Rhinoplasty!! Excited but Also Scared! - Swansea, GB

I've wanted this done since I can remember i'm 22...

I've wanted this done since I can remember i'm 22 and i've always been so self conscious! just over 3 weeks til i have my operation! I've had breast augmentation with transform and excited but also very scared! I'm scared that i'm going to regret having the operation even though i've wanted this for so long!

Me before my operation

As you can see why I want the operation, I want the hump removed and the tip made a bit smaller. So the countdown begins 3 weeks and 2 days to go.

more before pics

Here are some before pics

big changes!!!

So I have had a tattoo to signify such a big change in my life.... I chose marilyn monroe because she is my ultimate idol, beautiful woman, I chose to have half her face as a skull to signify the skull as the old me and marilyn as the new me. Im making this change for me and for me only. I have had bullies bringing me down over my nose all my life. Calling me names. I know deep down what kind of person I am and maybe I dont need to have this surgery but to make me feel whole as a person I do need it. 2 weeks tomorrow :) medical on tuesdayy !!! Its coming closer!!!!

change of op date & surgeon

Well I meant to have dr khan on the 29th of november. But I expressed my concerns that mr khan was very blunt and I didnt feel comfortable after seeing a lot of bad reviews. So I had a consultation with dr bassem nathan. I took my dad with me and we asked him lots of questions and he told me exactly what he would do. He said he would be very happy to do my nose. I felt a lot more comfortable with him and I seen a lot of before and afters which were exactly how I want my nose. So I am now scheduled 3 days after on the 2nd! I cant wait.

day before my operation!

Well I thought id update you with the kind of feelings that im experiencing. Firstly I am very excited, ive been waiting for so long and now its finally here its quite surreal. At the moment im on route to london im staying here overnight as my admission time is 7.30am. I am feeling pretty scared too, scared that im going to be in pain and scared that I wont like the result. Hopefully everything is gonna go to plan. I know that this is the right choice for me. Its brought out some feelings in me and other people in my life that I thought id never feel or see. Its a crazy feeling but even though I despise my nose I think im going to miss it!! Weird I know!! Also people showing so much concern about my operation is great really feeling loved at the moment!! Well il update u on how im feeling after my op. Wish me luck!! Xx

Its done!!!

Wow cant believe its all over with. The long road to recovery now. Only gonna write a short one as im quite drowsy. Worst thing is breathing its so hard to swallow and breath. But im not actually in any pain my nose is throbbing a little and I have a bit of headache pressure. Il keep u updated !!

day 1

Hey guys thought id write a little blog as im waiting to go home. I feel absolutly fine!! Had a bit of an episode where I was crying because I read having the packs removed from your nose was like having ur brains removed... just dont believe everything u read it was a weird sensation but not painful. I didnt have any pain relief til this morning. And my face doesnt look that swollen or bruised but hey its early days but so far everything has gone well. Was worried when I seen my nose it looks very upturned but thats the splint and the swelling and its expected so not to worried about it now I know that its a long process to see the final results. Il keep u all updated if anything comes up but if not il update u the day of my splint removal which is next monday the 9th!!! Thanks for your support guys I hope im helping a few of u who are considering or on the path to a new nose. Much love rach :) x

dried blood up nose :(

Feeling great however the congested feeling and being blocked up. Ive tried cleaning around the nostrils with sterile water however I think my stitches are covered with congealed blood so its making it quite painful. Cant wait til monday to take this splint off. Its soo annoying and itchy!! Then I will be able to have a nice hot shower or a bath and hopefully it will open my airways and get rid of these nasty scabs!!

Well ive put a picture up of before and after of the underneath of my nose. I am really happy with what mr nathan has done he has take away most of the cartilage and made my nostrils bigger. I didnt realise how small my nostrils were before and how big that lump of cartilage was at the end of my nose!!!

my splint fell off!!!

Well its the day before my splint was due to come off but it was hanging off anyway to I couldnt cope with it flapping in the wind and irritating me to I took it off. And wow I was an emotional wreck.... so many emotions I love what hes done. I got the perfect nose now. But im a bit worried as it seems I got 2 lumps of fleshy skin inside my nose. U cant see it unless u look underneath but I can feel them and they are uncomfortable I will be seeing my nurse tomoro in post op anyway and il discuss my issues. Well heres a few pics woww and my tip is still swollen at mo and it looks great

one year post op!!

Wow this has gone quick it was my new nose birthday yesterday. It was the best decision i ever made and i have got so much more confidence. Ive had a promotion in work met the love of my life and planning loads for the years to come. Im happiest ive ever been!
Dr Khan - Transform

Amazing surgeon dr bassem nathan. Hes made my nose perfect im so happy.