Super Nervous - Tampa, FL

I'm going for a lower face-lift to take care of my...

I'm going for a lower face-lift to take care of my jowls and banding on my neck. I had a full face lift 21 years ago and this is way overdue. I'm super nervous because I'm alone for this. I've hired a nurse to take me home from surgery and stay with me over the first night. After that I'm on my own. I have a neighbor who has volunteered but I don't feel comfortable with him seeing me lying in bed.... I also have 2 little dogs that I'm worried about. I know I'll get thru this but at my age, 73, it might be a bit tough. I'm in great health so hopefully I'll heal ok. This surgery is what I want so I pray everything will go ok. Please bear with me and be my cyber buddies. Thanks.

I think this is hopeless.

I cannot believe how awful my jaws and neck look. My face has few wrinkles but this picture shows the terrible truth. The doctor did say that he thought the banding on my neck was "unusual" but he felt he could correct it. The nurse was here today to meet me and the dogs and that went ok. Surgery is Monday the 28th. I'll keep you posted.

Surgery went well.

Well the surgery went well today. The anesthetist said my doctor works very slow but he's very good. Made me feel better. It's been around 10 hours and all I have is a horrible headache. I was really dopey when I got home but I'm feeling better now. Tomorrow he takes out the drains. Yippee? So far no swelling or bruising but wait until tomorrow when it really kicks in. My person who is staying the night went to bed. I guess I really didn't need anyone. I'm in good condition. I help care for 42 horses and that's work. It's a horse rescue and we get most of our horses from the race tracks. I love it and can't wait to get back. I'll check in tomorrow with pics. Thanks for your support and concern.

