Fraxel Left Tiny Holes All over my Face and Texture Change - Sydney, AU

I am nine months post my fourth Fraxel and my face...

I am nine months post my fourth Fraxel and my face is covered with tiny holes left by the laser, and they seem to getting more prominent as the months go by.The only place where the skin is smooth and normal is around my eyes, where you can see the line of dots following where Fraxel has touched me.
I also have developed a brown blotch in the outside corner of my right eye, I have small brown spots also appearing under both eyes in a line that seems to follow the fraxel. Also a dark area is forming on my upperlip, it kind of looks like a shadow under my skin as someone else mentioned on this site, and is getting also more prominent.

These are not from the sun as I never go outside longer than five minutes when I ride my bike to work or drive to shops and I wear physical sun block everyday. I wash my face first thing in the morning and put sunblock on straight away, even if I'm inside the house all day.

More so I am so pissed off about these bloody holes tattooed all over my face, they are so visible in my bathroom mirror, where the natural light comes from the side. Five months ago the holes were only visible if the sun light came in but now they are visible even on a overcast day. They are hard to see inside with normal lights on, as I suspect they are too soft but daylight reveals the horror. My skin is so porous it looks like I have the skin that has aged ten years, and it is getting worse. I truly believe this laser has accelerated my skin ageing and basically gave me more damage that sun would do in a decade. Ironically I have always shied away from sun, never tanned and always used sunblocks religiously because of the fact that I would always burn so easily.

I am 30 year old and have suffered from acne since I was 18 years old. It left me with scars on the cheeks and for years I struggled with it. I was so embarrassed of my skin. I finally decided to seek more information about laser treatments and googled about Fraxel, how it works and more importantly, is it safe? I finally went to a consultation in Sydney ( Facial Rejuvenation Clinic) to find out more about this procedure. I had the consultation with the doctors assistant, who basically gave me the sales pitch of how wonderful amazing Fraxel is and how safe it is!

I remember being very anxious of any possibility of negative effects on my skin, and asked few times about the safety and possible adverse effects. Her answer to this was that Fraxel is very safe, there might be a slight chance of hyperpigmentation that usually resolves itsel in time and that it just might not work that well on my scars. Not once was I told about the adverse effects such as texture change, fat loss, sagging skin etc. About these I only learned when I was googling skin damage after Fraxel to try and find answer to my own problems and was horrified of the amount of damage this laser causes.

I eventually sent pictures of my skin to the clinic and later met the doctor who armed himself with the assistant who did my treatments and then began the over half an hour arguing on his behalf. I went there to discuss my concerns but he just argued everything I had to say. He first of course claimed he couldn't see any holes, and tried to explain me how it is impossible to Fraxel to cause any holes. Then he contradicted himself first telling me Fraxel works by creating tiny microholes that then coagulates repairing the skin, but when I later asked if it is possible these microholes did not close properly, he then told me Fraxel doesn't cause any holes it only heats the skin.

All this time he kept arguing me, getting cranky and simply ignoring any concerns that I tried to bring across. He knew exactly what I was talking about and did his best to make me feel silly and paranoid and mocked me when I pointed out that my boyfriend also sees the holes in my skin, not just me, saying oh so your boyfriend said something about your skin and now you are just upset. What a douchebag!
I also said to him many times to open the pictures I sent him so I sould show him what I mean, as the light in his office didn't show my skin texture that well. Bizarrely he kept ignoring those request he clearly didn't wan't to open them. I told him that the reason I am so pissed off is that I was never told about this possibility and they should tell people he actually got a bit cranky and said that they don't have to tell people because it's rare!

I asked if it could be possible my skin just heals poorly as scars and blemishes stay behind for long time( once I burned my thigh in the sun and over six months later the line form my shorts was still visible, my partner saw it too pointing it out to me one time in the shower.) I didn't even manage to finish my sentence when he attacked me saying there is nothing wrong whatsoever the way my skin heals it healed from the Fraxel fine and that was the end of it.

