11 Weeks PO and finally an update and new AFTER pics! TT, BL, Lipo

I'm 40, 5'7", 168 lbs. and working to...

I'm 40, 5'7", 168 lbs. and working to lose 8 more lbs. before surgery hopefully to be scheduled on 12/9/11. I'm have had one consultation, with Dr. Stanley Castor in Tampa, FL. I have two more scheduled with Dr. Jaime Perez and Dr. Daniel Greenwald, both of Tampa, FL.

I have a decent shape, but always have had a belly. Now of course, after having a child and aging, I have no muscle tone in stomach and the typical "apron". I'm most nervous about the expected scarring of the breast lift. I'm also concerned that I was told in the first consulatation that my very full D cups will go down to mid-C cups. I like my D's! He wouldn't consider a small implant to make up the loss. I'm hoping to get a different answer on next consultation.

I wonder why the doctor wouldn't consider a small implant. It's pretty common to get a lift and implant together.

This is an exciting time for you! Thank you for sharing it with RealSelf and please keep us posted as things progress.

Today I had a consulation with Dr. Jaime Perez. He...

Today I had a consulation with Dr. Jaime Perez. He can do the surgery on 12/8/11, but his cost was a bit higher at $14,100 and he also said no go on the implant at the same time as the breast lift. (Dr. Castor's price was $9,800, btw.) However, he said the implant could be done in a second stage. Apparently, I have Stage 3 Ptosis and it is not recommended to do a lift and an implant at the same time under this circumstance. At least he gave an explanation! And an alternative!

I did like Dr. Perez. He spoke much more about the importance of the liposuction in conjunction with the tummy tuck, and I just got the impression that he views himself as a bit of an artist and each surgery as a chance to sculpt and do the best he can with what he's given. That might sound stupid... but that's the impression I had. Stupid or not, it made me feel confident that he would do good work! I walked away really feeling like he wanted to make me look good. I didn't get that feeling at all with Dr. Castor. It was all very cold and scientific with him. No artistic flair!! LOL, maybe it's Dr. Perez's latino culture. It makes for good bedside manner, as it comes across as very attentive.

I'll upload before pictures next.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Sorry, still no before pics! I did it -- gave Dr....

Sorry, still no before pics! I did it -- gave Dr. Perez my deposit today and scheduled for December 8th! 4 weeks and I'll be on my way!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Surgery is one week from tomorrow, and I'm...

Surgery is one week from tomorrow, and I'm very nervous. Excited, but scared of scars, pain, swelling, not being able to do anything, being out of work so long (tough for a workaholic) and on an on. Spent Thanksgiving weekend "nesting" and preparing to be down. Bought a new recliner/sectional couch and got all the Christmas decorations up.

Before pics taken tonight/tomorrow... and hopefully still brave enough to post them!

Be brave, be brave! :)

Okay... finally... BEFORE pics! With one week to...

Okay... finally... BEFORE pics! With one week to go, I must say I'm sure glad I waited until it was this close to take these pics. I really didn't think it was THAT bad! Some things to note: these are the swimsuits I really wish I could go standup paddleboarding in, so I wanted to do before/after in them. And another: I don't know why I look so crooked in most of the pics! I think I was holding one hand up higher than the other or something!!

Thanks Angela & Pinklipgloss! I'm feeling very nervous and afraid today. Only 3 days to go. Got final medical clearance today after my mammogram/chest xray was forwarded to the doctor and he received the blood work all clear. Now it's just time to tidy up lots of work to prepare to be out. I sure hope 11 days is enough because I have to be back in the office on December 19th! At least for part of the day to do payroll!
All the best, can't wait to see your results :)
your getting so close! I am going December 16th and I am so nervous!!! Lets keep in touch!

Okay - 2 days to go, and feeling so nervous. ...

Okay - 2 days to go, and feeling so nervous. Bought a bunch of "must haves" last night and went through my pre-op notes again. Feeling pretty good. Wondering: How many inches do you typically lose in the waist with lipo/tummy tuck combo? I don't have much of a waist now, with measurements of 38-35-40... hoping to more clearly define the waist area! I guess now I'm just coming up with stuff to obsess over!

I'll be thinking about you on Thursday! Best of luck!
Good luck! You'll do great and I look forward to following your recovery!!!
I had my mommy makeover on December 1. I am feeling great, just resting and doing minimal walking! Good luck to you and I have now learned the pre stressing to this whole procedure is crazy because I feel great and it is so worth every cent paid

Yep - I'm a mess! No more posting until I'm...

