Swollen Eyes

Had a good experience with the original app., the...

Had a good experience with the original app., the woman I talked to was very knowledgable. The Doctor came in the room and explained the procedure, sat me infront of a mirror to show me what to expect from the lift, eye and neck surgery.

The clinic called and gave me a list of things to buy for after care.

Had the procedure done Feburary 10th,2009. The swelling in my eyes continues to be a problem. Three months later I have alot of swelling around my eyes every morning, that gets some what better by noon-2.00. I still have swelling on my cheek bone right under my eyes all the time. The scaring on my chin is all puckered up, and looks awful.

I have been back to the clinic once, and they said to give it more time. My doctor is no longer with LSL, and I wonder why!! I will be returning in the next month or so if things don"t get any better!

I had this done because it was time to do something for myself. I have fixed everything else that I have, and it was time for me to fix me.

I'm sorry that I didn't know about this web site before I did this. If anybody else would have advertized the existance of the care Credit card, I could have gone anyplace!

It didn't turn out as he said!

Does it bother anyone that they advertise a (comparatively speaking) low price for the 'Lifestyle Lift', but then almost every single person is sold lots of 'Extras', like eye procedures, lipo, laser, etc. DOUBLING THE ORIGINAL PRICE.

This is basically a bait and switch, you go in for an advertised 'lower priced' item that is advertised, but end up spending so much more in the end to get 'results'.

Look up News reports posted on YOUTUBE. Watch Dr. Kent walk out on a news interview.

Besides those Dr's there was a Dr Rachel and a Dr Parangao there also .I think they left in 2008..Both were facial Plastic surgeons I think only worked there 2x a month. I could be wrong. I've heard a Dr Kagan was working there, maybe Dr J mis-spelled the name or he went elsewhere? Ya have to follow your gut on these procedures& check out your Dr's. There are some good ones w/ the centers , as there are in any practice. Even board certified plastic surgeons need to be checked out. Good Luck to you.

Thanks for all the help and advice.
I was originally seen by Dr Shashikant , then was scheduled with Dr Joffrey and now its supposed to be a Dr keni. Wow what a turnover they have there. Needless to say I am canceling , too many docs in and out and too much disorganization. If it weren't for LSL 's own lack of organization I doubt if I would have ever researched this and found this site. Thanks ( guess I am out my down payment )but it sounds like it could be much worse.
DR Keni or Kagan? Maybe Kagan left? Is it possible you got the name wrong? Shash has been gone awhile. You must've really thought on this. Whatever you do, do your research! Good Luck
My Surgery agreement which I finally got after requesting it 3-4 times has dr Joffrey's name crossed out and inserted in its place is Dr Keni . Someone new ? I don't know and I guess I don't really care right now either. Lets just say I am very disappointed .
I have said since day 1 being on Realself, there are good doctors and bad doctors, including LSL.. & don't be as naiive as I was . I thought I checked out my doctor.I asked all the right questions to the staff there. In reality, I didn't know you could call a board to get information on a medical professional. I found that out after my 1st post op LSL from a Dr (plastic Surgeon) Bazell.. Nice man, but didn't know what was done to me, so he couldn't help. I still , almost 3 yrs later, don't know what was done to me. It's a shame I'm left suffering, as many here are, when all LSL corporate had to do, is give me a surgical report.They do advertize that all their lifts are geared individually for each patient? That should mean a surgical report on each patient, right? Instead of compassion for what we are enduring, I get slammed by someone that didn't bother to read all my posts. Had that happened, anyone can see, I am a former patient and blogged here since Nov. 07. One more thing...Dr Kotis would never stoop so low to place plants to get patients. I know that from one meeting/consult. If he wanted a patient to operate on, I was sitting right there & if he said he could fix my problems, I'd have believed him after checking out his credentials& hospital affiliations. He had the chance, but the man was honest & said my scar was too close to the face to do a revision & I didn't have enough skin to fix the problem. That was the extent of my consult w/ Dr K.... I just hope he doesn't hear how he was wrongly accused because I feel terrible, as he is an innocent person, only doing his job.. Ok, moving on.... Wishing you all good Health& Happiness
Thanks Chrise I just wanted to set the record straight. I have never even mentioned my LSL DR's name, why would I call another Dr bad, when I don't even know him?
Thanks you two. Why I was singled out & slandered by him for giving out the name he uses on his diploma, I'll never know. I think he should be grateful. If a patient were to call either the MD Plastic surgery boards or the D.O borads, he'd not be listed due to the name being wrong. That ,in itself, would lose him a patient- or more, right? If I knew a patient could call & check on a DR before I had the LSL, I would've done it. I can assure you being a plastic surgeon was a big selling point for me. I didn't know & mine wasn't board certified, so I believed him& his staff when they all said he was. I'm not trying to dishonor him by implying he's using ficticious names, I am only reading from his diploma to the women that asked. At first I thought they had spelled it wrong, til I got personal email saying it was correct. Geez, you try to help& get bit in the arse.
I know the feeling. Try to warn folks that this lift just does not work for everyone and take a personal flogging. Read the Doctors Q & A Area -- Dr. Penderfield put it best with "The Emperors New Clothes" article that he wrote. I do hope other women do their homework before considering doing a LSL to themselves and find realself! I know that I would never had it done had I found realself and that some Dr.s "FREELANCE" and have their own office and do practically the same lift from their office. Amazing!

I want to assure you I am a real LSL patient. I do NOT work for Dr K or any other Dr. I have said repeatedly when asked, do your homework& check out your Dr. I didn't know this was possible when I had the LSL done. Had you took the time& reserched what I blogged here on Realself, you'd have seen all my problems I had from that procedure. I was promised more than was delivered, bigger scars, incisions, no nerve damage& unfortunately all that was promised to me, that wouldn't happen, did happen. I have desperately searched & gone to Dr's to find out why I have terrible pain in my earlobes & what was done to me, since there was no surgical report done on me. All this after begging LSL to tell me.Over a year, they put me on hold& never tried to help me. The Dr's answer to my revision of my pulled down sewn earlobe, was to sew my right earlobe to my face to make it look even. Is that a remedy that you would recommend?

I can assure you the only reason that I listed your real name was because we that post here were asked how a potential patient can check out a DR.It was never intended to make you look as if you are going by a false name! I went on the LSL website, diplomas & saw your name was different than what the 2 woman asking us for help, were spelling your name as. I simply corrected that. How do you expect a patient to check on a Dr. if they think his name is something else?

I have also stated on this website that there is another board certification for D.O.'s. Doctors of Osteopathic medicine & gave that website out, as did others here. My intent there was to tell women that D.O's weren't always, if ever, board certified by the ABPS & could be certified by the D.O. board. I never knew that until recently. That would've actually helped you.

I feel you not only questioned my integrity, but accused me of being a plant for another Dr& that hurt me. No matter what your name is or will be, a patient has a right to have the proper tools to look up your board certification. I , in no way, shape or form insinuated you were a bad surgeon. I never met you, my procedure wasn't done by you, nor have we talked here. I never even mentioned my LSL DR's name or location. You totally misunderstood why I stated your real name..I'm sure, as a good doctor, you don't get offended by advising someone to get a second opinion . I don't understand why you were so upset by that& it's not my buisness why you are changing your name. I don't care. But.. a future patient may care alot to call a board& find out you are not certified because your name was given incorrectly. Chances are you might lose that patient, because all of us were told LSL hand picks their doctors & only hires ' The Best Of The Best Plastic Surgeons". To a lay person we think a plastic surgeon is someone that went to med school to be taught only that. Plastic Surgery. WE all have heard that many docs, derms, gynes, etc go to a class & can call them plastic surgeons. We, as patients, ask if a Dr is a Plastic Surgeon& if told yes,believe he went to school to learn that. In my case ,I am left with terrible pain& still to this day, can't get help, because these doctors don't know exactly what was done to me.

I apologize if I somehow made it seem you were not a good Dr. In all honesty, there are good& bad in everything& I wish I had the tools years ago to check on my Dr. I just grew up w/ parents that insisted we respect people in authority& that includes doctors, so I believed in what my LSL Dr & all the employees& techs told me. You mentioned I act like I know too much about LSL. No, I wish I did, maybe I'd get the help I deserve. But, I assure you I do not work for Dr K & now feel I have to do damage control because you questioned his integrity & accused me of working for him, the implication being I was put up to this by him & that is so far from the truth. He is an innocent person in this posting you made & he was slandered.I saw him once& was impressed & wanted this site to know it is their faces& to be cautious & get second opinions.

I am glad to know things are looking up ' since you got there'... Your words. The concept, price are good. In the right hands of a skilled & caring Dr, LSL could be a womans anser to her dreams. I am just tired of being looked down upon becuase I have big problems w/ my procedure, that, BTW, I was told would be a tiny incision in my ear. If breast augmentation can be done through the belly button, I had no reason to believe this couldn't be done thru a tiny ear incision. Unfortunately many woman have had bad results & corporate doesn't seem to care& act like we are disgruntled patients, expecting the ' fountain of youth'. Not true.

If you still don't believe me, I'd be willing to meet w/ you at a neutral location to show you my scars& results& paperwork to prove I am a former patient. Name the dates & times & as I said, I will prove it to you. Again, I will say this for all to read. I have no opinion of how skilled you are, I am not your patient. I will say I haven't seen anything said that was negative towards you. Perhaps writing your credentials on the LSL website , like you did in this post, will reassure future people. There is also a section where you can join& answer patients questions, like so many doctors do here. Again, let me know& I will be willing to show my results.

