I have considered a tummy tuck since before I had...

I have considered a tummy tuck since before I had my first when I saw how terrible my stomach looked while pregnant! I just knew I needed a TT.

I am so incredibly excited to have booked the day as March 26th! I have 5-10 more lbs to lose. Very excited! Will post my entire story when I have more time. God bless all you beautifuls out there!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

My story: Carried a very large healthy baby....

My story:

Carried a very large healthy baby. My stomach was so destroyed (will post a photo of me the day before my baby was born - I was huge).

Anyways... Lots of extra skin, stretched muscle, & some separation. I lost the 50lbs and my stomach almost looked worse than it did when I weighed more.

The second child was born a month early so that pregnancy didn't cause too much damage aside from stretching my muscles more.

I also have a severe spinal deformity that was fused over ten years ago. I've especially noticed my overall health has been poorer since this second pregnancy. The stress on my back is greater causing numbness in my legs and intense migraines. I'm hoping a tighter core will help with that. Some days it's unbearable.

So... To wrap up my naked truth... I decided to do the surgery this year. March 26th to be exact. I hope to lose ten more pounds prior & come out of it with a new confidence. I'm a single mom... With two beautiful children. I want to feel sexy rather than repulsed. I know this sounds absurd... But I feel unworthy with my stomach the way it is. It impacts me physically and emotionally. I just hope it changes my life as much as everyone else I've read about.

My surgeon was fantastic. He explained everything very clearly and does not use drains which I hear is exciting! I'm just very optimistic. I don't feel any fear but pure excitement. I have the best family in the entire world who plan to support me through this. Although my life is not what I planned... It's imperfectly perfect. God is good. God bless you all!

Welcome to the community!   You keep telling yourself that you are a strong and beautiful woman, an excellent mother and you will be happy and confident again.

You have definitely been kicked down but you will not stay there!!!   It's fantastic that you are doing this for yourself so be proud.  So keep your chin up and grasp onto the wonderful community of women here on RealSelf.  They will pick you up, dust you off and be with you through the ups and downs of this surgery.

I am glad you fund us:)

Thank you that made me smile!
Good luck to you!!! Your story really touched my heart good luck to you!!! Get your sexy on you deserve it!!

I just read a post about lipo. I decided I did not...

I just read a post about lipo. I decided I did not want lipo but hearing that a TT enhances your love handles if you choose against lipo. Is this accurate?
I've always had love handles. Nothing major if I kept my weoght good. What's your advice on this? I didn't even discuss lipo with my PS...

I just read your story and I was very touched as well. You are most definitely making the right decision. Yes, there is some physical discomfort after the TT, but honestly in my opinion that is way better than the mental pain of not liking what you see in the mirror. You gave birth to beautiful children and it's now time to get your body back, you deserve this! A couple of months until your surgery date it the perfect amount of time to get everything ready. Feel free to send me an email on here and I can give you tips on things I have found to be helpful in the recovery process. Good luck!

And we love you smiling:)

I am here for you:)

Sooooo... Two months before the big day. I'm...

Sooooo... Two months before the big day. I'm pretty pumped to say the least. I'm going on a vacation with some girlfriends in July and will have a bikini bod to rock! It's pretty incredible to even say that!

Last week I decided yes on liposuction as per the reviews of others. I carry my weight in my hips and don't want to look all funny afterwards. I'm paying an arm and a leg as is... May as well do it the first time (should get my boobs done too haha jk - I wish but still breastfeeding).

Anyways... New this week is weight loss! My son is on this new diet for his allergies (he's gained 3.5lbs in a week) and its been doing the opposite for me. My goal was 120 for surgery but I'm thinking I may be able to smash that! Between this new diet and swimming with my old swim team... The fat is melting off of me. Oh how I love it!

Anyways... Wanted to update. I'm so ready for my new bod. I could do this tomorrow! Ahhhhhh.

Before I end my comment for today.... Has anyone out there breastfed post op? All comments and suggestions appreciated. Love!

Oh, and I'm a single mom, too! (I completely get where you are coming from on body confidence after having children with someone who then treats you miserably!) Honestly you will be so happy with Dr. Ward and the staff there. They are all so sweet and take such good care of you. I also got the TT with no drains (I didn't do lipo, though) and I am REALLY liking not having to deal with drains. Stuff's a bit sore but it is so not as bad as I was expecting. Good luck to us both through recovery, hey? :)
Your comment makes me so happy. Single mom too. How old is your child(ren)? I'm pretty excited about Dr Ward. Have my Pre-op in two weeks. I need to lipo.. All my weight is in my flanks. Wish it wasn't... Then I could save myself a couple thousand. Ah!
My son just turned 4 two weeks ago :) (Finally old enough I felt like I could do this and he wouldn't be distraught over not being carried!) I had been thinking about it since I started to lose weight and realized this belly was for keeps :| How old are your kiddos? The breastfeeding may be tough because a little one's weight will be on your belly, unless they are big enough to sort of lay at your side? (just noticing your bit up there!) You could probably pump some milk for the first week-ish, or til you're off pain meds + a few days to see how you're doing. I have most of my weight in my thighs and trunk usually, so I'm lucky there as far as lipo goes. One doctor I had a consult with wanted to give me lipo on my flanks but I didn't want to. Another tried to sell me on implants. Eeep. I opted out of a breast lift along with this, though. I had asked Dr. Ward and he seemed confident about it, but the costs (and scars) can definitely rack up with each thing!

