Tip Rhinoplasty Revision - Sydney, Australia

I just had a rhino revision after 3 unsuccessful...

I just had a rhino revision after 3 unsuccessful surgery. It cost me this much. I did it in a clinic under twilight sedation. Took 4.5 hours in the operation. It was suppose to take only 3.5 hours.

I think the sedation wore off. I woke up slightly and could feel what my surgeon was doing. It was aweful and very uncomfortable experience when I was half awake feeling the pain, the needles piercing thru my nose n ear, a cut on my ear. It was so scary.

I could not breathe but the whole time I played in my mind of waking up n running away from the theatre. I felt my hands were bound. I could not get up. I was suffocating away. I could not swallow as well. My throat was hurting badly. I felt I was going to die but also struggling.

I kept saying I cant breathe. is it finished? It is over? My surgeon hushed me. But I think they injected me with a lot of sedation. Finally, when my surgeon n the assistant told me it was over, I was so relieved. But I felt so much pain on my nose n ear. It was so umcomfortable. Could feel my whole face has been punched badly.

Anyway, they sent me to a room for me to rest. I was so cold. They heat up the blanket for me. I slept till almost 6pm. when the ops was over, I saw the clock pointed 4.30pm. I must have felt asleep ard 11pm.

They called to wake up to feed me, but I did not respond. I could hear them, but could not wake up. This vietnanese assistant kept coming to my room n always calling my name to wake me up. I tot she was motherly, but she didnt behave like one. She is loud all the time.

I managed to wake myself up for food n water bc ny throat was hurting badly. Before I left the clinic, the doc came to see me n explained what he had done. I was not fully sober to hear what he said. He cleaned my wound both my ear n nose. It was lots of pain. he then asked me whether I cd breathe. I said I had difficulty breathing the whole time. He,then used his surgeon light to shine thru my nostril n discovered he left 2 gauze still in there. He pulled them out. the hurt stinks like salt touching the wound.

After that, I could breathe with ease. Imagine I hv gone home with the gauze left in my nostrils. The whole time I wd hv difficulty breathing.

I m not sure he is good yet bc today is only my 2nd day post op. He is a korean. I read koreans r good in tip plasty. I hv to wait for the swell to subside for me to judge. He seemed experience. He seemed to know what he is doing. At this stage, my whole face swells pretty badly. I hv bruises on my right eye. The bruise spread to my left eye now.

My lower forehead swells too. Most likely more thAn a wk for my swell to go down 80%.

My advice based on my experience is to go on a general anaethestic rather than twilight if any ops that is gg to take more than 1-2 hrs.

that is what i thought as well, but the tip is every broader and worst. i wonder it will go down, but maybe it might take probably more than 1 week to settle down. it is hard to complain to my doc only just after a few days. my recollection of the 12 Jul surgery, the tip and the bridge swell for more than 10 days.

now, i really look worst than before. after the surgery and injection, my nose seems to look like a undulating dough grow on my face.
last monday on the 7th nov, i went back to my korean surgeon to correct my nose bridge. apparently, the bridge moved to the left side of my face causing my face to look more imbalance; i already have quite a non symmetrical face. thank god, it was a minor surgery and all done under close operation.

now the result - i m back swollen again both the bridge, the cheeks and my tip is even broader. he injected steroid to reduce the broadness of the tip. not sure why the tip become so broad after the steroid injection.

does anyone get a broader tip after steroid injection? hopefully, the swell will reduce further to give me a more refined tip

That's interesting. I would think the steroid would prevent swelling.

I hope this ordeal is all behind you now. Let us know!

I just gone back to adjust my nose bridge after my...

I just gone back to adjust my nose bridge after my gortex moved to the left of my face. Now, my left eye is swollen. The korean doctor replaced gortex with silicon. Is this a good idea? Just wondering.

