Donkalicious 2015...#TeamSalama

Hi All, I used to be in the itty bitty titty...

Hi All,

I used to be in the itty bitty titty committee and then it seems that I grew double D’s somewhat overnight, and in the years that followed the girlz kept growing. I guess somewhere in the back of my mind I figured the same would happen to my hips and butt, but no dice. So I’ve joke with my big booty friends about swapping some of my boobs for their curves, but of course it doesn’t work that way. I’ve even joked about moving fat from other parts of my body to my butt and hips…hmmm…now that can work! So although I’ve toyed with the idea for a little while, as Kevin Hart would say “shyt got real” when I watched LeslieMosko’s YouTube video about the BBL and learned of the RS community.

So, here I am with BBL/BL combo consultations scheduled for the first week of July with Dr. Dreyfuss (Chicagoland) and Dr. Jimerson (ATL). I will likely go with Dr. J because of his reputation, the reviews, and the photos I’ve seen, but Dreyfuss is close to home. Nevertheless, I do have friends in ATL, which would eliminate the cost of an extended hotel stay. Either way I’m hoping for a 2015 dunkalicious date and I’m excited about being a part of the RS community.

How many quotes before a PS is select?

My business mind is telling me to seek additional quotes, like from Dr. Cortes and/or Dr. Salama. I imagine they'll all be close to the same given the reputations and popularity of both. I already emailed Dra Duran for a quote. My problem is if you give me too many options and too much time, I'll get more indecisive and eventually nix the whole idea. I'm considering convenience of travel to and from my hometown, evidence of skills, and comprehensive costs of everything involved like places to stay for recovery. When it came down to the nitty gritty of it all, what were the main deciding factors in your PS selection?

Maybe I should just flip a coin...Jimerson vs Salama for BBL

I forgot to give my stats in my initial post, so I'm 5'7", 170lbs, and 37 in a couple of weeks. Measurements are 34-32-41. Anyhoo, I got a BBL quote from Dr. Salama. I spoke with Christina (very nice and professional) at his office, sent my pics and got a quote the same day. They are having an all inclusive special that sounds pretty darn good. Both he and Dr. J have impressive portfolios, favorable overall patient reviews, and friendly professional staff. My virtual consult with Dr. J is this Tuesday which I had to pay $50 for which will be applied to the cost of Sx. To reserve the date for Salama it's 10% which will be just shy of $1,000. It's $500 ($450 since I pd for consult) to hold the date for Jimerson. I really want it done next year and Salama has availability, but as of right now Jimerson is into 2016. Nevertheless, I'm not financing it so I may be able to get on the fast track list for Dr. J. So many factors play into this decision and I want to get it right the first time! I'll have friend and family recovery support with either location so I'm not concerned about that. I would love to hear from anyone who considered these two specifically...who did you choose and what was the main deciding factor?

Personal touches...Price differences...PS expertise

Had my consultation with Dr. Jimerson's office today. My patient coordinator, Randi, was very nice and professional. I appreciate the time she took to explain everything and her thoroughness. I definitely felt like this was a more personalized consult that the one I had with Dr. Salama's office. But of course, the latter is less expensive which in this case I don't equate with less expertise. Nevertheless, they both are still contenders. I have one more with a Chicago area PS on the 9th and then a deposit will be made and a date secured.

Boobs not bottoms

Ok so I went for an in-person consultation with Dr. Dreyfuss in Orland Park, IL last week. He was nice and his staff was very pleasant. He answered all of the questions I had, did a quick physical exam, and then his coordinator created the quote and walked through it with me. They only had a few photo albums to show and none contained bbl pics. I was told that those were in electronic format but b/c they were in the midst of changing systems and the storm the previous week delayed the transition, that those weren't available just yet. I did have them quote me on a bbl and BL which came to about $12k. My impression is that he's definitely more of a boob PS than a bbl one, and he seems to be pretty good at the former.

Deposit made…Date secured…Team Salama it is!

After much deliberation, I’ve decided to roll with Team Salama! Aside from the great reviews and results I’ve seen of his work, the warmth, professionalism, and friendliness of the EPS staff (especially Cynthia) was a true selling point. So, on June 11, 2015 I’ll be getting a few enhancements by way of a BBL, fat grafting to my hips, and lipo of my inner thighs. I am confident that Dr. Salama will do a great job and I'm super excited!

A couple current pics

I've got Donk Obsessive-compulsive disorder (DOCD)...this can't be healthy!

First and foremost, I really need to refocus and stop obsessing over this site and donks. I swear it’s addictive. Seeing ladies go through their transformations has me uber excited. So much so that I really want to move my date closer, but I have it scheduled for a time that allows me the most adequate recovery time. Gotta get these urges under control. Nevertheless, I did schedule an in-person consult with Dr. Salama for December, so that’s my “fix” for now.