45 days to go and not at all nervous... The only...

45 days to go and not at all nervous... The only nerves I have is in regards to finances! Blah... I wish money grew on trees (or my child's father actually provided). Aside from that... I'm down a few more pounds to lose! Should be breaking 120 by March... Yippee!!!! Can't wait to be on the flat side.

Hi, I had my tummy tuck done with Dr. Ward Feb 6th, 2013. I'm officially two weeks post op and so far so good! I'm over the moon happy with my amazing results! Dr. Ward did an awesome job. Despite my swelling, I can still see that it's all gonna be good. Have no fears my friend!
And I should add, I'm a single mom to 4 children. My husband left us unexpectedly as well. :(
That is so great to hear that you are pleased with the results. Had my preop yesterday. It was a ton of info! Sorry to hear about your husband. What jerks! Ugh. Can't believe the a$$holes that are out there. I'm going through the legal stuff now and the nerve the guy has. Disgusting. Stay strong mama. I'm going to check your page out right now :). Happy healing.

Figured its time for another update. I've been...

Figured its time for another update. I've been down the last couple days... Although so much is going right... I can only find the wrong. Single mom blues I guess? And definitely sleep deprived.
I was in the shower tonight looking down at my stomach and thought this time next month ill be 1 day post op! Amazing. Can't believe ill be flat.
I'm 122lbs right now and I seriously feel so fat thanks to my belly. It's awful. I try to love it as it carried my two beautiful children but that's impossible to do. I hate it.
My kids have both had separation anxiety which makes me nervous. Both are mama mama mama mama mama everything. I'm encouraging sleep overs at my parents for right now to help the transition.
My daughter will be starting to walk right around surgery time which I hope I can witness as I missed my sons first steps. Tear.
Lastly... For those moms (if any) BREASTFEEEDING....

I SPOKE TO OUR PEDIATRICIAN AND THE NARCOTICS AREN'T HAS CONCERNING AS MY PS TOLD ME. OUR PED WANTS ME PUMPING AND DUMPING THE FIRST COUPLE DAYS WHILE OUR PERCS AND T3s BUT CAN RESUME BREASTFEEDING ONCE I STOP THE PERCS. The Fragmin is safe to breastfeed while taking which is exciting too. Yay! I began to wean but I'm going to keep three feedings rather than two. It will be rough the first couple days but I can do it.
Anyways that's enough of a rant. I'm so close to the flat side. Cannot wait to be tiny again. I haven't bought anything until after surgery has with lipo ill likely go down a lot of sizes. I carry all my fat in my love handles so I'm excited to see those go!

Anyways. Bless all you TTs out there. Happy healing and thank you for sharing your stories.

Usually anything above the bb you own.. before my surgery to get a good idea of what I would be left with, I stretched the skin above my bb out and pictured that over my lower belly, it was pretty accurate, but I was fortunate enough that My doc was able to remove a bit more.. but becuase of it my scar was a little higher. Still was worth the trade off for me.
Good luck! As far as stretch marks go, I still have a good amount, but it is less than I had before. My stomach was a road map! All thanks to my first child, just like you ;) And like you my ex was more interested in other women than his kid. So I totally get where you are coming from. Even with the remaining stretch marks, I am super happy that I went through with this. I will most likely still wear a bikinni this summer because really not many people can have kids and NOT have any stretch marks. So now that the extra skin is gone, I will show off my stripes! best of luck to you with your surgery and healing!
Girl! You deserve this! You are going to feel so great, though it will take a bit! Do you have help for the first week definitely? You may need some help the second. I am 5 weeks po and am feeling pretty good. I would be able to handle two little ones with no problem. Fortunately for me, my kids are 21 and 16, so no worries for me there! My ex, with my daughter, left me too, but while I was still pregnant and I caught him cheating on me. Men can be pigs, but they aren't all! There are some great ones out there and with you feeling great about yourself and having tons of self confidence, you will find one. Be strong, keep posting! Anyway, in answer to the stretch mark question, many will be gone. Once the TT is done, you can use stretch mark cream or scar creams to fade whatever is left. Whatever is left, if anything, will be so much better then what is there now. I"m 44 and will certainly be rocking a bikini this summer and I still have some stretch marks. I don't care, badges of honor! On a flat tummy!

The countdown is on. Couple weeks to go and I...

