Over the big legs. Time to change.

After stalking almost every lipo review I decided...

After stalking almost every lipo review I decided it's my turn!

So in a nutshell
Inner thigh, outer thigh, and anterior thigh
$6000 (+$60 medication +$110 garment)
Done on 14/03/2014

I am 168cm tall and 72kgs. Wearing size 8-10 on top and 12-14 on bottom. Definitely caused a few dressing room tear ups I must admit. After few attempts to lose weight I have always lost off stomach,arms face first but my thighs still won't budge!! Very discouraging. So I'm taking the easy way out. Even though I have always thought surgery is cheating I have gone to the dark side because life is too short to be unhappy and kept back on happiness ...

Now, all my friends compliment my body but I just roll my eyes. How can I be envied if I think I'm the most grotesque boron half going around ? How can they not see what I see?

I had two consults. I suppose I felt really at ease in front of a plastic surgeon because my concerns with my body shape were instantly heard and acknowledges. Yes, finally someone who saids "Yes, I can see your thighs are disproportionate to the rest of your body....Yes it looks like it is genetic, are your parents big thighed too?"
But then yet again, these doctors want to acknowledge your problem so you pay for a solution. Hopefully we both win. I part with my precious dollars and doc stays in business. Win win.

3 weeks

3 weeks

How it all happened..

What to expect... Hmmm. I am chicken !! Like, can't take the sight of blood. Knowing I'd be awake under local was terrifying but the idea of fixing myself was just worth it.

Arrived at 9am after a long train ride (impossible to combat Sydney traffic to the city in peak hour). I was greeted, asked if I had any questions then whisked into the operating room. Doc marked me all over my legs taking notice some spots he said was a no go area because of my cellulite.

The nurse was really nice! It made a not so good experience something to laugh about. I tried to talk as much as I could to take my mind off things. After the IV drip was inserted I felt a bit relaxed, but not enough to fall asleep. I hoped to sleep through the procedure, wake up and see thinner legs.
Unfortunately not the case ... Grrr... Patience is the key.

2nd time lucky

I went for a12 week follow up. Doctor was not happy with the results. Going for a revision on August 19th!
Only saw a slight improvement on the outer thigh area. The one area I sorta didn't want to get done but the doctor said it would look odd if I didn't.

Also....

Oh! And it's free of charge lol forgot to add in that little surprise

4 months later

Day of revision procedure

I am so chicken. I don't know why but I was shaking during the whole thing. Started at9am and finished at 12.30. They strapped my arms to the table and I had a massive itch on my nose I asked a nurse to scratch lol (but she didn't quite hit the spot)

Doc ended up doing my knees ;) yay

My revision was at no extra charge too. Bit disappointed that I had to go through it again but hey it's going to work out - hopefully

Can't get up the staircase without getting on all fours. Pain is manageable. I'm not taking the prescribed pain killers because last time I almost fainted in the shower. Just taking Panadol. Will take pictures tomorrow. Back to work the day after that. Should be ok. I sit down but also get up often - a good mix. If I feel too sore ill most likely go home but we'll see.
Dr Shaz

MS a.m do u mind me asking how many liters or cc's of fat was removed ? And since ur revision do I see any results. I am almost 1 month in and barely see anything at all. I am starting to panic for sure. I am 5'1" tall and 145 lbs. my PS removed 5 liter which is a lot. I don't understand how I can't see it. I know I'm still swollen but should I see it Ateast a teeeeeny tiny bit ???
First op was only around 700cc. That's not much considering it was for 6 areas (inner, outer and anterior thigh. Revision the doc took out 1l. Again I'm thinking that's not much if you take into consideration it's covering 3 areas on each leg. I'm 5"6-5"7 and 164 pounds. I don't see much change.
Oh god I hope you get some change!!
Are you sure he knows what he's doing? Has he given any explanation as to why you haven't seen a difference. Is he not aggressive enough?. I am so scared I spent all of this money. It's a bit of a worry when he doesn't have heaps of before and after photos. Maybe I should've spent the 10000 with dr chan here in Brisbane but it's too late it's all booked. I'd lose everything wouldn't I? Anke tells me he is so great and a perfectionist and I don't need to worth but your outcome is a massive deal to me as I feel so bad for you, so sorry I'm stalking you!
I. Going to give it 3 months but yeah I'm just hoping I heal up nicely and shrink at the same time
I want to apologise about my comments above as they were ment to be a private rant I was having with ms am about my anxieties relating to my upcoming treatment. I didn't mean to name names as I post publicly accidently and you can't delete your post so this is the only way to explain. So if your reading this I'm just saying I've got nerves and doubts and worries probably like you all and should calm down and just see how it all goes. Sorry ms am for being so negative. I bet your just swollen and you'll get better results as time goes by.
wow Im seeing him in two weeks let me know what to do. Should I do It?
I think he's the best in sydney. Many other plastic surgeons don't like him because he is running a special and keeping repeat customers. He has the latest equipment from the US. His nurses are lovely too.
so you did it!!!! wow!!! I cant wait to hear how you went Ill pm you, you can answer when you feel better
Maybe best in sydney is a big call but definitely best from the 5 others I had consults with.
I was refered by a friend
3 to 4 months later . I see no results. Nothing, nada, zilch. I paid money I really didn't have for something I really thought would help my self esteem. I would be happy trying to lose weight, but my partner won't eat my bland diet food willingly every night ( I'd be happy with chicken and salad veges or steam veges every night) and he won't like me making two separate meals. To avoid arguements on silly things I just eat ordinary food but watch for portions and try adding healthier options like sweet potato mash rather than potato mash. I had a few missed phone calls from the clinic but I'd too scared I'd just end up crying on the phone. I don't see any improvement. The only thing I'm holding hope to is that I seem to take forever to heal. I still have incision marks. I accidently burned myself trying to use a waxing pot to my facial hair removal . I still have pinkish red marks where I had ripped off more than hair ... I'm telling myself if my skin takes 6 weeks to recover from some skin to fully heal then my lipo procedure will take a year. It really doesn't help tho I just bought my first home mid 2013 and am getting use to having not much money due to mortgage, bills, grocery shopping etc... I really thought that by borrowing this money to fix the last thing that stresses me out would help by overall self esteem issues.
Any updates ?
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.  What was your surgery and recovery like?
Still sore on outer thighs . But otherwise I'm putting it down to swelling. Hopefully I'm on the way to recovery that will lead to some results
Keep us posted on how everything goes :)