Green Peel for Scars/acne - Sydney, Australia

I have had really bad acne in the past and was...

I have had really bad acne in the past and was left with terrible scars. I could cover them with makeup but they would still show through. I heard about Green Peel from my beauty therapist and after seeing some before and after photos i just decided i might as well try it, since ive tried so many things! It did hurt when they rub the herbs in but its not the worst pain in the world, ive done 3 treatments (1 a month) and followed all the home care steps that ive been given and my scarr are pretty much almost gone, i dont need to cake my makeup on!! I think its definately one of those treatments where you need a very good and qualified therapist as well as making sure you follow the home care advice properly and dont slack off otherwise it probably wont work as well as it should! Definately give it a go!

They actually use a professional mixture (if im not mistaken it comes in powder form) and they mix it with some foam or cream and that's what they apply to your skin. The main powder has different things in it like "horse tail". For me it was quite uncomfortable the 1st time I had it done and fairly sensitive for a day or 2 after. It feels like pins and needles on your skin when you touch (not to your fingers but in your skin. When you touch after treatment it kinda "bites") My best description is that you look and feel like you have a sunburn. Now the second time I had it done (2 days ago) I feel like she didn't spend as much time rubbing the treatment in so I had far less "symptoms" less burn like, less biting, less discomfort. I wish it was more like the 1st treatment as I would have felt like I got more for my money. It is not a relaxing facial but I feel it is worth it. I don't have bad markings on my skin but I have worse acne in my 40's than I did in my early teens and 20's and when I had this done I didn't have a single spot for at least 2 or more months. It is definitely worth trying once anyway for all the skeptics.

Whoa, it cleared your skin for 2 months?! That definitely would convert me to a regular user too! Please keep us posted on what results you are seeing this time around.

I always love reading when someone has found a good treatment to help with their skin! You mentioned that they "rub the herbs in". I'm not familiar with the process, is it a herb based substance they put on you, or do they actually use some sort of fresh herbs? I'm assuming its a lotion or liquid form?

Im on day 2 of my green peel and her description is spot on with pins and needles. Its actually kind of muddy and yes its natural herbs that theyre using which is whhy they call it a green peel according to my esthetician. I have really acneic skin and lasted about 4-5 min. Of it being rubbed in. It stung like heck-it felt like tiny shards of glass was being rubbed on my face. Even when I washed it off. Its my 2nd day and it looks like a pretty bad sun burn. Im olive toned and my complexion is dark red. No peeling yet but im not ssupposed to start peeling until my third day anyways. I was given directions to dab on everything. No scratching, or sun exposure especially during peeling process. Also no makeup! For five days, which is kind of a drag but hopefully well worth it.
I feel like I have to tell anyone that is doing this to get rid of old acne discoloration, to even skin tone etc about what I used following my peels. At the Spa I got the peels done at, they started me on the Obagi Nu-Derm System. The system has a bleaching cream, and trentinoin cream which is a retin a for acne. Using this system along with getting peels was amazing. My face is evening out and is brighter and ive only been on it for 7 weeks. They say it takes 18 weeks for your skin to totally transform. Check it out Im totally obsessed. BTW I also found out I can do green peels at home. Once you have it done in a spa you know how its done and its pretty fool proof. I got mine on amazon.com and its exactly the same. Only costs $75.00 for a jar of the powder that i would say probably has 50 peels worth in it.