The countdown is on. Couple weeks to go and I haven't done anything to prepare but buy new comfy sheets which I probably won't even enjoy.
I've pretty much reached my goal weight but have been eating like junk. Could have would have lost another two pounds but I won't complain. Going to eat extra healthy these last couple weeks.
I took some photos tonight to post so I can compare after. I'm going to do swimsuit photos too but this way I can look back to what I was. I will post ones were I suck in and where I relax. I also posted photos of the extra skin...
I have told a few people outside of my close circle about the procedure... But still feel judged. Whatever.
Anyways..... I'm excited and I'm even more excited when I see all you ladies on the flat side. I'm almost there...

I'm so excited for you! Don't worry about what other people think, you are doing this for you! I'm about 7 weeks out and I feel pretty darned good. Though I've been eating bad, well, eating like I did when I was working out 6 days a week. I've just recently gotten back into the gym, have to get back into my old routine. First week is the roughest, then you start to feel better and better! I will be watching to see your updates. Glad you posted the pics and you will be too! Good luck! Oh and one thing to get before surgery that I didn't get and is a great idea, cough drops! Your throat is very sore for a few days, it would really help. Otherwise, tissues, chapstick, big water glass, crackers. Perhaps some magazines or a book and the remote for the tv. And make sure you have a place for your meds. Otherwise, I know I got all bandages and whatnot that I needed from the ps. The only thing I did buy that I still use is this huge, warm ugly robe. I figured if I got it dirty with blood or something, I would throw it away. I didn't and even though it's ugly, it's so warm and comfy! My hubby calls it my old lady robe. Oh and it unzips, so it stays closed while walking and no tie to get in the way. Only invest if you find something on clearance, it isn't something you absolutely need.
Thanks thanks thanks! Will check out your page after church. happy healing and thanks for the advice!

I am quickly realizing my front butt semi pregnant...

I am quickly realizing my front butt semi pregnant tummy will be gone in just over a week. I cannot believe it! The first thing I'm going to do is feel my stomach. I've never had a super flat stomach so this will be the first time in my life I've had flat!
Other than the surreal excitement... I've weaned my daughter to twice daily with breastfeeding (she may wean herself completely after I have surgery... She's at that age where she loves to look around). I need to pick up my medications and supplies and get organized. I'm still in disbelief that I am actually getting my tummy fixed.
Anyways that's all for now.

Looking forward to following your story!
Hey.... you will look amazing! You deserve this. My baby was only 3 months when I had my TT. I was breast feeding. My plan was to pump and dump. Lol but my body had other plans. My milk dried up on PO day 2. So the fat baby had to rely on bottles lol. Make sure you take before pictures in a bikini.
Thanks love!

Well ladies, I'm 2 sleeps and 1 day away from...

Well ladies, I'm 2 sleeps and 1 day away from surgery! Wish me luck. I'm stressed out and really not prepared. Tomorrow will be a chaotic day. I haven't prepared anything, I'm fighting a cold, and I'm emotional. Ahhhhh! The time has come.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I'm not even nervous just stressed out! Wish me luck.

I'm not even nervous just stressed out! Wish me luck.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck tomorrow! It will be over before you know it :)
Good luck!!! Keep us posted

Hi Ladies, I'm home! Feeling a little sore but...

Hi Ladies, I'm home! Feeling a little sore but better than I thought I would. I know the pain is only starting. I am so tired so I've been sleeping lots.
Photos are to come Thursday. I have a lot of bandages so sneak peaks are impossible. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Yay! The worst will be over and done with before you know it. Wishing you a good nights sleep!
Welcome home! The next few days will be the toughest, but well worth it. Take your meds on schedule and keep up posted :)
Thank you!

I am sure feeling it today. The next day is the...

I am sure feeling it today. The next day is the worst with any surgery. This isn't the most painful surgery I've been through but definitely is similar to that of a C-Section except its you're whole tummy.
My anesthesiologist was the same for both my kids which was neat. I knew he was good. My doc came to see me after surgery but I was ok drugged to talk. I asked him if we managed to get my skin to move above the belly button and he did! He told me that he'd try but it was a little too generous. I had a lot of extra sagging skin which has it perks I guess?
Anyways, advice for surgery. Take your meds every 4 hours and set an alarm. Eat light. Always keep pillows under your knees. Don't forget your Sinnech. Keep your binder on at all time. Ice ice ice! Ice and your drugs are your best friends.
That's all for now. Will have photos tomorrow. With my lodorsis... I wasn't warned that my stomach won't be as flat as the typical TT. I'm sure it still looks fantastic! We will see. Have a good day ladies!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Definitely over did it today. Some stuff happened...

Definitely over did it today. Some stuff happened which I had to deal with and I did not rest as much as I should have. I paid the price. I seem to be reacting to the Percocet so I tried the T3's instead and they weren't strong enough. I rather be itchy than in more pain.
The bruising has gotten worse and there is a lot of swelling. But I did have a BM tonight which was awesome! Anyways, first post op apt is tomorrow! Ill be able to see my tummy for the first time (yay)! Photos to come. Good night ladies!!!