At least this way he can get a really good feel (literally) and idea for what he's going to be working with, and we can get on the same page about realistic expectations. Besides, if I’m going to maintain being 20lbs over my ideal weight, I want to be darn sure it's absolutely necessary and that I’m doing everything in my power to prepare for a successful sx and lasting results. It also gives me the chance to meet everyone before I become a ball of nerves. ?

Is there such a thing as too much A$$?

I pose that question because my mom and hubs keep warning me against increasing my A$$ets too much. My mom’s favorite go to line right now is telling me not to overdo it like Wendy Williams did with her boobs; apparently Wendy says she wouldn't have gone as big if she could do it again. I’m not going to lie, I want a dramatic difference, aka, a DONK. Hence, my current self-diagnosed DOCD, but who wants to pay ten grand for it to just look like you’ve been doing squats?!?! Now I agree that I don’t want big, wide, and sloppy, but I do want damn…damn…and daaaaaammmnnn (in my Craig and Smokey voice).

Anyhoo, I’m attaching a photo of what I think is ideal and reasonable for my frame as far as “wish pics” as well as a picture of my current hips from the front. I know it doesn’t exactly work this way, but I’m thinking I’d like to get my measurements to 34-26-48. Nevertheless, seeing as though I’m 10 months pre, I’ve definitely got time to reconcile my expectations with my wishes. In the meantime, I’m looking into beginning a yoga and strength training regimen in hopes of not only being better prepared for surgery/recovery, but adopting a more active lifestyle overall.

OAN, I was in Dollar Tree yesterday and it does appear that a number of the bbl supplies can be purchased there. GTK!

If I can’t get all of this sh%t off my mind, I’ll at least get it out of my colon.

When the confidante has no one to confide in, they tend to seek other outlets. Hence, RS has become my escape, my “happy place” for getting my mind off of other things. However, considering that I’m 10 months pre, I don’t’ have much to contribute daily, but I enjoy reading the updates of those who have gone through or are a lot closer to their bbl than I am. Nevertheless, I decided that I need to do a cleanse of sorts to get my eating habits back under control b/c I’ve done the absolute fool this summer in the name of having enough fat for a good bbl. (I say this as I sip wine and nibble on cheese and crackers, while waiting for the hubs to finish frying pork chops!) Heck, I had enough fat out the gate to be honest and now I feel like I’ve over done it…correction…am overdoing it.

So, I bought the Bowel Cleanse by Renew Life from the health food store today (picture attached). Directions say to take 5 capsules in the morning with plenty of purified water. There are 150 in the bottle so that’s enough for 30 days. It also says you can take 5 in the am and 5 in the pm, which takes it down to 15 days. I think I’ll follow the former; there’s no rush. I anticipate starting the cleanse on Sunday (8/17) and providing an update about it after I’ve completed the 30 days. My plan is to get down to at least 165lbs in time for my in-person meeting with Dr. Salama in December. I’d rather him evaluate my harvestable fat based on that weight b/c that’s more in line with me being 15-20lbs over my ideal weight.

Flowers won't be the only things in bloom this May!

I have moved my date up a month to May 14th. The main reason is b/c I've been concerned with my initial 10-day healing time conflicting with a very important graduation I must attend this June. Nevertheless, as an added bonus this new date gives Ms. Lola Fox (that's her name) the entire summer to bloom and fluff. Hmmm...I foresee good times this summer b/c as Sarah Vaughan croons, "Whatever Lola Wants (Lola Gets)"!

Calories Cut, FitBit Flex on My Wrist, PT Sessions in Effect...Oh, and Waist Cinched

A month ago I posted about starting the Bowel Cleanse product. It was suppose to be a 30-day undertaking, but I only took it for 21 days. Nevertheless, there was definitely “movement” but I didn’t see any changes in my weight so I stopped taking it. In all fairness that probably has more to do with the fact that I didn’t change my eating habits. At any rate, I started a new product combo on Sunday (Trim Garcinia and Pure Mango cleanse) in conjunction with a reduction in calories (1400 or under) and personal training sessions. I also bought a FitBit Flex activity tracker and a waist cincher that I spent last weekend trying to get comfy wearing for 4-hour time intervals. I’m not sure that I’ll be able to handle working out in the latter, but my waist is 3 inches smaller when I’m wearing it. So, my short-term goal is to lose 7lbs by December and tone up a bit, but I’m ultimately doing all of this in hopes of triggering my motivation to get and maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle pre and post op.

