Loving the Results!! - Tampa, FL

I am 29 years old and felt like I looked about 5...

I am 29 years old and felt like I looked about 5 years older, thanks to years worshiping the Florida sunshine without sunscreen!

I have been going to this office for over a year for Botox injections and absolutely trust Dr. Cross and the staff. They never force any procedures or recommend something unless you say you would like to see improvements in an area. So I pointed out that my smile lines were getting deeper and also some melasma on my jawline. Dr. Cross told me that Fraxel laser would probably take care of it. I was considering it at $600 per treatment when I discovered a Groupon for $379 for two treatments! Bought without thinking twice!

I was given a numbing cream to put on an hour before treatment. Don't be afraid to slather this on thick because you will need it! The treatment took only about 5-6 minutes but felt like needles being dragged across my face. My eyes were watering but the treatment was bearable. After the treatment it felt like a moderate sunburn, even after the numbing cream wore off. I was able to run errands right after without looking swollen.

The next morning, my face was very swollen, but strangely didn't hurt. The worst swelling was 24-30 hours after the treatment. The swelling and redness continued to improve after the 30 hour mark. I was able to cover the redness with foundation and even though I was still pretty swollen, made my way into public about 36 hours after treatment. I was able to go back to work on the third day but I would recommend an extra day if possible.

Only negative other than the swelling, my chin and forehead broke out pretty bad but the office said this is normal. Cleared up after a few days.

Now, 10 days later, I am thrilled with the results! I feel like it has taken a few years off my face and I am already more confident without makeup. My dark freckles and spots are almost gone and smile lines have improved greatly.. The texture is still a little bumpy but you only see that when looking very close. My second treatment is in three weeks and I'm excited to see the results!

Lecada Medical Artistry

Dana sat in the procedure with me and told me to email her with any questions afterward, which I did. I would love to get a phone call after the procedure just for followup to answer any questions I would have. Dana did get back to me by email though!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hey Lorna! I promise my post isn't fake. I just had my second treatment last Friday and am going through the scaly skin phase now. For some reason, I just have redness for about 12-15 hours post Fraxel and the swelling kicks in shortly after. All of my swelling disappears within 48 hours. From what Dr. Cross said, everyone reacts differently and heals at a different pace. I know it will be another 7-10 days before my skin heals completely this time and I see all the benefits of the laser treatment.

The benefits that I see now are a huge reduction in brown spots and better firmness. Fraxel has truly taken a few years off my face and I'm really thankful I did it!

One other thing to note, I was getting Botox about every 10 weeks (it wears off quickly on me) and I don't plan to have another treatment anytime soon. The wrinkles on my forehead are so much better now. Even the crow's feet on the corners of my eyes are almost gone!

Are you considering treatment?
Hey Marie, How are you doing since your last fraxel? I didn't have my second one since it was summer & my blisters took a long long time to heal. I'm still dealing with some redness from them. I'll have the second fraxel in Jan when it's cooler out. I had her put some Sculptra in to help fill my scars out. I hope it works. Dr Cross so nice. Your lucky all you had were freckles to deal with. It's horrible having to deal with scars. It's a whole different ball game. Your very lucky to heal so fast after fraxel esp in the Florida sun. I hope she puts out more coupons! I think she has one out now for facials.
I think in Tampa it's around $500.00 for Restore without the coupon.
Got Restore. 2 for $379.00 with Groupon in Tampa.. I usually pay $900.00 a pop for Restore Dual in Philly. Usually need 4 of them. I had Smoothbeam, Perfecta & Affirm . Going broke dealing w/my scars. If your only paying $850.00 ea for Dual that's not bad. Repair is too harse for me & more expensive & more down time. I don't want to take a chance making more scars either. I want it built my skin up so Restore seems like a better choice for me. Needleing too,
Thanks for your posts! One question: What type of Fraxel did you get?? "RePair"? "Dual"?
p.s. JEALOUS you found that groupon, I'm getting quoted $850+ tax up here in Toronto :*(
BinToronto,

Hi there! This was for Fraxel ReStore. $850 may not be that bad for the other types of Fraxel from what I hear because they are more intense and you need less treatments. For ReStore, 4-6 treatments may be recommended. I'm only having 2. My boyfriend asked me why I even needed the second one since the first one made such a big difference. I figure it can only keep improving the depth of my smile lines and lighten my freckles a little more.