Looking forward to your pics and more updates! Sorry the first day was rough - it gets better from here on out (especially after the first BM in my opinion lol) T3s gave me a massive spaced out headache and the percs made me nauseous. I've had morphine before and been super itchy with it, but like you say, better to be itchy than in pain. Did anyone recommend Benadryl for you? I had a bottle in case I reacted to the percs, Sharon or someone recommended it to me. Might be worth a try if you're ok to take it! Hope you get a good sleep.
The Benadryl doesn't really help with the itching. It's weird. If tomorrow is a sore day (lipo is painful)... I'm going to fill a prescription from Demoryl (sp?). Sharon says its Percocet reaction and to try T3s which aren't strong enough. I'm pretty swollen especially in my mid back. Hoping tomorrow is better. How are you doing?
I also have to give you alot of credit for raising two kids. As mothers we give and give to our men (if there's one in our lives) and our children, our home, our work, our parents, our friends...and everyone else. So once in awhile it's good to do something for ourselves that makes us feel good and look good. I'm sure you'd like to date and possibly find a good guy and it's hard to do when we're so unsure of ourselves. Good luck on your journey. I've been married 3 times and have two grown children and there's still some good guys out there.

Had my 2 day post op appointment today. Got to see...

Had my 2 day post op appointment today. Got to see my tummy and I'm honestly in shock. I am so happy with the results. He said my hernia was pretty big and needed to be fixed and took out over a pound of skin (1 cm above navel) and 550cc's of fat from flanks. I see my hip bones! He removed a ton of stretch marks... not all but definitely more than I thought would be removed. It should heal up nicely. Very happy!

You are awesome and deserve the best!
You look amazing!
Your new tummy looks ahhh-mazing!!!!

Day 3 has been the easiest of all the days so far...

Day 3 has been the easiest of all the days so far and I hear it only gets easier. My post-op apt went well and I was blown away with my new tummy. Came home to flowers from my doctor which was so sweet.
The doc gave me another prescription for Percocet but I don't think I need to bother filling. I'm managing with the T3's and once I'm able to cut down on my T3's... I can resume breastfeeding (hopefully tomorrow).
I've been stressed out. Our dog ran away on day 1 PO and ended up in the pound. Then my sister and I got into a huge fight. We've been at it for weeks now. She feels this should have waited (no time is a good time) and "my stomach was just fine" (she doesn't have to live with it & has a flawless body herself). Childcare has fallen on her shoulders on the days that I don't have any which irritates her. But her boyfriend and her and living in my place rent-free for a month until her bf can relocate. The deal was she was to provide daycare. My daycare took vacation last minute on me for the first week. What a pain! It's just been a nightmare... Suppose to be an exciting time yet it's really put my relationship with my sister in question.
Blah... I feel selfish. I know if the roles were reversed, I'd be there for her.
Now that I'm done venting.

Here's my ADVICE for future TTers:

1. Lazy boy is definitely much nicer than a bed the first couple days. A bed does just fine if you don't have a lazy boy. Save your money... Don't buy if you don't own one.
2. Throat lozenges are a must for sore throat post surgery.
3. Benadryl is a must.
4. Sinnech does help with bruising.
5. Take your laxatives.
6. Sleep as much as possible.
7. Ice as much as possible.
8. Drink lots.
9. Wear a clean cotton shirt under your binder.
10. Keep your knees up.
11. If your kids are younger, make sure you have scheduled and organized day care!
12. Be excited. It's a surreal feeling.

Tomorrow is shower day. Will likely take more photos if I'm feeling up to it. He did such a fantastic job. Very pleased and highly recommend Dr. Ward. On my way to the car after surgery, one of the nurses called him the "Tummy Tuck King"... Totally true. Happy Easter everyone.

Wow you look awesome, had my TT march 25th, you look very good
You look fantastic too! Love your boobs. I'm jealous!!! Happy healing!
Looking great! And am so glad you are having easy healing! As far as the sister thing, don't sweat it. If you were close before this, you will be close again. I think perhaps since she is in an unbalanced situation,(living with you while boyfriend is being relocated), she is probably jealous that you had this done and is thinking of what she would have done with the money. But you invested in you and you are totally worth it! Hang in there, do what you need to do for you and totally enjoy that shower tomorrow!!!! Happy healing!

Hi ladies, I skipped a day. Healing is going...