I am waiting to see an actual dermatologist to get some help and an opinion what might be going inside my skin, I am fearing the damage is ongoing. I drink water and dring vegetable juices to try and help my skin but I fear it is all in vain. Hate looking at the mirror it is horrible. Never wanted to be a bloody model just wanted a skin I don't have to cover up. Funny before Fraxel I was happy with my face apart the cheek scars but now it is the entire face that is horrible. I can quarantee that if I would've known there might be chance of any ill effect I would have left my skin as it were and waited a better solution to come along.

I'm not surprised if we are all their guinea pigs in these clinical trials, who says they won't want to try something a new setting, a few more passes to just test how the skin reacts and then leave you deal with the effects while the doctors race to there little medical conferences with your file in their hand..

I had Fraxel restore. First two went great but I suspect the last two ( i did them four months apart ) did the textural damage. First two treatments were done with Fraxel 1550 and last two with Fraxel 1927 if remember correctly. Feel so sorry for everyone who has this happened to them, it is so infuriating and depressing at the same time.
:-(. Feel sorry for you. I did have my third fraxel dual 1550 procedure this week (one in december, one in january and this one). I can't tell what will be my results yet. Still to swollen and red for now. I'll let you know.
Good luck MontrealGirl46 let me know how you go.

13 months after Fraxel...

Well, the skin is worse. Tiny dots look very noticeable in the sun and the skin texture itself has gone worse, I still have the scars plus my entire face is covered in holes, like a mask. The dark spot under my right eye is changing shape and slowly getting larger. My skin is so porous it is horrible.It kind of looks like a scarred burn, maybe it is. Also lately noticed four indentations on my right cheek, they look like lines going up and down, not very long ones but they look like I scratced my self and left the marks. They are quite unnoticeable unless the light comes from the right angle, and they weren't there before.

Everyone has said that skin gets like that when you age, well my mother is 62 and her skin is smooth apart from few larger pores around her nose, my auntie who is 64 has a smooth skin, my sister who turns 40 has a smooth skin, they all have some wrinkles but skin is so smooth.I met four of my cousins ranging fon 26 to 31 and guess what, they have smooth skin. Some have pimples and acne but the actual skin, is not riddled with massive holes like mine.

Its summer here and so I have had the perfect opportunity to watch people in the sunlight, in town and no-one has the skin like I have now. Pimples yes, few scars yes, but even people in their 50s and 60s has better skin than mine, they might have wrinkles and it might sack a little, but the skin is smooth, where as mine is uneven, wrinkly, leathery and full of holes.It is so noticeable in sun specially when the light comes in an angle behind me or from top.

I went to see my old dermatologist who use to treat me for acne approx and last time I saw her as six years ago. I went in, told her my story. She never even had to come close to me to see the damage, she sat 1.5m from me and saw it from there. She said that nothing will get rid of those holes unfortunately, could try another corrective laser or dermabrasion but other than that, nothing will make my skin better. She does not do lasers herself so it wasn't in her favour in any way to suggest one.

She coudn't tell, if my skin is burned, thinned out, or what has happened exactly but she has seen few people with indentations from lasers and it was refreshing to hear her being so open about it, when in australia Dr Cussell claimed it's impossible and never heard about it.....

I told her how frustrated and angry I was, battling skin issues over ten years and then being lied to and damaged these horrible people. She just said that all you can do unfortunately is to get a new hobby to take my mind off it and don't look in to mirror anymore, she also suggested to use make up that they us in theatre to cover up and that way feel a bit better, and find other things in life.

That didn't make me feel any better I can promise you. How the hell do you get over it, it is my face, everyone sees it, I see it and even if don't it is still there!! I can't believe I asked every question and asked many times can this make my skin worse in anyway, and stressed out I don't want it if it can, and it happened. Just what I feared, it happened. Did they do it on purpose or what, was I a guinea pig? Or did I jinx the universe some how, asking these questions.

