Scars, Dents and Redness Left from Laser Surgery Months & Even Yrs Later - Tampa, FL

I had Erbium laser 2yrs ago when i was 53. After...

I had Erbium laser 2yrs ago when i was 53. After the surgery I was left with more scars only worse, a dent in my cheek, very noticable & a huge patch scar around my old scars. Not to mention all the redness for months after.

Pro none

Cons scars, dents, redness, pigment change

Went under for Erbium laser in 07. Doctor said he thought a level 6 was best, said to get it done in one shot instead of coming back and forth. He was the doctor so i agreed.

The first week i didn't sleep, hurt too much. For the next 2 weeks I noticed some parts of my skin looked redder and it looked to me that scars were showing up,then on my left cheek I noticed my skin had a brown dent & on my right cheek a huge patch that looked like a big round scar around my previous scars. I showed him them. At first he said it would go away.

When i came back because the problems looked worse he completly dismissed me. So nice in the beginning, said if any problem came up he could take care of them. Well problems came up & he acted like he didn't want to know me.

Updated Nov 11, 2009

Went to a doctor in Tampa for facial resurfacing for acne scars. He suggested an Erbium laser.

Horrible horrible results. More scars only larger than what i had, dents in my cheeks, pigment change & red for months. Scars all over my cheeks. Layers of skin taken off so it looks like I skimmed my cheeks along with texture changing. Now I get whiteheads & my skin feels thin.

I've been going through so many laser treatment to build up the scars along with IPL treatments for the redness & fillers for the really bad scars. Nightmare seriously.

I have gone throuh Fraxel 2 times, Smoothbeam 2 times, pixel 1, ipl for redness that helped. Affirm seems to helped a bit but its taking so long and their still so deep. What would you suggest? Fillers? more laser? I am at the end of my rope spending so much money only to be stuck at home. Hate looking in the mirror and only go out when i have to. Any suggestion would be helpful Thanks

Looked up more on Dr Jasin. Wish these posts were...

Looked up more on Dr Jasin. Wish these posts were up before i had mine done. I would have skipped Jasin and found someone else. Found out a lot more people had problems with him. Enter his door at your own risk. Still dealing with scars 4 yrs later. Horrible all my money goes to repair what he did and it's taking years. Makes me sick to look in the mirror now, i was much better before meeting him.

Nothing new to report except i'm still living with...

Nothing new to report except i'm still living with the scars. Trying peels now and had Fraxel dual that helped but i need more treatments. Going for fillers and peels now. Tired of the down time with laser

Wanted to fill you in on what's been happening....

Wanted to fill you in on what's been happening. Since my last post i went for Fraxel Dual. Had it done 4x's each spaced a month apart. Had to wait 3 to 6 months since the last to see any results. It's 6 mons now. I saw abit of a change but nothing to write home about. I probably need 4 more but because of how expensive they are I could get a face lift ! I started trying TCA peels at 10% & one at 20%. Their ok. Also started needling . That seems to work as good as some lasers but I still have a long way to go. I have an appt to see another doctor in June who is supposed to be good so I'll wait tit then before doing anything else.
Wanted to let you know about an exfoiant that works really great without turning you red or hurting your skin. It's called "Cure Natural Aqua" You put it on & wait 30 sec then rub lightly. The skin comes off in balls. It's amazing. I heard it helps with dark spots so this was just a FYI. thing. Check it out on youtube.com It was money worth spent.

