My Invisalign Experience - First Week - Sydney, AU

I am really not into this blogging thing, but I...

I am really not into this blogging thing, but I got my first invisalign plate yesterday and I can't stop reading other peoples reviews so im hoping to add some insight for other people. I got my teeth cleaned yesterday and I had a gum infection too. So my teeth would not stop bleeding and so it was really embarassing to be putting in my invisalign plates because it would just be holding the blood and i looked like a vampire! I called my orthodontist and he said it is normal because i just got my teeth cleaned and it should be gone by tomorrow (it stopped last night, thankfully!).

So last night was my first night of wearing them. What I dont love is the fact that i have one of the 'buttons' on my front right tooth, so it makes my Invisalign a bit more obvious. But hey, I'll live. When I woke up this morning to brush my teeth and took them out, it was such a relief on my teeth! My teeth felt so sore and so sensitive. But when it was time to put them back on, I honestly felt like crying! It was so painful!!! But after about 20 minutes, the pain went away. But I bought some paracetamol to ease my pain throughout the day.

So I am on my second day right now. Theres moments where i think, "OMG! what have I done... I have 12 months left of this..." but by reading everyone elses reviews and from speaking to my friends, I am in hope that things will just get better.

My day to day job is in Sales so I was concerned about the lisp that i would have when I got my Invisalign. I am pretty self conscious about it and I am hoping that it will eventually ease.

But yeah, so far so good. I can even tell already that my teeth look a little better.

Note: My procedure cost was $6200AUD

Pic of my first tray - Day 3

Pic of my first tray - Day 3

Just a mini update - I'm kinda getting used to my trays. My teeth are still sore when I wake up in the mornings though, I feel like someone has punched me in the mouth.

Eating is becoming a bit of an effort, but it's good because I'm eating only when I am ACTUALLY hungry!

I haven't been in a restaurant situation yet so that will be interesting. But yeah, so far so good.

Day 5 - Invisalign

Hello. I just thought i'd provide a quick update again.
I am happy to say that things have gotten much better! The pain has gone, I still have a bit of a lisp when I speak and when I say a bit, I mean a BIT. So I am not as self conscious anymore which I am happy about.

I am also finding it much more easier to put on my top tray in. I don't know if that's normal or if maybe I have done something wrong to it to make it easier? I am hoping not.

It's not great having to floss and brush my teeth after every meal but it has to be done. So I am getting used to it and its becoming more of a habit than anything which is good.

I am a bit confused as to how I am meant to clean my trays though? I have read a few conflicting articles; some saying to clean my trays with some toothpaste and toothbrush, others with just my tooth brush, others saying with a special retainer cleaner and others saying stay away from them. So I am hoping someone can provide me with some insight as to what is best?

I can smell a bit of an odour coming through and I am hoping its not reflecting on my breath too. Advice?

Tray 2

So I put in my 2nd tray tonight (of 30) tonight! I was so excited. I love the fact that every 2 weeks I change the trays because it gives me something to look forward to (sounds a bit sad, but true). I feel like it's a step closer to my perfect smile.

Right now I'm in a little bit of pain and I'm sure I'll wake up with a bit more pain and sensitive teeth, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I went out for dinner with my girlfriends tonight and some of them didn't even notice them, which is great!

I'm definitely getting more confident again speaking with them in. I still wish I didn't have a button on my right front tooth, but again - I just need to get over it!!

So, so far - so good :)

After 1 month...

I change to my new tray tonight. Its true, you get used to the invisalign.
But things that don't change:
- Still annoying if i want to eat
- I still get self conscious when I am talking to people that aren't aware of my invisalign, i feel like i need to tell them that i have it on because of the button on my front tooth

I know it'll all be worth it in the end.. but yeah. end rant.

5th Tray

I am on my 5th tray now. I feel like it is all apart of my everyday life now haha
I have also recently bought some Steradent to clean my Invisalign every night. At first I wasn't too bothered but it makes such a difference because now my Invisalign trays actually stay CLEAR as opposed to a murky yellow colour which was a bit gross.

The down side is that i used to be a lover of white wine, so it wasnt an issue for me to be able to go out drinking, but now I have turned to love red wine and I can enjoy it over a long period of time. Also when I go out, I have limited things I can drink.. but that is probably the worst of it.

Other than that, it is going well.

Progress