Donkalicious in 2015...Go Big (Literally) or Go Home! - 37 y/o ~ 5'7" ~ 170lbs

Hi All, I used to be in the itty bitty titty...

Hi All,

I used to be in the itty bitty titty committee and then it seems that I grew double D’s somewhat overnight, and in the years that followed the girlz kept growing. I guess somewhere in the back of my mind I figured the same would happen to my hips and butt, but no dice. So I’ve joke with my big booty friends about swapping some of my boobs for their curves, but of course it doesn’t work that way. I’ve even joked about moving fat from other parts of my body to my butt and hips…hmmm…now that can work! So although I’ve toyed with the idea for a little while, as Kevin Hart would say “shyt got real” when I watched LeslieMosko’s YouTube video about the BBL and learned of the RS community.

So, here I am with BBL/BL combo consultations scheduled for the first week of July with Dr. Dreyfuss (Chicagoland) and Dr. Jimerson (ATL). I will likely go with Dr. J because of his reputation, the reviews, and the photos I’ve seen, but Dreyfuss is close to home. Nevertheless, I do have friends in ATL, which would eliminate the cost of an extended hotel stay. Either way I’m hoping for a 2015 dunkalicious date and I’m excited about being a part of the RS community.

How many quotes before a PS is select?

My business mind is telling me to seek additional quotes, like from Dr. Cortes and/or Dr. Salama. I imagine they'll all be close to the same given the reputations and popularity of both. I already emailed Dra Duran for a quote. My problem is if you give me too many options and too much time, I'll get more indecisive and eventually nix the whole idea. I'm considering convenience of travel to and from my hometown, evidence of skills, and comprehensive costs of everything involved like places to stay for recovery. When it came down to the nitty gritty of it all, what were the main deciding factors in your PS selection?

Maybe I should just flip a coin...Jimerson vs Salama for BBL

I forgot to give my stats in my initial post, so I'm 5'7", 170lbs, and 37 in a couple of weeks. Measurements are 34-32-41. Anyhoo, I got a BBL quote from Dr. Salama. I spoke with Christina (very nice and professional) at his office, sent my pics and got a quote the same day. They are having an all inclusive special that sounds pretty darn good. Both he and Dr. J have impressive portfolios, favorable overall patient reviews, and friendly professional staff. My virtual consult with Dr. J is this Tuesday which I had to pay $50 for which will be applied to the cost of Sx. To reserve the date for Salama it's 10% which will be just shy of $1,000. It's $500 ($450 since I pd for consult) to hold the date for Jimerson. I really want it done next year and Salama has availability, but as of right now Jimerson is into 2016. Nevertheless, I'm not financing it so I may be able to get on the fast track list for Dr. J. So many factors play into this decision and I want to get it right the first time! I'll have friend and family recovery support with either location so I'm not concerned about that. I would love to hear from anyone who considered these two specifically...who did you choose and what was the main deciding factor?

Personal touches...Price differences...PS expertise

Had my consultation with Dr. Jimerson's office today. My patient coordinator, Randi, was very nice and professional. I appreciate the time she took to explain everything and her thoroughness. I definitely felt like this was a more personalized consult that the one I had with Dr. Salama's office. But of course, the latter is less expensive which in this case I don't equate with less expertise. Nevertheless, they both are still contenders. I have one more with a Chicago area PS on the 9th and then a deposit will be made and a date secured.

Boobs not bottoms

Ok so I went for an in-person consultation with Dr. Dreyfuss in Orland Park, IL last week. He was nice and his staff was very pleasant. He answered all of the questions I had, did a quick physical exam, and then his coordinator created the quote and walked through it with me. They only had a few photo albums to show and none contained bbl pics. I was told that those were in electronic format but b/c they were in the midst of changing systems and the storm the previous week delayed the transition, that those weren't available just yet. I did have them quote me on a bbl and BL which came to about $12k. My impression is that he's definitely more of a boob PS than a bbl one, and he seems to be pretty good at the former.

Deposit made…Date secured…Team Salama it is!

After much deliberation, I’ve decided to roll with Team Salama! Aside from the great reviews and results I’ve seen of his work, the warmth, professionalism, and friendliness of the EPS staff (especially Cynthia) was a true selling point. So, on June 11, 2015 I’ll be getting a few enhancements by way of a BBL, fat grafting to my hips, and lipo of my inner thighs. I am confident that Dr. Salama will do a great job and I'm super excited!

