Rhynoplasty without osteotomies (patient's request) and upturned nose

The hanging nose problem solved but now i have...

The hanging nose problem solved but now i have upturned and short nose instead.
I mostly regret doing the op to fix my old 'Normal' nose.
I hope the upturnness will go down after swelling or with another op.
I am not very happy right now. I wish i had seen more doctors or simply being happy with my old nose.

UPDATE - 1 MONTH: Not sure if nose is getting...

UPDATE - 1 MONTH: Not sure if nose is getting better or i am getting used to it, but i decided to be more contented with the results. Still not happy with a bit shortness of the nose and having upturned, more feminine tip, also nose looks fat now as it got shorter.

Doctor advice to massage the tip 3 times a day for 2-3 minutes to remove the swelling faster and move the tip down to normal, 90° position, where he claims he fixed it.

Here are some photos of 1 month.

UPDATE - 2 Months: I stopped begin conscious about...

UPDATE - 2 Months: I stopped begin conscious about my nose, not regretting having an OP as the results seem to me quite good. it has been only two month and hope some more good changes are also to come.

Upturned nose is less noticeable and looks straight now, although there is a sensible difference from right and left side of the nose. Here are some new photos for comparison.

Thank you all for supportive comments. Recalling how miserable i felt after the OP, it was a great help.

UPDATE - 3 Months:

UPDATE - 3 Months: I am three month post op and only at this point i can say i am happy with the results - Not regretting doing the OP. Sure, there are things that could have been done a bit different/better, but at the same time, i was aware there is no "perfect nose". My tip could have been hanging a bit low or the profiles from left and right side could have been more similar, but again, i am still happy the way it turned out.

My nose is still a bit swollen (can feel a very minimal pain/stretchiness while touching the side bones), subtle black rings under the eyes are still visible (fading away slowly, Arnika gel helps), yet i do not expect that my nose will change any more. So, this is one of the last updates for me on this webpage. PHOTOS ARE ATTACHED.

Thank you all for encouraging comments and your support. It helped a lot during difficult post-op time. My example shows that time cures everything, that nose does need some months to show it's real shape, drop a bit and fit your face. Most probably, no matter how good the nose is, it is always difficult at the beginning to accept the changes. quite often things are much better than we perceive it right after the operation :)

11 MONTHS

It has been 11 months since my OP. I can say with confidence that my tip dropped a bit and although not exactly where i wanted it to be, still quite acceptable. My doc (who i consider to be excellent) advises to wait a bit. I would say i am happy with results, although still consider the revised OP as nose still looks bulky and fat due to the fact that bones were not touched during the OP as per my request.

So here are some photos of the current condition.

UPDATE: 15 Months

15 months have passed after the op and I can say now that I am pretty much contended with the result. I do realize that if I had listened to the surgeon the result would have been excellent instead of "just normal". As I did not want to go through long recovery, I insisted on the op without osteotomies (braking and narrowing the nose bone), as a result doctor had to maintain high angle of nose that ended up with slightly upturn nose. Unsurprisingly nose is also quite wide.

During my last visit we compared the photos of 9 month postop and 15 months postop, it is obvious swelling has decreased significantly within this time and nose got a bit slender look. I hope processes are not yet over and narrowing will continue as swelling decreases.

Lastly, we talked about another op to correct the issues mentioned above. My doctor, just like people here, does not approve revision op, but considers it is up to me to decide. Narrowing the bone structure, as he explained can be done without major intervention into the shape of the nose, while bringing the tip down would require a lot more.

Currently I see a revision as a far theoretical option and do not so far plan to do anything about it before the swelling is 100% gone. Then, I will think...

Here are 15 month postop pics.

