Mommy Makeover with Dra Baez 2/21

I'm a 29 year old female with two kids (2 and 10)....

I'm a 29 year old female with two kids (2 and 10). I recently lost 108 pounds over a year and a half but I'm still not at my goal weight of 120. My current weight is 140 and my skin is not tight like I want it so I'm looking to get the mommy makeover. I'm currently looking at Duran, Yily, Disla, and Robles in DR. Any suggestions?

So I think I've narrowed my search down

I heard back from 3 doctors in DR: Robles, Yily, and Disla. Dra Disla quoted me 7500 for the TT, lipo, BA w/implants, and arms and without the arms it would be $6000. Disla says that the recovery house is an additional $1000. Robles has the all inclusive package which includes the stay at the Recovery House for $5300 and this is without the arms and the BL. I requested another quote from her to include the BA w/implants. Yily also got back with me and quoted me $6000 but her quote doesn't include the recovery house. I keep looking at different reviews for these specific doctors and I'm curious to know why the price quotes are different from everyone getting the same things done. I keep calling Duran as well as emailing and facebooking her and I have been unsuccessful. I really wanted to get a quote from her because I really like her work. Right now, I am leaning more toward Robles only because the stay in included in the price and she seems to have great bedside manner.

Dra Robles

Does anyone know if Robles will do a ba/ bl with the mommy makeover package?

Duran's quote

I had to call the office to get my quote but I finally got it. I do love her work but it is way more expensive than what everyone else quoted me. I also can't get my arms done at the same time of everything else which would be an additional $3000. That really isn't a big deal though. So now I'm deciding which doctor to go with. Robles, Yily or Duran?!?! Hmmm...

Anyone cancel with Baez?

If there are any ladies who are scheduled with Baez any time in Feb or March and have to cancel their surgery for any reason, can you please let me know. I think I want to go with Baez now for sure and she doesn't have any openings until mid year 2014.

I change my mind like I change my underwear, lol

Everyday I'm switching my doctor. I last decided on Baez and am scheduled for February 11 but I need to switch to late in Feb or early March and she doesn't have any openings. I'm also scheduled for Yily on March 1st so I think I might end up going with her. I need to start ordering all my supplies as my surgery date is fastly approaching.

Looking for surgery buddies

I've rescheduled with Dra Baez for March 10 and am looking for a surgery buddy. I think I'm going to stay at Yasmin's. If you're interested, pm me.

LASIK

Anyone know of a good Lasik surgeon to go to in Dominican Republic? I'm trying to get this done while I'm down there for my surgery.

I'm giving up my Feb 11th date with Baez

If anyone wants Feb.11th with Baez, let me know. I know she is booked up until May of this year so if you wanted to get in early, now is your chance.

I made it to DR "safely" ... Decided to go with Baez

I arrived to DR at 4:00 and was supposed to get picked up but no one was there to pick me up. I saw someone from Healing Haven around 4:50-5:00 and asked if they could call someone at Baez office to inform them that I had not been picked up yet. Well she said she would call José and have him come get me. I need to wait at this certain spot and he would pull up in a green can for me. She left and two minutes later this guy pulls up and says he is here to pick me up. So I said "that was quick, are you sure". He then said yes and said his name was José. So I asked him if he worked for Baez cause that's where I was going and he said yes. I got in the car and he started to drive and he asked me if I wanted to stay in a hotel in Santo Domingo or some other place. I told him I'm supposed to go to Baez clinic for testing for my surgery. He asked me for the address... Da fuq??? So I give him the address but at the same time I'm asking him "how does he not know where her office is". Well we drive around for 30-40 minutes "looking" for this office when I get a call from José Brito. He says he is at the airport looking for me so I ask the other guy again if his name was José. I told Brito that some guy had picked me up from the airport who says he worked for Baez and he asked for him to get on the phone. They talked for a while and the guy said that he w's taking me back to the airport so that José Brito could get me. Well I never went back to the airport. This guy found Baez clinic and wanted me to give him money for his services. I'm confused at this point on why he lied and chose to pick me up. Well I told him I was gonna go talk to Baez about this and he followed me in the building. He kept asking for money and said he would not give me by bag (that he watched from me btw) until I gave him some money. Baez husband came outside and tried to find out what was going on and negotiate with the man on the payment. I guess he wanted a lot of money cause he drove all over town looking for this place. He husband got my bag for me and took me inside. I don't know what happened between those two from there.