Taking advantage of the anonymity of RS

All is well, still excited about doing the in-person consult in December and getting my bbl in May. It’s so easy to get addicted to this site and lose myself in it for hours when I really need to be focusing on other things. So, I’m trying to not look at RS everyday, but it’s not easy. At any rate, I really wish I had made the decision to do the bbl sooner, because it probably would have been that “something new” that I needed to get me over the blah-ness that I was experiencing a couple years ago. That, plus I could have used the paid sick time that I’d built up at work. Nevertheless, I hated my job, wasn’t having much luck finding a new one, and ended up returning to school full-time and losing all of that paid sick time. But can I be honest with y’all? I’m over this school thing now and I’m only halfway through the program. Don’t get me wrong, having this opportunity is a blessing and there’s value in completing the program. I just know that I only did it to get out of the job I hated. Now my motivation is waning and although I will finish what I’ve started, I get a bit agitated with the hoops that they make us jump through. I’m also not really interested in the career path that this type of program promotes, but I can’t tell them that. However, I’m really hoping and praying for a renewed spirit and mind so that I can fully appreciate this experience, and ultimately make my next move my best move. Anyhoo, just wanted to get that off my chest w/o freaking out the ppl who are invested in this school journey with me. Now back to your regularly scheduled bootylicious programming…

Tailor-made phatty please!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I for one consumed far too much food and drink in the spirit of being thankful and honestly, with all the leftovers in the fridge, I’m probably not done yet. I guess somewhere in my mind I’m rationalizing my gluttonous behavior with my impending bbl, albeit six months away. Lord knows I’m hoping the doc can suck it all out and give me a tailor-made phatty. I’m having an in-person consult with him in a couple of weeks and I’m super excited to meet him and level set on realistic expectations. I’ve prepared my bbl goals, questions, and wish pics, but I’m having second thoughts about sharing the pictures. I get that everyone’s body is different and I definitely want a tailor-made phatty; nevertheless, there are quite a few chicas on RS that have some bangin’ slopes, hips, projection, and fullness that I kinda want to share as a point of reference for what I like. Some are his very own patients, others from a few other docs represented well on RS, as well as, my celebrity bbl crush K. Michelle. At any rate, the questions I’ve prepped for him are as follows:

1. What are the complications and risk for this procedure and what steps are taken to reduce the likelihood of occurrence?
2. What precautions or techniques do you use to avoid contour irregularities from lipo?
3. What precautions do you take to avoid patient burns?
4. Do you prescribe Lovenox injections to prevent blood clots? If not, are you willing to do so, or share with me your recommendations for extra measures taken to prevent blood clots?
5. Although I’ll be under general anesthesia, will I still be given a numbing agent?
6. Will a catheter be used?
7. What is your professional opinion on realistic expectations for my frame?

Please feel free to share any additional questions you think I may need to ask.

Wish pics - K.Michelle

My in-person consultation with Dr. Salama and team.

Last week I had the chance to do an in-person consult with Dr. Salama, as well as, meet Cynthia and Nancy. I must echo all of the positive sentiments that I’ve previously read and affirm that they are all indeed incredibly personable and caring. Dr. Salama didn’t sugarcoat anything. He informed me of the potential complications and we were able to level set on realistic expectations for my frame. He advised me to lose about 10 pounds to get a better result in the lipo’ing of my inner thighs. I’ve gained weight since my initial virtual consult in June and am about 179lbs now, so after the holidays, I will start trimming down and my goal will be to hold at 165lbs going into Sx. However, he told me to send him an updated picture once I lose the 10lbs. Also, he told me to please reiterate to virtual community that he is NOT against wish pictures. He welcomes them as they help him get an idea of what we like in general. However, he has no use for unrealistic wish pictures (i.e. aspiring to go from Gabourey “Precious” Sidibe to Beyoncé in physique) because that shows a person who lacks an understanding of what he does and has misperceptions of their own body. I think we would all agree that this makes perfect sense as he is there to “enhance” what we have, not go all Frankenstein with it. And by the way, that’s my example, not his, he didn’t mention any names in particular. So for now I’m getting the bbl with the requisite lipo areas and lipo to inner thighs; I may add arm lipo and fat transfer to my right boob to even things out a bit in that area, but we’ll see.

Cynthia is my coordinator, but Nancy was in the room as we had our follow up discussion after I met the doctor. I must say that these ladies are as sweet as they are beautiful and I really felt good about my decision after meeting them all in person. I also had the opportunity to check out the recovery house, which had about six ladies recovering there at the time. All of them very nice, looking curvaceous, and healing happily. They were VERY complimentary about their stay at the RH and advised me to seriously consider it. Lourdes was on duty at the time and she was super sweet, warm, inviting, and appeared very attentive to the ladies. So I actually am considering the RH for the first few days after Sx. All in all, I’m glad I was able to experience everyone well in advance of my actual Sx date. I feel like I have a better idea of what to expect, which I believe will mitigate my anxiety level as the date approaches.