I went to adjust my operation 3 times with this korean doctor. Hopefully this will be end of my nose surgery. I won't recommend him to do nose surgery. Scary

Today, i took out my bandage b/c it was so...

today, i took out my bandage b/c it was so uncomfortable. my shock - my nose bridge swelled and half of my face swelled like a pig's face. from the side view, my face looked like a helmet. this is the 2nd time i had to go thru this with the same doc.

i am utterly disappointed with him, and will never recommend anyone to him for rhinoplasty.
whoever is interested to know who he is, pm me. i will send the details
Hi Did you see Dr Andrew Kim?

He is meant to be good. Yet it sounds like he wasnt that great? How much overall did you pay for your nose job including the revision?
Yes I did see him, but he wasnt friendly and helpful

He could be good. I have not tried him. He is too expensive for me plus he is not friendly and his 28 yo vietnamese staff is rude. No, I won't see him again. If you ever see him, just tell him his 28 yo vietnames girl is rude.

My revision costs me less than $50 each time, and he didnt charge me for all the clinic fees when i went for revision. Anyway, it is not my problem that I have to go thru revision. It's all his professional negligence.
yes, u can pm me. but i don't think they allow u to disclose your email in this commentary.

Up to now, my nose gets worst. the cartilage has...

up to now, my nose gets worst. the cartilage has moved and it is protruding the flesh. now, my tip looks like it is sitting on one side of the nose. it looks weird now on my face with the nostril and tip not in the center. Bridge is too thick. the whole shape of the nose he created looks really bad. i can feel the cartilage on the tip and it is painful. this is not looking any good. it is really disappointing. I can't believe i have a nose created by him which is really big the reversed of what i wanted.
I am so sorry to hear your on going battle. I too went thru a very bad primary rhinoplasty with an inexperienced surgeon and suffered for 9 months. I am glad I didn't go back to the same doctor as if he did such a bad job the first time, I cannot trust him with my nose again...( it was many months of struggles to not to go back to him). Many people advise me to go back to the original surgeon as he is the only one who knew what he did but God was merciful and block that mistake. I went to another surgeon who was recommended by another ps I consulted with. I am so much happier with my new nose! I hope you can find another surgeon as this one will never be able to achieve what you want. He has proven that too many times! It's time to move on to a new doctor to give you the nose you should of gotten. Please do your homework... Go to as many consultation as possible. Learn from this ordeal and focus on the things you want to correct. But no nose can be perfect but you do deserve a straight dorsum that looks natural. You can even think of going to Korea, they do this day in and day out! Good luck and God bless!
thank u Sammie... I don't tell people of what I did. My surgery went wrong not only he didn't meet my expectation, but also his skills. the bridge moved and my implant eventually protruded to the tip of my nose. it was swollen. all i had to do was to go back and see him and got the implant out asap. otherwise, more complications would arise. this whole saga for 15 months i had to go thru caused so much fear to go thru another invasive surgery.
Beauty Freak, I totally understand how you feel. I don't share my bad experience with my friends as I don't want to repeatedly answering questionssss that will remind me about my dissatisfaction of my nose. I agree with Sammie, try to consult more surgeons. I hope you have found a surgeon that you feel comfortable to let him/her to revise your nose. Hope everything goes well with you.

I had my whole implant and parts of the cartilage...

I had my whole implant and parts of the cartilage removed after the implant shifted and poked through the skin. My whole nose shrunk after the removal. After 1 week, the tip of my nose became very swollen. Now, my tip has broaden and i had a line depression on the tip. It looks like the nose is cut into half. My dorsum has gone down so much left the tip. Now my nose looks so bulbous. I went back to the doctor for review. He said i developed keloids. and he has to soften the scars by injections. I just had my anti inflammatory injections. I have to go back for another few more injections 2 weeks later, then monthly until my scars soften. Not sure whether the swell will reduce. Hopefully it will b/c the injections are really painful each prick. i think i have gone thru not only a long journey but also painful experience along the way. whoever wants my advice, send me a message.
Using gortex means that there is a risk that your body will reject this material because it is foreign and it sounds like it did. I think a good surgeon would stick to using cartilage from your ear or ribs as your body will accept it better. i hope you find a good surgeon to help you with revision and make sure they dont use any material other than your own cartilage
yes u are right. but i had gortex and silicon implants before. my body rejected gortex but not silicon. they said cartilage is good, but as long as yr body is altered to a new shape whatever u put underneath the skin, it will still reject. time is the essence in healing be it a foreign object or your own bones.
Hello, sorry to hear about your battle with rhinoplasty. I hope all is settled soon. I was wondering if you could tell me which surgeon performed your operation. This would be so helpful as I've been considering this procedure for a while now. Thank you in advance

