Me Again - Texas

Hi, I have had my breast implants for 8 1/2 years....

Hi, I have had my breast implants for 8 1/2 years. I am 30 now and feel like its time to just be me..but I am terrified of what my breasts are going to look like..or should I say how saggy. I am so thankful to have found this website with women encouraging and pictures to show success stories. I have looked at other web pics and some turn out amazing and others are just scary!

Before my implants I had nursed my only daughter and went from a full B to a Full A. So I decided to get breast implants which made me a 34C. I go tomorrow morning at 7 AM to have the surgery and am freaking out because everyone is telling me I am going to regret it and will be unhappy with results.

I am trying to stay postive but I can only hope that my results are surprisingly better than what I am scared of. This is such a final and permanent decision..ugh. I should have never did it in the first place. I provided a pic of before and will put the after on sunday when I have had a couple days to heal.

Well I did it! I am sooo excited to remove the...

Well I did it! I am sooo excited to remove the bandages and see what they look like! I highly recommend doing it. And the surgery wasn't bad at all. I am soo happy having them out. But crossing my fingers for the big reveal tomorrow :)

Well I did it!! I am sooo glad I did too!! I still...

Well I did it!! I am sooo glad I did too!! I still can't believe how easy the surgery was!! I came home ate and took a power nap and felt just fine, a little sore but nothing like I thought. I have been up and around doing little things in my home and sat outside while my daughter played and was just fine. I cannot wait till tomorrow for the big reveal..keeping my fingers crossed that they will look as good as I feel. I highly recommend doing it. Im more confident now then I was with :) I will post tomorrow with the results.

Ok, I have posted my after pic. It was taken 2...

Ok, I have posted my after pic. It was taken 2 days after surgery. I know it looks bad, but I am soooo happy!! Yes..I am deflated but haven't started to fluff yet so completely optimistic. I LOVE having my implants out! I was so scared to be flat. How silly that was because I feel so feminine. So I hope my picture does not negatively persuade you to not have yours removed. I will keep updating to show my progress through this journey. I will try to put my next photo showing what I look like a week out from surgery. Thanks for all the support and comments..I truly appreciate it with all my heart.

I am still so amazed by the support on this...

I am still so amazed by the support on this website. I truly appreciate it! And I know before my surgery I was on here daily looking at other peoples stories to help me be okay with my decision. I still am happy I did it :) by my pictures you can tell I am slowly starting to maybe fluff up. Really I am not worried about having boobs at all, I rather like my flat chest. But I do wish my skin would hurry and contract. Thanks again for all the support and will update soon with what I look like. It is freeing to just be you, I promise.

So I am 7 days away from it being my 2 month mark....

So I am 7 days away from it being my 2 month mark. I am really happy how they are taking form. I know it can take 4 months till they are completely healed and shaped so YAY! I look at my before pictures and think OH MY was I really that BIG! I have had a struggle with bras though. I can't seem to wear an underwire as of now. Not because of pain but fit. And I got fitted the other day and was a whopping 34A : ) . Another plus is when I got my implants I had the surgery through my nipple. And I hated being touched there which made my husband sad and I lost sensation. So I was sure when they did the surgery again through my nipples all my husbands hopes and any sensation would be gone..But I am here to say miracles do happen!!! I regained all sensation and I LOVE it!! So I hope that helps anyone who is thinking about getting rid and getting real, lol, hence realself.com! And thanks for all the support I truly appreciate it!!

Hello everyone! I apologize for such a delay in my...

Hello everyone! I apologize for such a delay in my update and with responding to messages. I have been terribly busy and ABSOLUTELY LOVING my small chest!! Well it has been 6 months since my surgery. So here are my new photos. I post these photos in the hope of giving you all hope. If you are on the fence with your decision.. I know how you feel. And if you think you won't be beautiful without having large breasts..well, I know how you feel. I was there..I was soooo afraid of what I would look like and how others would look at me. Our society tells women that we have to be thin, beautiful, and big chested to be of any worth. Making women feel sadly inadequate. What crap!! I was a victim too of the intense media brain washing. Beauty is in being unique. One of a kind. Which you are!! You were fearfully and wonderfully made. Look around noone can replicate you. Your body is part of your story...I choose that my story will tell my precious daughter that her mother was strong. And brave to accept the true beauty that God gave her. I was not raised to realize worth is more than skin deep. It has taken me 30 years to achieve that, but I do want my daughter to find her self worth in more then cleavage. I do look forward to hearing back from all you women out there. Take care