Hi ladies,

I skipped a day. Healing is going well. I'm off the pain meds except for nights (they help me through the night). The pain has subsided but the discomfort has increased. I take my comment about the lazy-boy. I can only sleep on the lazy boy as when I'm in bed the temptation is there to roll over.
I don't know if any other ladies experience the tightness and stretching. It's very uncomfortable. My pain meds seem to help but it keeps me up. It's strange. I want to fold into a ball.
I was prepared for swell hell but not this. The swelling is there but not as bad as most... My only complaint is the tightness. It makes everything tough including breathing!
My PS did say my hernia was much larger than he though and it was necessary to fix for more than cosmetic reasons. I'll post a photo but you can see the bruising all around my tummy from the hernia repair. Otherwise all is good. I am so thankful I don't have drains. Everything else is a pain in the ass as is... Couldn't imagine carting around a couple drains like some ladies do.
This procedure definitely kicks your butt. I am very tired... And tire so easy. If anyone has advice on what to do about the tightness... I'm annoyed by the discomfort. These last two days have been great in regards to pain but rough otherwise.
I hate having to be lazy... Being a solo parent... It's go go go. I am hating recovery... I could skip this step haha.
Pain is beauty! Anyways... I can barely hold my eyes open. Happy Easter ladies. Will update when I can take better photos. Bandages come off tonight so hopefully my belly button starts healing quickly (wishful thinking - a lot has happened to my BB). Talk soon!

the drains hurt so you are lucky with that us well
I have the same time off of work. I don't know how ill return... I'm exhausted as is! Congrats on your TT. I found day 4 to be the magic day. How you feeling otherwise?
had mine done on the 28th and I cannot breathe. You dont look swollen at all, lucky you. I am a flight attendant so I took off four weeks from work.

I made it. It will be a week in the morning!...

I made it. It will be a week in the morning! Feeling great. Still hunched over and my back is killing me (the middle upper back muscles are so sore... I stress "so sore"). The stretching is still bad. I can actually feel the stitching in my stomach.
Tomorrow I get to start straightening up!
I hate Fragmin. Two more doses left and I won't miss it.
Bruising is still there and turning yellow. My stomach is pretty bruised so I haven't posted much for photos since it looks gruesome.
Also... The numbness is insane. I can't feel anything on my tummy and where lipo was done which is all my sides.
That sums it up. I haven't been doing much but helping with stuff that I can sit down for... Or hold a kid. I have been laughing a lot and laughing is evil right now!
Next time I update... Ill be sure to post some photos. Happy healing and good luck to future TTers.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Holding a kid while sitting to specify. I dare not...

Holding a kid while sitting to specify. I dare not pick one up right now.

Hang in there! The tightness eases up gradually over the first two or three weeks mostly, and then some will stick with you for a while (there are times things still feel tight over here) but mostly it's that first bit that's the worst, especially when you're hunched over. I remember that feeling of wanting to curl into a ball and just stay that way. Are you getting enough help with your kiddos? Funny, I noticed our bellybuttons were cut in the same shape! I would never have realized that'd be like a standard thing for a surgeon. You have the same little triangle looking edge to your BB that I did the first days. Don't worry, that will look better soon too :) Looking awesome so far!
Thanks girrrrl! You are one sexy mama with your flat tummy. I'm getting lots of help and tomorrow I get to start standing straight. Yippee!

Tomorrow night is my last dose of Fragmin and I...

Tomorrow night is my last dose of Fragmin and I think I may have a glass of wine to celebrate. I hate Fragmin as I've stated before.
The pulling wakes me up usually around 2-4am which is why this is being updated early in the morning.
Weighed myself yesterday and I'm down nearly two pounds yet still a bit swollen which was exciting... Until I thought about how much muscle I'm probably losing. Going to do some light weights once I'm cleared.
I keep thinking how I would not do this again. I don't regret the procedure in fact love the results. I just hate the type of annoying pain and the fact that it kicks your butt for so long. I know it's only been a week but I can tell I won't be 100% for awhile.
With that being said, life is much better one week out. I'm moving around pretty good. Trying to stand straight but that's hard because my abs are so tight. I'm definitely doing no picking up. I take a T3 to get me through the night (well to 2-4am) then I'm up for a couple hours usually. Going to try only Tylenol tomorrow.
Sucks because there is so much pulling in my top abs... Pulls so hard it hurts. I just keep reminding myself of the results. Pain is beauty.
Anyways this is enough for now. I'm blessed with little swelling but lots of bruising. Healing is going excellent but I was in pretty good shape going in (better shape usually means quicker healing). Laughing and coughing still hurts incredibly. Sneezing is not an option right now either. Posted new photos. My apologies on the poor quality of the second photo. My confidence is already better and it's only been a week!
Take care ladies & happy healing!

HAPPY HEALING!! So glad to hear all is well, I'm 8 days PO myself n all the reviews I read that say your confidence level is boosted are sooo true!! Looking good and well deserved :-)
You're looking great! I'm 10 weeks po and am feeling pretty good. I'm back to my original work out routine and I didn't gain all that much, mostly water and I was eating a lot, (out of boredom mostly). I had to start back with lighter weights and less reps, but am just about back to full weights and regular reps. And my hour of cardio 3-4 times per week. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still not 100%, but I can bend backward(enough to gargle, not going to be doing any back bends!), going to work with my trainer next week to start on a good core workout. I had muscle repair and that is really the only area I have achiness. I think it is just repairing. You are looking great and it's only going to get better. Take the time you need for healing. If you can relax this week, do it. Stretch your legs and walk around a bit every few hours, but get your rest. It's so hard to sit around and not do anything, but soon enough you'll be able to do it all again! Sending positive thoughts!
Thanks honey. It's so hard to sit around. I am bored out of my mind and that's really the toughest part. That and muscle repair.

