Curious on Weight Lifting - Tacoma, WA

So growing up I was always an A cup, a few years...

So growing up I was always an A cup, a few years ago I gained a lot of weight and got to a C cup. And now, after losing 69lbs, I'm hardly an A cup again. But they look worse now because they were stretched out a little.
I'm very into weight lifting and exercise and am dreading the post OP healing and scared in wont be able to lift like I use to.
I don't want to go any bigger than 350cc, maybe 300ish.
What is everyone's average healing time? To where they can be normally active? And does anyone weight lift as well with their implants? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Hello! This was the hardest part for me too. It was no running for about 4-5 weeks, and no weights for about 6 weeks. I run every day and it was very hard for me too. Weights are fine after time, if you go under muscle you will always feel them when you lift, but its not a painful thing, just know they're there. So for the weeks in the beginning I just walked, put the incline up, etc. and still wear good sports bras. Go for 350!!! Mine are 300cc, sometimes wish they were just a little bigger. Well worth it. It was about 2 months til I felt human again and could do everything again. But I'd do it again too! :)

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! Do you have surgery scheduled yet?

Here's what doctors say about healing time after getting breast augmentation.

Good luck

So I'm scheduled in a week for my breast...

So I'm scheduled in a week for my breast augmentation. I am so excited yet the only thing I am nervous about is the size. My issue is I do not want to go too big. I am planned in 400cc in the right and 425c in the left but am terrified that I will be a D cup. I am thinking maybe 375cc in the right and 400cc in the left now. I am barly an A cup now and I just want amazing looking breasts that aren't too big.
One more week!
Thank you so much for the feed back!!! I'm still debating on the size and I was planning on 400cc & 425cc but I'm scared they will be too big. I don't want to be too self conscious walking around the gym lol.

Two more days till my surgery. I am getting so...

Two more days till my surgery. I am getting so excited and more than ready to just start healing.
My surgery is on Thursday! Good luck! You are super tone, so I'm sure you will look amazing with your new assets!
I'm a runner and my PS told me that I can go running at 2 weeks post op wearing a very supportive sports bra. Not long distance, of course but a few miles is fine. 6 weeks to resume any heavy lifting/normal activities. I know it can get confusing, so I think you should let your body be your guide afterwards. I'm so excited for you! Good luck on your surgery!

Well, had my surgery yesterday. Lots of pressure...

Well, had my surgery yesterday. Lots of pressure and tightness. My but is sore from laying on my back

Well today was my full day of having my new...

Well today was my full day of having my new boobies! They are of course still swollen and very firm. I wonder when the firmness will start lessening. I went in for my post OP and they just took off my bandages that were over the incision and evaluated them. Everything looks to be healing fine just from the day after. I have another post OP in a week.
As for the pain, it's mostly just some random sharp pains (mostly in my left one), the obvious tightness and pressure. But all in all, even once I got home from the surgery I was able to go to the bathroom by myself, I wasn't so out of it or anything. And today I got myself dressed, very slowly. And walked around quite a bit. I probably should have been resting more but I actually felt real good, energy wise.
I'm just looking forward to being able to go shopping for new tops. I move too slow because of the discomfort right now other wise I would have tried today lol.
Oh yeah, as for size... I went 400cc in the right and 430cc in the left. Ill post a pic from right after surgery but ill post more when I can comfortably change.
Under the muscle and saline was used.
My PS used a quick recovery method and I was running at 10 days. Thank god! It was a bit before I could do push-ups and back to Insanity, but it came with time. You'll love them... Best of luck!

Well it's been 4 full days since my surgery. I...