Yep - I'm a mess! No more posting until I'm officially "after". Surgery is at 10am, and I hope I'll be able to update by Friday. I have my first post-op appointment at 2pm. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Good luck!!! Looking forward to hearing from you when you are up for it! We will all be thinking of you!!
Good luck tomorrow ClwtrCW! Just check in when you feel up to it! You'll do just fine!
wow our bodies are pretty close.. i'm 5'8 178 decent shape but large belly from 4 babies! I will be having my surgery jan 9th in houston..i'll keep tabs on u and say a prayer tomorrow for you. You'll do great! Anesthesia is very safe...even though i say that I'm a bit scared myself..i know "too"much.. but looking at your pics your gonna look so awesome! I jokingly tell peeps i may become a streaker 3-4 mo postop!
Good luck! try to get some sleep tonight!

Okay, guys...about 5 hours post op (surgery...

Okay, guys...about 5 hours post op (surgery complete at 4:30pm) and so far so good! Highlights best I can do on meds:

1.Pain pills doing their job

2.The girls are riding high and I like it! Can't imagine if I'd gotten the small implant. He was able to preserve max amount of tissue

3. One drain, filling fast. Have collected 180mls since getting home 3hrs ago.

4. Thank goodness for recliners.

5. No idea on tummy situation, guess I'll have an idea tomorrow.

6. I don't know how much fat he lipo'd! I'll ask tomorrow:)

It hurts, but not crazy bad. I've hurt worse for not nearly as good of an outcome :)

More tomorrow,hopefully a pic or two!

Glad to hear that you're ok ClwtrCW! please post pics when you feel up to it!
Good job! sounds like things are going well! congrats!
Congratulations. Get some rest

2 Days post op - I was definitely still riding...

2 Days post op - I was definitely still riding high on drugs Thursday night! The pain is severe, but not unbearable. I'm very uncomfortable due to swelling make the compression garments super tight. Shower allowed tomorrow, so i will get pics then.

Glad that you're doing well!
The shower was really hard for me - I used a camp chair in the shower and my husband stayed in the bathroom while I showered. I also used a fabric belt that I could pin my drains on. I also kept a regular chair that I could sit on while I dried my hair and did my make up.

Technically it's Day 4 Post Op, but so early in...

Technically it's Day 4 Post Op, but so early in the morning.. more like Day 3.5! The pain from the incision is nothing compared to the pain from the swelling that results in compression restriction that I imagine could rival waterboarding.

Finally took a shower yesterday and had to put on a Spanx under the compression garment. So now, my sausage casing is made of: compression tights, Spanx, main compression garment, super tight compression athletic bra (Under Armour zip front - highly recommend).

When my swelling was down a bit last night, I looked much smaller. In the photo I just updated, you can see I'm so, so swollen on the left side. I have some kind of a vascular headache, too...I'm convinced it's from the compression, because the pain meds don't touch it. I took the pic right before my shower. Hopefully the next one will show some improvement.

VERY happy with my boobs and so glad I didn't go for even the smallest implant. Dr. Perez said he was able to preserve the tissue, and I should be happy even without the swelling :) Right now, they feel like I'm ready to start breastfeeding.

I'm very thankful for my strong legs because it has made getting up/down so easy. Other than getting so tired SO fast, I'd say I'm feeling well. I'm going to start weening off the pain meds today as I think that will result in a clearer head and less sleepiness. Followup appointment today at 2:45. Maybe will have drain removed. My collections have been

60ml - 24 hrs ending Sat.

45ml - 24 hrs ending Sun.

I have to get a reading right before the dr. and we'll see what he says!

Your boobs are amazing & exactly what I wanted in a lift! Now I'm wishing I had done the BL years ago before i lost my weight & was still a DD as my single D breast di not look so gOod! I'm so frickn jealous! Lol
Thanks! You know, I was so worried about the lift, and I'm starting to think I'll be happiest of all with that! You can always go back and do the implants after. I couldn't do the implant at the same time because my ptosis was too severe, but I'm glad now that I couldn't. Rather than always wondering "what if", for a little more money you can do it separately and know you're making the right choice! Of course, mine are still swollen now, but I'm hoping to land around a 36D. That would be great. That said... your day 5 pics look GREAT so I don't think you have a single thing to be jealous of!! lol.

Okay, the swelling is really stressing and...

Okay, the swelling is really stressing and bothering me. The dr. told me he removed right at 10 lbs. and I presently weigh 6 lbs. more than when I went in. Trust me, I feel every bit of the 16 lbs. of SWELL. All I can say is that if this gets WORSE (as I've heard swelling peaks at week 3?) then I will just die.

