Absolutely HORRENDOUS PAIN! - Franklin, TN

It was beyond awful. LSL advertises you will be...

It was beyond awful. LSL advertises you will be there a little over an hour. I was there for over 7 hours, but did have eyes done as well as chin. Even so, 7 hours seems ridiculous. They didn't warn me about any of the bad sides of having this surgery; just how I was going to look afterwards. (At least my double chin is gone, but have a hole in it that wasn't there before.)

The never said how many Months it would take for the pain to subside, because they never mentioned any pain. Of course, I knew there would be some pain, but never DREAMED in my wildest NIGHTMARES that it would be so bad. I was litrally pounding the inside of the car door with my first on the way home, after the surgery, the pain was so intense, and I have lived with chronic pain since I was 11 years old.

The cost for all of this was more than had it been done by a regular plastic surgeon.

My left eye was the only one that needed some attention, but they insisted on doing both, upper and lower. The Right eye bled all night until I got back to LSL the next morning, as it needed 3 more stitches. You would think the doctor would have known there were not enough stitches. Plus, I have a permanet kind of hole in my chin, that the doctor explained is from tendons or something separating.

BIGGEST complaint is that my left eye, where the skin under the brow had sagged down over the eyelid, is not EXACTLY the same way again, maybe 6 months later, yet they REFUSE to credit the price of the eyes! That is over a $4,000 charge for literally NO results! They definitely want your money.

They won't even allow people who have had surgergy and are still looking pretty bad, in the main lobby. We all had to go to a little room around the back, where they 'claim' it was more convenient to see us. Yeah, right. When you see my photos, would YOU go ahead and sign up? I think NOT. Neither would I!!

Dr. Bogges

How many people have to suffer before they CLOSE THESE PEOPLE DOWN FOR GOOD???????????????????????????
That surgery was one of my big mistakes......

I am sorry you had it happen to you too.
It takes about 6 to 8 weeks for it to sink in that you do not look different.That the scars will still be there and the money you spent was not worth it.Your ears will still be attached to your face,the skin under your chin still hangs.
They should tell the real truth on their commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND THEY DON'T VET AND TRAIN THEIR DOCTORS EITHER!!!!!
They should tell people to take arnica a week before and after surgery. It helps with the bruising and swelling. I'm two weeks post-lift and have only a little bruising left on my neck. I too have upper and lower lid surgery. You look miserable - so sorry.

Now that it's been about five months, how do you look and feel now? Even through these photos I can see you are a pretty woman. Would like to see a picture of how it looks now.
I had my surgery in 2005 .

The scars are very prominent and the hematoma's

are actually getting worse each year....even though I wear 30 block with titanium oxide on them.
sorry I posted this in the wrong thread.
You are at least 4 months post op. Please post your experience today. You looked awful at 10 days, but so did I. I am still in pain at 6 months but the bruising and all that other freaky looking stuff has disappeared; still the pain and pulling sensation remain. My eyes and brows have gone back to pre-surgery appearance but, heck, I can close my eyes (after 4 surgeries!!). Please let us know how you are doing. Hopefully, the early stuff has passed, but we wonder how you are doing at this point. Best wishes to you.
That is absolutely shameful. How can a man call himself a surgeon when his patients walk out of his office looking like that? I hope after all the healing took place you were satisfied. Please show us before and after pictures when all the bruising goes away.
I literally just did a random Google sear because I was interested in the cost after just having seen an ad on tv.

Wow, I am so sorry for the pain you've had to endure. I am sure you are a beautiful person inside and out, and most def not an idiot!! Sending a prayer your way...(Dear God, you know that random lady from Tennessee whose profile I just clicked on? Might you be able to send some comfort her way? Thanks, Boss, love, Susie)

Sorry if this seems awkward or hackneyed, but I was simply moved by your account. Have a terrific day!
Dear Not an idiot,

We won't let you call yourself that! We all were duped, by horrible unscrupulous people who operate a sinister business. I too went to the Franklin office and bogis was there then. atiyah did my botched job and is no longer there. He had lost his license in IL for disfiguring a woman with a laser and causing her to have a second procedure. He was also disciplined in '09 for Narcotics but still had his license. THEY said they didn't think that would keep him from being a good Dr. for them. So much for the very best.

Take care,
we're all in the same boat...

2trusting
I'm so sorry & really hope you heal well. That looks like it could become an infection, not covered, etc.
Please see someone else, even your internist for wound care
Hi MisInformed, (not idiot) how are you doing now... I do hope that you are feeling better and are on the mend. Please let us know how you are doing and if you have healed up from your LSL. Best, Chrystal
I am horrified by what happened to you

what I find amazing is that this "standard"
lift procedure they do has so many different types of

post op results/disasters.

what these "doctors" take a 2 day weekend course
and then are let loose on us?
Funny you say that... and I will point out out that this is all 2nd hand information, that doctors are sent pamphlets in the mail that offers 2 day seminars on procedures and then they are certified to operate as "plastic surgeons". Really Scary.

I'm really sorry to hear what you've been going through but Chrystal is right: please don't call yourself an "idiot". Millions of people put their faith in doctors every day, and sometimes things don't turn out right but it is absolutely NOT your fault.

How are you doing now, healing-wise? I hope everything turns out okay. *hugs*

Franklin Tn...I hope you contact the Florida Attorney General's office, Gregory Jackson Phone #904-348-2720 He is helping and has an investigation on going....You do not have to be from Florida..I referred another person there and she just emailed me she got her money back but had to sign a release to LSL...Call now!!!! Keep in touch and let us know what happens..You can email me at bjgawle@aol.com
Dear "I", I am so very sorry for you. You look horrible. How long has it been since you had the surgery and how are you looking now. I had the same kind of thing happen to me but you look a lot worse that I did. My eyes did not turn out right either. Did you pay for this with cash or care credit? If you used care credit I would keep every conversation and phone call record so you will at least have some kind of backup. Did you sign the care credit slip? A few women have found that they did not sign the paperwork required and got a refund that way. I do hope that you will keep after LSL, you ARE NOT ALONE. Do not refer to yourself as an idiot. Call yourself "informed too late". There are too many of us for you to refer to yourself in a derogatory manner. You are not the one at fault here. You trusted what you were told. This has been my main complaint with LSL all along -- Lack of Information! Plus the fact that when something does go wrong they have the audacity to point their long pointy fingers at us, the client! Somewhere along the lines of professionalism which is suppose to happen between doctor and patient, LSL has imposed its own special brand of "Style". I hope that you are feeling better now and find some solace in knowing that there are lots of us that have rode in the same boat! Best, Chrystal Eckes.