Consultation

So I was a little unhappy in my consultation because although everything came back ok, I'm unable to get all that I wanted to get done. They think its not safe to be under for 5 hours and don't want to risk losing any lives. Although I was mad at first, I'm taking that as a sign from God and will do only what they say they can do to me. If I'm unsatisfied with my results, I guess I have to come back for another round. Baez is really sweet though and will do anything to make you happy. I was kind of questioning choosing her over others but I'm kind of glad I did. Hopefully my results come out looking good. Surgery is at 6 am in the morning so definitely send prayers this way. I'll do an updated review when I'm up to it. Oh and I'm staying at Yasmin's too so I'll talk about my experience here as well.

I'm a Baez doll now

I made it to the flat side. I'm now a Baez doll. It's 3 am and I can't sleep so I figure I would write this review. I was supposed to be at the clinic at 6 am for surgery. I got there and immediately went to the emergency room to get admitted. The doctor down there asked about medical history and from there I proceeded to the 3 rd floor where I went tons other room. In here, I waited a couple hours until Dra. Baez came to take my pre-op pics and mark me up. The anesthesiologist also came in and put an iv in me that was nothing but saline solution. Both of them left and I waited another hour or so for a guy to come in with a wheelchair to take me off to surgery. So I get in the operating room and immediately start panicking cause I was never given the blue pill like others say they get. The guy in the or kept telling me to calm down and they'll put something in my iv so I won't feel the pain. After they put whatever they did in my iv, I immediately laid down and began to relax. I was up the whole time during surgery and felt them poking around in my body. It didn't hurt until Dra Baez started to work on my right breast. She had to burn my nipple off to give me the breast lift. I was screaming "pain, pain" and one or the guys in the background repeated what I said and got something else to put in my iv. I didn't feel anything shortly after that. The smell of skin burning was making me nauseous so someone started to hold the blanket over my face and nose. I didn't like that but I let it continue on. I ended up getting a tummy tuck and breast lift. SN: I wanted a tummy tuck, breast lift, and back, arm and thigh lipo but the cardiologist said I couldn't get all that done yesterday. I'm gonna have to come back to get those areas lipo'd. What was funny is all my test came back good and my hemo was 14. I was mad yesterday when he told me that cause I was like "why tell me in order to get all this work done and aggressive lipo, my hemo had to be high". I was seriously questioning switching to a doctor who would do all that I wanted. I been working hard as hell and overdoing so things to get it that high so I was upset about it at first. But I understand, they were looking out for my safety and I thank them for that. Ok, back to my story...I was so surprised I was up all that time cause I didn't sleep well the night before. I kept looking around thinking to myself "hell I'm still up so I guess I didn't die yet". I was done with surgery around 5:15 pm and they kept telling me I was done. I'm all on the table telling them "I'm so proud of you guys", "you did an awesome job", and "give me a high five". Lmao, those people were in there like keep your arms down please or you're gonna hurt yourself. I guess from the pain medicine, I couldn't feel it. They came in and put my faja on and I was telling them they were supposed to put my t-shirt and maxi pads under it and they kept telling me no. It was a lady in the room and I kept asking her if she had any work done before and let me see. lol. This was the medicine making me do all this, I promise. Anyways they took me off the or table and moved me to another transport bed which was very uncomfortable. I got into a recovery room and shortly after Dra Baez came in and said I did a good job and "you're beautiful baby". She brought in a nurse that was gonna stay the night with me and she's been helpful so far. It was hot as hell in this room so I asked one of the staff here to turn the a/c on and he told me I needed to pay 300 pesos in order to have the a/c ruining. I'm like "wth, tell Dra Baez to get back in here". She saw me sweating and told me don't worry about paying the 300 pesos right now cause she would take care of it. I love her so much. She's a very kind and compassionate person. We definitely need more people like her. Santos and another lady from Yasmin's came and visited me and told me they would be back for me in the morning. I've just been in this bed in a lot of pain and itching severely. I was real nauseous earlier and had to throw and when I tell you, it felt like my skin was ripping apart. That ish hurt like frfr, lol. I slept for a little but but been up the majority of the night/morning cause I'm in so much pain. These pain meds are garbage over here and I can't wait to get back to the recovery house so I can pop me a pill. It feels like I was crossing the street and a 18 wheeler hit me, threw me 500 feet in the air and once I hit the ground, two school busses came and ran over me. Lol, I know I have some issues. I don't know how in the world you girls get everything done at once. I'm in a lot of pain with this little but of stuff I got so I can imagine what y'all are experiencing. Anywho, I'm done with this review and I will update another time. Please excuse the typos, I'm on my phone and it keeps autocorrecting my words.... Oh, I forgot to tell y'all be prepared to be hungry AF cause you can't eat or drink ish. I haven't eaten since Thursday night at 7 pm.

