42 Yrs Modified TT W/lipo on flanks replacement of belly button Muscle repair - Sturbridge, MA

I'm very worried after reading a lot of reviews if...

I'm very worried after reading a lot of reviews if the mini TT is the way to go :/ I work out 6 days a week but no matter how hard I do I can't seem to lose anything from my abdominal area, I'm assuming age plays a factor as well as menopause I went thru young at 39, all I want is a flat belly and less noticeable stretch marks

Getting excited

Doing a cleanse by jillian michaels hope it works love to loose 5lbs before surgery, trying to stop stressing so much about the results of surgery : / more stressed that the mini TT will look good than the actual procedure

Saw surgeon today :)

Made & apt to speak w/surgeon feeling so much better he explained in detail what he will do and assured me I'll look great :) also he added in replacing my belly button to pull upper skin tight as well, so excited now just ready to get this over with and enjoy my new body 7 days to go!

Surgery in the morning :)

It's that time, so nervious just wishing for the best trying to stay positive and happy can't wait to just get this over with so I can sleep again it's consumed my every thaught for long enough I hope I'm over analyzing recovery & it won't be as bad as I'm anticipateing I'll post pics a soon as I can wish me luck :)

So happy

Even with the swelling I am so happy no more strech marks I'm so grateful

Baylee

My healing buddy

Ohh the swelling :/

Day 3 phew it been rough now I know why they say it's hard I'm trying to stay positive but I am not very patcient and the swelling is brutal :( on the up side no strech marks I can't believe it I'm over whelmed with joy never thaught I'd see the day. I can't wait to see my final results. Now about these stupid drains omg I hate them can't wait for them to be out the binder my ps gave me was a full body suit no more like a ( death trap) I couldn't do it any more I had to change into the one I purchased on line so glad I did it's much more comfortable any little bit helps, I've been getting up & moving around some I definatly over did it I washed my hair and gave myself a sponge bath and changed out of the death trap and started to feel very sick & weak, but atleast I'm clean well over due. I'm anxious to feel normal and get back to some if my daily routine hopefully by next week, any advice in how to get thru this I'd be very grateful how to deal w/ the swelling such a bummer ok well that's it for now I snapped a quick pick before I almost passes out lol I'll post it

Perks

Sorry for all the spelling issues well blame it on the drugs ;)

Day 6

Had a follow up today with PS over all went good I'm healing good and he took the pain bag off but still have drains :( hate the drains, I was feeling discouraged because I'm still in a lot of pain & can't do much I told him I've been reserching mini TT recovery & why am I taking so long he informed me I basically had a full TT he tightened my muscles all the way up when he floated my belly button WOW was I happy to hear that honestly I had no idea I Knew he was moving belly button to tighten upper skin but was pleasantly surprised to hear he also did the muscles, well the pain is now worth it, I just can't wait for swelling to go down so I can see more improvement. I also think the lipo sites are the most painful looking forward to not needing pain meds as much and to be able to leave the house can't really do much w/the drains also trying to just lay low so fluid slows down the faster it stops the sooner there out. Over all it's not to bad but for anyone considering this definatly need to prepare & make sure you have help I'm luck I've had lots of help so far. Will add more photos soon as swelling goes down some

Drains out

Day 13 finally had drains removed what a relief finally a hot shower I'm a new woman, unfortunately I'm so swollen I feel I may pop it's been a slow healing process but overall I feel good no more meds not even Tylenol I was told I can start a light exersize routine walking elliptical, I was surprised by this cause everything I've read on here said 4 weeks I guess every surgeon has their own ways of doing things. I would love to post pics but I am not to excited about how I'm looking just yet the swelling seems awful so I'm practicing patcients not easy I was so hoping for instant results I do see I'm flat so there is a light at the end of this long tunnel. From what I've read it's a day by day progress each day gets better. Hopefully the swelling will subside soon that seems to be my last obstacle

Day 14 lots of swelling

6 weeks

Was able to run a full mile yesterday omg was it hard but felt great to get somewhat back to my old self. It's been a long process, healing is slowwwwww! Swelling sucks but I'm starting to see some results. I have my six week check up today hopefully he sais everything is where it should be.

Lipo in 19 days kinda nervious

Having touch up lipo on 8/2 kinda nervious because my ps won't lipo stomach at time of surgery I have to have it done now, kinda aggravated cause it's a extra 700.00 and I just can't handle much more discomfort. All they give is a Xanax and pain pill wth! I'm stressed love to know if anyone has had this done after surgery & how it was. I'm told by the girls at his office it's not bad at all but still not to excited
Massachusetts Plastic Surgeon

The most wonderful experience all around, Dr. Arturo and his staff were not only proffessional they were so kind, I would recommend him.