Nose revision

I had another nose revision with the same doctor. He managed to remove the extra cartilage which caused the tip to swell up due to infection. He put in a new cartilage using my ear bone. The result was the left nose looks pretty alright, but the right side of the nose looks weird. My right nostril was cut slightly bigger b/c of the skin infection leaving my left nostril looks smaller which result my nose looking lopsided to the left. This is I can't remember how many times I went through the revision, and each time the result was not good. I have lost confidence. I didn't even want to take pictures of myself. Each time I went through revision, I was hoping it will be the last and final... but I think I have to fix my nose again since the nose doesn't look symmetrical. I am not sure when it will ever end. :'-(

Another revision

I consulted another doctor. The photos taken show that I have uneven and asymmetrical nose. Very bad situation. The other doctor said I need to wait for a few weeks to do another revision. Here I am another nose revision. I wonder when it will end my misery. The scar has become so bad, that i believe it formed its own shape.

I looked back at my previous photo, i looked so much better before this surgery. I wish I had not done the surgery. My nose is so badly damaged, that I have 2 scars visible to the public. i even have an uneven nostril. It's so embarrassing to have my photos taken. Look too weird. I deeply regret having this surgery.

I wish others to becareful. I might one day appear in the makeover show. who knows?
So who's the surgeon?
I have read good stuff about dr Chris Moss. Has anyone had an experience with him
I heard Dr Chris Moss is expensive cost ur arms n legs..no responsibility, wen problems he doesnt want to fix... google for Chris Moss and read the review before making decision to do the nose job wth him..

Another major revision

I had another revision yesterday. Had to recontruct my nose becoz my nose was not assymetrical, not straight & not in the centre. Took 4 hours & a bit. He had to take my rib to use as graft. He said i had so much scar in my nose. He had to thin down the skin & reused the scar to form the nose shape. The result is i am so swollen & bruised, but the nose looks symetrical. I now look funny, i will be wearing the splint till nx tuesday. He also insert internal splints in my nose to make my breathing easy which is true. My chest is really painful as he had to use my rib to construct the nose shape. I hope i will look okay next week, & hopefully this will be my last operation on my nose. I suffer such a deep phobia on going thru a knife again after so many failed ordeals.
Hopefully this time it will all be over for good, wishing you the best :) :)
Hope so too

My nose before the recent surgery

the nose is not symmetrical. you can see the tip of the nose went to the left. the right tip lost a bit of cartilage. resulted the right tip lost the support. the nose shape lost its definition and shape. correction had been done to the tip, but it still looked a bit lopsided. just that it is not as bad as before.

Nose after recent surgery

the nostrils are still a bit off centre. the first photo was taken on the next day after the next day after the surgery. looks very bruised and swollen. the 2nd photo was taken on day 5. the nostrils look more towards the centre but i doubt it will be 100% symmetrical.
Please update us about how your nose is taking shape, it's been a while and hope that recovery has been good. Thanks!
Hi there, Can you please message me and let me know who this Dr is? Regards
The doctor who fixed my nose is Dr Michael Zacharia. He is based in Bondi Junction.

His fees are relatively cheaper than other sydney cosmetic surgeons. However, I not sure whether he is a good candidate to perform nose surgery. But he is a responsible surgeon unlike other surgeons that i can name a few.