Vaser- Unexpected Recovery - Tampa, FL

I just had vaser done 6 days ago. I went in for a...

I just had vaser done 6 days ago. I went in for a consultation for smartlipo, but the dr decided to do vaser instead. i thought i read that vaser had less swelling/bruising but after surgery i have found dr's who say the opposite. I was under the impression that most people go back to work 2-3 days post op. I know everyone heals differnt but , i think that just seems like such a stretch. I took off 3 days plus the holiday weekend, which gave me 6 1/2 days to recovery enough to work all day, so i thought i planned it well.

Boy was i wrong!Day 4 & 5 was horrible! I couldnt sit stand or lie down without weeping or moaning. I can honestly say it has been the worse pain i have ever felt in my life. And i have massive migraines on a monthly basis since i was 18, so i consider myself to have a decent tolerence for pain. I also had the shakes uncontrolably at times where i felt at any moment i could pass out.The garment was so uncomfortable. I became almost lathargic at times. I took my temp & it was 101.2. I called the nurse.she said she didnt think it was an infection & maybe my garment was too small. she suggested i buy spanx and precribed predisone.My only concern with the spanx is, will this effect my skin tightening?

Well it been alittle over 24 hours since ive started the steroid and changed garments and i can say i am still in pain but i can certainly feel a difference andi no longer have a fever. although i was supossed to return to work tomorrow and will have to extend my time off because i still cant sit nor walk for any decent amount of time. hopefully one more day will do it.

I can say they i do see a big differnce in my love handles which i am very pleased about, but right now my stomach looks worse that before, its thinner but very lumpy & hard,abit saggy, but this was to be expected. time will tell
i plan to keep you posted with updates & pics.

REVISED SURGERY 1/4/12- So as the months went on...

REVISED SURGERY 1/4/12- So as the months went on after my surgery in May, i continnued to see the end result. One flank was noticeably larger then the other, and there were pockets of fat on my stomach & around my belly button. I was thinner, but it was to me, unexpectable. As i stated before, my day '4' picture looked pretty good, but oddly, it continued to get worse? i beleivei follwed a good regimen after as well. I ate healthy, got a membership to a gym nd stayed away from carbonated drinks, and limited breads, pastas, etc.

At my 3 month check up, the dr gave me 3 ultrasound treatments for free to see if that would help even my lumpiness. it didnt help..one bit. So they agreed to do a revision. I was not looking forward to it as my last experience was not the best, but i also didnt wnat to leave my stomach/flanks so uneven, especially when i spent money for the opposite. But this was to be done by the Mmost experience Dr they had. Dr.Robert Miles. He had explained to me that he trains other surgeons on technique for smart lipo/vaser.

To be honest, surgery this time around was 10xs more painful then the 1st time.My husband said he had to walk out of the waiting room because he heard me yell in agony so much. I asked the dr why it was so much more painful & he explained it was going to be bc he had to work through my scar tissue from the previous surgery. I was so releived when it was over!

Which takes me to today 1/7/12, 72 hours after surgery. I can honestly say that this recovery thus far has been much more tolerable. I think what also helps is i have a differnt compression garment that is so much more convienent when it comes to the dressing changes. I would recommend this garment to Anyone getting this surgery. This made me & my husbands life much easier the lat couple of days. Before i would get so lightheaded and nausiated & shake when we would change them, but with this one, i can exactly lie down when he is changng them. Its also very confortable and not think material. I was surprised it was a stage 1 bc the material feels more of a spanx.

This is the one:

Well i wish i had a before picture, but i didnt take one. i will post after pics soon though. Hopefully, i will conntinue to see improvement this time.

3rd time's a charm?

Well, tomorrow morning, i am going in for another revision. i must admit i am very anxious and worried, but looking at the uneveness and divits everyday really affects me on a daily basis... So , i will be having fat grafting done to the stomach tomorrow. Fat is being removed from the uneven areas of the flanks and stomach. I am not sure that this is the right thing to do since i have already been in for a revision and there is going to be so much scar tissue... but the doctor seems to think he can make it look better. Please pray for me. This has GOT to be the last time. p.s. i have been searching for revision photos where patients have had to have fat injected in the stomach due to over agressive lipo, but i cant find ANY. If anybody can send me a linkor picture i would be greatful

Pre Op 2nd Revision