Rhinoplasty - Finally Deciding to Go for It - Temecula, CA

So, as many of the others have stated, I've hated...

So, as many of the others have stated, I've hated my nose since I was about 10 years old and it started to define itself. I am incredibly self conscious while talking face to face with people, and hate having people to my side where they can see my profile. I have never been comfortable with people taking photos of me because my nose photographs so so horribly. I've got a very defined and angular face already, and my nose (which I inherited from my dad) is large and has a very bulbous tip.
Rhinoplasty is something I've honestly been thinking about since middle school, and I've begun to think more seriously about it in the past few months (I'm 21 now). I think what has kept me from going for it is being afraid of the stigma of "oh she got a nose job" kinda thing. But that shouldn't matter, I want to do this so that I can for once in my life feel at ease about my appearance and feel more confident when meeting people.
I haven't started the process really, I'm going to call and schedule a consultation tomorrow. I'm going to go with Dr. Balikian in Temecula, CA. He removed a lypoma lump from my temple a few years ago, did a lip injection for my stepmom and I've only heard good things about him for the more invasive surgeries.
Lurking through this website has really made me feel better about going through with the operation, so thank you to everyone who has shared their experience! I feel very certain that this is something I want to do for myself at this point. I will update when things are more set in motion.
Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon

I feel the same way you do. Self conscious of people sitting beside me, afraid they'll see how ugly my nose makes me look from the side.i never took pictures with any of my friends or family because I'm so insecure my nose will ruin the picture. I'm researching for a doctor on here . I have a consultation Tuesday in Michigan . Good luck to you by the way you're beautiful but a nose job will definitely enhance your beauty
Hello, just want to say I think you look lovely but I understand not liking something about your nose and wanting to do something about it. Please take your time and have several consults. Try to find someone who specializes in noses. I think it might be worth consulting Dr. Grigoryants. Check out his website as he has tons of pics. I didn't go with him for my primary because he couldn't show my many pics of crooked noses he had fixed but for certain nose types, he seems to do an amazing job. Try to contact actual patients to share their own personal pics with you! Good luck!

I'm so glad you started your story here! Check out this list of questions to ask at your consultations. And here's what some doctors say about finding the right surgeon for your nose.

I'll be looking forward to your updates! When are you wanting to have your surgery?

Something I've been curious about for a while---will your nose piercing still "work" after the surgery? Since the surgeon will separate the skin from the cartilage, isn't it possible that the hole in the skin and the hole in the cartilage won't line up when the surgeon puts your nose back together?
Good luck with your consultation. It's always a good idea to consult more than one doctor. Pls update us.