My partner just says oh well, it happened, you went there yourself and now just get over it. No one understands how I feel and I can't talk to anyone because they will not understand what it is like to look in the mirror and see that it's not you in the mirror it is the damage and everyone will see it, and look like you are some kind of freak. That's how it honestly feels right now. I am so tired and sad all the time, I don't want to have any social life because I am so embarrassed.

I caught my workmate staring at my skin, and I knew what she saw, my horrible scorched skin. She didn't ask, I didn't explain. I have lost all hope that my skin will ever be the same, I will happily keep the scars just get rid of this horrid skin.
Imagine if my skin is already worse than my mother, what will it look like in ten years time? I can't live like this it is eating me alive.

Hi Mandy12 I am from Victoria and I had one Fraxel Restore on my face, neck and chest about 2 yrs ago. My face is fine but my neck and chest I can see rows of very fine lines or holes as you describe all down my neck and chest. It is also red lots of now broken capillaries and irritation. I have tried every cream under the sun nothing helps. I am trying to sue the Dr who did this to at least get my money back from trying to fix this crap. I too am embarrassed and cannot handle the weird texture my skin is from this treatment. I went for a bit if redness now its redder, lumpy, irritated and weird lines. Like cat scratches perfectly all in a row where the laser has been. I have been to dermatologists and they blow me off saying its just ageing. Bullshit it is. No one I have seen yet not old people no one has this weird texture going on. I feel like a bloody freak. I am so sick to death of wearing scarves and I now dread summer as I cannot cover my chest or neck in the heat. I am now seeing a new skin doctor and she's trying Retin A for the texture. But I'm only allowed to use it twice a week because of the irritation. She wants to try a peel on my chest as it is now very rough but now I'm worried about that incase it just makes it worse. I'm due to have that done next week. But I will raise my concerns to her on the day. I'm sorry I wish I had am answer but so far I haven't come up with any myself and dermatologists don't give a shit when things go wrong.
I am so sorry for you, I know excatly what you talking about. I say lucky you for not having it in your face but I know you don't feel lucky at all. I have no answers I am so down i reckon I have hit the rock bottom and no one cares. I am looking for options out and there is only one, I fear I may take that step. I contacted lawfirm haven't heard back are they going to take my case, I feel the damage we have is not "big" enough for lawfirms to take, since it's only minor disfigurrement. I have been in pieces the last few days, I had to call to work I won't make it tonight because i saw myself in the mirror and I looked like a burn victim and I feel things are getting loose. I went to work yesterday and I only made it after taking three good mouthfulls of jagermeister. I NEVER drink spirits, and i have been very moderate drinker, but I woke up this morning, immediately burst into tears and i feared i will do myself off if I don't snap it with anything handy, alcohol.I have to see someone but the fear of being ridiculed keeps me away from the doctors. Please keep in contact and maybe we can at least sue them. that's all i have left
I can't believe there isn't a doc who want's to help us they are all about money and success rates, not about helping a patient. I sent an email asking help from one of the dermatologist centres in Sydney. I got an email back asking "is it our clinic where it happened?Who was the doctor? We can't find you in our database" I replied them that no it isn't your just need someone to help me with my skinproblems. Never heard back from them. Isn't it weird????

It's getting worse

Just about hit the rock bottom.. Pores so much more noticeable that before, even at work, the staffroom mirror made my skin look normal, it now is showing the holes. If I tilt my head back and sideways it looks as if I been in a fire, my skin looks like burn scars. I have a weird feeling something is not quite right with looseness of my skin either and that makes me panic big time. I see there is no way out, only worse to come. I never knew such a dark place, I fear what i will do for myself. Even my negative review was knocked back by True Local even if it was accurate , it's feels like in Australia money makers are free to do what they want and no one cares as long as money comes in.

Are you able to get to Victoria at all? I see a Dr Teska at Skin Temple Clinic in Melb and she so far has been the only one trying to help my problem. She also had a woman from Sydney go see and she was left with Keloid scarring from Fraxel. I'm not saying things can ever go back to normal but she will try her hardest to help you. You can find Skintemple Clinic on google. I have also sent you an inbox message with my email address. It will be far easier to keep in contact by email.
Hi I would have to try and get there if she really tries, it is so hard to find a doctor who will help! Thanks so much I will google it! I already emailed you let's keep in touch

Almost 16 months post and things are getting worse/=

My skin texture is really going down the hill now, no matter how gentle I am with my skin and I have stayed out of sun like an obsessed freak.
The holes are just getting bigger and some of them are turning into little slits. Skin texture is weird, not just holes but orangepeel, and when my face moves these pores turn into thin long lines. It looks as if I have a mix of burn scar tissue and deleted tissue, plus i feel my skin is just ageing fast. I feel like I am trying to stop a heavy train that just keeps going forward and forward even though the breaks are on....

This Dr. Garry Cussell and his assistant Rosita in Sydney have destroyed my young skin entirely and not ones have they contacted me how is my skin after I complained. They are horrible people and know damn well what these lasers do. I can't even be sure that the machine used was real Fraxel, they say what they say and all you can do is take their word for it. Stay away from them. I am now left to deal with a something that I am not sure I can deal with. They said it is normal ageing baha what a joke! I am scandinavian who has always shielded herself from the sun and no ones skin changes this radically naturally, it is all laser caused damage and it ate my healthy collagen and replaced it with scartissue. They call it new collagen and it is but it is not what you are born with, it is scartissue. Anyone who has found help please let me know, I can't deal with this anymore.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

HELP!

Oh my God it is just getting worse and worse what the hell did they do to me??!! THis is not natural ageing my old acne scars are nothing compared to these holes! Please have anyone had any improvement at all I can't take this anymore. They ruined my skin and dumped me what am I to do? I was already disterressed and embarrassed about my acne scars and this is what they did to me. Please help me I can't deal with this. It is now a lot worse than it was when I wrote the review, it is eating my skin and scarring like nothing ever could. I could've spend a year with no sunscreen at all and my skin would be gorgeus compared to this! THI IS NOT NORMAL AGEING!!

Mandy12, I live in the USA, so I can't speak for where you live, but I can tell you what I did. I had a medical malpractice (med mal),or it's also sometimes referred to as medical negligence (med neg). When I decided to sue I interviewed a the attorneys I had selected. You want to sit down and talk with the attorney, BEFORE, you sign anything. Also, I'd recommend not signing anything the day you talk with them. Give yourself some time to think the interview over. Here in America Med Mal attorney's generally take cases on "contingency". Meaning they will pay for everything out of their own pocket, and if you win,they will be rereimbursed for those fees, plus a percentage. Since they are gambling in you, the percentage is kind of high, generally 40% if you don't go to trial, and higher if you do. But 60% is higher than zero. The reason I tell you this is because it sounds like you have a totally legitimate claim. In order to sue to have to have permanent injuries, and you do. You have both physical and emotional injuries. It sounds like you were not properly informed of the risks prior to the procedure. Please research some attorneys. Find some that sound like they know this business, and schedule some interviews. Be honest with the attorneys, and tell them you are interviewing others. Lastly, the reason local doctors won't help you is because the original doctor screwed up so badly they think you'll sue ( and you should) and that they would have to testify against the original doctor. Please do not even think of suicide. There are better days ahead for you. There are breakthroughs made every day. Sue his arse, & make public what they did to you. XoXo from USA
Hi and thanks for your advice! I will call around to see if I can find someone who knows about these things and have a chat with them. In Australia it is pretty hard to sue them and proving malpractise is hard. Thank you so much for your help, what you said make sense ( about other doctors) . How horrid this world has become, when doctors throw patients under the bus to save their own skin. No courage or backbone, I bet their mothers and fathers would be ashamed their offspring. I will look into it and I let you know how it goes(= Thanks you are such a lovely person!!
Mandy12, "damage" doesn't just need to be physical. It can be psychological too. Speak to a med neg law firm (there are only a couple in Sydney i would bother with), they will send you to a plastic surgeon to assess the damage. As for the actual physical damage, yes, i see the micro wounds (although not as catastrophic as you may think), but i'm sure you will find someone who will be able to help you. A bit of professional advice for you - in future, ONLY stick to plastic surgeons. A plastic surgeon (as opposed to a cosmetic surgeon) has the years of training needed to produce the results that patients want, and to treat disfigurement. Whereas, anyone can become a cosmetic surgeon (even GPs!). As for finding a good dermatologist, Google reputable doctors from the major hospitals (eg. RPA, or St Vincents). They tend to have either clinics, or private suites, and are generally the most up to date with current research. Suburban derms i wouldn't even bother with.