15 month photos

15 months postop

You look perfect! You shouldn't get a second operation
Consider yourself lucky. Your nose turned out great. It was a smart thing of you not to bring the nasal bones inward. You want to keep the nice masculine/handsome width you have. Its a sexy feature in my opinion. Also bringing in the nasal bones changes the way your eyes look. They will look further apart, rounded and hollow. I know this from experience. I had mine brought in and narrowed and it made me look like a completely different person. It ruined everything that I did like about my face. Now I am living in unbearable regret and depression! Just thought I would share my experience. I wish you well with whatever you decide to do.
You look gorgeous ... do not get another operation.
This is a very good rhinoplasty. Do not get another operation.
Sorry but you will make a huge mistake if you do second operation.. your nose is very very very good and what is more it is absolutely suitbale for your face.. trust me you do not need another operation.. you look great !!
hi there. im sorry but i am shocked that you are thinking of doing another surgery..you look stunning!its not like just good..its one of best works i have seen..you look incredible..I wish i looked like that:)..even thou my doc did a good job only 7 weeks ago.its still so swollen(or just big)in the typ area and even crooked a bit to the right.
The crooking and swelling will go away, do not worry about that. It just takes months, many months. As for another surgery for my nose, i am still hesitating...
thanks a lot!i'm now 4 months after and it's still big..i will wait until 1 year and be patient:)...please,don't do another surgery you are very good looking ,if you talk to your doctor say hi from mi,im a fan of that surgeon:)btw..in case i need revision i'd like to know who's your doc:)
Swelling does take time. I visited my doctor 9 months after the op with a thought that all processes were over. He took photos of my progress. I visited him again just two days ago, exactly 1 year after the op and he again took the photos. He compared the photos of 9 month after and 1 year after and i could not believe how much swelling decreased between 9 and 12 months. As for my revision, i talked with surgeon and he thinks it is a bad idea. I try not to think about it as i do not have neither time nor rest of the circumstances right now. As for your revision, I do hope it will not be necessary. Just give it a time and do not make any premature conclusions. Good luck to you and your new nose :)
I think your new nose looks great on you and you look extremely handsome.
Hey thanks for sharing. I saw your before pic and it seems we have the same profile. I'd love to see some more before pics preferably of the front view if you feel up for it. I have a deviated septum but am thinking of having cosmetic work done as well. Looks good by the way. Sick beard too.
Thnx. I will try to update it soon. Will have to visit doc for last check/up first :)
Just viewed your pics & think your new nose is suitable. I do notice a different profile to the left & right side. But, they both look great! However, the most important thing is for you to be happy! Best wishes!!!
Thank you for wise words.
I still think you look great! Also glad to see that you updated! Keep us posted if you have a revision. I think it looks natural and fit you great! Sexy as ever ;)
Thnx for kind words. I will have to visit doc soon and update will follow :)
Hey just checking in on you. How are things coming along?
beautiful
Very handsome!
I love your results plus it takes a year to see real results. Hang in there!
sorry, but at just 3 months post op, i garentee you your nose will change HEAPS in the future. Mine stayed the same for the first 6 months, and then very gradually it started to change. and now I am 10 months post op, and it changes noticably (for the better) every week... it is very exciting!
I am glad to hear your results are imporving week after week. Probably you are right, changes will continue in my case too, yet i do not feel anything changing so far, just had a feeling it is all over and the final result is pretty much visible (that is very, very satisfactory to me).
I didnt have any changes in my nose until 6 months post op, it is very despressing and disheartening so I know how you feel... feeling like there will never be any changes! but just hang in there, i promise it will change SOOOO much... even all of the doctors in the Q & A section of this website say that the nose takes a full 9-12 months to change! hang in there!
Thnx Katherine for your supportive comments. I very much appreciate it. it might be case, that i have not expressed myself clear enough. I am HAPPY with results and the changes you mention did happen during first three months from terrible to very good. Yet, if the changes will continue and make nose "perfect" i will be very happy, but that is not a necessity as i am contented with results. Congrats that your transformation is finally done. That must be a great feeling to see the final result after certain months.