Blepharoplasty - Sugar Land, TX

It's the day after and I feel great! I am 54...

It's the day after and I feel great! I am 54 years old and my eyelids were so heavy they just sat on my eyelashes! I gave up trying to wear mascara altogether.

The only pain I experienced was a couple hours after the surgery, and I believe it's only because the local anesthesia around the eye area had worn off. Otherwise, I feel great!

I can do pretty much everything I did before. But, I need to lay down with cooling eye gels more often. Sitting still is not something I do well though, ha. The cost included everything, the doctor, anesthesia, hospital facility etc.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I meant to add a photo of my eyes the way they...

I meant to add a photo of my eyes the way they looked before the procedure. See my photo gallery.

Ouch, those after photos look painful but you can definitely see a huge difference already! How is your recovery going?

Thank you for your message Sharon. Well it's exactly one week today since my surgery, I am still experiencing lots of swelling and redness, it's pretty dang bad in the mornings. I get my sutures out today though so I can discuss with the doc. I know it's normal, but you know how it is, we want results instantly! I will update my photos too at a later date when I start to look better. :-D

Mornings are the worst, definitely. Try sleeping with your head elevated a bit, if you can.

I'm two weeks post op and moving right along....

I'm two weeks post op and moving right along. I know I still have a ways to go, but so far so good!

Well I have to say ypur PS is very good. He did not do anything too radical. It seems like you look now exactly how you used to look before you needed the little help. I think overall you have very nice skin. Lucky girl!
Hello Marianne,

I just got this picture. Your results are getting better and better.
I am still trying to figure out how to upload my pictures...
Ha, frustrating technology, what can I say! I have always had my son around to help me with these issues or else I'd never figure out how to do this either, or cry trying. I went to a bridal shower out of town this weekend and saw a friend I hadn't seen in years and she kept telling me how good I looked but couldn't pinpoint what it was. I finally told her I had my eyes done, she was amazed, couldn't tell, just that I looked great. That's all I wanted really, to look normal instead of tired and unhappy. I got the result I went after!

It's been about 1.5 months since my surgery...

It's been about 1.5 months since my surgery and it just gets better and better. Admittedly the first couple weeks were trying, I looked a fright, but that's to be expected. Then suddenly, it all starts turning in your favor. I've tried to keep a good photo log for those of you considering this surgery. I am also about to post a closed eye photo to give you an idea how that looks. Dermablend, works great to cover the redness as you heal. It truly does work very, very well.

I love your new look. I am getting mine done in Calgary, Alberta this Monday. That is in three more days. I too am going to take pictures of each stage. Good for a keepsake for whoever else in my family and friends are interested. Thank you Ms. Marianne for all the pictures and comments. Most helpful and very encouraging for me. Thanks Marj
Oh yay, good for you! Yours is coming up soon, huh? :-} Can't wait to hear how it goes for you! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by and that it is all behind me now. I counted down the days until my surgery, and here it is, not quite a month and a half later. I wish you the best of luck and have every confidence it will go well for you and, I've heard it's one of the safest, least invasive plastic surgeries yielding the most natural look too. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who will look at you and think you've had plastic surgery. It's a relatively easy way to take years off your face!! Good luck!!!
Thank you so much. I will keep in touch. Marj

Okie dokie, saw Dr. Kutty yesterday for my 'after'...

Okie dokie, saw Dr. Kutty yesterday for my 'after' photos. I took a photo myself too and am posting it today. It's probably the last one I'll post until another 6 months pass by.

My eyes looked completely different from each other. But over time, it all evened out and continues to improve. Definitely use COLD compresses. Frozen peas work or, I bought a gel eye mask that you can pick up at any pharmacy or grocery store and kept it in the frig. I'd leave it on my eyes until it turned room temperature then put it back in the frig. I used it first thing in the morning and a couple times during the day. It is okay to start using it immediately. The sooner the better. It will give you lots of relief and help reduce swelling. :-D
Oh, thank you for telling about how your recovery went! Yesterday - 1st day post surgery - I was afraid my eyes wouldn't open - my lids were so swollen. Today - one eye is open more than the other. If both were like the one, I'd feel a little better. I had a ptosis repair too so the one eye had more 'tightening' than the other. Now I'm worried one eye will be wide open and the other will be small. Sigh. I'll get some Arnica! Any other suggestions? Did any of your eyes look more shut than the other right after surgery? Should I continue cold (frozen peas) or do warm compresses (3rd day post surgery)?
Regards,
Suzanne
I am in day 3 and - yeow - I look like I lost a fight. One eye is open about half way. The other eye is open about 1/4th. Swollen - black and blue! Is this normal???? I am so worried! I look awful! I like reading about your experiences but you all seem to have had no problem. What about right after surgery???? Thank you, Suzanne

