Vaser- Unexpected Recovery - Tampa, FL

I just had vaser done 6 days ago. I went in for a...

I just had vaser done 6 days ago. I went in for a consultation for smartlipo, but the dr decided to do vaser instead. i thought i read that vaser had less swelling/bruising but after surgery i have found dr's who say the opposite. I was under the impression that most people go back to work 2-3 days post op. I know everyone heals differnt but , i think that just seems like such a stretch. I took off 3 days plus the holiday weekend, which gave me 6 1/2 days to recovery enough to work all day, so i thought i planned it well.

Boy was i wrong!Day 4 & 5 was horrible! I couldnt sit stand or lie down without weeping or moaning. I can honestly say it has been the worse pain i have ever felt in my life. And i have massive migraines on a monthly basis since i was 18, so i consider myself to have a decent tolerence for pain. I also had the shakes uncontrolably at times where i felt at any moment i could pass out.The garment was so uncomfortable. I became almost lathargic at times. I took my temp & it was 101.2. I called the nurse.she said she didnt think it was an infection & maybe my garment was too small. she suggested i buy spanx and precribed predisone.My only concern with the spanx is, will this effect my skin tightening?

Well it been alittle over 24 hours since ive started the steroid and changed garments and i can say i am still in pain but i can certainly feel a difference andi no longer have a fever. although i was supossed to return to work tomorrow and will have to extend my time off because i still cant sit nor walk for any decent amount of time. hopefully one more day will do it.

I can say they i do see a big differnce in my love handles which i am very pleased about, but right now my stomach looks worse that before, its thinner but very lumpy & hard,abit saggy, but this was to be expected. time will tell
i plan to keep you posted with updates & pics.

REVISED SURGERY 1/4/12- So as the months went on...

REVISED SURGERY 1/4/12- So as the months went on after my surgery in May, i continnued to see the end result. One flank was noticeably larger then the other, and there were pockets of fat on my stomach & around my belly button. I was thinner, but it was to me, unexpectable. As i stated before, my day '4' picture looked pretty good, but oddly, it continued to get worse? i beleivei follwed a good regimen after as well. I ate healthy, got a membership to a gym nd stayed away from carbonated drinks, and limited breads, pastas, etc.

At my 3 month check up, the dr gave me 3 ultrasound treatments for free to see if that would help even my lumpiness. it didnt help..one bit. So they agreed to do a revision. I was not looking forward to it as my last experience was not the best, but i also didnt wnat to leave my stomach/flanks so uneven, especially when i spent money for the opposite. But this was to be done by the Mmost experience Dr they had. Dr.Robert Miles. He had explained to me that he trains other surgeons on technique for smart lipo/vaser.

To be honest, surgery this time around was 10xs more painful then the 1st time.My husband said he had to walk out of the waiting room because he heard me yell in agony so much. I asked the dr why it was so much more painful & he explained it was going to be bc he had to work through my scar tissue from the previous surgery. I was so releived when it was over!

Which takes me to today 1/7/12, 72 hours after surgery. I can honestly say that this recovery thus far has been much more tolerable. I think what also helps is i have a differnt compression garment that is so much more convienent when it comes to the dressing changes. I would recommend this garment to Anyone getting this surgery. This made me & my husbands life much easier the lat couple of days. Before i would get so lightheaded and nausiated & shake when we would change them, but with this one, i can exactly lie down when he is changng them. Its also very confortable and not think material. I was surprised it was a stage 1 bc the material feels more of a spanx.

This is the one:

Well i wish i had a before picture, but i didnt take one. i will post after pics soon though. Hopefully, i will conntinue to see improvement this time.

3rd time's a charm?

Well, tomorrow morning, i am going in for another revision. i must admit i am very anxious and worried, but looking at the uneveness and divits everyday really affects me on a daily basis... So , i will be having fat grafting done to the stomach tomorrow. Fat is being removed from the uneven areas of the flanks and stomach. I am not sure that this is the right thing to do since i have already been in for a revision and there is going to be so much scar tissue... but the doctor seems to think he can make it look better. Please pray for me. This has GOT to be the last time. p.s. i have been searching for revision photos where patients have had to have fat injected in the stomach due to over agressive lipo, but i cant find ANY. If anybody can send me a linkor picture i would be greatful