Unexpected changes to kickoff 2015

Happy New Year!!! Okay, so the graduation that I previously changed my date to be able to attend is null and void b/c the future graduate now lives with us and has transferred to a school that finishes at the end of May. Hence, I had to change my date back to June. Nevertheless, I am convinced that 2015 will be our best year yet; the only thing that will be able to top it is 2016! ;-)

So June 11th it will be and fortunately, I was able to change my flight for only an additional $3. I’ve been flirting with the idea of staying at the recovery house because it’s nice and clean and Lourdes was super sweet. I’m sure it would be a good recovery environment. However, my aunt is coming with me and she’s an RN so I know I will be well taken care of either way, and the hotel option is less expensive than the recovery house.

OAN…Holiday eating and drinking took its toll on ya girl

My inner fat girl was out-of-control when it came to eating and mainly drinking (#nojudgmentzone) over the holidays. Dr. Salama told me to lose 10lbs and something must have gotten lost in translation b/c I gained 10lbs. WTH?!?! Not to mention the fact that I had already gained 10lbs between the time I sent my photos in and when I had my in-person consultation. So now I’m working on losing 20lbs between now and June. It’s doable, I’m just pissed I wasn’t one of those people who needed to gain weight…that would have been fun, this ish sucks. For the last 4 days, I haven’t eaten much. The hubs and I started the 7-day cabbage soup diet on Tuesday. He hated it and it bored me much faster than it did before, plus it caused a reaction in me much like magnesium citrate so we scrapped it today (day 4) and switched to the Dr. Oz 3-day cleanse. But I must say that I’ve lost 6lbs.

After the cleanse, I just need to get my act together with eating right and getting some kind of exercise on a regular basis. My goal is to get back down to between 165-170lbs and send an updated picture to Dr. Salama for approval of my pre-op weight. My weight as of this morning was 183.

Ya know, I read somewhere that contrary to what society may think a woman’s greatest desire isn’t to find Mr. Right…it’s to be able to eat whatever the hell we want and not gain any weight! Now if that ain’t the truth!

Rants and Raves w/o supporting pics are futile IMO

I know this is a bit random, but is it just me or is it a bit annoying to see rants about poor results, or raves about great results w/o pictures to support whatever you’re ranting/raving about. I mean I appreciate the shared stories as much as the next RSer, but for a site that focuses on aesthetic enhancements, it seems silly to not share photos. I get that anonymity is important for many of us, but that’s what the crop and sticker functions are for. I hope this doesn’t come across negatively because trust we want to empathize or rejoice with you, whatever is needed, but give us something to work with please.

Giving CrossFit a try to build strength and endurance

This is just a quick update on my latest fitness engagements in preparation for my June bbl. My weight is the same at the moment, but I’m hoping to see changes soon. This will be the 2nd week of a 6-week CrossFit bootcamp that I started which is focused on building strength and endurance. I’m certain that this will benefit me not only in my recovery, but also in maintaining my health and fitness overall. I’m going 3xs a week and loosely following the Paleo diet with the addition of some recommended supplements from a nutritionist. I say loosely b/c I’m also doing the Herbalife shakes. So, hopefully when the six weeks are up in March, I’ll have some great results to share.

RS burnout...DOCD cured...BBL on track

Hi All,

Just dropping in to touch bases, check on folks, and provide a few updates. It’s interesting, although I’m not a bbl vet yet, I think I’ve experienced RS burnout. The site can be very addictive and in the beginning I obsessed over it, the bbl procedure, and the photos/journeys of fellow RS’ers. After while, I obsessed less and once things started to get more rigorous in my program, I turned off the RS notifications and didn’t obsess at all. It also didn’t help that home life became more stressful for me because of the added responsibility that I mentioned in a previous update. So, here I am two months out from my date with Dr. Salama and I’ll admit that the excited I once felt has diminished. Don’t get me wrong, I still want to get it done and I am, it’s just that I’m not “schoolgirl giggly” about it anymore. I guess that’s the best way I can explain it.

At any rate, I had fairly good results with CrossFit, lost 8lbs and toned up a bit. I’m still slated for June 11th, received my lab info via email, and my appointment with my PCP is the first week of May to get that all squared away. All travel and lodging has been secured, so all I need to do is start gathering my bbl supplies for recovery. I do anticipate posting a better set of “before” pictures as my date draws nearer, and of course “after” photos, as well as, a personal narrative of my Sx and recovery experience. However, given that I really don’t have any information of value to offer at this time, my presence in general on the site will likely remain limited. Still, I’m sure I can still get notifications if DMs are sent, so feel free to do that if you want to connect personally.

Be blessed everyone! Happy planning and happy healing!

Less than 30 days to go…WHOA!