As luck would have it, a friend of mine is the FL rep on a therapy machine called Hivamat. He brought it over today and did a treatment on my belly and it made a huge, huge difference. It's a machine that is commonly used on older people with edema or lymphatic issues I understand, but he sells them to plastic surgeons for use in post operative care for swelling. If you're having swelling issues, ask your surgeon if he offers these treatments in the office or a take home unit to rent. OMG... what a difference!! I could feel within 10 mins that some of the "water bed" sensation of my tummy was gone. After 30 minutes, I peed like crazy, and it was office the machine worked to get the fluids moving along through the lymph system.

Pics are of Day 4 and Day 5 post op. The day 5 post op is after the Hivamat treatment, and I'm on my way to do another to myself with the home model!!

Lmao not only are we both in Florida, swelling like crazy but u are about as patient as I am right now about it! Thank goodness it's not beach season yet & we will be done swelling by then! I needed a pick me up today about all this swelling so I checked out sassy mom's update from the mommy makeover area & there's light at the end of the tunnel! The swelling eventually goes down & she's post op week 10 I think, but I'm day 8 so I decided to put my cg back on & stop stressing about my tiny boobs & pray the next 8 weeks go by as fast as the 1st 8 days!!!! Lol
TT is looking good!
Thanks, I'm struggling a bit. The swelling really has me down. YES! It's manatee season in FL, but I don't want to be the biggest sea cow around :) Trying to hang in there and know that patience is key.

Day 7 Post Op - When everyone here said "It gets...

Day 7 Post Op - When everyone here said "It gets better every day" I remember thinking "How much better can it really get in a day?" LOTS. I'm still swelling like a sea cow...but it's getting better. And today in the mirror, I could see it for the first time. If he takes that ^%$# drain out tomorrow, I'm sure I'll feel like a million bucks! I was down to 30 mls at my 24hr reading yesterday evening, and I'm on track for about 25 mls tonight. With just one drain, surely that will qualify for removal?!?

I've been out and about quite a bit, shopping mostly. I'm sure the activity is contributing to the swelling, but I seriously can't sit in the house all day. Dying to get back to work, but that will have to wait until Monday... though I've been working online and answering emails and calls all week from home.

I'm planning to put on my swimsuits again on Sunday and see what the difference is at 10 days Post Op. Can't wait!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 10 Post Op - Drain out, YAY! But still...

Day 10 Post Op - Drain out, YAY! But still swelling like crazy. At least 10 lbs. of water surrounding my body. It feels miserable, and it's discouraging to still see the scale a couple pounds over pre-surgery weight when it should be down quite a bit. On the bright side, I can fit into my clothes!! That will make going to work tomorrow easier. I feel awesome. Seriously, nearly 100%. The only thing slowing me down is all of these compression garments!

As a pick-me-up, I did bikini before/after this morning. Heck, even if this water NEVER went away, it's an improvement!

You look great! The swelling will get better, just takes a while. I'm 4 months post op and still have swelling. You do look great thought!
Thanks so much :) It's tough to feel excited about the new body when you're wrapped up in layers of compression and swollen up so much. But the picture comparison helps, as does having a "veteran" tell me it gets better!!!
Wow - you look great. I love the side by side before after pics. You can really tell the difference. I am close to your size so I was anxious to see your results. Keep posting pics...happy healing!!!!

Day 15 Post Op - Wow! If only I could relax and...

Day 15 Post Op - Wow! If only I could relax and listen to people! 2 weeks really is the magic turning point. This morning I was 4.5 lbs. less than pre-surgery weight. I felt so much better when I woke up today! I'm still swollen in my legs, abdomen and breasts, but it's significantly better. It is so exciting to think about what the next major mileston... 6 weeks PO... is going to look/feel like :)

I do have a lot of wrinkling around my nipples and in a couple of places along my scar, but Dr. Perez says this is normal and will go away. I hope so!

Thanks for your support!!! Hope you are healing well!

Day 29 Post Op - I'm still happy with my results,...

Day 29 Post Op - I'm still happy with my results, but I really thought I would look better at 4 weeks! I'm only a few lbs. under my pre-surgery weight, and I should be 10 under based on what was removed.

I feel like I looked better at my 10 day post op pics than I did at 4 weeks when I took them last night! haha, that's why they're not posted :)

I feel just as wide but surely the swelling isn't all of it? I don't think I've gained "real" weight as I've been good with food/eating.