A couple current pics

I've got Donk Obsessive-compulsive disorder (DOCD)...this can't be healthy!

First and foremost, I really need to refocus and stop obsessing over this site and donks. I swear it’s addictive. Seeing ladies go through their transformations has me uber excited. So much so that I really want to move my date closer, but I have it scheduled for a time that allows me the most adequate recovery time. Gotta get these urges under control. Nevertheless, I did schedule an in-person consult with Dr. Salama for December, so that’s my “fix” for now.

At least this way he can get a really good feel (literally) and idea for what he's going to be working with, and we can get on the same page about realistic expectations. Besides, if I’m going to maintain being 20lbs over my ideal weight, I want to be darn sure it's absolutely necessary and that I’m doing everything in my power to prepare for a successful sx and lasting results. It also gives me the chance to meet everyone before I become a ball of nerves. ?

Is there such a thing as too much A$$?

I pose that question because my mom and hubs keep warning me against increasing my A$$ets too much. My mom’s favorite go to line right now is telling me not to overdo it like Wendy Williams did with her boobs; apparently Wendy says she wouldn't have gone as big if she could do it again. I’m not going to lie, I want a dramatic difference, aka, a DONK. Hence, my current self-diagnosed DOCD, but who wants to pay ten grand for it to just look like you’ve been doing squats?!?! Now I agree that I don’t want big, wide, and sloppy, but I do want damn…damn…and daaaaaammmnnn (in my Craig and Smokey voice).

Anyhoo, I’m attaching a photo of what I think is ideal and reasonable for my frame as far as “wish pics” as well as a picture of my current hips from the front. I know it doesn’t exactly work this way, but I’m thinking I’d like to get my measurements to 34-26-48. Nevertheless, seeing as though I’m 10 months pre, I’ve definitely got time to reconcile my expectations with my wishes. In the meantime, I’m looking into beginning a yoga and strength training regimen in hopes of not only being better prepared for surgery/recovery, but adopting a more active lifestyle overall.

OAN, I was in Dollar Tree yesterday and it does appear that a number of the bbl supplies can be purchased there. GTK!

If I can’t get all of this sh%t off my mind, I’ll at least get it out of my colon.

When the confidante has no one to confide in, they tend to seek other outlets. Hence, RS has become my escape, my “happy place” for getting my mind off of other things. However, considering that I’m 10 months pre, I don’t’ have much to contribute daily, but I enjoy reading the updates of those who have gone through or are a lot closer to their bbl than I am. Nevertheless, I decided that I need to do a cleanse of sorts to get my eating habits back under control b/c I’ve done the absolute fool this summer in the name of having enough fat for a good bbl. (I say this as I sip wine and nibble on cheese and crackers, while waiting for the hubs to finish frying pork chops!) Heck, I had enough fat out the gate to be honest and now I feel like I’ve over done it…correction…am overdoing it.

So, I bought the Bowel Cleanse by Renew Life from the health food store today (picture attached). Directions say to take 5 capsules in the morning with plenty of purified water. There are 150 in the bottle so that’s enough for 30 days. It also says you can take 5 in the am and 5 in the pm, which takes it down to 15 days. I think I’ll follow the former; there’s no rush. I anticipate starting the cleanse on Sunday (8/17) and providing an update about it after I’ve completed the 30 days. My plan is to get down to at least 165lbs in time for my in-person meeting with Dr. Salama in December. I’d rather him evaluate my harvestable fat based on that weight b/c that’s more in line with me being 15-20lbs over my ideal weight.

Flowers won't be the only things in bloom this May!

I have moved my date up a month to May 14th. The main reason is b/c I've been concerned with my initial 10-day healing time conflicting with a very important graduation I must attend this June. Nevertheless, as an added bonus this new date gives Ms. Lola Fox (that's her name) the entire summer to bloom and fluff. Hmmm...I foresee good times this summer b/c as Sarah Vaughan croons, "Whatever Lola Wants (Lola Gets)"!

