I'm Approved for Surgery - Stuart, FL

I was patiently waiting for approval for the...

I was patiently waiting for approval for the Sleeve Gastrectomy from my insurance. I received the call today saying that I am approved and that I will need to start my 2 week pre-op all liquid diet next week. I am so ready for this life change experience. I have been over weight for most of my life(20+years). I am at my heaviest weight right now(400+ pounds). I need this more then anything right now. I have tried all the diets and working out is not WORKING OUT.

One Week before my Life Changing surgery.

I ONLY have one week left, and I have had a lot of mixed emotions. I am very excited, but I am also a little scared.

The first week of my liquid diet was not that bad. The first days I thought I was going to die, but I made it. I am a person who used to eat sweets whenever I had a lot on my mind. This week has taught me that I would need something else to deal with my stress. I am looking to pick up a new hobby.

I can not wait for this life changing experince. I was asked to pick one thing that I want to do after I reach my weight goal that, I couldn't do before. I picked traveling on a plane without a seatbelt exten. I also want to be able to ride a bike, and sit on any chair without any doubt of it bending or breaking under my weight. There is a lot more, but the list is too long.

I will keep everyone updated and and will post pre-op and post-op pics soon.

Less then 5 days left.

With only 4 days left I recv a call early Wed. morning, to let me know that my surgeon will be out of town the day of my surgery. I was told that I will either need to wait for him to come back into town or change surgeons. I picked Dr Bacha that I have heard alittle about, but have not met yet. How did they think I was going to start over after only a few day left.

I felt like this was just a minor set back, and I will not give up. I am too close to the finish line. I want to thank everyone that has me in their prayers and I will keep you guys updated. Hope to upload a video soon.

A month Post opt

I am 1month post-op and so far including my 2 week pre-op diet I have lost 34+ lbs. I have not start working out as of yet other then walking. I am happy with the lost so far. I no longer have any pains, or discomfort. I do still get tired when I do walk to fast or to long, but hope that changes soon.

I didn't notice all the foods that I was eating that was bad for me until now. Almost everything I used to eat, I can no longer eat. I have already started soild food but, can not keep most foods down. I am sticking to seafood and chili for now since that's what my baby tummy likes. My biggest challange now is the 64oz fluid intake a day. I just can not drink that much water if I am only sipping, and can't drink while eating.

If any one is thinking about chaning their life, this is the way to go if there is no other choices. I love my new life, and don't mind the challanges that are ahead. THIS IS NOT A WEIGHT LOSS SHORT CUT. But a sart to a new life. I will keep you guys updated.

Almost 2 months post-op

I have lost 55lbs so far from the start of my 2 weeks diet. I am so happy for myself. I have not been working out too much, just walking around the parking lot on my lunch breaks. I myself do not see the weight loss yet, but my family that sees me almost everyday, has. I am going to start on a basic workout plan so I can gain more muscles, wile losing the fat.

I am still having hard times keeping foods down. I got tired of crab meat and fish. I am trying different things, but its so hard for me since I work overnite. I am drinking more water now. I am taking it a day at a time. And not stress the little things. I do not have an regrets what so ever!!!

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year everyone. For the first time I can say "New Year, New Me", and mean it. I am taking it one day at a time. I don't have much to report. I am eating much better now. I have found a few foods that will not make want to vomit after eating it. I haven't weighted myself since the last update, but I can tell I'm losing weight. I will try to update after my Doctors appointment this month.
Mark S. Beatty, MD

This review is for John Bacha, DO. Mark Beatty did not do my surgery.