Looks like the doctors are aware of how unpredictble lasers are!!

Check this out:

Bunch of phycicians duscussing about a case that was posted here in Real Self, and saying how they operate on Fraxel based on faith rather than knolegde.....

Mandy, I have been following every post and comment all of you have made on here and IPL damage for the past week or more. I have had the exact same issues you all have experienced. I have beautiful skin, but at 33 really want to stop the aging process (as much as I can) and take good care of my skin. I started using clarisonic two months ago and then stumbled up retin a. I asked my derm for a prescription and very carefully and cautiously started using it. Now, because I am so cautious about everything, I read EVERYTHING- good and bad- about retin a before using it. I read a few people say something about enlarged pores that wouldn't go away and that stuck with me. So after the 2nd time of using retin a I noticed these enlarged pores and freaked out. I thought it was the clarisonic making it worse, so I stopped that and put it on my face again. Again I noticed the pores. Now I was getting nervous. I might have put it on one more night after that- I forget. Either way, I stopped. It's been about 8 days or so without any retin a on my face. This is everything I have learned... First of all, this is what retin a did to my face... All of sudden my skin got greasy and very shiny. It got this weird orange peel look where my pores were open ALL over my face. Fine lines were everywhere and my skin looked weird- just dry and little lines everywhere. Wrinkles formed where they NEVER were before. Most noticeably the number 11 wrinkles between your eybrows. I have never even had fine lines there. This terrified me. Then on top of that I read all of these comments and threads about this never going away. I scoured the internet for all the info I could find and figured out what has happened. I can't believe no derms and no doctors anywhere have any answers. It's unreal. I believe the first issue is that the many of the people who are having problems have thin skin to begin with. I am pretty sure I do my because I have my grandmothers skin which is very soft and translucent. It's not thick but at the same time, it's never really been sensitive. I think people with very thick skin can get away doing all these treatments. Well, not us. So, it's a mixture of already having thin skin and then our skin being thinned even more by the retin a or the procedure. On top of that you add exfoliation of skin layers.. On top of that you had inflammation and on top of that you add dehydration. THEN things go really, really wrong because people flip out and do MORE damage because they exfoliate and do more peels and more lasers and more retin a and they remove more and more layers and the skin starts to dent and scar. I mean there are only so many layers of skin! So, this is how you solve the problem. Please spread the word because it works.. I know this for sure because it's working on me like a miracle. I know I am easy case because it's only been a week but my skin looked EXACTLY like all of yours... I saw the photos. This is my skin regime. First- do NOT do anything that will exfoliate the skin. I mean nothing. Not even vitamin C serum. Nothing. No rubbing.. no retin a.. no scrubs.. no procedures. Treat your skin like it has had 20 layers burned off. It probably has. This is what I have been doing with my skin and the transformation was amazing... 1. wake up and wash my face with extra gentle face wash by cellceuticals. using warm water. 2. very very lightly pat your face- ONLY ONCE. keep your face somewhat wet and definitely moist. 3. apply 100% emu oil ( make sure it is authentic) to moist/wet face. massage it in, especially problem areas. ( make sure hands are clean.) 