Supralase....

I love my results of tis surgery.  I wish I...

I love my results of tis surgery.  I wish I would have done it sooner.  This was an all laser procedure. I had it done on Friday May 2nd and went back to work that Tuesday. There was no pain at all.  I have never used so many eye drops in my life (required medication for recovery)...lol.  I chose this procedure because I personally have a fear of the flap that is created in the Lasik procedure.

The doctor that I went to is the developer of Supralase. He refined the methodology for the exquisite "no touch" corneal surface vision correction.  Supralase's unique mathematical formula with its very precise pharmacological regimen secures the procedures pristine outcomes.  Supralase is successful in the treatment of myopia and astigmatism.

What differentiates SUPRALASE from PRK or other flap procedures like LASIK or INTRALASE?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

If you are considering any form of laser eye...

If you are considering any form of laser eye surgery and have been told you are a good candidate, I would say "Go for it!"   It is so worth it in the long run.  I do not miss sticking contacts in my eyes, walking around with one contact because the other bothered me throughout the day, or wearing glasses when I run out of contacts.

My vision is EXTREMELY clear, I actually think my vision is better than it was with contacts, but I will not find out until June 4th when I go for my first complete eye exam since surgery.

Wow, I'm reading these comments and all I can think is, do i wanna go for that enhancement now? I had my surgery done in '07. I knew back then my vision wouldn't be perfect. I gained 20/40 at the end, which is waay better than what I had. But now my vision is declined to where I have a driving restriction on my license. I'm scheduled for an enhancement/touch-up this May or June, but now i'm wondering if I should...at least with this procedure, considering I'm not the only one whose vision has declined afterwards. I wonder how many more are like this?
lots i did my research
Dr. Rampona is awesome! Like the last person who posted, my vision was awful, over 20/200 or 20/400 (honestly, I cannot remember other than I was considered legally blind w/out contacts or glasses. My only complaint now is blepharitis, & I'm not sure if this is a result of the surgery or not. Nevertheless, Dr. Rampona and his staff is always polite and knowledgeable. When I leave his office, I feel confident that I have received optimal care!
Virginia Beach Ophthalmologist