Okay Hunties, the countdown is on! I swear this procedure used to seem like it was so far away that I felt silly being on RS daily, now it’s a month out and I’m like…whoa! Fortunately, I’ve just wrapped up another successful semester at school, so now I have a slightly guilt-free moment to refocus on this procedure. My travel arrangements have been secured for a while so no worries there. I have my packet from EPS, labs are done and all fine, and I got all 4 of my Rxs from CVS for $26.55 total.

As far as supplies, I’ve taken suggestions from a few different lists provided by the lovelies here on RS. Hence, I have or will have the following supplies(some shown in attached pics):

Already Had:

Arnicare Gel
Hibiclens
Prevail disposable wash cloths
Squeem garmet wash
Shower liner for the bed

Walmart online:
Chux
Compression socks
Tylenol, Extra strength
Green gold bond cream for itching
Neosporin antibacterial ointment

Baby wipes
Benadryl
antibacterial soap (Dial)
Lysol

Aside from these items I also have the Make Me Heal Pre/post op vitamin kit and basic apparel such as maxi dresses, leggings, t-shirts/tanks, robe, slippers, flip flops, extra large (Sz 9) undies, and socks with grips. Additionally, I am continuing to take my iron, vitamin C, and B12 supplements.

As far as excitement, I'm getting there. I think I'm nervous about expecting too much because Lord knows I've wanted a voluptuous backside and some hips for a long time. My strategy is to visualize how I want to look and feel with my enhanced curves. So prayers up and fingers crossed for outstanding results.

A Few Pictures for Those Considering the Booty Buddy

Hey Hunties, for anyone who may be contemplating the BBL pillow and the Booty Buddy, here are some personal photos of the latter. It measure 15 inches left to right, and 10 inches front to back. Although I don't think that my butt will actually touch the seat, the pillow does compress significantly after sitting on it a few minutes.

10 days to go to Donkaliciousville!

My procedure is less than 2 weeks away and I guess it’s normal to be awash with a few different emotions - excitement, anxiety, and optimism to name a few. Now I’m wondering if I should have kept it to myself, not because I’ve gotten negative feedback from anyone, but to give me time to process everything on my own first. However, I’ve only shared it with a handful of people anyway so it will be fine. It’s funny b/c although the hubs is a boobs man, he admitted the other day to being excited to see how it turns out. And might I add he’s been taking every opportunity to smack me on my a$$ whenever I walk by b/c he says he knows he won’t be able to do that for a while. Tell the truth!!! LOL

Anyhoo, I started the Make Me Heal pre-op vitamin pack per the instructions to begin taking them two weeks prior to Sx. I’m also continuing with the Iron and vitamin C. As far as packing, I know I need to redo my bag b/c for some reason I’m acting like I’m going to be out and about around Miami and have surely over packed. I’m also contemplating whether I want to go through with the inner thigh lipo. I’ve read similar concerns on other blogs and seen the responses of those who’ve had it done. It seems that changes are subtle, but worthwhile to some, not so much to others. I don’t have to have the infamous “thigh gap”, but if I’m going to do it, I surely want some “thigh space” to eliminate the friction. I also want to avoid any added asymmetry in my thighs, so I’ll discuss with the doctor and concede to his expert evaluation based on my body type. Overall, I’m definitely ready to get ‘er done and I’m optimistic that Dr. Salama will grace me with the donk I seek.

Tomorrow is donkalicious time!!!

Alright Hunties, 7am it will be. Had my pre-op with Dr. Salama and team this morning and we're good to go. My husband and aunt (retired RN) are my onsite caregiving/support team. Word of my procedure spread a little farther than I realized, but it's all good because my family and friends are super supportive. Their mantra matches my own, "Do what makes you happy," and that's exactly what I'm doing. That being said, I'm uber grateful for their prayers and well wished.

Soooo, I'm ready to be Salamafied! We have a nice suite with a kitchen, stocked up on groceries, and configured our post op setup. Now all we have to do is have a smooth, successful Sx and get on track to happy healing! Prayers up and positive, optimistic energy on deck!

Before pics attached...
Current weight: 175lbs
High waist: 33 1/2
Low waist: 38 3/4
Hips: 41

Officially Salamafied!!!

My donk has arrived y'all! Yesterday was the day; we got there at 6:40am and had to wait for them to arrive around 7:05am. Then went right in and they have me a paper gown and undies as well as compression socks and socks with grips. Next I headed over to Dr. Salama's office for pictures, markings, and final info/questions with him and the anesthesiologist. They are both very personable which helps keep anxiety low in my opinion. After that we headed over to the operation room and the anesthesiologist began his work; he's quick with the IV. Once it was in he told me I would get lightheaded, which I did but we were still chatting. I remember looking up at the two big lights overhead and thinking they looked like nipples, then your girl was out.

