Didn't Work - Tampa, FL

Thermage is advertised as a one-time session, to...

Thermage is advertised as a one-time session, to help skin on stomach after pregnancy... well I tried it as I don't want a tummy tuck, but it didn't do anything. No change -- I'm 3 months out... I seriously doubt my stomach will change in the next few months.

The doctors/staff were fine, but told me I would need MULTIPLE treatments to see results. Really??? I highly doubt doing this 2-3 more times would change a thing. And at the cost it isn't worth it at all... it does nothing! And hurts, omg does it hurt! 3 hours of torture for nothing and $900 down the drain. I'm bummed it's marketing is so misleading.

Procedure does nothing, therefore shouldn't be offered.

Well I had Thermage done in April , 8 months ago, and I don't see much of a change at all, if any. The pain was excruciating and it cost me $3,500 to get my abs and the back of my legs done. What a waste of money and time and to go through all that pain for nothing! It was such a ripoff! It was done by the office of Dr. Bill Johnson near Dallas Texas. I contacted them when I was six months out and told them it didn't work. They said the results start showing after six months. Well, it's been 8 and not results here. I want my money back!!!! Also, they only did 500 pulses per area and I read it should have been over 1,000 per area for it to work!
Boy am I glad I saw this. I was thinking of going to that same location because I was interested in my saddlebags. I was told I'd benefit from liposonix but I heard that hurts the same. Anyway, I guess I'll just suffer with cellulite. lol
I dont know, Am I the only person that thinks that expending more than two salaries (in my case), in an unexpecting treatment, to get maybe a slighly unproven improvement is a complete joke? Why the results are not guaranteed?
You have to watch out for these "deals" with Thermage. My friend works for a medical spa and lots of times what they do for clients when they buy these seemingly good packages (for example on lifebooker and groupon) is they don't use the full amount of pulses required for the full effect. For instance I think a tip for Thermage for the body has 1200 pulses(forgive me if i'm incorrect, I'm not a doctor, just making a point). You are supposed to completely use the full amount of pulses on each tip for each client and then throw out the tip. These tips are very expensive so places are using say half the amount of pulses, and then using the other half on another client to save money. the result is a weaker treatment, without the full potential for results. I'm not saying this necessarily happened to you, but I know this happens a lot. I'm always looking for a deal but am weary because I know the inside scoop. Just watch out. And if you had that much laxity and they were a solid institution they should have been upfront with you before you purchased and let you know you would need a series of treatments. I've had one bad experience with restylane and now realize how important the hands of the person administering the procedure is. I hope this helps someone out in the future.
I think this is what happened to me, but I paid $3,500 for abs and back of thighs together. Any doctor who would do this is sick, because the pain is unbearable and the price is high, so why would they not give the right amount of pulses for the patient to have results? All I have to say is, your reap what you sow, and they will have to pay for what they are/aren't doing!
Britt44, who/where was your surgeon and how did you go about finding him/her? Is there a database that you would recommend. I feel like they all have attractive looking websites but don't know how to find the best of the best! After 3 kids my stomach looks very similar to "ruinedbellyfromkids." Did yours look similar before your tummy tuck? If so, was the scar from hip bone to hip bone? I was hoping that they might be able to make a smaller incision/scar if the problem was just excess skin and not extra fat. Then again, I think that my abs separated during pregnancy so they may have to sew them back together during the TT which would probably result in a larger scar :(
I would receommend a tummy tuck to anyone. Had it done a few years ago & I'm still enjoying the results. My recovery was a breeze, but I didn't have alot of internal damage, like "9199" mentioned having. My surgeon placed the scar exactly where my C-section scar had been, well below the bikini line, almost on the pubic bone - never even notice it! Each person's experience with any procedure will differ hugely. I say, go with your instincts. If it's something that causes you alot of grief, fix it - if you can just live with it, that's fine too. And of course, researching the best Board Certified Plastic Surgeon beforehand, if you do decide on cosmetic surgery, is a given.
Like most of the posters here I am fit but I still have loose skin from having children (5' and 95lbs) and I am starting to get the little skin wrinkles around my belly button now! I am a dancer and fitness instructor so it's not an issue with muscle firmness or fat. If anything, I am getting too much exercise because of my profession but the skin is still loose and sagging. Has anyone tried Nu Skin spa treatments? I was thinking of getting this to tighten the skin around my belly button until I can save up for a tummy tuck to get rid of the sagging skin. I would welcome any input. Thanks!
It is now 8 months since my Thermage and nothing has changed, still saggy. I have always been extremely fit as well, I run twice a day, workout, and lean, except for my tummy. I recently was referred to a reputable plastic surgeon in Australia to have reconstructive surgery were I had a breast cancer lump removed ten years ago. My options were to have the minny tummy tuck to use the skin on my breast. Having discussed this with the surgeon, i have decided against it, as it leaves a big smiley face across, your belly from hip to hip,so, as much as i hate the sag, i don't think I want any more scarring, my breast looks relatively normal, as the intital scar is underneath out of sight (just not the same size as the other!) He did, however state that he would never use Thermage because it is not effective. I still toss up between scarring and sag, but I also think the downside in recovery of a tummy tuck is a little off putting. Only u can decide on a tummy tuck, and how it fits into your lifestyle, but I would be reluctant to pay money for Thermage. Good luck
I too had the same loose saggy skin on my tummy after giving birth to a 10 lb, 21 incher, followed by a 9 lb, 19 incher, 20 months later. Whomever sold you the Thermage plan for treatment of your tummy skin was entirely dishonest! Once the skin has been stretched beyond a certain point the only fix is a tummy tuck. I have had thermage on my face and eyes and it worked beautifully for tightening and rejuvenating my facial skin. I was always told the only fix for my tummy would be a tuck. After 21 years of dealing with the unsightly skin on my stomach I finally had the tuck. Not only was the outside visible layer of my skin completely torn, damaged and stretched but the entire core muscles were torn from pubic bone all the way to up between my breasts. The tummy tuck results are remarkable and I NEVER dreamed I could look like this again, especially at age 44! I too am thin and did not have fat to remove, just A LOT of skin. My advice is to save up all of your money that you will waste on the worthless treatments and set your sights on the tummy tuck. I would be remiss not to mention that the tummy tuck was BRUTAL! I understand not everybody has the internal damage that I had but it took a good solid 2 months before I was able to reasonably get around. 6 weeks of it were literally spent in bed the majority of the time. My Dr. told me one month and I would be back to normal. After surgery, the story changed due to the extent or internal damage. Word to the wise, if you had big huge babies please consider that the inner muscle chamber very well can be in the same condition as the outside appearance of your abdomen, therefore plan on much more than a month for full recovery. A year post op, I say, SO WORTH IT! 6 weeks post op, I was crying wondering why the hell did I do this to myself!
9199, I had a tummy tuck and breast lift almost 3 years ago to deal with post-baby body (I'm 5'2", 110 lbs., I was 43 at the time, and had 3 kids). I'm also SO happy I did it, love the results (scars were horrible at first, no big deal now--just faint white lines), but like you, I was also freaked out for many weeks afterwards because healing was so hard. I kept wishing I had never done it. I think people need to know that, be prepared for how hard it will be. I was really scared, thinking I'd never be back to normal.