4. On top of moist and oily skin apply a layer of skin barrier repair ceractive by cell ceuticals. You should have a thick layer of oil and cream on your face. Rub in very gently. 5. wait about five minutes and let the oil and cream soak in. Take a tissue and lightly wipe off any extra cream. If there is a certain spot you are concerned about, lightly rub in a little more emu oil into that spot. Gentle- gentle- gentle. 6. Wait about 30 minutes and apply sun block by *skin* ceuticals with zinc oxide. The zinc level is high in this cream and the cream is very nourishing. Zinc actually repairs the skin big time. I LITERALLY watched my pores disappear after putting on this sunblock. It was miraculous. It may not happen the first time. KEEP using it. Something about this sunblock works wonders. The zinc or the nourishing quality.. I don't know. But this sunblock made my skin dewy and the pores close. 7. wait about 20 minutes and apply oil blotting paper and rub the oil off greasy spots. Oily skin will make the pores seem MUCH MUCH worse and bigger. Trust me! That oil absorbing paper- although not really natural- really helps with the appearance of the pores and the orange peel texture. 8. at night do the same routine but no sunscreen. Continue this routine for as long as possible and do NOTHING else. I would say maybe after a few years if there has been no improvement, you could try some reliable peel or laser. But wait. And definitely stay away from any vitamin A type cream. My skin has improved in leaps and bounds in just the two or three days I have been doing this exact routine. My mom even came into town yesterday and I thought for sure she would notice my pores. Instead she said, "What have been doing to your skin? It looks amazing!! It's so dewy and poreless!!" I was SO happy and shocked!! I knew my routine was working because just a few days earlier my skin was a mess! These are gentle products and you will not mess up your skin by trying them. Good luck!!
Hi there and thanks so much for your support! I'm glad your skin is recovering you were very clever of keeping such a good eye to see the changes. I am using Psoria gold at the moment and have been super gentle with my skin however the texture is prob here to stay. I have holes which I believe are tissue removed too deeply and therefor cannot never recover, but I hope I can diminish some of the shininess and burn texture over time. That sun cream you use, does it wash off easily? I am very sun sensitive and I used invisible zinc but it was so hard to wash off, I can't use it anymore. Another normal zinc cream( non sport) either doesn't work or is giving me a chemical burn and it's a zinc cream. I need a good super star zinc sun cream that I can remove easily enough without washing my face five times , because even that didn't remove invizible zinc!
Hi Mandy, I had the EXACT same experience as the Facial Rejuvenation Clinic in Sydney with Dr Garry Cussell and Rosita. It makes me sad that this also happened to you and feel like we need to do something so it doesn't happen again. I am 12 months on from my Fraxel treatment and still have side effects very similar to yours. The main issues I have is the holes all over my face and also loss of fat under the eyes. I went back to the clinic twice, and Dr Gary Cussell simply tried to dismiss my complaints but I argued and he ended up giving me another free facial treatment - which didn't help. For the past 6 months I have been going to a new skin clinic who have been great, they put me on the Dermalogica 'Ultra Calming' skin care range which is for traumatised skin. This in addition to microdermabrasion facials which I am up to my 4th treatment and have seen results, they are $160 per treatment but worth it as it's your face...

Cutaneous Indentations

This is what I and others with holes in their skin have, it's from a study about lasers and adverse effects:

