On the Fence! - Sugar Land, TX

Ok ladies looking for some tips...I'm 30 yrs old 2...

Ok ladies looking for some tips...I'm 30 yrs old 2 kids I am considering a mini ubl with implants. I am currently a 34A (barely) I am concerned about the lift and incision and exactly how it will lift my breasts. I also would like input on silicone vs saline implants Dr.H is sugessing silicone implants. I guess my only hesitation is I've always heard silicone implants arent the safest route.

undecided

I have decided to have a few more consults before making my final decision with whom I will use for my breast lift with augmentation but I am still going through with the procedure sometime in October 2013

Good luck with your search for a PS and consultations! The new silicone implants are very safe and I think they feel more natural. I'm very pleased with my scars and can't believe how fast they are fading.
Hey there, wondering if you've made any headway with your decision?
It has been 1 year and 2 months since my BA and BL (full anchor). They have faded soooo much. I should post updated pics. I don't regret it at all. I do feel like my PS could've shortened my incision just a couple of cm and I would have zero complaints. This is something that also has continued to minimize. It takes a long time to completely heal from and see optimal results.
That's the direction I'm headed the scars really don't bother me I know they'll fade and my husband and I will be the only ones to see them...the anchor lift seems to have the results I'm looking for .....I have a consult on Tuesday then I csn make my final decision on which Dr to go with
Hi! I was totally in the same boat! Look forward to hearing what you decide to do :-) I am going with the full anchor lif with augment (although I'm not actually going any bigger - just for the upper pole fullness)...from what I've seen I like the look of that type of lift best once the scars fade...keep us posted!

Here is an article from our RealSelf Doctor Q&A that might be of interest to you:

Silicone Vs. Saline - Which Breast Implant is Safer?

Some pre-op photos might be helpful. How many cc's are you aiming for?

I'm not real sure how many cc's I want to go to a 34D and I am currently a 34A (barely)

You'll have a better idea once you have a consult and can try on sizers. You might also entertain the idea of doing the rice test, if you haven't already, to help you determine how many cc's you would like.

Your PS can tell you...s/he will have a bunch of testers you can try :)
Yes I definitely need a lift, I've been to several different ps and they've all come to the same conclusion implants alone will not fix the sagging(even as small as they are lol)I have almost decided on Dr.H....he's very informative and prompt. I've been to over 5 different PS and I feel the most comfortable with him. I haven't spoke personally with any of his former patients just reviews I've read on this website and his personal website, but he's willing to connect you with former patients for any questions or concerns you may want to ask them. I will be calling for a few references this week.
Sounds like you are doing a great job at research. Follow your gut feeling and best of luck :-)
Have you researched Dr. Horndeski's procedure? I visited with him several times to get a better understanding and its NOT your standard mini or fill lift THAT is for sure! His other patients who have had it done will also attest to that ... Not a nurse but to me good research also includes knowing as much about the procedure Dr. H does and talking with others of who have undergone it! I too visited with several PS.... All doing the old procedures! I spoke to one one of dr. H's patients who had this done over 8 years ago and she said she was STILL amazed at her results! I wish you luck on your decision ....
I agree on the research for sure! And sounds like he has a great reputation also.
Hmmmm.... It's really a personal choice on saline vs silicone. I opted for saline just because I worry too much and even though they are super safe now I know I'd still worry. When a saline implants leaks it deflates and when a silicone one does, you can only tell by special imagining. Silicone is supposed to be very safe these days. That being said, my PS said there's not a lot of difference look wise in his opinion. As far as the lift goes, if you do it go for a full lift. Lots more incisions, but I've heard time and time again how the minis and others don't really do the job. I would think with as small as you are that you wouldn't need a lift. You will fill and lift up with the implants. I'm not a doctor, but I'd get a second opinion if you are questioning it at all. I had large B/small C very saggy boobs and definitely needed a lift. The rule of thumb is that your nipple (not aereola) should be in line with your natural breast crease (under your boob). If its below that you need a lift. Pics would be helpful also.
I should also mention I am a nurse and did work a little in plastics and did extensive research on these procedures :-)
I was told the silicone he uses are the ones thAt are like the "gummy bear" ones! Like if you cut them in half the silicone stays in place ...
Yes, that is true he uses the sientra implants. If you were to cut them in half nothing would leak out. I went with Dr. Horndeski for the mini ubl and silicone implants. Dr. Horndeski states that he like silicone vs saline because they feel more natural. But ultimately the decision is up to you. Good luck!