I'm looking into Thermage for my face--naso-labial folds, jowls, chin/neck. None of it is bad (I'm 46 now), but the sagging and drooping that has started over the past year is making me feel so old! I wish there were some positive stories about face procedures...
I have the same belly as you, ruinedbellyfromkids. I exercise, eat right and do triathlons. But, saggy skin from having my son. I am 5ft and was 110 before having a 8'14" baby, so maybe that ruined my skin. I did Thermage and paid $4700 for a procedure that did nothing! The doctor was an ass too and said I should try it again at a discount. Uh, no thanks! I refuse to have surgery as I have reactions to anesthesia, so I will live with the sag, wear tankinis and one-pieces and just keep my body fit in the other areas. My guy doesn't seem to mind, but I do hate it... I feel your pain.
Thermage is not 'forever'. Results show in 6 mo. and it lasts 12 mo. That is why they have Mommy make overs.

My friend had one and it wasn't great but then went to doc mann in Fla, East side. She looks terriffic! I never would have known she had been over weight. She just looks fab with an '18 yr old' body and she is in her 50's.

They do have a new proceedure out called Exilis, infrared tightens and radio waves melts fat. You can look it up on this site. Much cheaper then Thermage.
Had thermage on upper arms for crepy sagging skin, $3000.00 and 1 year later my arms look EXACTLY the same as they did prior to the treatment. It is an absolute ripoff. I am still trying to find a way to non surgically tighten up the skin on my arms. Thermage should be taken off the market, it is VERY expensive, painful and does NOT do what it is advertised. What a waste of $3000.00!
why dont you ladies go to consumer, because the item does not perform to what they say.

Something does not seem right. First off, Thermage treatment is typically 2,500.00. I've never heard of it costing 900.00 anywhere. Facial treatment is 2,500.00 and takes approx one hour. The tummy would take longer but three hours? At 900.00 only?? Maybe the place wasn't upfront about what treatment they actually provided.

HI Buffalo,

Have you had Thermage?

Thanks,

-Britt

I have a similar tummy after several kids and had the procedure done in Australia at the begining of October 2011. It cost $4000.00 and there is no change what so ever. Highly disappointed and broke.
Have the tummy tuck. it doesnt take near as long to heal as a c-section and it does wonders!

hi Kizmet, I was just ready to do a thermage treatment to my face in Sydney, and it will cost me $3000, I'm just gingerly thinking whether the 3000 make anything changes on my face... How long have u done with the thermage? and it really still nothing to show?

Hi Quinty
I had it done in October and there is still no evidence that it has worked. I remain fit and active, but my belly remains saggy. I am really disappointed, and thinking about getting a mini tummy tuck, which I didn't want to have to do, after having a small portion of my breast removed from cancer, (I just didn't want to have to have surgery again and scarring. But I really would NOT do it, I am in debt now for no good reason.
Wow did it melt the fat and leave hanging skin? Or nothing at all.
This is what I looked like before procedure (from having babies)... the procedure didn't cause the hanging skin... I already had that and was looking for something to help with that. I had little to no fat from exercise/dieting... but the hanging skin is permanent unless I get a tummy tuck. Bottom line, Thermage does nothing -- no damage, but also no benefit

Hi, Oh my lord I was getting ready to have this done here in Tampa! I would really appreciate it if you could email me with you did your procedure so I do NOT go to that facility. {edited} I was considering either ultimate image in clearwater or the tampa laser center.

{by Britt, Please PM user for more info}

Hi ruined,

Oh my I'm so sorry. I can't believe that happened to you. Have you gone to see anyone else, maybe for a second opinion? Sometimes it helps. Are you looking into a different procedure now, instead? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt