Blepharoplasty - Sugar Land, TX

It's the day after and I feel great! I am 54...

It's the day after and I feel great! I am 54 years old and my eyelids were so heavy they just sat on my eyelashes! I gave up trying to wear mascara altogether.

The only pain I experienced was a couple hours after the surgery, and I believe it's only because the local anesthesia around the eye area had worn off. Otherwise, I feel great!

I can do pretty much everything I did before. But, I need to lay down with cooling eye gels more often. Sitting still is not something I do well though, ha. The cost included everything, the doctor, anesthesia, hospital facility etc.

I meant to add a photo of my eyes the way they...

I meant to add a photo of my eyes the way they looked before the procedure. See my photo gallery.

I'm two weeks post op and moving right along....

I'm two weeks post op and moving right along. I know I still have a ways to go, but so far so good!

It's been about 1.5 months since my surgery...

It's been about 1.5 months since my surgery and it just gets better and better. Admittedly the first couple weeks were trying, I looked a fright, but that's to be expected. Then suddenly, it all starts turning in your favor. I've tried to keep a good photo log for those of you considering this surgery. I am also about to post a closed eye photo to give you an idea how that looks. Dermablend, works great to cover the redness as you heal. It truly does work very, very well.

Okie dokie, saw Dr. Kutty yesterday for my 'after'...

Okie dokie, saw Dr. Kutty yesterday for my 'after' photos. I took a photo myself too and am posting it today. It's probably the last one I'll post until another 6 months pass by.

It's been 9 months and I've posted a new photo.

It's been 9 months and I've posted a new photo.

SO happy!! Thank you Dr. Kutty. It is so much...

SO happy!! Thank you Dr. Kutty. It is so much fun to put on my make up in the mornings now!!! Just added another 'before' photo I found.

It's been about 16 months since my Blepharoplasty...

It's been about 16 months since my Blepharoplasty and I'm still extremely happy I did it. If I could afford it, I'd definitely have been in to see Dr. Kutty before now to add a few procedures. Hopefully one day! :-)

3 years later

My eyes are still just as lovely as ever! Still thrilled with the results. Thank you Dr. Kutty.
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Dr. K, I liked him instantly. He made recommendations to think about in the future but he did not pressure me to do anything else "while we're at it" so to speak, which showed me he was respectful of my pocketbook as well. Dr. K has a gentle manner and I felt very comfortable turning my eyes over to him!

So encouraging to see your beautiful results! I am getting my eyes done in September and appreciate you taking the time to post photos and share your story. You are lovely!
Thank you! I hope yours turns out as well. It was SO worth it!
It has been 10 days since surgery and I feel great but my eyes look like I have the flu or something. Still swollen and puffy....trying to be patient. The whole procedure was easier than I anticipated but I am anxious to see results
Bernice, it will get better!! My lids were uneven after the surgery and I looked horrible and was terrified I'd ruined my face! My son could hardly stand to look at me the first 2-3 weeks after surgery. But you can see from my recent photos, it all turned out fine. I had so much swelling, redness, each eye looked different, I was very worried too. My swelling seemed worse too as the days went by then suddenly everything started to get better. Hang in there, I know it's scary!! :-)
You look great--what a good result. did you use anything to keep the scars moist-or artificial tears for longer than the first couple of weeks? Thanks
Actually I used Arnica, which is a natural remedy, I used the cream around my eyes to help with redness and swelling and I also took the Arnica tablets that dissolve under your tongue. I also had an ointment the doc prescribed in the very beginning. It's been over a year now and I'm having a hard time remembering the details! I do not regret it at all and no one would guess I've had this surgery. I bought the Arnica at Whole Foods but you can find it other places as well. I don't think I used anything like eye drops. My scars are barely visible to the naked eye, they're flat and slightly lighter but honestly you just can't see them, they hide in your natural skin folds anyway. I still use a cover/concealing cream on my lids, as they are still a little pink.
Oh my marianne, you certaonly look like you are just in early forties! Today is my 2nd day of Suture Bleph, and the crease looks much higher than what I'm expecting and the swell was worst than yesterday! Is it normal? I am not aiming for a high crease, just want a normal Asian crease and im satisfied.. I couldn't see 1/5 of my eyelid when I look into the mirror/tries to open my eyes widely! Is it normal as Well? I literally regretted that I have done this surgery.. :,(
thank you for your blog and pictures...found them the day before my surgery for upper and lower and you gave me strength. It's 2 days post surgery and I'm doing well and very excited for future results. I just turned 63 this week and probably should have done this years ago but didn't have the balls!
Dear dsweetwalsh, congratulations, you did it! I hope you are as thrilled with the end result as I am. I can't believe it will already be a year in April since I had the surgery. Seems just the other day, I was impatiently counting down the 3 weeks till the surgery. My how time flies when we get on the other side of 50+. I decided to create this blog for other women to get an idea what they can expect. I explored the internet myself, before my surgery, but never found anything quite like this, progressive photo's of a real person, not some doctor's website with photo's. Thanks for stopping by, let me know how it goes for you! :-)
Hi dsweetwalsch, how's your recovery so far? Just
Like your First post, I was 2 days post suture bleph for upper eyelid only, and I'm feeling so uncertain and disturbed..
Bernicewong
Wow, your results look fantastic! You look so much younger(and you have such pretty lashes!). It's funny how you think some of your recovery pics look "gruesome", but honestly, I was thinking how I wished my recovery looked more like yours! I had really bad bruising and swelling for about 3 weeks. I'm 3 months post-op now and I'm doing much better. I had a little bump along my incision line at my innner corner of my left eye, and my surgeon said sometimes skin cells get under the incision line and cause a cyst. He gave me a numbing shot, cut it, and pulled it right out. I still have a little bit of redness at my inner eyes, which I don't mind since I wear makeup. I still have days when I wake up with swelling, but a gel eye masks works great. Overall, I'm really happy I had the surgery done and I'm fortunate to not have any scarring. I'm pretty sure if everyone had the results you have, there would 100% of people saying this surgery is worth it. Thanks for sharing your story :)
Thank you so much! I too have a little bump at the end of an incision line and my doc said to massage it frequently and it would go away. Well, I forgot to do that and it's not really noticeable anyway so I'm not too concerned. I'm just super pleased with the overall result. My eyelids are still pretty red but when I wear make up, I use a cover cream called Dermablend on the lids, use finishing powder over it and I'm all set! You will be thrilled too when you get more time under your belt. Believe me, the swelling and bruising does go away! As we age, our eyes give us away and a Blepharoplasty takes years off with hardly any obvious signs!
Wow your new photo looks awesome! If I hadn't read that you are 54, I'd have thought early 40's. So beautiful!