Well I made my great debut today by going to the barn to see my friends, both human and horses. Everyone was so kind. Of course they all knew what I had done and several women were talking about getting their faces done. One of the younger women said I was beautiful. Even with my rash, she said that. It was a very good day.
Yay!!!!!
Oh forgot to mention that my neck and jaw look beautiful.
Well the headache problem is finally gone but in it's place is a reaction to the antibiotic. I am literally covered in an itchy, blotchy rash. Did I mention itchy? I couldn't stand the itching and the rash was going into my neck and face so I went to the ER. Doc there said I was having a reaction to the antibiotic and gave me prenesdone and Zyrtec. I just spoke to my plastic surgeon doc and he said he wasn't too sure about that diagnosis but continue with the prednesdone and if it's not better by MONDAY call a dermatologist. Well I'm sitting here itching so badly I can't imagine going to monday like this. Has anyone else had a reaction like this?
Actually I feel much better today. Still have the pain in my right ear but the headache I've had all week is almost gone. Tuesday I have the stitches taken out and I hope that will be more comfortable for my head. Thanks for your concern. It means a lot to me. Today I had a call from the farm where we keep all our rescue horses. I miss being there but it's not the cleanest place in the world and I will just have to wait until I'm healed.
And that will be soon Tally, I am glad your head is better- I was wondering how you are doing today!  Kathy
Tally!  You are only FIVE days from your surgery!  Please be patient with yourself! I truly don't think you will kill your liver by taking Tylenol every 4 hours until you DO feel better!  Tomorrow- have a nice "be kind to Tally day", take the tylenol every 4 hours and REST!  I have been having a nap every day, sometimes TWO!!! Let me know how you are tomorrow please!  Kathy
I was awake most of the night because of pain on my right ear. I must have slept on it somehow but I am in an adjustable bed and am so careful. My head hurts again and I feel awful. When I told the doctor about my head he just said he didn't know what it was and thought maybe the anesthetic. He said if I was really concerned maybe I should have an MRI. I'm really not happy with the followup I'm receiving or should I say not receiving. I am not a complainer about pain but this has been going on since Monday. If it gets much worse I might think about going to the ER. This has not been a good experience pain wise. I've been holding off on rating my doctor because of these pain problems. I know everyone heals differently but it's going on 6 days and I'm still in pain.
Tally, what kind of pain relievers are you taking, anything?  I stopped my ROUTINE Tylenol just a couple days ago and now only take it as needed.  I have read here that the ear pain can last a long time.  I am still MOST comfortable on my back on a "wedge" incline.  I am so sorry you are having such pain- please keep us posted!
I'm taking Tylenol but have to be careful not to take too much because it can harm the liver. I just feel awful. I can only be up and around the house for an hour or so then I'm exhausted. Sorry to complain. Thanks for keeping me company.
Today was day 5 since surgery. I have almost no bruising but my ears are quite swollen and my face just doesn't look right...you know what I mean. My headache is still giving me a problem but not as much. Did anyone else loose their appetite? I'm not hungry at all but I know I have to eat. I also tire very easily. Up and hour and in bed an hour. Maybe I'm still recovering from the anesthetic. Anyway my neck and jaw looks amazing. I've got to get out and get a battery for my camera.
Tally01!!  I was worrying about you today!  I had no appetite for 5 or 6 days either, but not to worry it will come back.  Tiring easily is normal too.  Just be kind to yourself and ENJOY being lazy!  Your face is swollen and will be for quite a while!  Hang in there!  Kathy
No Mac, just this roaring headache. Thanks iamkathy01 for being here. I appreciate it more than you know.
Oh Tally you can also email me ANYTIME! Computer this week is all I've had the patience for! Are you drinking tons of water????
Lots and lots. I'm not a soda drinker so it's just water and tea.
Good Gurl! Tomorrow will be better! :-))
I did something to my camera and now it won't work. Probably just as well because I don't want to scare anyone. I took a shower this morning and tried to get out some of the gook around my ears. Didn't get it all but I'll try again tomorrow. I'm taking it real easy today. Bed then computer chair only today. My headache is still there but the Tylenol helps. Boy is my neck tight but that's a good thing. The only thing besides my head that hurts is my right side because that's where the scar tissue was from a first lift 20 years ago. Doctor said he really had to work around the scar tissue so I suppose that's why it's so sore. I bet I need a battery for my camera but I'm sure not going to the store looking like this.
Tally you don't have a Mac computer do you? Glad you are doing well. You are right tight is good! Take it easy and enjoy being lazy! I have! :-)))
Had the drains taken out this morning. I starting to get some swelling in my neck but that's to be expected. The headache is what's getting me down. I can't take pain killers because they make me jittery so all I can take is Tylenol. Doctor said the anesthetic can give headaches. Wow does it hurt. Has anyone else had bad, bad headaches after surgery?
I didn't Tally, but be patient and REST!!! I bet it will calm down! Drink lots of fluids and help flush it out! Keep in touch! Kathy
Tally!!!! You go girl! Back online after TEN hours of anesthesia! I am glad it is behind you and I know you are going to LOVE your results!!! :-))))
I've been reading some very scary things about neck lifts not turning out well at all. Lots of scarring under the chin and on the neck. having a neck lift had Does anyone know if there is much swelling around the eyes or black eyes? I didn't think there would be as much since that area isn't really involved.
Sorry for the weird sentence construction....
Hey Tally! Get yourself some help for a few days, not just one. You will need it. I am 5 days out and doing everything on my on today, but the first AT LEAST 3 days you need HELP!
Dear tally, I'm sending some cyber encouragement your way. I'm 61 and had five procedures three weeks ago yesterday (October 2), including a chin implant and neck "sculpting." The first three or four days were uncomfortable with a lot of swelling and soreness, but nothing that the prescribed pain meds couldn't handle. I really felt like I turned a corner on the fourth day and it's been smooth sailing every since. I think you're very wise to have hired the nurse to take care of you. I stayed two nights in an after-care facility and the help was indispensable. I couldn't have made it on my own, even with my husband there. You might want to check to see if the nurse would be available for a little while longer in case when the time comes you feel you need her. I know firsthand how nervous you are, but I honestly believe that--the anxiety and anticipation--far outweighed the reality of the whole thing. Sure, it's a big deal, but if you have confidence in your surgeon and you're in good health, as you said, and you've got some post-op help lined up, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Sounds like you're handling everything just fine. Once it's over with, you'll be so relieved and so happy. Good luck!