The swelling is down in my breasts, so now they're a little smaller, which doesn't thrill me. But then, I didn't get the implant and I can always go back, right? I also have a little spot on the bottom of my nipple where the aereola incision meets the other one that isn't completely closed up. The dr. says that it's fine... but it won't close. I bought some wound covering Tegaderm sheets last night to cover it, hopefully that will help. I think the problem is that everytime it gets a little healing scab going, it sticks to my bra and gets opened back up when I take it off.

Argh. Please, please I hope everything is improved at the 6 week mark!

Good for u! I always thought ur girls looked great with just the BL! U & Maumee both look so perfect that it lOoks as though u both have implants!! Lol can't wait to see ur new pics, it's nice seeing all of us transition from post op day 1 to almost 3 months PO!!! I know ur warmer down there than we are in the pan handle (lucky you) as I'm anxious to finally wear the summer clothes I've always wanted to! Bring on the heat lol :)
Hey I'm just stopping by to see how ur recovery is going! I know we both had tt's & BL's around the same time & I was curious if you were considering getting a BA now. My ps was against getting them at the same time as well so I scheduled my BA for march 30th but I'm having doubts now lol! I hope ur happy with ur results so far, time has really flown by
Hi, yes.. thank you for thinking of me! I'm beyond thrilled with my results, and no... I'm not going for the implants. I'm enjoying just being a solid/full 36D rather than the DD I was. My clothes seem to fit better, and really... with my build... big boobs just make me look heavier! I was a little worried that I would be lacking some fullness without implants, but I don't think that's the case.

I've been keeping an eye on your updates, I'm glad to see you're so happy as well. I am definitely going to post pics this week. Let me know if you agree on the fullness thing for me! I've been meaning to update for weeks, but you're right... time flies! After being so wrapped up in the surgery and recovery, it's been nice to finally just live life a bit in my new body :)

11 Weeks PO today! I have been meaning to update...

11 Weeks PO today! I have been meaning to update my profile/pics for weeks and every time I plan to do it... there's a reason why I don't. Usually because of swelling that day. Today I made an appointment with the camera and kept it! Even though... yes, I was so swollen at the end of the day!

Regarding the last issue I had with the unhealing spot on my breast: there was a stitch left behind. Once that was removed, all healed up and on the mend. 'm happy with my breasts without the implant, mostly because 36D just fits in clothes better than the 40DD I was. I'm still feeling like I have the breasts of Frankenstein's bride, but I'm hopeful that will improve over time!

But below you'll see pics, and my results I'm happy with. I asked my surgeon about my scar and it's lack of symmetry (matches the rest of my crooked ass body!) and he said that was just the path that worked to get the smallest scar in the best "hidden" place and still remove all stretch marks and give me the "cookie box lift". Ha... Dr. Perez gave me a mons reduction and lift to that area. I didn't realize how much that region had "fallen" until he pulled her back up where she was in college! Wow!

I've gone back to all my favorite activities... golf, yoga, kettle bells, stand up paddle boarding, running. Running is tough for me because my abdomen feels strange to bounce up and down and little while numb. I guess I should be wearing compression, but after so many years of Spanx to work every day, I've been LOVING the freedom of smooth clothes without Spanx!

Overall, I don't feel like I look any better than I did at 10 days post op! Not in the pics anyway... but I can see the difference in person/in my clothes. Still swelling, but not nearly as bad. I would do this again in a heartbeat, that's for sure!! Best thing I could have ever done for myself.

i love your picture in the blue swim suit!!!!! You look fabulous!! by the way where did you get that pretty swimsuit? thanks
Thank you :) The swimsuit is from Boston Proper catalog, but it's from Laundry by Shelli Segal - you can buy her stuff at Zappos and through their direct site laundrybyshellisegal dot com
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

I am so glad I chose Dr. Perez. He has fantastic bedside manner and I like the way he's honest, but comforting all at the same time. I can't say for sure with all this swelling, but so far I'd say he has done good work. I feel good about the location of the tummy tuck line, he did a minor monsplasty for good measure (I appreciated that he recognized the need in advance, as a flat tummy then exposes a fatty mons), lots of lipo and what I believe is a fantastic breast lift. He gives the impression that he is very passionate about his work and wants your body to look good. He has spent tons of time with me at the pre and post op visits and he has made me feel like he really cares about the results. I have also been very impressed with the others on the team. He has another plastic surgeon in the office, I think she's a relatively new graduate working with/under him a bit, Dr. Temmen. She is awesome also and assisted with my surgery. The anesthetist, Josh was great... they all just made me feel super comfortable through the entire process. His main office assistant, Victoria, has been there through the consultation, pre/post op and she's been incredibly helpful as well and very responsive to calls/emails.