Calories Cut, FitBit Flex on My Wrist, PT Sessions in Effect...Oh, and Waist Cinched

A month ago I posted about starting the Bowel Cleanse product. It was suppose to be a 30-day undertaking, but I only took it for 21 days. Nevertheless, there was definitely “movement” but I didn’t see any changes in my weight so I stopped taking it. In all fairness that probably has more to do with the fact that I didn’t change my eating habits. At any rate, I started a new product combo on Sunday (Trim Garcinia and Pure Mango cleanse) in conjunction with a reduction in calories (1400 or under) and personal training sessions. I also bought a FitBit Flex activity tracker and a waist cincher that I spent last weekend trying to get comfy wearing for 4-hour time intervals. I’m not sure that I’ll be able to handle working out in the latter, but my waist is 3 inches smaller when I’m wearing it. So, my short-term goal is to lose 7lbs by December and tone up a bit, but I’m ultimately doing all of this in hopes of triggering my motivation to get and maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle pre and post op.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

You go girl! Have you had your surgery as of yet? How are you liking your results?
Hey Hun, no my Sx isn't until May. Nevertheless, I foresee loving my results. I chose a great ps and I'm committed to going in good and coming out great!
I know that's right! Get it now! I'm trying to go in mid/late december....hibernate for the winter and then come out strong an swinging. lol. I'm going to gos Schulman who are you going to?
Lol! That's right girl, come out swinging! I'm going to Salama in the Miami area. I have heard good things about Schulman, very exciting!
I'm sure you are! I'm am soooo excited too! I've heard of salama and seen his work on this site. he seems really good!
Good luck!
Thx Hun!
girl you are so funny lol is there a such thing as to much ass? only if your ass is to big for your legs, than I would say yes. lol good luck
So true girl, skinny legs and a donk...not the hotness! That straight up looks like a donkey. Thankfully I get these thunder thighs from my momma, so Salama can proceed with sculpting an anorexic waist and colossal a$$! Lol
Lol yes he can get busy on that new booty lol I can't wait fake mine girl
Wait for mine *
Gd luck Hun just make it to ur body size
I agree ...go big or go home.....haaaaaaa good luck boo...ill be following you....
Following your journey. I love the go big or go home. Lol. Good luck to you. My sx is aug 18 with fisher. Almost a week away I can't wait. On the way to bootyland!!!
Yay for bootyland, I hear it's a great place to live! Lol. I'll have to live vicariously through your journey for now. Good luck!
My husband tells me I might as well go big if I'm paying this much money for my surgery but not too big!! So I very much agree with all you said. Good luck to you!
Yeeesss! May as well...go big or go home! I figure as long as my bum can handle it, fill 'er up! Good luck to u 2!
Yes great updates give us more!!!
Hey lady, reading your post were great! I've seen Dr. Salama profile before I didn't actually take the time to read up on him...im only interesting in a bbl but perhaps I will get a bl while I'm at it now that I read your post...I do have to gain weight in a short period of time if I want the procedure done in october or definitely beofre the year is out...I wanted my body by next spring and all set by the summer...but perhaps I will stretch it out if it means a better result. Where is Dr. Salama located and how long does it take to sit down after having a BBL procedure?
Thanks for reading my updates. Salama is in the northern Miami area. They advise not sitting for about 6 weeks post op, after the first 2-3 weeks you can sit for short amounts of time using a boppy pillow to keep pressure off the bum.
Thank you so much for this advice! I'm seriously torn now between Salama and Schulman. Ortega was my first priority but after researching he's 6,000 or so less then everyone else....thats scares me and makes me wonder why?! I'm a strong believer in paying for what you get and I want the best! Thanks so much again! You have no idea how much your post and pics are to just not me but to all to be BBL ladies. Your truly a god send!
Awww, thx. I'm glad that my info is helpful. One point, Salama won't do the BBL and BL at the same time. Jimerson in Atlanta will if he's a consideration for you. Nevertheless, it's my understanding that Salama will give a discount on whichever procedure you come back for after you've done the first with him.
Ok ok u cldnt go wrong either way. Dr.S has a great foundation to work with so you will be fine! Keep posting ok so we all can follow u don't leave us all hanging wondering where u are! Can't wait to see your enhancement!!
Thanks Hun! I'll be sure to keep updating. ;-)