Hi girls! I will post some different photos...

Hi girls!
I will post some different photos later but I wanted to say... I feel great. Was able to start standing straight at a week. PS wanted me to give my MR a week before stretching it. Now that I'm standing life is good. My back no longer hurts and I sleep so much better.
My stomach is still stretching but its not as bad.
Ladies with upcoming surgeries... I stress the importance of a healthy diet and exercise regime before surgery. Each body is different but I found this surgery easier to recover from than a C-Section. This surgery is more invasive and a much larger procedure. But I was in better shape for my TT!
I've been strict with no lifting but I'm doing everything else! Light housework, cooking, playing with the kids (on my bum). I don't need a nap... And I have little swelling! Point being, the better shape you are in, the better recovery will be!
Have a good weekend TT sistahhhhs... Photos to come!

I too am 10 weeks recovery time passes so quick make the most of the rest lol x x

Feeling pretty good and on my feet. Still no...

Feeling pretty good and on my feet. Still no lifting but I am likely doing too much. Doing housework and running errands almost like I was pre-surgery.
My scar is itchy. Swelling isn't that bad, mostly to flanks and upper abdomen. This brings up two questions:
1. Does anyone else have swelling to upper abdomen? I guess I fear that for some unrealistic crazy reason, but stitches tore in my upper abdomen and I'm back to what I was before surgery. Unlikely.
2. Is anyone else's belly button a really big scab? My BB is UGLY.

I am comparing photos and just unsure of if it's normal. It's the weekend so I don't want to bother my PS. All is fine otherwise. I feel great! Off pain meds completely and even slept on my side (although not very comfy).

That is all. Good night ladies!

Every body is different nobody will look the same, you look great, I use a spanx that comes up to my chest super tight and my binder and it helps alot, shaping me really great
Hi I will be 11 weeks post op this Monday I still swell especially in the upper abdomen I wear my binder still at night and in the day under my second stage knickers x x

Well ladies, I've made it two weeks. Recovery has...

Well ladies, I've made it two weeks. Recovery has been easier than I thought. Last week I would have said differently but this week I'm feeling pretty close to 100% aside from the muscle tightness every now and then. Sneezing is still my enemy!
Anyways, today I woke up & dealt with the kids (still not lifting and being very strict about that). Made breakfast, did the dishes, packed the kids up for daycare but had help with getting them both and and out of the car. Changed out my Carseat or another carseat then went shopping. First was the grocery store. All lifting Above a couple pounds I had someone do for me.
Then it was off to the mall (was dying to try on jeans)... Anyways I tried on the entire store but didn't buy much. I fit into size 26 jeans which I haven't seen in 3+ years!!!! Walked the mall a bit then came home and picked up the kids from daycare then came home and made dinner.
Very busy and still got energy so I'm on my third load of laundry. So now its later and I'm updating this and I'm not all that swollen. I do swell but nothing crazy.
So there's a couple questions I have. Am I overdoing it? I seem to be fine with pain, swelling, and tightness however I am able to blow my tummy in and out... Weird.
Also my sensation in my tummy is coming back a bit. It's not so numb anymore. I still have massive scabs in my belly button... And it's still weirdly shaped.
So I think that is all for now. Of course still worried I'm messing up my surgery recovery by going bak to being a single mom fulfilling all my duties except for lifting anything above 5lbs. Rest is not an option.

Happy healing ladies and update soon!

Oh wow! i can just imagine how u felt when those jeans fit! So happy for u!!! :-D
Well hello there tt twin! You look amazing! Ur tummy is soo flat! I still have a substantial amount of upper ab swelling ! We are gonna be sexyyy by the summer! Happy healing, I'll be following ur posts :)!
You look great! Trust your body and rest when you get tired! Good for you on size 26, i haven't seen that size since highschool. Had to laugh last week. So i go shopping for pants and now that i can wear low-cut jeans the new look is high -cut lol..... Now that i can wear tight shirts everything loose and long is in this summer lol..... figures this would happen after a tt. lol. Happy healing and enjoy your new sexy tummy!

Saw te scar yesterday - thought I split a stitch...