Going in for mini lift, fat transfers & blue peel

Ok so it's a couple years later & all I've been doing is getting filler that's useless and needling which seems to do as good as fraxels. I had it. Now on May 1st I'm scheduled for surgery. I'm tired of wasting my money on a lot of fillers & I got a really bad reaction under my eyes from Juve.. That did it. So I went to a well know doctor here decided the only want to make the scars look better is a mini lift to pull them & a fat transfer to puff up my cheeks. Then having a blue peel since I tried all the others will little success. I think at this point I used up all my other options so I'm resorting to surgery. I was afraid of fat transfers too but I'm at the end of my rope dealing with this. So I will let you know if fat transfers & a mini lift help. I hope so cause I'm spending a fortune on this and I already spent a fortune all everything else I tried like oils, creams & laser & filler treatments. Wish me luck & I will give you my opinion after surgery if it helped. He said it would take at least 3 weeks before I see a difference in how I'll look due to swelling.

Update

God am I glad it's over. I was so nervous. Everything so far seems to have gone as planned but I'm still swollen so I have to wait to see. I was going to get a brow lift too but at the last minute he said he didn't think it was worth it for me to do that, that I can wait for it. I'm so puffy right now. The worst part was the dressings around my chin & neck area. Since I had drains in I had to keep the dressings on for 2 days & I'm so black and blue there. My eyes look really puffy, actually my whole face does right now so I have to wait it out. I did notice my little sag under my chin is gone along with the scars that were there & my cheeks look more lifted. the scars around my ears are gone too. He put them where they should have been in the first place so so far I'm happy. Just nervous once the swelling goes down & I see my cheeks, I hated the dents the most so I'm hoping to get a change in that area. Waiting is sooooo hard to do. If this doesn't work I'm done. I wouldn't know what else to do so I'm crossing my fingers and praying. Thank you so much for asking. I will def let you know how things go and if any of this was worth it.

4 Months out from Face Lift & Fat Transfer

So it's been 4 months since my surgery. The puffy look is gone. Looks a lot better in the last month. The dent I was concerned about is much better. Only see a hint of it. I had a dent in my nose that i got years ago that's filled in now & the dent by my mouth looks better, he straightened out my mouth, one side to me looked lower & now it's even. My 11 lines are gone too & scars on my chin look better, my chin doesn't look as long. So so far I am happy about the lift & fat. I'd like to get more in certain places or maybe a little filler in my scars but i like the fat look more than the filler look. It seems to me that the fat looks smoother than filler in my face. I still need to address some scars so i'm still needling once a month. I also bought the microderm md machine that i'll try out, just got it today. The stitches at my temple are healing, one is almost gone, still have a little on the other & the stitch that shows under my skin is going down. Still feel like i have to heal but i know that can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to be fully healed. I see my doctor again in Oct. I might get filler for some scars but at least i feel the face lift & fat transfer helped. Thank you for asking how I've been doing. I hope my experience can help someone know what they could be in for and thank you to all those who have asked & wished me well. I'll keep you posted.

Things that I did to try to get rid of my damage

After having damage done by Erbium i've had
7 Fraxel Restores... nothing
2 Smoothbeam laser...nothing
3 Affirm laser....tiny little bit but not worth the money
Fillers for scars, didn't like results, made scars look puffy or like a donuts
Microdermabrasion ... just got the microderm md machine & using Aqua Cure Exfoliate every few days, couldn't hurt
Needling... as good as fraxel, downtime a few days then healing starts. Got to give it time to see results.
Fat transfer... best for dents for me. Needed a lot of fillers so fat was my next option. I like it so far, better than fillers for dents and used it on 11's & to fill in chin area & nose dent from childhood Biggest bang for my buck
Lift... good, pulled my skin tighter to help lift the dents. Got rid of tiny turkey neck & lifted cheeks
Use vit e for eye make up remover, aloe, vit c. copper peptides once in a while, retin a once in a while always mixed with some kind of oil since it makes me sore. coconut oil, Trying some scar oil like Bio & Walgreens which is just as good or better. Thick oils make me feel like i have a mask on so now i just put thin oils on. Tried Olive, Almond & so many others that I don't even know how to spell their names.
Dr. Michael Jasin

He should have tried a lower level first to see what that would have done. Didn't help when problem arose. Rude Doesn't know what he's doing with facial resurfacing.