Teosyal my Nightmare

I am a 47 year old female, I was noticing that...

I am a 47 year old female, I was noticing that under my eyes were starting to look a bit sunken in. I went to see a doctor who suggested I use Teosyal to fill underneath my eyes.

At first I Loved it, it was a big difference but 3 months later one eye looked like I had a black eye, so I went back to the doctor who injected abit more and I looked great.

Its been 11 months now and for the last three months my under eyes look awful. I was hoping by now this would all be out of my system. Under my eyes are all puffy and un even, I look again as though both eyes are black and swollen, I am so upset and I really regret doing this and I hope that I can find a doctor who can help me out of this nightmare.

I wish I did my home work before hand and I hope if you are thinking about this , don't do it, at least under the eyes anyways

Thanks to your invaluable Information, I searched a cosmetic doctor and finally I found one.

I had to search for a doctor because I had my Teosyal injection by a nurse who came here nearly every year to work, who have been working with plastic surgery doctors for very long time. By the time I started to feel my lump, she had gone, she has returned to her country. I did ring her and talked about my lump, but she said none of her clients’ treatments had developed with lumps, so I gave up her irresponsibility.

On Jan 28, I came to consult a cosmetic doctor who examined at my face carefully and said my case is very mild, the lump has tendency to reduce the size, I should wait for a few weeks if it wouldn’t get better, he will introduce me another doctor.

Now my lump is reducing the size, though I still not completely comfortable with it, but I can see it is improving. Why it is improving?

About a month ago when I talked about my problem to my friend, she recommended me to keep whole rice diet absolutely. I did it seriously : eating whole rice meals with sesame seed, drink whole rice cooked water and the result is unbelievable, my skin is getting smoother and the lump has clearly reduced 60%. I know that it is still there, but my family can not see it. Well, no one can understand our bodies than we do.

Conclusion, in my case now, the red has disappeared, the lump is clearly reducing it size, so I guess if it cannot completely go, then I have to wait for a few more months until the life span of Teosyal is terminated. So try whole rice diet. It is a magic in my case.
I had Teosyal in February 2010 around my neonasal folds on both sides and between my eyes on my forehead. I developed hard lumps where I had the injections over a two week period in July 2010. I had had more product under one side of my nose(which is quite common) The product not only went hard but fluid gathered around the lumps and one side of my face hung down (similiar to someone that had had a stroke). I went back to the clinic, they were shocked and said that they had never seen it before, they were very good, they sent me to a Teosyal specialist and I had hyralaise injections over two weeks (twice) the lumps were disolved and I am cured, she said that if I had taken steriods when the lumps first started forming they may have disolved themselves. Go back to the clinic that carried out you procedure. Best of luck.

This is great information Paula21, thank you so much for sharing it!!

It is very kind of you to share with us this great information. Thank you so much.
Thanks for your sharing experience. I had Teosyal injected into my nose on Oct 20th 2011, It scared me so much that I cried a lot and I went to the Skin Hospital on November 14, the doctor gave me anti-biotic Doxycycline 100mg for 2 months, after 6 weeks, this stubborn lump was still there. I stopped at the 6th week. Now my right cheek is getting bigger as the left cheek, these two pillowed cheeks made my jaw lines appear, I didn’t have them before.

The worst thing is that the lumps made the skin wrinkle on themselves and it made us look much older and ugly. One more thing I would like to mention here is that Teosyal gets melted when it gets heated. As I am a mum of 3 children and have to cook a lot everyday, especially when I fried chicken or spring rolls, on that evening when I washed my face I saw very clearly it was leaking down on my cheeks. My two pillow cheeks now changed my look, very ugly. I don’t know we have to suffer until when? And will the lumps go away?
The more I suffer, the more I feel deep sympathy for those who are suffering like me and my prayers towards them whishing all of us strength and courage to accept the fate.
It has been almost 2 years now and I still have hard lumps around my mouth and on my right jawline that are quite visible. I will never let anyone get near me with Teosyal again and it should be taken off the market. Terrible stuff. Mine was fine for the first 3 months and then the problems started. I have a hard scarlike line in my neonasal folds that are blueish red and are infected and won't heal. I am constantly having to squeeze pus out and my night cream has been antibiotic ointment since this all started and it started breaking open. I also have a long lump to the left of my upper nose that is also infected and it won't heal completely although it is better than it was. All my injections were done by a highly credible plastic surgeon who says he has never seen this before. I have no idea what to do but I would like to sue the makers of Teosyal. I have to use cover stick just to go out in public and look normal! It is just horrible.
I had Teosyal injected into my nose on Oct 20 2011. Started from the second week, it was leaking down on my left cheek made a big red lump, it was itchy and it made my face imbalanced.It is now leaking down onto the right cheek, making my face horrible. It made me 10 years older than before and I look very sick and dispirited. I went to see Dermatologue, but they couldn't do anything, they just felt sorry for me. I don't know what to do now.
hows everything going? has the lumps gone now?
I had Teosyal on 18/02/10 and about 4 weeks agao hard lumps developed. I had the filler put in three place (either side of my mouth and in the middle of my forhead between my eyebrows. Each place has gone hard my forehead has a protruding cornet. I look terrible and feel worst. Can anyone advise me if they have experienced these problems, can the filler be removed and or will the still disapear.
Alicia, Sounds like the doctor put in too much. The doctor and the skill with injections is SO important!!! It will go away and diminish with time.
I just do injection on the lower park of my eye by skin doctor, he use Teosyal First Lines. He told me i will look great after the treatment, but now my eye look like have a big eye bag below, i look more older then my age now. My age is 35 but after the treatment i look like 38yrs. I really regret. Just want to know do anyone can help me to recover this problem.
Sorry to hear of your problems with Teosyal. Maybe it was the fault of the person doing your injections. I have been going to a plastic surgeon and have been very happy with my results. I do have a few under the skin lumps but they are not visible and have caused no problems. I believe these are not from teosyal but are from artecoll as I have had a combination of both. My last series was 1 vial of artecoll and 2 vials of teosyall in Jan 2009. It is now nearly one year and I am considering going back again for a touch-up. I am 66 years old and people think I am in my mid 50's or younger. I bruise quite a lot and it takes about 2-3 wks for it all to go away but the results are worth it. I use Emla topical anaesthetic that I buy at the drug store and I feel no discomfort even on my upper lip and my lips. I think it is worth it to go to a plastic surgeon for this type of treatment.
Teosyal lasted in my nasolabial folds for over one year. I'm not yet ready for more. I had my last injections of Teosyal "Kiss" (lips) in Aug. 2008. It's still there, but I expect I'll need more by Aug. 2009. I'm living in the US now. Teosyal is not available here, sadly. I'll go back to using Juvederm. It's fine, but it doesn't last as long as the Teosyal does.
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the product. I wonder if under-the-eye injections work well, and maybe that is the problem, rather than the product. I don't think they last long, with any product, from what I have heard. Also, it's a delicate area to inject. I've had great success with Teosyal in the lines around the mouth and nose, and Teosyal "Kiss" for the lips is quite good.
SPIRIT, write please, ho long time did your teosyal stay in nasolabial wrinkles. Thank you)