Pre Op 2nd Revision

Dr.Robert Miles

KaylaHanna, Thank you for sharing your pictures and your story as I just saw another review of Dr. Miles but no pictures so I was skeptical as to whether the review was authentic. I am so sorry you had to go through all that and all those revisions. I responded last year and clearly must not have seen that individual front view with all the lumpy spots so I apologize if I was not sensitive to what you were talking about as the first group of pictures looked pretty good. I was under full anestheia so no pain during the procedure and I don't remember it being a very difficult recovery either. I assume Dr. Miles is now working at the Body Institute in Tampa now as I was considering getting more lipo and fat transfer to the face but this has me rethinking everything and now I can't believe that I might have to go out of the country to find a good doctor at an affordable price.
hi. how are things going now... how do u look and feel?
Hi Kayla, first of all, I wanted to say how sorry I am that you have had to go through this terrible experience - to have not just one revision, but two must have taken a terrible toll on you, both physically and mentally..! I also had a botched Vaser lipo operation which has caused me no end of complications and basically ruined my life. I am in the process of arranging a revision to fix the mess they made (my first revision and hopefully last) and am absolutely terrified. I can't imagine how you must have felt once you knew you were going for a 2nd revision. You must be very brave indeed! It's great that your husband is proving to be so helpful - that will make such a difference to your recovery. I hope you make a relatively quick recovery (I say relatively as we know that Vaser recovery is all about time - a lot of time - and patience!) and hopefully not too much pain and suffering x x x I just have one question since I am considering a revision and am scared to death as I've heard it's more painful due to all the scar tissue from the original procedure -- can I ask whether you had local anaesthetic or did you go for 'twilight' sedation when you had your the two revisions? Thanks for your help and I wish you the best of luck in your recovery x x x
Hi Scarlett...Thank you for your kind words .I just had local both times .They gave me a valum, but that didnt help one bit. I will be honest, it was very painful. The flank area especially .I dont want to sound discouraging , but I dont want to be dishonest. Its been a couple months and I'm still not pleased..but after the second revision, I don't know that ill ever be . There's only so much that can be done for me at this point. The most important thing is that you find someone who specializes in fixing botched lipo. And you request before and after pic. For me, that's what was difficult. Of coarse most PS will say they can help, they want your business, your money..but if they can't provide any before and after of fixes that you find amazing or have any doubt,then trust your gut and walk away. I wish I had. The honest truth is we are so vulnerable and cost plays a factor too, so we are quick to jump in to first surgeon we can afford. But dont;you'll pay the price both emotionally and physically later. Trust me . I wish you my luck as I am sure there is surgeon that can make you feel like your beautiful again!,As for the pain, its kind of like having a baby. It was painful but if I knew it wil bring me happiness at the end, id do it again in a heheartbeat
Hey there..how are u doing...do you feel any better about this time? Your probably a bit swollen now to see real results...try and keep the faith...I had a revision almost 4 wks ago...that's it for me...still very swollen and sore to massage so I know healing is going on....time will tell...keep us posted...Happy Healing!!
Hi Muffinless! Well just got put of surgery around 2pm today( my surgery got delayed 1 week) A bit swollen is an understatement. I have A LOT of swolleness on my sides and down near and on my butt. My husband agrees that this is the most swollen I've been out of each time I've had to go and get this done.There was quite a bit of pain during at times, but I knew that going in since this is my 2nd revision. He really worked a lot on my flanks/sides to get them evened out , but boy was it sensitive! He also had to do some fat transfering to areas on my stomach.that part didn't really hurt at all but the aftercare and the result is what I'm super nervous about. trying to care for your life of areas and your fat transfer areas are two different things. Kind of difficult when they're in the same areas. But I'm going to keep my head up and hope for a great recovery.are you pleased with your results this far? my prayers are with you as well for a quick recovery.
* typo.should have said 'trying to care for your liposuctioned areas and you're fat transfer areas are two different things
Hey Kayla. I'm 4 wks post op tomorrow. I love my back. That I added. Not a revision. My tummy still looks like crap. But I'm still very swollen. Tender and numb. Time will tell. I just started working out again this wk. really swollen after that. I posted a few pics. Ck em out. Took 3 to 4 month for tummy swelling to go down first time around. So we will c. Keep me updated And speedy recovery to you. Take care. Sharon
Good luck and best wishes!
KaylaHanna - Good luck tomorrow! I can imagine you are very nervous and excited too. I know things will work out in your favor and you will look flawless! I'm saying a prayer for you tonight and will keep you in my thoughts! Please check back in soon with an update! Happy healing!
Thank you AnonyMiss! I feel like I could really use as many prayers as possible. I will certainly update.
You've been on my mind! How are you doing? I read you're really swollen, but are you in more pain than you remember from the first time? I can't wait to see the new you!
I think I may have replied to you in a different post, oops:) Well, the pain during surgery was probably the worst. It was pretty harsh. I think I cried at one point.the first night was pretty difficult as I didn't sleep a wink I was so uncomfortable. the morning getting up was very tough as I expected and remembered. Today will be the second morning after my surgery, and the pain is lessening although it is certainly there. I really think between the constant Arnica applications,taking bromolain and walking on the Gazelle every couple hours is helping me the most. I guess you could say I should be a pro at it this point. Lol I'm going to post pictures that I took 36 hours after surgery.