Good luck!
Marie, I don't know how you went out 36hrs after restore. I had mine done on Wed, no way can I see going out this weekend. I have the brown pinpoints all over & today I'm still swollen under my eyes. I think you look great, much brighter which I'm really glad to see since a lot of people say they sometimes get pigmentation. Did you ever have restore done before by Cross? How many passes did she do to you? I think she did 4 on me. It seems as soon as you start to look good you have to go back again for another. It was my first time there but she made me feel she can help me out. I have horrible scars from a laser resurfacing done by another doctor in Tampa 5 yrs ago. I wish I knew about her during the winter. I've been closing all the curtains during the day because of the sun. I hope it rains all weekend! I can't imagine what it's going to be like hiding out like this in July after my next treatment.
Sats,

Not sure what kind of foundation you usually use but I recommend Clinique Even Better. It covered up the redness and spots very well in the days after the treatment so I could go out in public. I have used it for about a year and it is great for sensitive skin too. Putting it on today, two weeks after treatment, I was so thrilled because I only need it in a few spots instead of slathering on layers like I did before treatments.

Haven't noticed the pigmentation even though I still have a little roughness that hasn't flaked off. This is the first time I have had any treatment and Dr. Cross went over my face 3 times. I know, they recommend you get the treatment again within 4 weeks and it is a little frustrating because that is about the time for the results from the first treatment to be complete.

If anyone could help you, I bet it would be Dr. Cross. She is honest and very knowledgeable. It is a shame that the last treatments left you with scars.

Just wear higher level sunscreen on your face and a good sunhat when outside and you will be fine. No need to hide from the sun if you are protected. It is difficult to hide from the Florida sun. :-) And like I said, that foundation helps a lot!

Keep me updated on your progress!
Hey Marie,
The swelling is finally going down but now I'm breaking out in those little blisters all around my mouth & chin, the roughness is gone but I'm still red to the touch. I still feel tight when i make a fish face. Feels like something is going on under my skin. You seemed to heal faster than me. Maybe it was because she did 4 passes on me, Yeah, I made a big mistake going for a resurfacing. I thought that doctor was supposed to be good, he totally messed up my face. I really like Dr Cross, I have to get some fillers from her too which she's famous for. When do you go back? I go back on July 12th. Keep me posted on your results & I will too. Thanks for the tip about the foundation, if it was just redness I can take them but the problem is I have scars & nothing seems to cover them. It's supposed to rain a lot this week!! yeah!!
Hello, I am 30 years old and have a lot of sun damage from working outside, tanning and using tanning beds..stupid me. I'm considering getting laser genesis- is there a reason why you didn't try this first as there is no down time?
Hi Marie1175, I am doing much better with the swelling today but my face feels really rough and there is a lot of scabbing. So hope fully it will peel off by this weekend.Did you put any special moistureizer or anything?
Thanks
Cinu,

Yes, the roughness and scabbing was also something I experienced. I also had small blisters that if broken would bleed. From what I hear, it is best to just wash your face a few times a day and moisturize with a gentle moisturizer like aveeno. Nothing with Retin A or exfoliation beads. Sunscreen is mandatory though! And no Aquaphor because it clogs your pores.

Hang in there. The first few days are a little scary but after that, it continues to get better! I'm 2 weeks post today and I still have some roughness that is healing.
is there a reason why you didn't try laser genesis-I'm considering that for this fall
I was a sun worshipper and frequented the stupid tanning beds- now I feel so old and am only 30 years old. I need to do something.
Tali,

I actually haven't heard of Genesis. Dr. Cross recommended fraxel for me for my fine lines and discoloration so I didn't research any other options. She is in her mid 40's and her face looks like she is in her mid 20's so I trust her recommendation. Yes, the tanning beds are great for a short term tan but no favors in the long run. I feel like I have gotten a second chance with my skin!
I just went to Dr Cross today for Fraxel Restore, I also bought the groupon. They are extreamly nice & Dr Cross is the best esp at fillers. I have scars from Erbium Laser Resurfacing that another Tampa dr did so I'm hoping this will help. I've already had Restore Dual 4x's, Affirm, Perfecta & Smoothbeam. Restore seemed to help the most. I didn't have any skin problems that a lot mention. At least not so far. I'll be going back in July for my second treatment. I'm glad you liked the outcome, I hope I can say the same. Keep us posted & I will also.
Hey Cinu! How are you doing today? Hopefully you haven't gotten any breakouts.
Thank you for posting!! yo are so funny...made me laugh with your comment on the photo about warning the person sleeping next to you regarding the massive swelling. This is my first day after fraxel treatment and my cheeks are so swollen that I am shy to go outside.
Its been 22 hours post treatment already and its not improving...