What beautiful results! I am hoping and praying my outcome is as beautiful as yours!
Thank you for your storie, it is helping me be positive about removing mine that I have had for 12 years and suffered capsular contraction and Mastitis while breastfeeding 3 times. I was a 34 BB and now a 34C and I have very light stretch marks on the bottom, only I see and I hope they don't look too flat when they take them out. I just want to me my natural me again, these gave me the opposite of confidence, they made me feel embarrassed.
I was traumatized when I made the decision to get my implants. They're too big for my frame and I feel ashamed. I am so conflicted on whether or not to get them removed. Sometimes I do feel confident with them. But I have 4 young children and I want them to feel confident about the themselves just the way they are. I am scheduled for 2/20 for explant surgery. I saw a picture of myself post-op. I was so skinny and had zero boobs. The smallest, saggiest little things that breastfed 4 babies for a year each. I remember what I was feeling…..like I wasn't enough. I was embarrassed to be in a bathing suit and even in a dress with a totally flat chest. Well now I've had big boobs for a year and a half and I know now that I didn't need these to feel good about myself. But looking at my before pic, I'm terrified of how I will look/feel after I get them out. I don't want to spiral into a depression. I believe it's the right thing to do for my body, my health and my children…..but I'm so so scared.
Awesome. Well said.
Beloved806- you look GREAT and so fit! How was working out after? I explant and mastopexy with dr.melmed this wed September 11th. I can't wait to be on the other side of things.
I am 35 years old. I had 300 cc silicone implants over the mucsle a little over 2 years ago. They were beautiful..... For about 6 weeks, when I got capsular contracture in my right breast due to an untreated hematoma. So after my first surgeon lost all my trust I went on a hunt for one of the best breast reconstruction and revision drs in Michigan. He did a capsulectomy on the right side. Again my breast were perfect. I was very happy after surgery and he held my hand through the healing process. 1 1/2 years later here I am again. It's happening again and I am terrified. I'm so confused on what I should do. I haven't met with him yet because I'm not in full contracture so there's nothing yet that can be done. My options????? Going under the muscle this time, which means more surgery, more$$$$, and risking it all over again. I never realized that this all could happen. No one ever explained to me that I could possibly undergo multiple surgeries and spend upwards of $25,000 to fix it with still no guarantees. I'm really thinking of just removing them. I was barely a 34b before. But I have very little of my own breast tissue and very thin skin. Reading your story really helped me a lot. All I've read about removal is just terrifying mostly. I'm just so sick of constantly worrying and looking down to see if its getting worse. Thanks for the inspiration.
I had my surgery through the nipple as well! I'm hoping for my sensation to go back to normal! My surgery is May 22. He is removing them the same way. So glad to hear you had them in and removed the same way with a great result! I'm older 46 with larger implants. I had mine for little over 9 years. I hated them with a passion for most of the time I've had them!! I pray for a good result. No lift with removal I'm waiting to see what they will look like in a year. Thank you for your story. Happy Mother's Day!
Thank you for your story Beloved! I found your site through a Swedish forum, and I actually live in Finland. I have a hard time finding information about ex-plantation. But I have a time booked to a surgeon and hopefully my implants will be removed soon. I had my augmentation done two years ago. The first week I could not stop crying and feeling sick. I was in chock and even though I had read a lot beforehand, I was overwhelmed by the result. I had always wanted larger breasts, and I had imagined a dream come true after ten years of craving. Since my operation, I feel heavy, event though I'm small, 56 kg, 160 cm tall. My breasts are hard, it is uncomfortable to sleep on my belly, my back hurts, there are very few bras that fit nicely. I am looking forward to the day when I will not have to feel ashamed of my breasts again. Hopefully the operation will be scheduled in the coming months.
thank you very nice, who and where is your doctor in texas,
Hi Beloved! You look great! I am considering explanation and am wondering who your doc is? I see a few girls have asked, but I dont see his/her name. Would you mind sharing?
Hi there
I enjoyed reading your story. I too had the surgery through the nipple. They are overly sensitive in a more irritating way. I have had my over 500cc for almost 9 years. I want them out bad. I was a 34 B before and had kids do I wanting them perky again. I went way to big for my body Fran and have been unhappy for a long time.
I have been more twards getting them out and not replacing them.
I am a single mom with 7000.00 in debt and can really aford this, I really want to get out of debt!
My uncle has money from my grandmother and has helped me out in the past and I'm thinking about going to my aunt about this because she is part of the family as well and has had implant or has them. I thought she might be more understanding of possibly helping me out.
I have a consult with my original doctor on oct 2. I'm hoping he will be understandable of why I want them out.
Hoping he will give me a good price.
Thanks again for the story.
Yusu
You look great. I am ready to have my implants removed. Can you tell me who your doc is? Thanks
Hi Andee, thank you so. It seems so hard to get through, I hope, if I get through all this, I will be a stronger person and teach my baby (planning a baby in a year time or so) the true meaning of life!! I am going to save this link on my phone and take it everywhere I go!!!
Thank you so much!!!!
Unicorn - I had my explan on April 3rd. When I read your post I thought I was reading my own post. I was so upset when I saw my boobs. I had mine for 15 years and I breast fed my daughter and had horrible wrinkles and stretch marks. I was flat as a surf board and I had one boob that was a little more diformed. I think I cried for a month. I just want to let you know that it does get better. Although I am still not thrilled - they look okay. I started out being a 34AA but now I can almost fill a 34A if it has a little padding. The funny thing is that at first I bought the most padded bra I could find from Victoria's Secret but now I just wear a Natori Feahtes Plunge bra that has no padding and is very sexy. I am exbracing my flat chest and rocking it as is. I actually don't like the padding. It looks weird. They do fluff up but it takes about 4 to 6 months. Give it time. I told myself I would give myself a year and if I still wasn't happy I would reimplant. However, I am beginning to think I just may have some fat transfer an I am liking the small boobs. I just want a little more fullness. So keep the faith. It does get better. Hugs!!!
Hi girls, I have been posting through this website few times, I feel so much better reading all your comments until I look down to se my breast and I start crying!! I had my implants removed a week ago (on the 9th of Aug) and even though I tried to prepare my self for the worse, it didn't help. I feel deformed, I look anorexic. I don't know if it is just me but I don't see any positive thing in them. I had pip implants and one ruptured, I didn't feel anything and they didn't change shape after the rapture. Unfortunately I was happy with the implants but after the pip scandal I definitely didn't want that s**t type of silicone in me (even though I do have some silicone in my lymph nodes). I am going to try massage and ice and see if there will be any improvement. I am so sad, I just keep crying, I am so tired!
Hey girl! First off....BREATH! You have done the best thing for your body. Those were toxic to your health. Secondly you are so early! You need to give it time. How old are you, how long have you had implants, what size were U preop, what size were ur implants, have.u had children, did u need a lift prior to implants? All these things are factors in how you will look. if after 3-6.months you are still unhappy, you have options. You can reimplant with a much smaller.implant and go saline. You can get an external or internal lift. Or you can look into fat transfer. In the mean time, we are all here for you and therapy can help sort out your emotions. :)