Case 4: Textural changes following long pulsed 1,064 nm
Nd:YAG laser treatment of perinasal vessels. The patient
was a 27-year-old Caucasian male who presented with
perinasal telangiectasia (Fig. 3A). The patient’s perinasal
blood vessels were treated with a Nd:YAG laser using the
following treatment parameters: l, 1,064 nm; F, 380 J/cm2;
tp, 13 milliseconds; SS, 1.5mm;sapphire tip parallel contact
cooling. The treatment was uneventful and resulted in
lesion clearing; however, 2 months post-operatively the
patient developed cutaneous indentations within the
treated areas (Fig. 3B). The complication was managed by
watchful waiting. Spontaneous resolution of these types of
indentations may occur after a period of 6–10 months. Nonablative
dermal remodeling may be attempted to improve
the indentations with infrared or visible light lasers. If the
indentations do not resolve, ablative laser resurfacing also
may be employed.
The complication occurred as a result of heat diffusion
and thermal injury to tissue surrounding vessels. This
complication may have been avoided by using lower
fluences, however, even with the appropriate selection of
laser treatment parameters, as in this case, patients can
develop cutaneous indentations

Omg! I was considering laser but after reading your post I will not be getting lasers ever! I'm so sorry you are going thru this! Have you seen a burn specialist ? Maybe they might be able to help you.
It should have been some straight away after laser but i had no idea then.
Every laser causes thermal heat and burns and every laser patient should be given burn cream after treatments to ensure proper healing. I was adviced to put paw paw ointment which is not good at all after treatments, as it actually locks the heat in the skin causing more damage. Burn cream could make all the difference in proper healing but clinics don't seem to like to give it or mention it to patients.

At 17 months after laser my skin is worse than it has ever been.

It's pretty gruesome to look at , holes are very large and its obvious they are permanent damage.

I can't sleep I can barely go to work nowadays. Anyone who wants to see photos before deciding to do this treatment contact me privately and I'll send you some.

For life of me I cannot understand why the laser technician at Facial Rejuvenation Clinic in Sydney had to go so deep I only had shallow acne scarring on my cheeks.I am pale virtually no sun damage and this bright spark decided to blast my face go figure...

I'm not the only person they have damaged and I kick myself everyday for being so naive to trust these people.

I also believe my setting were much stronger than I was led to believe, every treatment was agony the moment laser touched my face, but I was warned it will be painful so I thought it was normal .I have read that real fraxel restore should not be so painful specially on those setting that apparently I had.

No decent aftercare instructions were provided apart use sunscreen and don't use retin a based lotions for a while.

This clinic took no responsibility and told me fraxel drills holes in skin, then changed their story and claimed fraxel only heats the skin, it doesn't drill holes and therefor my damage cannot be from fraxel.

The medical records also claimed I had fraxel dual every time but that wasn't true either, I had first two with Fraxel 1550.

Why change my medical records?

I have a sick feeling the laser I received might have been completely different altogether, the painlevel and the handheld cooling hose makes me believe this laser machine could be a cheaper version or something else entirely. I can handle pain but I was amazed when others with great results from fraxel said they barely felt any pain.

Either machine was different or the treatment levels were way too high. On normal healthy skin only gentle way is the way to go, yet I was blasted every time pretty much same setting all over the face , lasers are for scar remodelling not to be used on normal healthy skin.

My entire life has been on hold , I don't want to see people anymore, I wash my face in kitchen sink to avoid mirror if I'm to function that day.

I made it clear to the woman I won't do anything that can potentially harm my skin and she swore it was safe and it would not harm me. I have panick attacks and severe depression and I dread waking up every day, I never felt this anxiety before . I was happy backpacker , enjoyed life and even if I didn t like my scars I never felt like this before , laser damage destroyed me completely, while they go on about their lives happy and carefree without giving a second thought
for the women they scarred for life.

Skin is just not right it is clear laser destroyed a lot of the healthy collagen and elastin and left me with icepick scarring all over my face. You can see the holes stop on one bit between nostrils, that's the one part she missed . I remember this because she said she is very thorough and will do even between nostrils, so I remember thinking we she did missed that bit, it was the only part in my face not pink from treatment.

Yep , stay away from this clinic find a doctor who is not in it just for the money and knows what they are doing.

Is it safe to get a chemical peel after laser damage ?
I know a woman here in Real Self is doing series of peels to try and rid of laser holes but she is I think two years past laser. Prob not a great idea if it's only been months since laser damage
Thanks I will wait.

