I Finally Got Lucky! - Tampa, FL

After two years of pain and suffering all my...

After two years of pain and suffering all my efforts paid off.Just to think in start telling my story tears suddenly pop-up in my eyes as I remembered what happened to me. I had what most people called porcelain face, until a MD gave me the wrong meds which on a 4th of july gave me a bad case of Acne, and all the ugly things that comes with it.SCARS gallure, so I tried it all listening to my derm whom by the way seem to only care for the money, Teo years now and I have it all under control,just cause i studied and did an extensive re-search on this matter. Now that my face is Acne free I did microdermabration and laser genesis,it worked so good I'm actually amazed,Im only telling the good but the bad wash sooo bad i wanted to die, i gained 20lbs i can't get rid of,I still have scars to deal with left from the acne but after all I'm alive and proud that I did all to help myself cause we are the ones who suffer so we take charge. Don't give up cause few years down the road you will be able to see results and all the thing you do will work so you can fee like. Do today. Choose a good practice to perform your treatment and ask all the questions you fee neccesary

Photo Update

Acne breakout 2009 to present

I have been suffering from this allergy reaction I had on July 2 2009 due to tetracycline, what I have gone through no words can express the constant struggle the fear of my entire face getting full of acne again, luckily I found another aid in controlling it which is called Tazorac that is a charm, at first sign of acne coming out I apply it and in less than 2-3 days totally clear. And one of my life savers have been chemical peels TCA if done by one with knowledge and experience it is the answer to get rid of that horrible looking old skin and scars. It can also help for Acne however I find it more effective for dark spots scars fine lines and wrinkles, and over all turn over of dead dull skin
VI peels it is 100% effective on active Acne and more, this is a more expensive alternative I would say but wow it is sooo worth it.
I also did lots of face wash with baking soda and lime when my Acne was painfully out of control. I believe that helped a lot in controlling the oils and bacteria.
I went and got my skin care license as well so now I offer help to those in need with different techniques mainly homeopathic solutions. I don't do this full time due to lack of time but if one need any advice I am able to signin real self from time to time and post my own experiences and some other things that can help the community.

Micro-dermabration and laser genesis after two years of treatment for severe acne.

Thank you so much for sharing all the helpful tips with the community :) I never heard of baking soda and lime - can you tell me more about that one?
After few years of struggle with my Acne situation I am now free and clear of it with few episodes here and there. I actually went to school and became a Skin specialist to be able to understand better my condition and also help others, I am now doing my own facial creams based on natural ingredients and the help of Microdermabration ,Laser machines with very high Tech tools that actually delivers excellent and long lasting results but at first it took me a while and lots of tears before I found the solution, At times I still use chemicals I also used lots of Retin-A and others, it was painful God it was terrible! Now I learned to live and accept the few flaws that are left,but luckily the scars has gone away with my own compounds,true is I got anxious following the Derm low paste cause meanwhile my face was getting worse by the minute,she started me with low doses of the common creams to treat Acne and antibiotics reason why I went and got my own resources. There is nothing like being able to show your better face but it does takes time and lots of patience,acquiring knowledge is the way to go! Please feel free to ask me any further questions and to all of you whom reply to my post I offer my apologies for taking this long to answer. Thank you all!
Hello! I assume by now you have done some of the few things you've mentioned. I like to say that doing certain Laser procedures can be like playing the lottery you can get lucky as we as very unfortunate, for some of us with Olive skin Laser at times is not the best way to go as it can cause hyper pigmentation and other damages to the skin which will only complicate more the situation. I will choose rather few sections of Microderm, perhaps TCA peelings( at first can be harsh but if done by an experienced professional it is magical) and lots of facial scrubs made out of natural ingredients such as Oatmeal and baking soda ( if skin not too sensitive or abused by chemical adding Lime is a great help to lighten the skin) Hope things are better for you by now!
HI there! How did the Genesis go??
Hello! How did the Genesis go?
Sharon, How have you been with those acne scars? Hopefully much better by now I actually developed few Acne spots in the center of my noise and oh boy one between my eyes almost at the forehead and that is very bad, I did get rid of those with a cream I make myself based on oatmeal,UV protection cream of 55+ and hydroquinone. Some people are under the believe that this chemical is bad but if used as directed it is an excellent way to get rid of dark spots of any kind. Other belive in Kojic acid so they call it natural but it has been reported to be more harsh on your skin than HQ. After all you need to try and see what works best for you.
Don't do any of those. Ive had them all, and the ONLY one that works is cosmelan 2! It's as low as $850-$950. If you do it by the book, the results are amazing!!! It minimizes pores, acne, scars, but it's meant for melasma and discoloration. The process is a bit much but so so worth it!!!
Hello, I live in the Tampa Bay area and am interested in getting my skin back to good health! I suffer from severe acne scarring and unusual scarring around my chin and mouth. I also have pigmented skin which I realize can be problematic for some skin treatments. Are you able to provide the name of the doctor who helped you? I need a serious boost in self esteem & confidence. Thanks! Vonn