Saw te scar yesterday - thought I split a stitch in my BB. Bit of blood... PS is on vacay so the PS on-call saw me (I was thinking of having my TT done through him... Which was awkward. His staff and office were fantastic!) and all is fine. My scar looks great. Will post a photo soon. I like keeping tapes on it for whatever reason. :)

I also have the same issue.. My ps told me its mostly swelling and some of it is me! Which kinda maid me wanna cry... Lol you look amazing though... We just have to wait it out and hope it goes down with time...
Hope so too. The nurse called me yesterday to check in with my BB and I asked her about that and she said its normal. Of course we want it to be perfect right away. Patience is a killer when you've had a destroyed body for years.
I too have the exact same concern- swelling/fat directly above the incision. Everything else looks great except for that area. Take a look at my last two photos. It's not as noticeable with my panties on but I still don't like it. I have my 6 week post op visit next Friday and I will ask my PS about it. I hope it's just swelling that is slow to go down otherwise I'll need more lipo. :-(

Feeling great. Had my 3 week post op today....

Feeling great. Had my 3 week post op today. Everything is great. Onto the silicone "Kelo-Cote" and tape scar treatments. No more compression garment (thank goodness). This should all heal up perfectly. Posted my post-surgery photos from the doc... Made me squirm at the sight. I am a new me... And it radiates. I am so thankful to be able to have done this. I feel so great. So sexy. So pretty!
I have to mention that I love Sharon... My PS's nurse. She is such a gem! Highly recommend Dr Ward and all his staff. They have been so fabulous.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

By post surgery photos I meant Pre surgery photos.

By post surgery photos I meant Pre surgery photos.

Wow! You look fab! Hope you are recovering well. I saw that you mentioned breastfeeding PO in your post. Did you manage to do that? I'm scheduled to get my TT in early June and my daughter will most likely still be nursing. Looking for any tips or advice on that if you have any. Congrats on your AWESOME results!!
Thanks! Breastfeeding through a TT is totally manageable! I weaned to two feedings a day. Nursed the morning before surgery and pumped that night. Their pediatrician said the only narcotic I can't breastfeed with is Perc and high amounts of T3s (talk to your pediatrician too as our meds are likely different). The Fragmin was safe to take while breastfeeding. I weaned off all narcotics (except Fragmin) early and dealt with the pain which was uncomfortable but worth it. I was nursing by day 4-5 and was on Tylenol alone for pain by day. My ped did say I could be on a couple T3s a day while nursing so I did take one-to-two T3s to get me through the night from day 4-7. I pumped twice daily to keep my supply up and now I'm back to breastfeeding. My supply is good enough for 3 feeds a day which is perfect for me and baby. Good luck to you. It's perfectly doable! My PS didn't really agree with it but I asked the PSs on here and they said it was fine.
Hey girlie!! To answer ya question on ya last pix, YES YES YES!! I have the same swelling and my PS said it would go down drastically n to have some patience.. LoL

I'm feeling pretty much back to normal. Energy is...

I'm feeling pretty much back to normal. Energy is great. No working out or heavy lifting even though I feel more than capable... I don't want to jeopardize the healing process.
I'm as flat as they come in the morning and a bit swollen and distorted by the end of the day. Loving the results so far.
My belly button hasn't scarred well but it could be worse. I've been doing a scar treatment on it and it should fade... Or at least I hope!
Scar treatment I'm doing I highly recommend. I use silicone on my belly button twice daily. I use silicone (Kelo-cote to be specific on the brand I use) on my scar twice weekly but cover with tape to avoid a raised scar. I scar terribly so I'm religious on my treatment. I change the tapes Monday and Thursday. I should have a banging body for the summer which I'm excited for given I'm a single mama! I haven't been this small since Pre-baby. Keep in mind I do have a very clean diet to help with my weightloss! I feel great!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Upper abdomen gets quite swollen. Begun lifting...

Upper abdomen gets quite swollen. Begun lifting the kiddos as I'm becoming more independent. Hope I don't mess anything up. They told me 6 weeks and I've done my best to honor it but I'm going crazy depending on others! Anyone else have this distorted swelling? It hurts a bit too... Like an uncomfortable pain.

I'm miserable today. Progressing swelling of upper...

I'm miserable today. Progressing swelling of upper abdomen. Recovery was a breeze for me but this last week has been a nightmare. First it begun with a bit of swelling in the upper abdomen to a lot of swelling that behind as soon as I'm up. Not to mention, there's pain associated with it. Posting more photos. Hoping I didn't mess anything up.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

So I tried calling my PS today about my stomach....

So I tried calling my PS today about my stomach. Left a very brief undescriptive voicemail thanks to some jerk who got me all flustered while I was leaving the message. Needless to say, my doc hasn't called me back. I'm beginning to think I have a seroma as its hard and can move around... Slightly painful and completely morphed my tummy. It use I go down in the morning but now its constantly large and makes me look pregnant in the upper abdomen. I am miserable and sore. Blah!!!