It's been 9 months and I've posted a new photo.

It's been 9 months and I've posted a new photo.

Wow, your results look fantastic! You look so much younger(and you have such pretty lashes!). It's funny how you think some of your recovery pics look "gruesome", but honestly, I was thinking how I wished my recovery looked more like yours! I had really bad bruising and swelling for about 3 weeks. I'm 3 months post-op now and I'm doing much better. I had a little bump along my incision line at my innner corner of my left eye, and my surgeon said sometimes skin cells get under the incision line and cause a cyst. He gave me a numbing shot, cut it, and pulled it right out. I still have a little bit of redness at my inner eyes, which I don't mind since I wear makeup. I still have days when I wake up with swelling, but a gel eye masks works great. Overall, I'm really happy I had the surgery done and I'm fortunate to not have any scarring. I'm pretty sure if everyone had the results you have, there would 100% of people saying this surgery is worth it. Thanks for sharing your story :)
Thank you so much! I too have a little bump at the end of an incision line and my doc said to massage it frequently and it would go away. Well, I forgot to do that and it's not really noticeable anyway so I'm not too concerned. I'm just super pleased with the overall result. My eyelids are still pretty red but when I wear make up, I use a cover cream called Dermablend on the lids, use finishing powder over it and I'm all set! You will be thrilled too when you get more time under your belt. Believe me, the swelling and bruising does go away! As we age, our eyes give us away and a Blepharoplasty takes years off with hardly any obvious signs!
Wow your new photo looks awesome! If I hadn't read that you are 54, I'd have thought early 40's. So beautiful!

I'm in the Houston area, and I've struggled with whether to do this or not. But your doctor sounds great, so I'm glad you gave his name.

Have you had ANY negative effects? Dry eyes, not being able to close eyes properly, etc.?

Again, you're so beautiful!

SO happy!! Thank you Dr. Kutty. It is so much...

SO happy!! Thank you Dr. Kutty. It is so much fun to put on my make up in the mornings now!!! Just added another 'before' photo I found.

It has been 10 days since surgery and I feel great but my eyes look like I have the flu or something. Still swollen and puffy....trying to be patient. The whole procedure was easier than I anticipated but I am anxious to see results
Bernice, it will get better!! My lids were uneven after the surgery and I looked horrible and was terrified I'd ruined my face! My son could hardly stand to look at me the first 2-3 weeks after surgery. But you can see from my recent photos, it all turned out fine. I had so much swelling, redness, each eye looked different, I was very worried too. My swelling seemed worse too as the days went by then suddenly everything started to get better. Hang in there, I know it's scary!! :-)
You look great--what a good result. did you use anything to keep the scars moist-or artificial tears for longer than the first couple of weeks? Thanks

It's been about 16 months since my Blepharoplasty...

It's been about 16 months since my Blepharoplasty and I'm still extremely happy I did it. If I could afford it, I'd definitely have been in to see Dr. Kutty before now to add a few procedures. Hopefully one day! :-)

3 years later

My eyes are still just as lovely as ever! Still thrilled with the results. Thank you Dr. Kutty.

So encouraging to see your beautiful results! I am getting my eyes done in September and appreciate you taking the time to post photos and share your story. You are lovely!
Thank you! I hope yours turns out as well. It was SO worth it!
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Dr. K, I liked him instantly. He made recommendations to think about in the future but he did not pressure me to do anything else "while we're at it" so to speak, which showed me he was respectful of my pocketbook as well. Dr. K has a gentle manner and I felt very comfortable turning my eyes over to him!