Where my Texas Girls At? - Texas

I have tried everything under the sun to get rid...

I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of my horrible cellulite - gels/creams, dry brushing, endermologie, laser, red light therapy, massage, skinny wraps. NOTHING has worked! I am 39, 5'8" and 134 lbs. I have maintained this weight my entire adult life, minus the "freshman 15" and my 2 pregnancies. I eat healthy for the most part, drink tons of water and have exercised consistently since I was 14! Blame it on genetics, I guess. I really want this procedure but have yet to see anyone from Texas getting it done. What am I missing? There are no doctors who perform it where I live, but can travel to Dallas. Surely there are doctors there performing it. Would love to hear from anyone who has had Cellulaze in Dallas or other TX city. I see that a Dr. Lester is affiliated with RealSelf.

Lord knows I am very particular but I am starting to worry about using Dr. Powell. The 2 ladies on here who have one to him have said that he is a sweetheart, but don't seem to be thrilled with their results. I am not having this done until around the holidays when I am finished breastfeeding my little one, so if anyone finds someone in Texas that they thought did a great job, let me know!
I live in Dallas and was referred to Dr. Charles Powell as well by a girlfriend who works for Cynosure. I am currently nursing my second child so I am doing my consult in late July and plan to do the procedure around the holidays. I know that is late, but I will DEFINITELY post an honest review when I am done. I always do with anything I have had done...
Get Cellulaze!!! It's day two and I'm already seeing results!!!! I'm Sooo excited!!
That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you! I think I've resigned myself to waiting until possibly January. I don't think I can handle wearing the compression garment when the weather is this hot! And I have to be outside alot for baseball... I just hate to have to go another summer wearing dorky bermuda shorts everyday!
Wow! Glad to hear you are happy with the results so far! Who was your doctor?
Do cellulaze! It really works and says it should be long lasting results. i am about your same size and I did it last week and already see improvement. Seriously I have always loved my legs expect thsi patch of horrible buttoms and lumpt cellulite. Its looks 70% smoother one week after so I am thinking this treatment is teh real deal. I paid $2000 total for both outter thighs. cant beat that if it works
We have seen results on grades 1,2,and 3 cellulite so hopefully you will get great results. Dr. Lester comes with 25+ years of liposuction experience which provides him with an advantage for Cellulaze. Dr. Lester is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and a member of the ASPS. We have a certified surgery space as well that we include in our price. Please contact us if you would like a free consultation.
OMG, I hope you're right. I'll definitely keep you posted. The price was $2400 for what I wanted done. It'll definitely be worth it if it works! He surely sounded convinced that I would have great results.
Had a Consultation with Dr. Charles Powell on Friday. He's probably one of the nicest docs I've ever met. His office manager Courtney is a doll. I have my pre-op tomorrow and procedure on Friday. Yikes!!!! I'm praying this works.
How exciting! I have heard it works better on mild to moderate cases, so I bet you will get great results! Please keep us posted!
I'm gonna try to attend Dr. lester's event tomorrow! I'll update you all if I make it there.
We would love to see you at the event this evening. We are offering the discount as well if you call in and purchase. We also ask that you would try to send us pictures just so the Doctor can say you are right for the procedure. We are very happy with the results we are seeing. It is a wonderful and exciting break thru for women who struggle with cellulite. Dr. Lester is wonderful and has actually been contacted to become a trainer to other doctors and teach them advanced techniques and how to perform cellulaze. If you are interested please do not hesitate to call. I do not think we will be doing a discount like this again.
Dr. Lester, what are you seeing with women who are 6 weeks out? I am at 5 weeks and still have numbness and am very sensitive to the touch. When will this be better?
Some of our patients experience more pain and sensitivity to the skin then others. Everyone has some patches of numbness that gradually resolve with time. I would expect you to continue to improve over time. I would check with your surgeon if painful areas last longer than 3 months. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Carol1125, your timeline sounds like mine. I had it done April 28. How are you doing now? I still have achiness, bruising, and numbness. :(
Hi Chelsea Lew. I still have a little soreness when i walk on the front of my thighs. You still have bruising?. I haven't had brusing in weeks. Did you take Arnica Montana for bruising? That is proven to help. i still have numbness. I had swelling in my thighs for a long time. A little still in my ankles. I see some difference. I know you have to be patient, so I'm trying like everyone else who had it done.
Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear someone else is in the same boat. I took the Arnica for three weeks. Don't know how much it has helped. It's hard when my daughter wants to sit on my lap or when someone pats my leg or whatever and it HURTS. Someone else on here said it's like watching paint dry to see the results. Exactly. Going on vacation in a month and just want to be back to normal. :)
No problem. Oh, you took the Arnica for three weeks and still bruise?
. Wow, I only took it for 8 days with improvement. Oh, I know what you mean. It's ok until someone touches your leg! And i would add it's like watching paint dry when the humidity is 100%.LOL! Hopefully you will feel a lot better in a month for your vacation. It will get better.
Where did you have it done?
I had a lot and so they broke it down to two days. Had the other half done on June 1st. I flew from Chicago to New Jersey to Dr. DiBernardo,the lead doctor in the trials.
So, Dr. DiBernardo says that swelling, numbness, and sensitivity are all normal for 6 weeks out? Dr. Lester below said that it could last for 2-3 months. I was shocked. My doctor never mentioned that at all. I'm going to say something to him about it at my 6-week appt. later this week.
Where did you have your procedure done if you don't mind me asking?
Dr. Powell at FemSmart in Irving. I liked him a lot and he has done more than anyone in the Dallas area, but he really didn't talk to me about what recovery would be like. Maybe they are still learning, too.
Yes, that is normal, unfortunately. I am six weeks out for the first half and not even a week for the other parts. Very sore for the parts that were done on June 1st. Hardly sore for front of my thighs anymore, which was done six weeks ago and outer. This isn't a procedure for a quick fix. Your body is healing and building new collagen. To me it's worth it to have my cellulite improve. I couldn't stand to look at it in the mirror. It would always get me down. Things will get better. Good you see your doc this week.