Hi Unicorn,

It'd be wonderful if you'd start your story on RealSelf so we can all comment and support you in your own special place on the site. (You can go here to do that).

I found some links to padded swimsuits for your swimming that might help make you feel better for now. Here's one to love my bubbles (great name, eh?) And here's one from Voda.

I don't know if this will help, but I wanted to share a story about a swim instructor my son and daughter had a local public pool recently. She was an older lady who had clearly had a mastectomy on one breast and she wore swim suits without any padding! Yes, it was almost alarming at first when you saw her, but once you realized her strength in just showing her body with no self consciousness whatsoever, you started to think of her as pretty bad*ss.

I hope you can find peace in your breasts as they are, or, like Sgfit mentioned, there are  other options for revision as well.

Thank you so much for all your support!! I check this website every 5 min for comfort! I had my implants in 2005 when I was 28, I was a small A cup and I went to a C cup (a 310cc). I am now 36, no children no weight gain or loss but my breast looks horrible. I know I need time but at the moment I think I need a miracle! I guess I will post my story, sometimes I think I am wining too much. I wish I had all your strength.
You have A LOT on your side. Still young, no kids, not a large implant. You need to give it a few months. In the mean time, pad up :)
You look amazing. I get mine out next week and I can't wait. Thank you for all the pics you posted, it's very helpful. I'm nervous about how they will look afterward.
you look really great! did your doc lift the crease? and did you keep or took out the capsules? thannnnnks
Hi Beloved! I'm 26 years old, have had silicone gel implants for 6 years (in Dec.) and have been wanting them out for years, but it's taken me this long to pull the trigger and begin my research. Your explant surgery looks great and you sound so positive! Do you mind sharing with me who your surgeon was? I have a few in mind, but really want to make sure I go with a doctor who's experienced with breast implant removal, does quality work and actually cares about his/her patients. Many thanks and congratulations and the new (well former) and improved you!
What is the doctor's name? How much did he charge for the explantation? I'm in the area of Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Tennesee, it's all good. Thank you.
What did you wear after the removal. My doctor said I don't have to wear anything special but I want to hear what other people have done. Thanks!!
You look so much slimmer without the implants! looking great :) your last update sounds awesome, i am happy for you and feel inspired to have mine out too!