Bits, I would not let this supposed doctor upset you, as he/she stated -- you really don't know who you are responding to. I know who you are and how hard you have worked to educate others about what can happen if they do not educate themselves about what can happen if you go through with this lift. I also know that Bits does not work for any doctor. Why in the world would this doctor get so upset about the correct name being used? Everyone has the right to look up the Doctor under the name being used at the time of procedure! That is just plain common sence. Evidently you made him angry.
Dr Placik is listed here on Realself. I didn't see him because his expertise seemed to be in a different area, altho, I'm sure he is good. He IS a Plastic Surgeon& answers many questions here on Realself for bloggers. You can look him up here under the Doctors. Usuakky the good srgeons are expensive, but it is your face/ I wish I had waited to have it done right, altho, I nebver knew where I was being cut. That was cleverly minimized by LSL
Yes can you sent it again I had trouble opening them Thanks Linda llasoya16@earthlink.net
I heard someone say he sucked, Their words, not mine. I know he is a neurologist, but not a neurosurgeon. ONLY knows about nerves, but doesn't operate, a n-surgeon operates. This takeover doc was trained at the medical director for LSL i think in San Fran about a yr, but I have to wonder about that. If I absolutely had to choose, it would be Kagan. He's board certified, but JUST got his certification. Tough call.... I still wish you'd see Kotis for an opinion. He's more expensive, but you will get a great lift, no problems like we all got. Have you contacted that lawyer on the class action suit? When is your surgery? I hope you have someone w/ you. Did u have Shashikant? He messed me up& another girl I met here & we reported him to the state medical boards. They interviewed him& his lawyer& determined they lied, so moved our cases up to the review board, which is a miracle. If you decide to report him, LMK, you can bypass the process & have my medical investigator talk to you. It was easier than I thought...Just remeber this. I was offered a revision by S. He said releasing my earlobe was too dangerous, but they offered me a P>S there at the time. He wouldn't do it. Shash said he'd sew my other earlobe (rightone) to my face. That was his revisional cure! I know why now. I saw that Dr Kotis& he said Shash made my incision so far from the ear, there isn;'t enough skin to close. I always wondered what was so dangerous, now I know. Think S coulda told me that, instead of paying out of pocket consults to seek help? Heck no, he didn't care at all..
Linda Did you get it? I sent both attachments
Linda, I have a PDF on both dr's you wanted, but the link above wouldn't go thru. It's a file, so I need your real em address to upload it. Click on my username & write your email addy& I will get it right out to you.
llasoya16@earthlink.net
I mentioned a Dr Kotis above. I want to clarify any misperceptions that one sentence may have caused. I saw this DR & he has credentials off the chart. He is highly experienced, a board certified Plastic Surgeon, very personable, confident,HONEST, and compassionate. I only wish I found him 3 years earlier & knew what I know now.I'd have w/o a doubt spent the extra money& had this done the right way & probably would have lived happily ever after... I don't throw Dr's names around ever& in fact haven't mentioned my LSL Dr's name. so for me to say this, is huge. Always do your own homework 1st though. I am not a doctor , nurse or in the medical profession. This is just my opinion after a consult w/ him. He only charges $50.00, but he spent alot of time with me... Well woth it, in spite of him not being able to help me. That's not his fault. Due to the placement of my incision on the left, he stated their just isn't enough skin to re-do it. The kicker is now I know why my LSL DR said a regular revision would be too risky & said his remedy would be the sew my right ear to match my left misplaced one that was sewn to my face. What happened to the 'Hippocratic Oath'?? Unreal!! At least Dr Kotis is an honest& very talented doctor..
Does Dr. Kotis do mini face lifts? Do you know His prices?
Linda, He just joined the practice& is not even listed on the website yet. He says he is a board certified plastic surgeon& got his degree at a large teaching university in Chgo. It looks like it was just a year ago ...It was too late to call the ABPS, so I don't know for sure & know nothing except what LSL claims & have seen his BIO stating board cert as of 08. Hang in there ...
I'm not sure about the spelling, I'll try to find out. Thanks

Hmmm, Is he the new plastic surgeon that just joined w/ Dr J? Is he an MD or DO? Can you get his correct spelling & I'd be happy to make a call for you to find out.I know the last 2 surgeons left there recently, one an ENT, the other BC-PS... I know of a great PS in Arl. Hts...He teaches, is a speaker, has credentials coming out of his ears, is a nice guy, was honest saying my incisions can't be fixed. He's more money, but I'd bet my life you'd be HAPPY.... Let me know, whatever you need, I'd be happy to make a call. I have all the board numbers easily at hand

Hi, is that PS in Arlington Heights, IL by any chance Dr. Otto Placik? I met him and was very impressed, but a little put off by the price of a mini facelift. I made an appt. for the Lifestyle Lift but reading these comments, I'm coming to realize you get what you pay for. What do you know about Dr. Placik? Thanks much for your help!
Does anybody have any imformation on Dr.Kagen(cagen) in the lsl office in Shaumberg Il.?