Breast Reduction 40 K - Tampa, FL

Hi, I'm 26 years old, I've had back an shoulder...

Hi, I'm 26 years old, I've had back an shoulder pain since I was 14. Before I was pregnant, I was a j, but I have not gone down. I've tried weight loss, they don't go anywhere. Running used to be fun for me, I miss it. I'm six feet tall and I weigh 244, I'm hoping to get down to 225-230 before my surgery. Insurance has approved my claim. I'm just waiting on my surgery date.

I'm both excited and nervous. The doctor said I need a free nipple graft. I'm worried about the appearance of the graft, but more worried about possible nerve damage from the weight on my shoulders.

Finally

My insurance was cancelled, so I could not get the surgery. I found a job in January and finally got health insurance so I'm back on. My surgery date is September 25th. I'm so excited, but I still have weight to lose! I'm actually really glad I had to wait, my daughter is now walking, so I don't have to worry about that. Does anyone have a survival list? What couldn't you live without during recovery?

Another set back

In really discouraged, I was laid off due to down sizing last Friday. I called my surgeon to see if there was any way possible to do it before the end of the month and they said no. However, I did find a new job very quickly. My benefits start in 30 days, so I guess we wait again. I can get on track to losing more weight.

Third times the charm?

So after yet another set back of losing a job, I did find another and I just gave my new insurance information to my surgeon. I should know within the next couple weeks! Here's to hoping no more set backs!

June 11th!

Finally I have a new surgery date. Thurs times a charm right? Hopefully nothing going wrong in that month and a half! I'm compiling a list of stuff that I'll need. Anyone have a free nipple graft?

A little over one month

I have one month a 8 days until the big day, so yesterday I went out and bought a bathrobe, some close in the front sports bras, and some tanks for recovery. A friend of mine was cleaning out her closet and gave me a bunch of business clothes that might fit after surgery, so I don't have to worry about spending a bunch of money on work clothes. Fortunately, we also have consignment shops where I live which I will hit after I feel better.

My mom will be flying in from Arizona to help me with my 2 year old, which I'm really excited about.

One month out

I'm starting to have second thoughts about this procedure. Is that normal?

10 days!

Well, 11, but since it's almost midnight, we will go with 10 days. The second thoughts have passed and I'm just excited. I'm looking forward to more efficient movements and more clothing options as well as how I am going to improve in my aerial arts. I'm not looking forward to being laid up for a month, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Pre-op yesterday

5 more days, I have decided to follow through with the surgery. I think I was just nervous. I know I'll feel better once I heal and I have been waiting ten years for this surgery! I'm getting a free nipple graft. I'll be the first case of the day and I'll be done by two!

Two days post op

Hey everyone, I had my surgery Thursday and I am so happy with the results so far, my back and shoulders immediately felt better. I still have my drains, Those are annoying. My pain is minimal and I'm happy

11 days post op

I had a free nipple graft, so they still look a little scary, one side of the left one looks like it's lifting. During my post op, the dr said it was fine though. I'm not sure what to do with them now. They wanted me to cover them with petroleum jelly covered gauze and change it every other day. When I called Friday, they didn't return my phone call requesting what to do with them after, so I just covered them with dry gauze.
Tampa Plastic Surgeon