I'm in the Houston area, and I've struggled with whether to do this or not. But your doctor sounds great, so I'm glad you gave his name.

Have you had ANY negative effects? Dry eyes, not being able to close eyes properly, etc.?

Again, you're so beautiful!
Wow, thank you for the nice comments! I didn't have any unusual, or negative effects from the surgery. Everything went along pretty much as expected and I am still SO glad I did this! If you are considering it, I would highly recommend Dr. Kutty. I just loved him and am so pleased with the result. The first couple weeks I definitely questioned what I had done, I looked awful and wondered if the swelling would ever go down and if I'd ever look normal again. As you can see from the photo's, it went very well. Don't be afraid, just go for it, you won't be disappointed. Good luck!! Marianne :-)
My eyes looked completely different from each other. But over time, it all evened out and continues to improve. Definitely use COLD compresses. Frozen peas work or, I bought a gel eye mask that you can pick up at any pharmacy or grocery store and kept it in the frig. I'd leave it on my eyes until it turned room temperature then put it back in the frig. I used it first thing in the morning and a couple times during the day. It is okay to start using it immediately. The sooner the better. It will give you lots of relief and help reduce swelling. :-D
Oh, thank you for telling about how your recovery went! Yesterday - 1st day post surgery - I was afraid my eyes wouldn't open - my lids were so swollen. Today - one eye is open more than the other. If both were like the one, I'd feel a little better. I had a ptosis repair too so the one eye had more 'tightening' than the other. Now I'm worried one eye will be wide open and the other will be small. Sigh. I'll get some Arnica! Any other suggestions? Did any of your eyes look more shut than the other right after surgery? Should I continue cold (frozen peas) or do warm compresses (3rd day post surgery)?
Regards,
Suzanne
I am in day 3 and - yeow - I look like I lost a fight. One eye is open about half way. The other eye is open about 1/4th. Swollen - black and blue! Is this normal???? I am so worried! I look awful! I like reading about your experiences but you all seem to have had no problem. What about right after surgery???? Thank you, Suzanne
Suzanne, try not to worry, I experienced the same thing. The first 2-3 weeks were awful!!! I thought I was ruined for life, what have I done and all that. I thought I'd never look or feel normal again. But, suddenly all the swelling and redness begins to subside. I had a lot of pain the first day or two. I also used a cold compress on my eyes a couple times a day and took Arnica Montana which you can find at Whole Foods or somewhere similar. It is a natural substance that I credit for speeding up my recovery. I took the tablets, they are great with helping to reduce swelling, bruising and redness. I also smoke!! This is a huge no-no and I was supposed to stop 3 weeks prior and 3 weeks after surgery which I could not do. So, if I survived this, you will too!!! :-}
And yes, right after surgery is pretty awful too. You'll get through it.
I'm in my 2 week post op. It's normal to be extremely swollen and bruise for 1-2 weeks. The first hour after surgery- my eyelids were swollen and red. The second and third day, they turn a deep blue/purple color. By the seven day, my eyelids turn a deep yellowish/greenish color. At my ten day, all the bruising faded.

Most of the swelling is gone too. But I still have slight swelling on the eyelids itself. I'm waiting for it to "thin" out. My doctor gave me a prescription called Medrol to help my swelling go down faster. I have to go back to work next week. I'm a bit nervous to go back. I have co-workers from hell. They are very intrusive and love to gossip. They enjoy making others feel miserable.

Anyway, enough about my co-workers. Everyone heals at a different rate. Hopefully, the prescription will work. I haven't notice any improvement in my swelling yet. I've been taking my medicine for 4 days now. I have 2 more days left on this medicine.

The recovery phase is a waiting game for me. So I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Anna
Wow. You had an excellent result. No complications at all. I'm very happy for you. You look gorgeous!
Your surgeon must be very talented and competent in eyelid surgery.
Thank you! Super glad I had it done and am glad I chose the doctor I did! He is wonderful. I just looked back through the photo's I have posted, some of them are pretty gruesome, ha! But, I'm leaving them up so other women will know what to expect.
Hello Marianne,

Your results are just amazing. Getting better and better. You look so pretty.
Thank you!
You look amazing. Your posting helped me so much. I am at post-op 9 days and have been so nervous if this is going to be better or this is permanent in terms of eye crease structure. (puffy, wide, unnatural crease) Thank you so much.