I am 5 weeks PO and this week will be my 3rd week of having to get my seroma drained, I go 2x a week and he pulls out about 100 cc's each time... Hoping this will be my last week. Hope your ps figures it out soon, it's sucks to feel so miserable this far out.
If you tap your tummy and you see a wave that's a good sign of a seroma. I had a seroma. Mine just popped opened on it's own and drained. I still had to see my ps and he cut me and dug his finger and pressed my tummy to get the rest of the fluid out. Then I had to pack it twice a day for about 6 weeks.
Swelling will continue for some time yet, I am 20 weeks po and swell a lot still and something awful when I exercise! But it does get less as times goes on. If it is a seroma it will ripple when tapped like a water bed. But yours doesn't sound like that, try getting in touch with your ps. Good luck!

Went to the doc today. No seroma (thank God). No...

Went to the doc today. No seroma (thank God). No ripped sutures in my abs... Muscle repair is healing nicely. There's no definite answer to my random swelling aside from weak upper abs and maybe bloating that's pushing through (which I don't feel bloated but ill take it). In all fairness, I haven't been on my usually "clean" diet the last few days so its possible. Either way I'm happy.
When I got into the shower tonight, I did notice I had a crease in my flanks. Hope it's not permanent. You can see the shadowing in my photo.

Im sending you positive vibes!!! Hope the swelling subsides asap!
You are days away!
Did he stitch your muscles all the way up or just behind bb? To be you still look swollen, this is a long recovery and this week you will look like that and next week you will be flat again. It's so wierd!!! I have a couple good weeks and then 1 really really bad week. Even on my good weeks i don't feel i'm truely flat yet. Give it time girl, don't let it bring you down :) You still look great to me :)

All is going well. Been at the gym working out and...

All is going well. Been at the gym working out and I feel great. There's tightness at my incision which I'm sure is normal.
I don't really like my belly button that much. The scarring isn't very flattering and I don't like the shape. Other than that I love the results!

PO week 9

Just a quick update. Feeling great! Still swelling but otherwise all is good. Definitely do not regret my decision to do this. Not only has my body changed, but my attitude and my confidence. I'm beaming! I feel so good about myself! Highly recommend this surgery to anyone.

Looking good! I feel the exact same way as you! No regrets here.
Hii the brown tape is for scaring wear you get that. Also how are you feeling now..
My PS gives me the tape and its to keep the scar thin and to prevent it from lifting. So far its a thin scar and its nice and smooth. I'm also using silicone. I'm feeling great now. Still tight but I'd say 95% of what I was before.

PO Week 12

Well... I'm pretty much cleared for everything now although some things still hurt. I've begun to incorporate core and abs into my workouts but it's still sensitive.
My belly button seems to be getting better and my scar looks amazing. I've been religious with my tape and silicone treatment.
Two things that I've been thinking about.
1. I feel like the liposuction was a waste of time. I still have love handles and a little dimple. It's not even and well... I'm not happy with the liposuction.
2. I was expecting a flat stomach but it's not exactly flat once your muscle recovers from the muscle repair.
I had high expectations and they have still been met; however, I am still bummed I have very noticeable love handles after spending a couple thousand to have them gone.
I eat clean and work out and my body has kind of plateau'ed with my weight loss. My weight has gone up but it's definitely just muscle as my pants are the same fit. I'm staying optimistic as persistence is key.
I definitely feel 10000000000% sexier than I did 4 months ago!!! Definitely recommend this surgery and my doctor!

You are looking fantastic! You still have healing to do and swelling to get through. Though you look flat to me! Even though you are cleared to do everything, don't push yourself past where you feel comfortable. The sensitivity will go away, I still have some in the middle part of my belly, but it's considerably less! Keep up the great work!!!
Thanks girl! I'm trying. My stomach is much better than what it was but its a mental battle to grasp that. My skin from my belly button down has elasticity and full of stretch marks plus I still have love handles. My belly button has scar tissue (purple) so it's hard to see past that now that my Pre-stomach is nothing but an old memory. You look great too! Keep up the good work.

PO - 4 months

All is good. Actively working out. Feel better than ever!!!! Worth it for sure.

Looking great chica enjoy that me flat tummy! !!
New..typo

6 months!

I can't believe its been 6 months. I feel amazing. This has been the best thing I've ever done... My confidence is beaming and I feel so good about myself. I'm pretty much back to normal with everything. Best decision of my life (one of them).

Just wanted to thank you for your response. You gave me the encouragement I needed. I had my TT 3 months ago and continued breastfeeding. It really was manageable and it was nice to still have that special bonding time with my little one since it's hard not being able to pick them up those weeks in the beginning. I feel so great and am so happy I did this for myself. Thanks again for sharing your story. I would have held off on the surgery or possibly not done it all without hearing personal accounts of women who were able to continue nursing. My PS and his nurses are great but I think I was the first to ever ask them about surgery and breastfeeding, lol.
Surrey Plastic Surgeon

I know a couple women who have had their TTs done through him and their results were fantastic. I knew he was my best choice for me. He does the drain-less TT procedure which most plastic surgeons do not. He will spend time at your consultation and explain everything to you and his staff is fantastic. The care provided was superb and exceeded my expectations. I definitely recommend Dr. Ward.