TT Pain - Regretting It So Far

I am absolutely miserable. I had my TT on July...

I am absolutely miserable. I had my TT on July 13th and the pain from the incision and tightening of the muscles are nothing compared to the lower back pain I am having because I am not standing up straight yet. When will this end?

I am at this point regretting the TT but its still early in recovery and I am hoping this will go away. I am crying alot. Has anyone else gone through this and if you have how long before you felt better. My PS had to give me flexaril because of the bad lower back spasms.

Please someone tell me this will go away!!

I am extremely happy with my results, I am still...

I am extremely happy with my results, I am still not standing straight and I am having wound issues but that is all my fault I did not stop smoking prior to surgery even though I was told to. Of course I am going to have scar revision once my wound is healed.

Temecula Plastic Surgeon

He is an excellent doctor he is attentive to the patients concerns and questions. I would never see another doctor even for a consult if I decide to have anything else done!

Hi I am planning on getting a tummy tuck. I live by temecula and noticed you used one of the doctors here. His price seems good, did it include any lipo. I dont see any pics do you have any. Was your scar placement where you thought, worried about it being too high. Thanks joann
Hi i had TTT surgery also known as Elmsi trillot or something like that..it's been about 3 months since my surgey but the swelling has not gone down nor the pain... My back is killing me does this surgery affect you back???Please help
Judith0873:I am serious considering having a TT, I live near you could you please tell me where you had your TT done Wendy 2581
I seen dr wongworawot I highly recommend him, the office staff is great he is great very easy to talk to a very humble doctor he is a perfectionist I seriously had to assure him it was ok my scars were not going to be exactly symmetrical on both sides. He was seriously taking a lot of time to make sure he got them as close as possible really he is good and fairly inexpensive
Just an update I am doing great I do not regret the TT at all, still not standing up straight and I am almost 3 weeks post op but Ash1979 gave me great advice I am going to follow. I also wish I could go back and give my PS more props he deserves them. He is the greatest doctor I have ever dealt with he assured me he will make sure that when my wound heals I will not even be able to tell it was ever a wound there. He listens to me and is very attentive to my concerns and needs.Even though the wound issue is my fault because he did warn me to quit smoking he is not critical of me he treats me with respect and dignity.

Judith--Congratulations on quitting smoking! That's great! You're going to look fabulous and be so much healthier, too! How's your back now? Are you feeling better?

I am now on day 17 no smoking I am so proud of myself this is the longest I have ever been without a smoke in the 22 years I have been smoking, I will never pick up that habit again when I feel the urge I will start doing something to take my mind off the urge. I think everything happens for a reason that is why I am having healing and wound problems because I needed to stop smoking and I would not do that until something drastic happened and I thank God that it was just a wound and not lung cancer. I am very thankful to him for that. I am also very thankful for this website thank you ladies for sharing your stories.
Here is a fabulous tip for alleviating the back pain- and makes it easier to stand up straight sooner. Sit on the edge of a chair or sofa, pull your shoulders back as far as they will go, sit up as straight as you can, drop your knees a bit and stand up pulling your shoulders back!!!!! Its helps! Trust me-my ps taught me this on day 3! Also, I used a hot water bottle(2) behind my upper and lower back for hours at night. It gets better!
Thank you so much for the tip because I am 3 weeks post op and still not standing up straight. One reason is because I am having wound issues and I think I will split it open or something crazy my PS said I won't but its just the thought of it but I am going to start trying your tip in the morning and hopefully I will be upright within the week. Thank you again
OK an update I'm not regretting it anymore, pain has eased up but I do have a little problem with the wound, yes I thought I was smarter than my PS when he told me to quit smoking well I just cut down yeah that doesnt work so now I am looking at 2-3 months healing time on the wound, so the only thing I am regretting is that I did not quit smoking. But I am smoke free now since July 12th the night before my surgery and will not pick that habit up again ever.
Hello i'm sorry for your pain but i went though the same thing, i only had pain from my lower back no other pain and i couldn't stand up straight for about 2 1/2 weeks until i started wearing a in one compression girdle, that got me standing straight and took all the pain from my back, it was sooo worth all the pain. WILL DO IT AGAIN! Be patient, GOOD LUCK!
Try to hang in there ... It takes about 3 weeks until you feel "back to normal". You then be able to stand straight without pain. The results were soo worth it to me.
I'm at day 25, and I am no longer experiencing the pain you describe. Before day 13 it was severe pain all the time, much worse than I've ever experienced including c-section. A cough or sneeze was excrutiating. At about day 12 or 13 I started feeling much better. At day 23 (very recently) I am almost starting to feel normal...most of the time. Nights are still hard. Last night I tossed and turned. More itching than pain. The excruiting days are over, and the tender days are ahead. Give it time. Continue to take pain meds so you are not suffering. One day soon you will wake up and realize you are just fine. You are very close to that...any day now. Be sure you are staying in bed with your feet up rather than rushing around. Hang in there!
It will go away I had my surgery May 27th and I remember the first week was hard and it gets better. I am actually back in the gym LA Fitness in Temecula. Hang in there and you will be happy with the results.

So you are local what doc did you use? I am so so satisfied with Dr. W he is so awesome. I am now having some wound issues because I was a smoker. He told me to stop smoking but oh I thought I was smarter than him just kidding it is really a hard thing to give up. I am now smoke free 10 days and counting and I will never ever pick that nasty habit back up again,and when I am healed maybe I will see you in the gym sometime because I am definately loving this new body and want to keep it this way.

I went to California Surgical Institute and Dr. Payam Jarrahnejad is great. I am very happy with the results and getting back in the gym makes me feel better. I will see you at the gym and take care.
I had my surgery on the 16th and I'm in the WTF stage as well. I cried in the beginning of the week- now I just hang on and wait for the days to pass so I can feel better. My back is so sore, I don't want anyone to touch it and I hardly sleep because I cannot feel comfortable. I think one more week and then I should feel I am recovering. We just need to hang on a few more days!
Oh hang in there! It is hard but I promise it will get better. The first week is the worst and then it will ease up after that. It takes a long time for the pain and swelling to go down. Not to mention your back pain! It will be totally worth it in the end..promise :) All of these things you are feeling are totally normal and part of the process. You just had a major abdominal surgery and need time to heal. Eat good protein because this helps the healing process. Stay on top of your pain meds and rest all you can. The pulling and tightness will ease up. I remember that being the worst part for me also. I cried the entire second week after my surgery...normal! I even cried at a Purina Puppy Chow Ad on TV....now that thought should make you laugh. Stay positive and know you will be glad you did this in the end.