Ha ha!! I saw your reply in my post! I still got it, but I'm checking up on you here. How are you feeling? You mentioned bromolain? Is that similar to arnica Montana? Your picture looks great!
It's a supplement for bruising and swelling. I think it helps more with the bruising. There are several brands.Mine is called Bruise Fighter 90210. You saw a post op picture? Because i tried uploading days ago and it was giving me trouble.( doing it from mobile) When I go to check the last picture I see is my pre op picture from weeks ago, a day or so before my initially planned revision. ( my surgery was post poned). Am I not looking in the right place? I hit upload like 10 times but it seemed to have never worked cause I couldn't find them after I hit 'post'. I was going to attempt today but if their already on there I don't want to keep posting the same pictures
I can see the one picture you posted after the revision. Funny, when I posted all my pictures, they seemed to post in a chronological order on the top of my post. Hey, do you know of anything that will help with the numbing sensation? I hope that's normal, but man... it's irritating as heck! How are you feeling?
I think the one you're looking at is the picture I posted pre surgery . after the first revision back in January of 2012as I recovered it was very noticable that one side was larger than the other. And there was too much aggression on some areas were too much fat was removed leaving divits , lumpyness and also created like a rippling effect especially on my one side. not that great of a picture to be able to see it all. But anyway yes I'm going to have to try and upload new pictures again. although I do think I will have more even out flanks now, I'm worried that my fat graft is not taking which he said there's no guarantee on how much fat cells actually will live and may need a second graft if it doesn't take :( time will tell. about the numbing I know its so annoying! I don't really have it yet but I know it will come as soon as most my bruising and fluid build up goes away . I remember being numb in certain areas for a really long time. And after a while the numbness went away but does pronounced areas wound up losing a little bit of feeling. Just slightly.not looking forward to that feeling again. Wish I had a remedy for you. How are you coming along?how long has it been?
The picture I see is the pre second revision, you're right. Sorry! Today is day 11. I feel much better today and am noticing small improvment. Still very, very tingly, numb, and hard. I'm not liking this hardness feeling at all. Where did you have the fat graft done and removed from? Should you be doing anything different to keep those cells alive? I can't wait to see the pictures!
Hey girl, good to hear you're feeling better each day. The feelings that you're getting are to be expected and I are probably going to last at least a month or two. once in awhile you may get a slight burning sensation zip through that area but in time it will go away. Massage is going to be your best bet for the hard spots which I believe you started already? Fat was mainly removed from my flanks. The only direction that I got about taking care of the fat grafting area was to make sure I don't wear any pants or tightness around the waist, and was told to wear high wasted spanx ,which is what I'm doing. I was worried the spanx werent going to be compression enough for the liposuction areas but the doctor says he's not worried about compression as much. So it's kind of an awkward situation because the main areas(midsection) where i need the compression I also need the fat cells to live. *sigh.
Hi there!!! You are so right; I am feeling those little zingers like you described. It's not painful, but not pleasant either. I think it's because I'm not expecting it so it's more of a surprise than anything. I have a little hand held massager thingy - hard plastic with four legs and ball shapes for feet. I'm massaging the heck out of the lumpy hard areas. I noticed a fluid pocket in my lower ab area tonight, but am seeing my nurse and getting another massage in two days. How's your recovery coming along? Are you noticing any improvement or changes? I can't wait to know!!!
KaylaHanna, Sorry you had such a difficult experience and so much pain. I had hips and stomach much like yours and had it done in Costa Rica at the same time I had a Facelift in 95 and I had this recovery center for a week after and then was well enough to go on tours and stay at the Grand Hotel and go around everywhere. Just a little black and blue so I'm really sorry to hear as I saw beautiful pictures in the Adora Clinic and I do think you look good....it's hard to see the lumps so has it resolved in the last year? The woman I was with had a much worse time because she was a smoker so PEOPLE BEWARE, TAKE NO SMOKING SERIOUS BEFORE SURGERY. It was nice that Dr. Miles did a follow up at no charge ...you said the recovery was easier but it was unclear if it solved the original problems. I just had a minor bladder surgery and couldn't believe the amount of bleeding and pain in my thighs for three days so I think people need to be aware that with removing so much fat, there is bound to be pain. Hope to hear from you and that things have improved.
I had liposuction 10 weeks ago and I am still experiencing significant swelling to each of the areas that were liposuctioned (i.e., waist, inner and outer thighs, hips, and knees). Worse is that I do not have any positive result that I paid my doctor exceedingly well to receive. My waist isn't smaller nor my any of the other areas that were treated. I did my research on finding the right surgeon but obviously I was not thorough enough in my investigation of the procedures involved nor did my surgeon fully inform my of expected outcomes. To think that I will need to have revision surgery again because this idiot physician did not perform his job well makes me furious. I can only hope that the second surgery will provide the results that I was originally assured could be accomplished.
i'm confused. Susan in Virginia...are you the same Susan below who had it done in Peru or did you go to Adora Clinic? I hope you reply and let us know if things improved after a year. Sorry about your experience. In 1995, I had a facelift and some liposuction in Costa Rica when the doctor was new and I had good results but I did go back the next year to fix where he attached my ears and he did some other complementary procedures. For the unbelievable price, I cannot complain and I would go back to Dr. Lev now but he is the same price as in the States.
where did you have it done? I live in the tampa area and am looking for a good doctor.