Not worth it

I am not satisfied with my results or my communication attempts with Baez. I wish I would've listened to everyone that night I met her when they told me to go to another doctor. I have had several issues before I left DR and Baez was not willing to meet with me. I ended up leaving and coming home and tried to email her and ask questions and she doesn't respond to them. What's funny is I decided to test her and I emailed a request for a price quote for a round 2 and she responded to that. Really??? Anyways, I would recommend that you not go to her of you were considering her. Now I know why she doesn't have too many people put up their experience and pics of her work. I have talked to other who have gone with her who are unsatisfied as well. There is no reason why I should be going back for a round 2.

Some pics (7 days po) and before pics

Here are some pics. I'm 7 days po

I'm so pissed off

Every day I get more and more upset about my decision to have surgery with Dra Baez. I'm having more and more problems and when I try to contact her, I can't get any response. I really didn't think she was this type of doctor when first meeting her but I guess after they get your money, people change. I still haven't found anyone to drain my seroma. I'm spending a good amount of money seeing plastic surgeons in my area and er visits and no one is willing to help me. I can't believe I did this to myself. I'm currently at the er now and just found some more of this blue wire she used to sew me back up. This can't possibly dissolve. Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I look like I haven't had surgery also. My stomach is worst now than it was preop. I think it's because she didn't lipo me at all and also because of the massive seroma.

Review in Yasmin's

Ugh, I typed up a whole review and tried to upload a video and then when I went I save, it didn't. So I will type up later when I feel good.

Infection on my breast

So lately I've been having red and inflamed breast. Where my stitches were, my skin is now covering it and it itches real bad. I decided to contact Baez and confirm if my stitches were in fact dissolvable. She asks me to send her a pic so I did. Well they aren't dissolvable and should've been removed at 5 days Po. Here I am at 18 days Po contact her about my breasts. Why could she have not told me this a while ago? My skin has grown over the stitches and the little bit of stitch that I did she poking out my skin, I cut myself. My skin has green pus leaking from it and its really red and tender. I'm so overly frustrated with this entire situation. This has not been a good experience for me AT ALL. I'm going to contact some more plastic surgeons in my city tomorrow and see how much their visit is and if they will see me. This seems like a bad dream and I just want to wake up from it.
Dra Wilkiris Robles

I can't figure out how to change the doctor name but I went to Dra Australia Baez in DR. When initially meeting her, I thought she was a very kind and caring person. She always followed up with my whatsapp questions and concerns. Now that I've had surgery, things have changed. She is aware that I am not satisfied with my results and she will not respond to my inquires at all. I think that she is not confident in her abilities to do things. I paid for a certain service and I did not receive it. Nor did I receive any follow up care. I do not recommend her services.

Wow there goes my faith in drs lol I really thought she would be worth it. I'm just really sorry that It was you had to find this out :/ hoping your results somehow better up to where your no longer so upset about them, easier said then to live through this BUT at least you have your life babe it could always be worse. That's a 2nd chance right there, God bless you doll!
I am so sorry to hear about your bad experince with Dr. Baez. If you decide to go for a second tummy tuck check out Walkiris Robles. I will be having my surgery with Dr. Robles on August. Ladies before you decide on a doctor do ur research. Look them up on Google, youtube, facebook etc....................
I kno exactly how u feel! I went to Baez as well n can relate to your story. It's so depressing to b unhappy with your results. Smh
Im really sad to hear about Dr.Baez I really thought she was one of the good doctors...never seen a tummy tuck where your belly button is still the same
Im so so sorry to hear of your bad experience. Shame on Baez smh
I am so sorry to hear that your results came out bad
I'm sorry ur not happy with ur results!! I hate to say this but I considered her and after seeing ppl results I changed my mind ..she is not aggressive enough for the results I want!! And I don't want to be a Barbie but I do want to look like I had sx
Awesome congrats on your journey I saw you read my story so I wanted to check yours out. I am also trying to get with one of those doctors but having trouble s getting dates in a timely manner. If you decide not to go with baez I'll surely take it lol I would love to go that early.
Hello. Send me a pm with your email address and name. I'll send an email to Baez and cc you on it, to let her know you can take my Feb 11th date.
Thanks hun but I was able to get a feb 24th date with dr. Robles she was another doc I was hoping for and I still haven't got a quote from Dr. Baez anyway.
Ok

Wow, congrats on that weight loss! What an accomplishment. How did you do it?

Have you contacted any of the surgeons that you mention? That might give you a better idea of who you'd like to go with.

And when the time comes, here's a list of supplies for traveling for a mommy makeover.

Please keep us posted!

Hello! I started working out twice a day and cut my portion sizes in half. I eat out a lot so my husband and I would share a plate. I also kept a diary of what I ate in the initial phases of my weight loss. Of course I cut out sodas, sweets, and juices. I have contacted some all of the surgeons but have only heard back from Robles, Disla, and Yili. I'm waiting to hear back from Duran.