Hi is good to hear you got such good results from this treatment. I have malesma around my cheeks i have been to 3 different places one doctor told me he would do fraxel re:store for 1500.00 only in the areas of problem. the other place said laser genesis 6 treatments for 1600.00 and the last place said to do rejuvinize peel for 600.00 for 4. i'm a latno with olive skin tone very scared and confuse.

how did you get rid of your acne?

I made an appointment for laser genesis and dermaplant in Birminghan , Alabama in the clinic spa of Dr. William Hedden. I live in Atlanta ga but their price are amazing and for this I am going to travel this 3 hours. I havent had this treatment before. Does somebody knows something about this doctor (hedden), his clinic and spa?
Thanks for your reply, I think I found them on google search. I hope it's the same place. It sounds like it is because it shows they offer laser genesis and they are on Kennedy Blvd. in Tampa. I will give them a call. Thanks for your help!

Hi: I read your review and think that's an amazing price to pay for such a good improvement. I only have one acne scar but it's on the tip of my nose and it's from a procedure that my derm did to remove a pre-cancerous lesion. It wouldn't bother me but since it's on my nose I feel very self conscious. Would you please tell me the name of the Dr. who helped you. Thank You, Sharon

Oh wao! Yes I can imagine how you feel.
I actually had one treatment of micro-dermabration and one of laser genesis.
It really made the difference, this is a common procedure if its done by a
good professional you should have the same result.
I went to an office in TAMPA FL(Cosmetic surgery of Tampa bay is the actual name of the place), I don't intend to give them any promotions by all means, i am just any other client of them in fact I've only been there once so far but i just want to help anyone here who is looking for solutions as this one did worked for me, I am planning in going either tomorrow or Friday to get a second treatment done, as I understand people usually will need at least four to see ultimate results)
They were Running a special 100. For the
laser genesis, I'm not sure how much that usually runs for, it may not be
much more. Look around in your area and if you need my help further I'll be
glad to call my doctor to ask her to offer you the same deal as given me if possible,if you happen to be in the area.
Good luck to you!
what was the setting on the laser genesis
Hello Britt,
Yes I will do Three more treatments each with a month apart to obtain maximun results.
I still have dark spot from the Acne scars for which I just go with a lite loose powder vesus before the micro and laser gemesis i had to cover it with make up, few layers of foundation follow up with few other steps of setting powder and last blush, only then my face look semi-decent.
At this point I'm very comfortable with the appearance of my face so for me the one treatment is effective. Ill do more just so i go make up free like i used to.
I'm amazed with the overall look i got from this one time and how people tell me how good my skin looks. I highly recommend it.
A year ago my derm told me this was the way to go once i get my acne under control, but it seem so out of my reach as one section was 375. But i found this other place where they were Running a special for only 99. I figured I do 3 for the price of one. I am really happy because I got to the point where i had lost faith. Waited an entire year to see my face clear, even skin tone. So patience paid off.

That's great anabella, I'm so glad even though the first place told you basically "No" you were able to still find a solution from another place. It's nice the one time worked so well, hopefully that means the other two will work amazing and you will be able to no wear makeup again. Keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi anabella, How much improvement did you have in regards to your acne scars?
about 20% or so??

Thank you in advance.
Britt, I have virtually no more scars, I do get however few small breakouts here and there but before they forms into scars or dark spots now i now what to do to avoid it. My skin is clear as it used to be. I say my improvement is greater than 90% Thanks for the interest.

Hi anabella,

Thanks for the review. I'm so glad you are finally finding help for you acne scars. It sounds like you are in good spirits and the procedure went well. Do you have to go back again or was the one time enough? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,