I think I awoke in recovery with the Dr telling me everything had gone well, then I was out again. I awoke again to the nurse taking out the catheter, then she stood me up and pulled my maxi dress over my head. She instructed me to sit in the wheel chair to which I was like, not on this $10k a$$. So I kneeled in the wheelchair and she rolled me out to the car that way at about noon.

So let me say this, much like those who have gone before me, recovery is not a game Hunties. This chick right here is feeling some thangs. I don't know how ppl get their arms done with their bbl b/c I'm doing more push-ups than I've ever done in my life. Oh, I didn't get my thighs done. I also don't see how ppl go at this alone; I definitely wouldn't recommend that. But anyway, the things that were most helpful for my first night were chux, Gatorade, and the pee funnel.

I went for the post-op today and all looks well. In a few I'm going to take the garment off to was and take a shower. I can't stand this messiness I'm sitting in and in sure I stink. But when she took my garment down at the office today, I want to slap somebody. So pray for a sista y'all. Nonetheless, no pain no gain so overall I'm good b/c I know this is what I signed up for and the final results will be worth it. After I shower, I'll try to get some pics posted.

After pics with stage1 garment in 3xl

After pics in garment with foam and swollen, of course.
Didn't think to measure until garment was back on do I'll have to get true measurement for my waist when I get my massage Monday. Nonetheless, my hips measure 47 1/2.

Day 4 Shenanigans...BMs, Massages, and Swelling OH MY!

Today was a day of firsts. I had my first post op bm today and it wasn't too bad. I feel like that's a bbl's post op right of passage so Imma gon' and share that upfront. ;-) I used a rolled up towel on the front lip of the toilet seat, lowered myself so that my thighs were the only thing in contact, and went to work. It wasn't messy b/c I had only taken 1 ducolax the night before so aside from my balancing act and somewhat excessive use of wet wipes, it was fairly uneventful.

I also had my first massage today with Eilyn and I won't say that it wasn't painful, but I was a soldier! Well...me and my two lil' pain assassins, but hey, what soldier goes at it alone anyway?!? Lol. It hurt, but it was bearable.

Today is also the first day that the hubs isn't here for me to harass in the middle of the night. He had to go back to work today but he's flying back Friday for the weekend and then we all leave Monday. He's been such a great support in every way. I totally expected him to leave all things "bodily fluid" up to me and my aunt, but he totally threw on a pair of plastic gloves and went to work emptying drains or whatever we needed. It's kinda funny b/c we only brought medium sized gloves for ourselves and the hubs is 6'5", 280 with hands to match but hey he made it work. So ladies, don't believe them when they say "the glove" is too tight, they can make it work if they really want to! LMAO!

My aunt has also been a lifesaver so he left me in good hands. I don't know how I would have done this without either of them, especially those first nights. Fortunately she's a retired RN so she's not squeamish about anything and she knows what to check for when things get iffy. Which brings me to my agitating situations for the day, swelling and a sore throat.

My legs are swollen and he didn't even touch those, and the compression socks they gave me have become slouchy. The latter may have been because we washed them in the machine, I'm not sure. So I put my own pair that I bought on top of them to help out. Per the doc's suggestions I'm elevating my legs (can only do 15 minute intervals b/c it isn't comfy) and will look into purchasing over the knee compression socks tomorrow. Nonetheless, I still have good circulation in my legs; it probably helps that I've been walking a lot. However, this is probably when that boppy pillow would have come in handy, hope they arrive soon. Now that sore throat, not sure where that's coming from. It could be a side effect of the antibiotic or it could be acid reflux discomfort from being on my belly all of the time. I drinking warm tea now, but it hurts to swallow. I was okay for the most part moving around today, but as soon as I started laying it down for the evening, my throat began acting up again. So tomorrow I'll probably get some throat lozenges.

Hmm, I think that's pretty much it. Oh, I did get my stage two garment today and per Eilyn's suggestion we took photos of the way she placed the foam so we can be sure to mimic it. And why did my silly self think that she was putting me in a medium b/c it was a little challenging getting up. Come to find out it's a 2xl, which is only one size down from the first garment. That bruised my ego a little, but I liken them to wedding dresses b/c those suckers don't run true to your everyday size either. But for the record, the packaging says someone at my height and weight should be in a medium...I'm just sayin'! Have a great night Hunties!

1 Week Post Op...I let a stranger feel my a$$ today

Hola Hunties! I am 1 week post op today and I'm doing well. Today my aunt and I went to a great salon for natural hair so she could get her hair done. Of course, they offered me to sit down a couple times and I politely declined. As we made small talk they asked what brought us to the area and I said quite matter of factly, "I came to get a booty." They thought I was joking, then they were like, "oh wait, is that why you aren't sitting?" Well, of course that opened the door to questions and one thing led another and the Charmin was being squeezed! LOL! Well y'all know better than to think I allowed any squeezing, but there was definitely soft touching. And of course hyping #teamsalama!