Well it's been 4 full days since my surgery. I feel amazing. The day after surgery I was already walking around and the second day after surgery I walked over three miles with no problems. There was some discomfort, the typical pressure and some random sharp pains but other than that, I have a lot of energy. The 4th day I was able to straighten my own hair. Today I French besides the sides of my hair. I have a very good range of motion in my arms.
I think I am having a speedy recovery because of how much I exercised and how healthy I am. I've had a very pleasant experience. Not sure if I mentioned my sizes but here are the details:
R-400cc
L-430cc
Saline, high profile, under the muscle

I very pleased with the size. For me, it's not that I wanted "big", I just wanted something there. With how wide my frame is, I could have gone bigger with it looking "too" big but oh well... I'm very happy with everything. Other than eating like crap while I'm out of commission lol.
Don't do any heavy lifting for a year. Tell you ask your Surgeon to be sure it's ever safe to do heavy lifting ever again. You don't wanna risk hurting your muscle.

Well today is day 9 after surgery. I've been to...

Well today is day 9 after surgery. I've been to the gym twice since. Done walking on the elliptical, did the recumbent bike, some abs and today I did some light bicep curls. I was curling 25lbs and 30lbs PRE surgery. I knew I had to go light so I started just with 12lb dumbells. Seemed to be just fine an I am able to isolate my muscles so I didn't use my pectoral muscles. I am more than anxious to go hard at the gym but know I shouldn't and probably couldn't go as hard as I want. Tomorrow I'm going to have "leg day".

O yeah... I have a question... Did any of you gain weight post surgery? I'm not sure if I'm retaining fluids, am bloated or just straight gained weight after surgery but it sucks ass. Lol my stomach is all bloated.

All in all, it's been a great experience.
I have been lifting like crazy lately, 7 days a week, in an attempt to get in all I can before surgery. I do weight training, yoga & Pilates and have been concerned with how I will do hamstring curls on weights post op. After researching new Pilates techniques I have found that there are so many you can do using the ball and with the bar & band that are very low impact and can help you maintain your fitness shape during the crucial post op days of no lifting! I am hoping this will get me through until I can get back in the gym full time on regular routine! I enjoyed reading your review, always nice to connect with people who have the same concerns! Fitness is not often a concern on here. As for the weight gain post op, I have seen so many ladies who were super bloated post op, one went in to surgery with killer abs and day 3 post op looked 5 months pregnant. From what I have read it is normal, due to the IV fluids & meds they administer during surgery and goes away in the first week or two. Not looking forward to that at all. But knowing it is normal helps a bit in my mind!!
I was back at the gym a week after surgery. Was doing light duty of course but I had a quick recovery.
I forgot to add i will prob never be able to do chest again because i dont want my new implants to start going out to the sides like my old ones.

6 month update

Wow it's been way too long since my last update. I wish I would have updated more.

So I was back at the gym a week after surgery. Of course on light duty. Was doing the bike for cardio. I actually started doing the stair master as well.

I was curling only 8-10lb dumb bells at first. I gained a new appreciation for leg day. I went pretty normal on leg day.

I just started working out my chest again. Doing bench press and everything else. I still actually have all my strength I had prior to surgery. I am quite pleased with that. It just feels foreign sometimes. I think I was running maybe 8 weeks out.

My recovery was amazing.

I am only. 36C but I am very happy with my results and they look very natural.
I've booked my surgery in dec very nervous! Can anyone bring some light into how running is with implants is ?
I know it's been a while since you had your BA. I am scheduled for late November. My body build is similar to yours and I am a gym addict :) I like to compete in mud runs, ect. My question is...do your implants distort when moving your pecs?? I am scared silly about this. My PS said that I had enough breas tissue to go on top of the muscle but I am afriad of rippling, ect. You look FANTASTIC by the way!!
Thank you i am very happy with my results. My first b.a yes i had major displacement and you could see it through my gym clothes. My new ps did a awesome job and i believe he dissected the muscle more toward my cleavage and i have slight displacement but not obvious like before. I would be nervous about overs, but i think silicone may lessen the chance for ripples
Dr. K. Dehghan

One of my girlfriends had got hers done there 3 years ago and is still very pleased.