Over the big legs. Time to change.

After stalking almost every lipo review I decided...

After stalking almost every lipo review I decided it's my turn!

So in a nutshell
Inner thigh, outer thigh, and anterior thigh
$6000 (+$60 medication +$110 garment)
Done on 14/03/2014

I am 168cm tall and 72kgs. Wearing size 8-10 on top and 12-14 on bottom. Definitely caused a few dressing room tear ups I must admit. After few attempts to lose weight I have always lost off stomach,arms face first but my thighs still won't budge!! Very discouraging. So I'm taking the easy way out. Even though I have always thought surgery is cheating I have gone to the dark side because life is too short to be unhappy and kept back on happiness ...

Now, all my friends compliment my body but I just roll my eyes. How can I be envied if I think I'm the most grotesque boron half going around ? How can they not see what I see?

I had two consults. I suppose I felt really at ease in front of a plastic surgeon because my concerns with my body shape were instantly heard and acknowledges. Yes, finally someone who saids "Yes, I can see your thighs are disproportionate to the rest of your body....Yes it looks like it is genetic, are your parents big thighed too?"
But then yet again, these doctors want to acknowledge your problem so you pay for a solution. Hopefully we both win. I part with my precious dollars and doc stays in business. Win win.

3 weeks

3 weeks

How it all happened..

What to expect... Hmmm. I am chicken !! Like, can't take the sight of blood. Knowing I'd be awake under local was terrifying but the idea of fixing myself was just worth it.

Arrived at 9am after a long train ride (impossible to combat Sydney traffic to the city in peak hour). I was greeted, asked if I had any questions then whisked into the operating room. Doc marked me all over my legs taking notice some spots he said was a no go area because of my cellulite.

The nurse was really nice! It made a not so good experience something to laugh about. I tried to talk as much as I could to take my mind off things. After the IV drip was inserted I felt a bit relaxed, but not enough to fall asleep. I hoped to sleep through the procedure, wake up and see thinner legs.
Unfortunately not the case ... Grrr... Patience is the key.

2nd time lucky

I went for a12 week follow up. Doctor was not happy with the results. Going for a revision on August 19th!
Only saw a slight improvement on the outer thigh area. The one area I sorta didn't want to get done but the doctor said it would look odd if I didn't.

Also....

Oh! And it's free of charge lol forgot to add in that little surprise

4 months later

Day of revision procedure

I am so chicken. I don't know why but I was shaking during the whole thing. Started at9am and finished at 12.30. They strapped my arms to the table and I had a massive itch on my nose I asked a nurse to scratch lol (but she didn't quite hit the spot)

Doc ended up doing my knees ;) yay

My revision was at no extra charge too. Bit disappointed that I had to go through it again but hey it's going to work out - hopefully

Can't get up the staircase without getting on all fours. Pain is manageable. I'm not taking the prescribed pain killers because last time I almost fainted in the shower. Just taking Panadol. Will take pictures tomorrow. Back to work the day after that. Should be ok. I sit down but also get up often - a good mix. If I feel too sore ill most likely go home but we'll see.

3 month review