So that was my excitement for the day. Oh that and trying an Uber driver for the first time, which was a good experience. Anyhoo, I had my 2nd massage with Eilyn yesterday and will have my 3rd tomorrow. Nomie removed my back drain yesterday, but it's looking like the front won't be removed until Monday. I'm also meeting with Dr. Salama as my last follow up with him before we head out Monday.

Aside from that, I have had extra swelling in my legs so I purchased and am wearing thigh high compression stockings. I plan to wear them until swelling in my legs is completely gone. I've also been elevating my legs against the wall by laying on an ottoman with my butt hanging over the edge. My aunt says there going down so it must be helping.

Overall, I'm grateful that things have been going smoothly and I thank God for that. I'm also thinking that the Make Me Heal pre/post surgery kit has help my healing process. I'm definitely still sore in my lipo'd areas and get a few shooting pains through my hips and butt, but nothing debilitating. Well, that's all for now. I'll post a couple of photos shortly. Ttyl :-)

Where do I start?!?! Last drain, flight home, Booty Buddy pillow, corset, continuing massages

Well, first let me say that I continue to appreciate Dr. Salama's bedside manner, it really is top notch. I had my last drain removed on Sunday and I felt like a new woman. Having the drains weren't painful, but they were annoying as heckola to have to work around. As far as removal, back drain was a breeze, didn't even realize that Nomie had taken it out, but the front was a different story for me. I "cussed" the entire time...all 5 seconds of it! Now...on the rating scale of pain it's probably a 1.5-2, but when you're expecting to feel nothing as was the case with the back drain, it psychologically jumps to like 4. And that sucka is long and flat, like maybe 5 inches inches on the inside of your abdomen. Heck, I had actually been trying to massage the hardness away under my skin thinking it was inflammation. LOL

As far as my flight home, I was on full Southwest flight (2hrs 40 mins), the pilot took forever to turn off the seatbelt sign, but overall it wasn't that bad. Because he was taking so long I went and stood in the bathroom for a while, when flight attendant knocked to ask if I was okay, I figured it was time to unass my sanctuary. We picked seats at the very back of plane (didn't know seats in back are narrower but FA confirmed that to be true) so I finally reminded them about my letter and they didn't bother me about standing. Eventually the seatbelt sign went off so I pretty much stood most of the flight. Either way I refused to put pressure on my precious so even when I was sitting I was on my thighs and using my arms to maintain a slight hover. That brings me to the Booty Buddy.

In my opinion I could take it or leave it. It's semi-effective, but it doesn't hold it's wedge shape that well and it compresses quite a bit with extended pressure. I also found it necessary to lean forward while on it to maintain balance and proper weight distribution, otherwise I felt unstable and experienced less elevation. Also for the record, my flight was yesterday and when I weighed myself this morning I was 175lbs, height still 5'7" of course. So I'm not saying that it's a complete waste, but I feel that you could get the same level of effectiveness with a thick yoga mat or half yoga roll at a lower price point.

OAN, today was the first day that I donned all of my body snatching armor all by myself. I also added a corset to my compression garment for about 5 hours. That was all I could handle. With the exception of massages, I don't feel the need for pain mess anymore. Speaking of massages, I did 4 at the office with Eilyn and will get my 5th at Massage Envy Thursday and I really hope they can work it out like she did. I have someone who specializes in these massages and works with plastic surgeons, but I won't see her until mid-July. In the meantime, I have to get 3-4 done professionally before then and I'll supplement by having my mom and/or the hubs massage in the interim.

2 Weeks Post Op

Hey Hunties! Today I'm exactly 2 weeks post op; I'm feeling good and loving my results. I know they're only going to get better as I diligently follow my post op instructions. OAN, I had my 5th massage today, now with Massage Envy. It wasn't what I had become accustomed to with Eilyn, but I was satisfied with the work the therapist did and will return for a few more with her. That's all for now, ttyl!

Faking it 'til I make it...trying to reconcile these "some kinda way" feelings

Let me preface this by saying that I am very pleased with my selection of a surgeon; Dr. Salama is great all around. Nevertheless, I am having a rough time reconciling what I had hoped to have with what I actually have as far as results. Make no mistake about it, I wanted a stripper booty and I've always been upfront about that. I wasn't interested in modesty, I wanted a drastic difference or to borrow a term from my girl Salamalove, I wanted this ass to be "obvious"! Well, it's not. I'm sure that he gave me all that my skin would accommodate, but knowing that doesn't curtail my disappointment. And again, I'm not disappointed in him or his work, I'm disappointed that my body wasn't on the same "donkalicious" page as me. I also feel fat and it didn't help that my Ob/gyn told me today that I needed to lose at least 10 pounds.
Nonetheless, I try to put on a good front for my family and friends b/c they really like the look I have and how "natural" it looks. Every time someone says how natural it looks I cringe. I know they mean it as a compliment, but in my mind it equates to how barely noticeable it is. It makes me wish I hadn't told anyone at all about getting the Sx.