Looks awesome...feeling about more hopeful about mine :-)
Ty, are you having surgery or have you already?
Hi! Are you getting your stomach lipoed after you've had a tummy tuck 2 mos ago! I thought that it was better to wait until 6 mos po before you can get anyting else done to your stomach. Your stomach looks great judging my the pic. I'm asking bc I might need some lipo done on my stomach and around my scar but my ps is telling me that my tummy won't like right so he's suggesting that I get abv my scar lipoed.
Yes 8/2 I'm scheduled I love my results standing up but when I sit not happy I still see fat ! I had lipo only of the flanks because my ps will not lipo abdomen at time of surgery, I guess he's fine with me being 9 wks op at the time of lipo he's the one who suggested it I guess a lot of TT patcients get touch up lipo after surgery. I'm glad he's not making me wait I just want to love my results, I'm sick of feeling fat! Nervious because I'm still sore & numb hoping it won't be to painful. The best is I guess the results are pretty instant so I'm just hoping this will be the final stage and I can enjoy the results
Lookin good girl!!!!
Ty ;)
How are u feeling? I'm still not happy w my results right now I still look lumpy. :(
Misserable :( swollen all the time the only time I look ok is first thing in the morning. I'm sick of waiting I'm 6 weeks today & still have major discomfort are you still numb & swollen constantly? I know everyone sais it takes time but wtf this is brutal
How is your scar did it finally heal?
I got my first drain out today and they didnt warn me that it would leak everywhere! but it feels good to have 1 out at least! I go Thursday to see the Dr for 2 week. I have been feeling really good, but then I sneezed the other day and ever since then I have had a pain in my right side that wont go away! No idea what it is.. worries me a bit cause I was doing so well! kindof bummed! My bruising and swelling are pretty good.
I know girl! I also only look good 1st thing in the morn. I get swollen above my belly button and it looks ridic also it's lumpy looking hoping it's still just healing from lipo. I'm Not a happy camper. I am still in pain on both sides. My hole is almost closed it's tiny but is taking forever!!!!
Well I'm glad I'm not alone lol hopefully well be able to report good news soon .... My swelling is below BB pisses me off looks like I'm bloated, I try not to get upset but it's impossible. Glad your incision is better I can just imagine how much that had to suck. Hope things get better soon keep me posted I'll do the same :)
Hi! How are you doing? I hope that you are doing well? I had my surgery May 28, 2014, one day after yours. Are still you swelling up like crazy? I saw my Dr 6/17 and he said that I shouldn't worry abt the swelling and it should go down a lot in 3 mos. I just did not know that we had to wait so long to see the final results! I think that most of us just don't have the patience to wait for a whole 6mo. to a year. I did not know that cutting skin and lipoing fat but be so brutal. But after reading all of the info on RS tonight makes me feel a lot better. I'm very happy that we all have this site to vent. I'm posting pics later today. Thanks for listening!
Yes my swelling is awful :( I can't wait for it to stop! I'm still real sore are you to? I to didn't realize that it was going to be such a slow process but it does seem to get a little better every day.
No. Im fine now my hips are a little sore but i think its because theres no fat cushions there anymore! Hahaha itll get better just wear your girdles and hang in there. Just make sure your working out and eating right and you will do awesome! Try ice packs while you sleep at night for the swelling. It helped me alot!
We have to patient for the real results! Thanks for responding. Happy Healing to everyone.
Im 4 weeks and have the same issue I didn't know it take this long ,I can see some difference but I am still swollen under my belly... I just hope that soon this numbness will go away and since I also had lipo my flanks also hurt.
Swelling takes a long time up to 3-6 months I was told, I also had lipo on my flanks hurt up till just recently finally feeling pain free. As for numbness I'm still numb to was told it can take up to a year for it to resolve. Also ask your ps if you need touch up lipo I go 8/2 for mine not to happy about it due to extra 700.00 fee but I want a washboard stomach no fat what so ever so I'm going to do it. Be patcient I know it's hard but it does get better just takes a long time.
Thanks. I will ask him abt the lipo but I know he's going to tell me that it's too soon to even talk abt. I also had my flanks done but I hardly had any bruising or pain. I regained a lot of my feeling above my BB but it still feel a little numb around the BB area. The area below my BB is still numb and it still feels funny for me to touch. My stomach feels so strange not to wear my garment when I have to take it off. I'm so used to the support.
I know I still wear my CG I'm trying to go w/out it but I'm so uncomfortable, ya it is to early, you have to atleast give it 6 wks , hope it gets better for you keep positive this is a hard surgery & recovery is slow.
Oh, I forgot to add, I hope my surgery takes as well as your...you look great even with swelling.
Thank you I'm sure you'll look fabulous
Quick question...well a couple of questions really. I'm having a mini TT with lipo of the flanks, I know the surgeon plans to cut around my belly button as well & tighten every thing. My first question is about your pain pump. Is it like the drains? No one really talks much about them and my doctor stated I'd have one. It's one of my question I'm going to ask about at my pre sugery appt.
No the pain pump for me was a very tiny tube in my upper stomach didn't even notice it the most in convient thing about it was carrying it around, the drains are a pain only if they have to remain in longer than a week they become irritated and kinda painful but overall not to bad I'm 21 days today and feeling much better started exersizeing no where near what I was but able to walk a few miles hoping by next week I'll be Able to try running :) I'm still swollen have to say that is the biggest pain only because we did this to have a flat belly and unfortunately it's not instant results so being patcient is a must, although every day it does get better & better when's your surgery? I hope this helps feel free to ask anything I'm hear to help