I Want Minor Rhinoplasty--don't Know if I Should Do It and Scared - Tampa Bay, FL

I like my face. Sometimes, I like my nose, but I...

I like my face. Sometimes, I like my nose, but I often hate it (at certain angles and especially in pictures). I broke my nose when I was young and the bridge is crooked- I also have a wide tip that I would like refined. I am scared of looking different or having a typical "cookie cutter" nose--I just want something subtle. Do you think I should do it?

Just to add,. When you see your favorite actors,. Look at their faces, Even teeth,. Steve Buscemi, what a mess,.What about Adrien Brody,. his nose is huge,. Imagine a little button nose on him,. Career would be OVER!. Ok they are guys ok,. Look at Female actresses,. Do you know the girl from Ferris Bueller and Dirty dancing,. Jennifer Grey, could not get acting gigs AFTER a nose job, and she was just fine before. Mess with your face and you will alter the entire course of your life, and it may not be GREENER on the other side.
You look great and I bet you have a great personality. If you are not happy with the outcome,. Watch your personality fly out the window along with your smile. If you are fine with your nose/face, leave it alone. There is no going back after the damage is done. A small bump on my nose that never bothered me, my mother pressured me to get fixed at 23. I was a singer in a band a few years earlier, afterward, the nose was set crooked because the doctor allowed someone the "Hold" my nose as he got the splint, and that person pushed it to one side. So then it was crooked, and I could no longer sing as I used to. Had a revision, told this doctor DO NOTHING ELSE BUT STRAIGTEN THE BRIDGE,. So what does he do,. He shortens my nose, so turned up you see my nostrils, which is NOT what a man should look like. My face makes me sick when I look in the mirror as my mouth is not crooked and my nostrils also hot horizontally lined with my face. I had a revision again, in my 40's, That cost me 8k, and he had the take cartlidge from my ear to correct my tip and bring it down a bit. It's better, but Still turned up and crooked. I'm 50 now and miserable. Do yourself a BIG FAVOR. you do not want your live to be lived getting one procedure after the next fixing something that was fine to begin with. Live your life and be happy.
Before my rhinoplasty I too had a love-hate relationship with my nose. After my experience it is my opinion that if you like things about your face now then leave it alone. I learned my lesson too late. That your nose works synergistically with your other features to create your own unique face and expressions that makes you look like you. One minor change can throw off the look of your whole entire face. I was very beautiful before my rhinoplasty, but now I just look very weird and odd, and I feel that I have lost my identity. Even my eyes have changed. It's been extremely depressing . Not to mention my surgeon did a LOT more to my nose than we had talked about. It's the biggest regret of my life and I long for my old face.
Absolutely agreed!
Hi there. First of all, you are a beautiful woman, enjoy it, be happy, and do not worry about minor details. There is no such thing as a perfect nose. I only say this, not because I am trying to judge you at all, but because i would like to save you from some of the drama I have been through (I have already shared this with a few other real self members, and I am starting to feel a bit like a broken record, but trust me, my intentions are good : ) I had a nose that I felt was a little to big for my face. It was more obvious as a child, but by the time I was in my early twenties, I had grown into it. In fact, people often commented (friends, family and total strangers) on how pretty I was. But I felt I sometimes didn't like it in certain pictures and in certain types of lighting (just writing this now I feel silly) so I had surgery with an excellent doctor who is considered an expert in the field. He was so low pressure and in fact told me I had a fine nose and a lovely face, but agreed to do a VERY SUBTLE refinement-which is exactly what he did. But here is the problem I never anticipated- those very small tweaks had a negative impact overall on my face. So, although my nose was about 20% nicer, the proportions of my face totally changed-and NOT for the better. Keep in mind, I was in no way botched or disfigured, I just became less attractive due to the new strange proportions. This has all caused me massive levels of anxiety which after 2 years I am learning to make peace with (while still searching for a revisionist) Ok, moral of the story, this is still a major surgery and I wish I had saved my money and enjoyed the fact that I was lucky enough not only to be healthy but also quite pretty. I think that your nose is actually nice and suits your face great That doesn't mean if it were altered slightly, you wouldn't be even prettier, BUT there are risks involved and even a prettier nose could change an already beautiful face, like yours, into something less unique and lovely. Sorry to bore you with the details, I am just telling you what I wish someone had told me. I was so secretive about my surgery, not telling anyone, as I knew that everyone would try to talk me out of it (oh, how I wish they did!!) You are really smart to go public with it before making a final decision. All that said, if you do decide to go through with it, I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery: ) Take care dear!
Thank you for starting your story here on RealSelf. I agree with bobinhood. Research, research, research your doctor. Here's a list of questions to ask at consultations. Please let us know what you decide to do!
You already look beautiful. Unfortunately for me, I too , like you, just wanted a small change and got an overhaul. I asked for subtle but got a totally new and worse nose that doesn't suit my face. Am so devastated and life really isn't the same. Be grateful for the beautiful nose you've been given (and it is beautiful) and embrace life and don't worry about it. No-one is perfect and a slightly amended nose won't make you any happier. Also, you think it is minor but it really isn't. My breathing and sense of smell are not the same too and they were perfect before. It really is not worth it as you look lovely already.
Agree with this. I wanted a subtle nose job and ended up with a worse looking nose, breathing problems, and a need for a revision. The emotional and financial toll are devastating. I feel like I was robbed of a year of my life. There are no guarantees, and its a very risky procedure with numerous potential complications even if you go to the best surgeon . Everyone's face is a little asymmetric/has imperfections.
please listen to lotusleaf. there are several people who wanted "subtle changes" who ended up with hideous and overdone noses. Rhinoplasty is very, very complicated. it's not something that's as simple as people think. I had a nose that i disliked because of my hump and wide tip, but after the my surgery my face has turned into something i regret looking at everyday. I wish everyday I could go back to my old nose, and I would never ever do anything cosmetically again! I now have to seek a revision to fix what this surgeon did to me.
I feel for you. One of my nostrils is not the same as the other. It was also better how it was before the surgery. I contacted the surgeon in Thailand and they didn't want to know me. Not even for corrective surgery. Well..I didn't want the same doctor ever to touch me. SO..im still looking for a good doctor. Im not happy with YANHEE HOSPITAL IN BANGKOK. .my nose is still the same size. .only a bit distorted. .unreal!..THIS doctor did under 1000 surgeries. .not all rhinoplasty. One nostril feels like it was worked on and the other not. PLEASE GUYS MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD DOCTOR WHO KNOWS HIS FIELD OF WORK. .THE HOSPITAL STAFF AND FEES WERE EXCELLENT.
You are already a very beautiful girl and your nose looks fine on you but if the job was done very skillfully, I believe your nose would look better and you would go from already beautiful to STUNNING and sophisticated on a way (not that you aren't already). Either way, I could see a case for having a rhinoplasty done, but only if you go to a VERY skilled surgeon. Have you gone to Dr. Denenberg's website? It's facialsurgery.com and just go to the before and after photos. I am only 5 days out from mine with him, but I really liked his before and afters and he has an EXCELLENT bedside manner, etc. If you want you can email him your photos and he will make a computer simulation of what he has in mind for your nose and see if you like it.
And it's free for him to do that for you. Just email him and send your photos from various angles.
Hi bobinhood, could you please give me dr denenbergs website, as im looking for a good rhinoplasty surgeon to correct my botched up op in Thailand.thx joe