I keep referring to what Bigbootytinywaist said about the typical flow of the booty healing process, and even Dr. Salama told me to not panic about the size prematurely, but I can't help it. My feelings aren't even based on fear of volume loss (not saying I don't think about that), but when I first looked at myself after surgery, swelling and all, I knew my butt was not as big as I'd hoped. Funny, as I write this review my mom just called asking me to resend her my before/after pics so she can show someone else. Hey, at least she's excited about my results.

At any rate, I am following the post-op instructions to the letter. No sitting, getting my 9th massage today, only taking garment off to bathe, keeping foams and ab board in place and added a cincher for added compression, using heating pad daily, using my body weight to roll on a foam roller for self massage as well as a handheld massager, etc. But I can't help feeling that it's all for naught and that I should stop torturing myself with these protocols. I'm also currently awaiting arrival of an XL full garment from LipoExpress. That's another thing, I don't feel like I'm slimming down like I should; at 4 weeks out I feel like I should be getting into a smaller garment than XL (had 3xl out of surgery and 2xl since first massage). Nonetheless, I've already reached out to Cynthia about a possible round 2 next year and I won't be telling anyone about it. I didn't post any new pics because nothing has changed much since week 2...waist still 30, hips at 45 (2 down from right after surgery).

I apologize if I sound pessimistic, believe me I'm faking the funk daily with everyone around me b/c I don't want to hear anyone say anything to make me feel worse. But I figured I could come on here and vent, not for likes or an ego boost based on pics, but to hopefully get some words of wisdom from ppl of like-mind. I figure if you're reading this you've either been through it or are planning to go through it, so I'd love some insight on how to neutralize what I'm feeling b/c I know I'm my own worst critic and that he did a good job. And yes I know I have to patiently await the final results, but that doesn't negate what I feel today. Again, I welcome any insights and words of wisdom. Thanks

6 week update...keeping it simple

Healing is going well, having 12th massage this week. I continue to wear garment, foam, and board at all times outside of bathing and massages. I also use the heating pad, yoga foam roller, and handheld massager daily for self massage. Not much has changed, waist slightly under 30" and hips at 45". Just starting sitting with my pillows yesterday and drove for first time since Sx yesterday as well. Will update again at 8 weeks. Peace and blessings!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr. Salama and the EPS Miami team (patient coordinators, massage therapists, nurses, anesthesiologist, etc.) has been amazing. I initially made contact 1 year ago as I was trying to decide on a surgeon based on the great reviews on Real Self. Hence, it’s only right that I respond in kind for others who may be in the decision-making phase. Dr. Salama and his team are very professional and knowledgeable about the procedures they perform and the means by which they communicate. Everyone that I’ve come in contact with in the office and surgery facility has been very personable. I would also like to note that their facilities are modern and very clean. My patient coordinator, Cynthia, answered every question I had patiently and efficiently before I made my decision and subsequently placed my deposit. It truly was the warmth that emanated from Cynthia that played a key role in my decision to go with Dr. Salama. Likewise, I never felt like it was “all about the money” with them. This was further affirmed by Cynthia’s timely responsiveness and the supportiveness that continued after I placed my deposit, which has, never waivered. The same has been true of my interactions with Yesenia, Zuny, and Nomie. These are beautiful people inside and out. I met Dr. Salama in-person about 7 months prior to my procedure. He was personable and straightforward in managing my expectations about what he felt he could accomplish with my physique. I trusted his insight, expertise and experience. Consequently, I am now 6 days post op and very happy with my initial results. My expectations were realistic and his skills are phenomenal; that’s a winning combination. Nevertheless, they say the hardest part is the recovery and I have been well informed by Dr. Salama and team of the do’s and don’ts, as well as, the diligence and commitment required to achieve great final results. So far I’ve had two very effective lymphatic drainage massages with EiIyn; she’s such a sweetheart, very informative, and of course, beautiful. I’ve scheduled two more with her before I leave, and have secured a masseuse at home to get the remaining 6-8 recommended for adequate recovery. I realize that it will be a couple of months before the swelling subsides and everything settles for me to know what I’m really working with; however, Dr. Salama and team have set me up for success and I am confident that the final results will be stellar. I’ve already recommended him to friends interested in cosmetic procedures and would not hesitate to recommend everyone else.