First Full Laser Removal - United Kingdom, GB

Ok i had a tattoo done 3 weeks ago and regretted...

Ok i had a tattoo done 3 weeks ago and regretted it almost straight away. I have gone through every emotion since having it and now I think it's embarrassment I'm left with. I wanted to get the removal process underway as soon as I could, and have sleeked various people's opinions on this. Some have said 8 wks other have said if skin is healed straight away. I'm starting ASAP as I healed really quickly and in my mind the quicker I start the less chance I'm giving the ink to really settle in. I've had a patch test a week ago. It was an uncomfortable procedure a lot more painful than the tattoo was, but bearable. I've looked into a few removals available in the UK, and I would of like to try Picosure but financially couldn't afford it???? so I am going in for Q Switch which I have heard works just as well just takes longer! So my first session is on Saturday so I will keep u guys posted.x

Be sure you get what you ask for!

This is what I went into the tattooist for and came out with my biggest regret????

Straight after first session

Ok had my first full session today and all went well. Would be lying if I said it wasn't painful but it was bearable. Just have to wait now to see how the tattoo will change if at all after first session:-)

Hey there, checking in to see how you healed from your 1st session and to see when you are going for your 2nd. Hope you are enjoying the Holiday Season :)
hey! What Q-swich laser is your clinic using? When will be the update? ;)
Hey, I know EXACTLY what you are feeling right now. So funny I went in to get my tattoo the same pic as yours almost and also was told he wouldn't do them that small. Again I felt like he was the professional and trust him and now I blimmin hate it! Incredibly frustrated with myself for being so lame and not standing up for myself even when he put the template on and I said they were too big still, he said he wouldn't make them smaller :( Like you I also knew for ages what I wanted but came out with something I hate. Look forward to seeing how this goes and wish you loads of luck with the removal. Chin up hun x
Thank you:-) I know right because I don't know about u, but I've been told so many different things. Last week I was told that the blue will probably not shift where as today was told the blue was not a problem it might be the orange!! So we will just have to wait and see. Can't have another treatment for 10 weeks as tattoo is so new so hopefully will see a difference in it before next session:-)
I really hope you are able to remove the whole thing, but a little bit of colour is definitely better than having the the full tattoo, right? Red and black are supposedly the easiest to remove, but you'll be amazed at what lasers are capable of today. Look forward to your update. :-)
Looking good :). Keep us updated with your healing! It will be interesting to see which colours react the best.
The ink isn't settling the longer you leave it in there. It's in there. The longer you leave it, the more will be rejected naturally. All tattoos fade and tattoo artists put in way more ink than the skin can handle at first because a certain amount of it will be rejected immediately. That's why you wait. Because, otherwise, the first couple sessions will just remove ink that would get rejected on its own during the first few weeks anyway.
Ah that's interesting no one has explained it like that its all been about condition of skin!

Interesting point whatwhatkumquat, never thought of it that way.... hmmmm. My question is though, doesn't that extra ink come off during the healing process?

Oh....I can understand your reaction, that is different, but not bad, just bigger with color...awe, it will all be ok ;)  Do you mind if I asked what happened, did he just suggest the change?

I had a consultation with one person she drew it up she told me it had to be shrunk, tattooist said it couldn't so I listened to the professional:-( this is all my stupid fault I just can't explain I got all anxious had sat waiting for 2hrs past my app and just wanted my tattoo that I've waited 2 years for and just bit the bullet and went with what he advised!

You know what, things happen so don't be so hard on yourself. Why wouldn't you listen to the professional, that is their job. We have all been there, and you certainly should not feel bad for how things turned out, gosh if we could predict the outcome of every thing we did in our life then everything would turn out perfectly...wouldn't it...that is not the way life happens, you take the good with the bad and you keep moving forward.

I know, thank you so much for your kind words! It has been such a relief to find this site, I can not tell you how much the support has helped! I wasn't in such a great place over this tattoo which really surprised me but to know I'm not alone as been made this whole journey begin to be bearable.x
Hey. good luck on Saturday, i had my second session with a Q switch laser 4 days ago, and it's working really well for me :)
Thank you, just keen to get it started now!
Ahhh and your not being charged 600 a session right ? That tattoo should be 50-100 dollars the most each zap
No I'm not paying $600, my sessions are £60 each but it wouldn't let me put pounds in!
I gotta ask hat made you want it? And regret it so quick. I mean it's not a horrible tattoo, there just not for you?
I waited 2 years to get this tattoo and went in to the tattooist knowing exactly what I wanted only didn't walk out with what I wanted! I had a consultation in the morning showed the picture and where I wanted tattoo, paid for it up front so I didn't chicken out (as I've had a bad experience with a tattoo before!!!) went back that afternoon for tattoo and she showed me what she had drawn up it looked pretty! 45 mins later still not gone in for my app I'm getting nervous and agitated so I ask if I can look at the tattoo again so I can place it on my wrist to see which way I wanted it to face and she told me no as this one is to big it needs shrinking down to fit where I wanted it, so I said ok and continued to wait! More and more piercing kept coming in so they just kept taking them and I continued to wait, 2hrs later I finally got in the chair. My nerves where shot to bits by this point and I was greeted by the most miserablist scary man I've ever seen. I was his last app of a very long day and he made me know this. He told me I couldn't have the tatto where I wanted it as it was to big and said I had to have it up the inside of my arm, I said no showed him the pic of what I wanted and explained that the lady said it had to be shrunk he said it couldn't and said it would look nice where it is now. I tried to ask for more advice to get the response 'don't ever ask for advice it's your choice!' By which point I was just like get it over with. I can't explain where my brain was at I've asked myself a million times that's why I get so angry and upset with myself! I went in knowing exactly what I wanted and came out with the complete opposite:-( The birds look like bloody sea guls it just doesn't flow how it should! I will post what I wanted to see if this helps:-(
Ah thats too bad.its true a lot of people think you can do tiny tattoos for anything in reality you can't in 10 years that girls words and birds will look like black blobs as the ink spreads out over time.but next odon't do anything you don't want.:)

Don't be embarrassed at all, the tattoo is actually really cute but if it's not for you then it's not for you...right ;)  You definitely found the right place to share your feelings about this, we have a wonderful group of supportive people who are very open to chatting and supporting eachother, you are not alone in this. Removal, as you have probably already read, is a long process, stay strong and know it's just a tattoo and before you know it a year will pass and your tattoo will be fading away. Keep us posted with you progress.

Thank you.x