I Thank God for Dr. Horndeski in Sugar Land, Texas...
To make a long story short, my surgery was completed Feb 6th 2013 and although I'm still in my infancy stages I am sooooo happy and so in love with the results already.. My breast are round, high and perky like an 18 year old lol.. For the first 2 days all I wanted was to sleep but by the 3rd day I was up walking around.
I am 35 years old, no children, 5'1 and weight 152 pounds. Not my ideal weight but planning more surgery this spring so losing weight wasn't a priority for me before the breast reduction/ lift. My bra size was measure at 33H. However, I've been wearing a 38D for years. I've been in the wrong bra apparently.
I am still recovery so I don't have enough photos to show but I will soon.
I flew from Chicago to Sugar Land, Texas. I stayed at the holiday inn express for 7 days. Jana, the staff office manger arranged for me to have a 2 nurses. And I must say, the nurses were angel sent. The sweetest people I've ever met.
What I spent?
Airfare was $277
Hotel was $790
4 new photos.
My New Breast. High, Round, Perky and m
Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! Boobs for me.
Today is the day my strips come off. Well actually its suppose to be tomorrow but I couldn't wait any longer. Too excited. I am all finished with the antibiotics. I took a hot shower and let the water peel away the strips. I used antibiotics soap to wash. I then applied 100% silicon gel over the scars and incision. All my incision have closed completely so it's safe to use whatever gel, strips or fade creams you choose. Just be sure to apply it on clean dry skin.
Because I was afraid to catch an infection, as gross as this may sound I only washed up over the barhroom sink. I did not shower or bath directly. I didn't want to chance getting infected. I've been home recovery since surgery. I did not develop a rash. Keloid or infection.
Ok here's how I feeling. I am still tight and numb but no pain and soreness. The swelling has gone down.. I am still a little tender under the arm but that's expected due to the placement of the drains. You can see from the photo some bruising under the right arm.
The shape of the breast are perfect for my frame. Way better then how they looked before. No way will you catch me complaining. I'll update more photos tomorrow once I remove the strips around the nipples but I added 1 photo as a sneak peek.
In the photo you will see some gathering in the immediately crease under the right breast. I expect that to fall in place a few months down the line. Overall, I made the best decisions of my life..
As promised, NEW photos without the strips/tape.
Let me start off by saying this is a joint venture. You can not walk into any surgeon's office wanting to walk out looking like model. Better yet, even asking for perfection. That's unrealistic! I've read some reviews, comments and questions from others on Realself regarding Dr Horndeski. Some favorable, some not so much. However, with over 90% good reviews, I was convinced I choose the right Dr. So here's what I did to prepare for the surgery. Remember the best result comes from YOUR EFFORT AS WELL. ESPECIALLY before surgery.
1. Worked out. I lifted the weights. No cardio. (I wasn't trying to lose weight and have more loose skin). I only wanted to build muscle under my breast tissue and surrounding area. 2 months before surgery.
2. I ate right, but that's a given right? Your body heals from inside, out. Lots of green and plenty of water. Everyday.
3. Muti vitamin for women. Stopped 2 weeks before surgery.
4. I used any lotion that helped with elasticity.. Everyday for 3 months. Ok so let me elaborate more.. How long it takes a scar to heal depends on the person, overall health and age, the type of injury itself. Scars heal more quickly the younger you are, due to better skin elasticity and better collegen production. So basically, the healthier you are, the shorter the healing time on average. Plus you would yield outstanding results. But dont try telling this to a 60 year old women who waited 30 years to have a breast lift with really really poor skin elasticity.. I'm sure they're on blogs like this blaming their surgeon..
I hope this information is helpful. I did my research over and over again. Please do not let disturbing words from an unstable user convince you out of a remarkable surgery. Keep in mind all Dr's get unfavorable reviews. It's how they get better by listening to their patients. Its almost like saying every defense attorney will win every case they take to trial. Impossible. You win some and you lose some.. However, it's so worth the investment.
Gels and cream I'm using to help in my healing and speedy recovery
2. Kelo-cote 100% silicone. I apply this around the areola and incisions under my breast only. My plan is to use this twice a day for 90 days as reccomamded.
3. I am still using gauze around my incisions for a few more months. I don't want to irrate my scars with my bra or open any incisions prematurely.
Honestly, You just can not make this stuff up!!! Dr. Horndeski and his staff made me feel like family. Jana (the office manger) picked me up and dropped me off to the surgical center the day of surgery. The next day, Dr Horndseski and his nurse Elisa visited me at my hotel. Dr. Horndseski himself visited me another 2 more times to see how I was I doing, remove my stitches and drains. I can't think of another surgeon who still makes house calls. What a lovely staff. Everyone is professional and just so nice..