Terrible Scarring and Numbness Almost Two Years After my "Lunchtime" Procedure

I had the lifestyle lift in Jan 2006 and I am...

I had the lifestyle lift in Jan 2006 and I am still suffering from numbness in both of my jaws, and severe scarring around both ears, front and back. I have had to grow my hair out much longer than I normally wear it and am self-conscious whenever the hair moves from over my ears. I am particularly sensitive during the summer months when I am swimming and the ears are much more visible...so are the SCARS! I contacted the doctor that performed this surgery and they have agreed to attempt to improve the appearance of the scars at no additional cost. I urge all of you that have been unhappy with your results to seek recourse via your indivdual doctors. Most would be happy to attempt to improve the situation. Please post updates here as I would like to hear more about some of the scaring stories. Thanks! CRG

I also had a LSL on July, 2013. My neck and jowls still hang and don't look any better. I am left with numbness around my face and up into my hairline. Also, my cheeks burn, sting, and itch. I filed a complaint with BBB in Utah and with the MN State Attorney's office. Their response to BBB was that I will not get a refund ($13,107) or any compensation. I even sent them pictures of what I now look like. The only thing LSL cares about is getting money from us regardless of the results/damage. I can't even find an attorney that will handle this. One person can't do much, but if we unite, we can hold them responsible for what they did to us. Please bombard the Utah BBB with complaints and contact your state's Attorney General's office and ask them to investigate false and misleading advertising. FL and NY filed a lawsuit and were awarded $300,000 each. I hope all that read this will take action and not let LSL get away with this. Gloria R

I had this done in Feb 2010 and still have bumps on both sides of my face in front of my ears and under my chis from the sutcher knots. No way to hide them. Both cheeks are still numb and the scars have never went away. Now 3 years later all the wrinkles are back and I look older the I did before. I filed a complaint with the Michigan attorney general and have heard nothing. Th AG in florida contacted me and took my deposition for a class action suit, but have not heard from them anymore either. Seems like nobody cares what this company does to men and women or the torture and pain we go through at the hands of a fraudulent company. Now I see Debbie Boone on there commercials, she looks beautiful, wonder what they are paying her to lie for them. If I knew how to get a hold of her I would tell her of this site and then see how she feels about backing this torture chamber. Sincerely, Sassy 7858

I would like to know why the first 3 comments, posted with pictures attached, are POSITIVE, when the vast number of online responses to Lifestyle Lift surgeries are horror stories! Makes me very suspicious: are they posted by LSL employees fraudulently posing as 'satisfied' customers: this company has been successfully prosecuted for doing just that. BUYER BEWARE!!
I had LSL near 3 months ago and doing just great with it. Minimum pain, scarring and my face and neck look great thanks to Dr. Boggas in TN.
From what I see in the photo it looks like you had a mini face lift commonly called an "S" lift. They put these incisions in front and behind the ear and stretch the skin up and cut off the excess and then stitch you together. I have read some of the other responses and I think they had something else done as they say they were awake. You are NOT awake for an S lift as it is actually surgery. I had this done in Dec 2007 and the pain lasted behind my left ear for over 6 months and just slowly went away. My dermatologist did this procedure as he had tried the threads 6 months previous when they first came out but this was also terribly painful and really didn't work out. Wouldn't hold the skin and broke. He offered to do the S life for free with me payng only for the anesthesia. I probably had the whole thing done for just under $7000. I hope you had an MD do this procedure for you as many procedures do not used MD's and to me that is scary. I would never have anybody do anything to my body that is not at least an equivalent to an MD. You only get 1 body and sure don't want it screwed up. I read the one reply above where they said "I think it is great that they are willing to do the corrections for no additional cost." Why sure they will do it at NO COST. You already paid with money and pain and I am sure they do not want to lose their license.
I hope everything goes well for you. I must ask, since you had this done once and it was not as you expected 1-why did you not let the original doctors correct? 2-how did you find the original doctors 3-how did you find the second one--what did they say that let you have them do the procedure again what was different, asking on basis want to know if anyone has found an answer. tried the talk to people, interview ...
It seems that scaring behing the ears is normal for that type of procedure. Do you have any before pictures? I would be interested in that side too...
No, didn't take any before but the doctor has them and won't release them to me. I just had this "re-done" by someone that actually knows what they are doing...and I have ZERO scars after only two weeks of healing in front of my ears......but I did have to pay for another entire...proper procedure! Has anyone gotten folks together for a class action law suit??
Just had my follow up from my scar revision surgery which I chose to have by another surgeon for a full cost procedure. I will post the pictures soon, but let me tell you, I am all for a class action suit after undergoing a proper procedure. There is no comparision regarding what I went through with the Lifestyle lift and a proper procedure. More to follow when the time is right...maybe another few weeks.
Hello, I live in Reston, VA and am concerned as to who might have performed your procedure. Can you please tell me the name of the doctor and if that is not allowed, can you provide his or her address. Thank you so much. Editor note: you must join RealSelf so you can be contacted privately with doctor recommendations and feedback. This requires free registration for an account. When registering you must opt-in to receiving private contacts (a check box).