a pic with my...

Oh, I just thought I would post a pic with my spanx on. They really can hide a lot. But I am tired of hiding...

Spent Thrusday-Sunday in Austin at the Girl's...

Spent Thrusday-Sunday in Austin at the Girl's State Basketball Tourney, with the hubby and our two oldest girls. So I spent 4 days eating nachos and popcorn from the consession stand...UGH! I am up at least 5 pounds. I hate it when I sabatoge myself. So, I was up at 4:30 this morning to make it to my 5am workout. I have my "halfway" point appoinemt on April 11th. I really need to be down 14 pounds, at least, before then. If you think of me throw up a little prayer and any advice is welcome!!!

Hon games like that don't offer much in the line of healthy snacks but don't beat yourself up about it. They just want us to loose what we can to get the best results. If you haven't already start cutting out salt/sodium so that you aren't torturing yourself by getting on the scale and actually seeing water retention. I think you will get a better idea of your actual consistant weight. Salt is the enemy here not you.;)
You are gonna look amazing!!! :)
Looking forward to see your results. I am 2 weeks post op today. I went in to surgery at 175 lbs, and have gone down 6 lbs so far. I don't care so much about weight, as i care about the new flat belly, the refurbished boobies, and the new smaller waist...
You can say that, I am going to be fired, LOL THen I will have all the time in the world to recover, LOL
This site is addicting.
Hi, love. I've read your story and congrats on your weight loss to date. Sorry to hear about your mom!
I felt guilty too, a lot of gals on here say the same, but in the end it's worth it. The money can be earned back but the belly can't be fixed on its own. ;-)
You mentioned on my blog about a bl vs ba. I was happy to hear a lift would work for me - I was nervous about the maintenance of implants (needing them replaced overtime) and the likelihood of my breast sagging again due to implants. What is your current bra size? I was a very droopy 36/38 C and after lift I'm a 34/36 B.
Keep up your good work! If there is a will there is a way!
Thanks for your encouragement. I am a 36D right now. I know I should have known this but I didn't realize you may lose a whole cup size with a lift. I haven't posted any before pics of my breasts yet. I guess I should just bite the bullet and do it already. I am working hard to lose the last 20 pounds I need to lose. I am finding that this is consuming most of my thoughts and time. If I am not looking at before/after pics, then I am reading stories and trying to figure out all the money aspects. I am ready to just do it already...so I can think about something else finally:)
I know what you mean! I am 6 weeks post op and still on here a bunch. :-)
Congratulations on taking back control of your life and your weight. It is a hard battle that so many of us have faced. As for feeling guilty - I am not. I decided that I have worked very hard for the last few years to find me again after I lost myself taking care of my children/family and then my mom after my father passed 10 yrs ago. Like you my weight went up - I am now down 85 lbs from the highest. After taking care of everyone it's time to take care of me. I want to be a happy and healthy mom - this process has helped me to make great strides towards that - I don't see anything to feel gulity about.
As for weight loss - watch your protein you need a minimum of 60 grams a day and some say .5 grams for every pound you weigh if you are trying to lose weight. It will also make you fuller and more satisfied. One of my favorites is greek yougurt 15 grams in one container with 140 calories, so much better for you than regular yougurt.
Keep us posted - we are pulling for you.
Hey NC, thanks for the kind words. I am trying to really be intentional about my diet. That is where I make it or break it. I have been looking into how much protein the stuff that I am eating has. I never really paid attention before. I am determined to see this happen in my life. You and all the other lovely ladies on here make it easier!!
You will get it off, just keep your eye on the prize, the last 30 is hard, I have been stalled now for 5 months, that is why I said well time to hack, LOL
I've hit a little plateau myself. I have been working out very faithfully, it's just the eating. It's always the eating. Ugh! But I am just going to keep at it. I really need to take the time to plan my meals. I just feel so busy. With 5 children and a full time job...I am just complaining now. It's not like I am the only women with children that works. I need to just make it a priority!! You can do it too!! You have already done so good. We just have to remember that it is not a sprint, but a marathon...
Care credit has different plans. Some offer interest free plans if paid off within a certain time frame.
Thank you for the kind words, it has been a life change for me for sure!!! Look at credit unions, they had great rates especially for surgery, so that might be an option!!!
Well you had a big transition, and you and hubby need to decide as a family if you can swing it, I know I feel guilty but being obese my wole life, I was never thin like since I was 6 years old, hubby gets it, I am in debt up to my eyeballs, but for me it is worth it, I will work til I am dead to pay this off, LOL You have to look into yourself and when you are ready you will do it, having the whole summer to recover would be nice!
Yes, I can't stop thinking about it. I know that I know that I need this for me. I hate the feeling of being unhappy in my own skin. We are looking over our budget and we have a few options. I am just so nervous about financing it, with all the crazy rates and fees. Not even sure I could finance all of it anyway. I appreciate your encouragment. I feel like there are not a lot of people around I can share this with. Unless you have felt the way we have in our bodies, I am not sure they would understand such an extravgent expense for something that seems "frivolous"...ya know??
And BTW bejewelme, congrats of the weightloss. That is a really big deal. I still have about 30 to go and it feels hard. You worked so hard and it will be worth it. It encourages me to keep on going:)
I am so very sorry for your loss.
I am feeling guilty over the money. We want to buy a house and here I am about to spend 18-25K(have not decided which dr to use)My husband, bless his heart, will not let me feel guilty for long. He makes me feel a wee bit better. You should not feel guilty. You deserve this makeover.
Thank you so much! I am so excited/scared. If I hadn't been able to read all these stories and see the great results I am not sure if I could do it. You ladies give me courage:)
Congrats on the weight loss!! The ladies here are very supportive and full of information and will help you every step of the way. Their stories is what helped me to get over my fear and have my makeover after having wanting it for 16yrs now. You are going to look fantastic!!