At 22 months..

No improvement , quite the opposite. Facial skin severely damaged, deep holes from laser covering entire face like icepick scarring. Skin looks leathery and scarred, burned.

I only have acne scarring in my cheeks , but entire face was done with levels to treat scarring , not suitable for healthy skin.

I have had to stop working due to immense anxiety and depression due to damaged face. I no longer socialise and I cannot leave the house without a panic attack. All this is direct result of botched laser treatment, my life is robbed from me. All for a treatment that was marketed to me by he clinic as safe, mild lunch time procedure that would not harm my skin. Suffering acne is hard but suffering laser damage destroys your life, your dreams, future plans and relationships. Laser providers should be held accountable for negative results like this, lying about safety and then washing their hands off you when you end up damaged. I told the clinic I will not do anything that might harm my skin more, so they said it was safe to just make a sale. Nothing can heal your burned dermis it's for life, stay away from lasers and save your life.

Can you please take a picture. So I know what to perhaps expect? Eeep.
Is the profile pic too small?
The trouble with uploading pics in this sitecis that they are quite small, but i put one up, if it doesn't show I'll private email you some they come up larger that way.

Picture

Painful iPhone.. Loaded pic about my chewed up skin, wearing makeup and still shows, it's like that all over my face , very noticeable leather-like burned texture.
Hy Mandy, I have come across the best natural serum I have ever used that has completely changed my skin and my life..and I believe will make a vast improvement in yours...it's called prickley pear..it's full of omega oils and vitamin e and is one of the most healing and regenerative oils you will ever come across.. I purchased kenza pure prickley seed oil..is certified organic and you will notice your skin becoming plump and Dewey and even toned after the first couple of uses.. I have written to you before..one of the recommendations I suggested was a serum called mum brightening youth serum..well that has prickley pear it..and as I loved that so much and noticed a transformation i had never seen before with anything I have put on my face..i suspected it was due to prickley pear as i had never come across that ingrediant before..thought I would just buy a serum with that ingrediant only to maxinmise results..and well I was right!! this stuff is truley life changing..Im completely simplifying my skin care regime now..as trying different products is what got me into problems in the first place..so now I will be using this for life!..so so happy..please if there's one purchase you are going to make..please purchase kenza prickly pear oil or a certified prickley pear from morrocco..and see the changes I am talking about..you won't regret it!
Don't worry yet , eat healthy try and relax and stay away from anything harsh including retin a , scrubs etc. be gentle and try and not to freak out , anxiety inhibits healing. Do you have aloe Vera plant at home? It's great for soothing skin that is a bit sensitive I use it a lot as my skin doesn't like normal moisturizers anymore.

Picture2

I'm so sorry about your experience. Are you able to post a before laser and after laser photos of your whole face front on? Have you experienced any facial sagging or is it primarily the texture that concerns you?
Mandy, this is just heartbreaking, so very unfair. Surely, there must be some help out there. What about seeing someone who treats burn victims? You are still so young and our bodies have a remarkable ability to heal. I know it's not much comfort, but your story has stopped me dead in my tracks. Absolutely, no lasers. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
mandy - I just had my first clear and brilliant for the damage that the fraxel caused, I must say it picked up a lot of pigment, and I'm hoping its going to help heal the tiny holes. I am going to post pics 1 week after.
Dr.Garry Cussell

I felt there was constantly a push to sell products.I was not told about possible adverse effects or what could go wrong, and when it went wrong I felt I was treated like it was my fault, and it felt like there Was no compassion towards my concerns as a patient, refuses to even look at a picture where i could point out what I means with my concerns. Staff is very friendly and helpful they prob only do what they are being told by their employer. I felt the Doctor was very cold, had four treatments and he only saw me briefly before the first two, there Was over a year at least until third and fourth treatment , i Was never seen by the doctor before those treatments.