This is my Story - Honolulu, HI

I had the RNY so that I could be able to have a...

I had the RNY so that I could be able to have a normal life and be active with my son and present and future grandkids. I was always a thinner child.

I started out as 327 my lowest weight was 186. I was happy and I felt great! then July 2011 my son is rushed to the hospital. We thought it was a flu but it ended up being a ruptured appendix and had we waited one more day our son would not be here with us today. So because he was such a sick young man we spent almost 2 months at the childrens hospital in honoluolu. During this time I ate ALOT of fried foods because it was cheaper then eating the healthy stuff. He was then finally able to come home. But I continued to stress eat!

Then 2 months after we get home my husband has a heart attack and then ends up having to have heart surgery (his heart only still works at 25% even today) so once again for almost another month im eating hospital fried foods tho I tried to eat some healthy too and more stress eating when we returned home. Almost losing both your husband and your youngest child within a few months of ech other tends to mess with a girls mind a bit. I take blame for how I ate and the stress eating.

Then I started having problems (still have) my pouch starts hurting I attempt to get to see my bariatric dr and he refuses to see me again..y u ask? well because I didn't follow thru with making my last 2 1 yr follow ups. He refuses to see me even tho he knows what was going on during that time. So now I have to see a general surgeon who does the best he can. I also have a tumor on my uterus and a cyst on my ovary both are very large. I take birth control for it but that allowing more weight gain too. I fortunatly am getting a hysterectomy to remove all this on June 13.

There is another surgeon who accepts my insurance however I have to pay 400.00 for his program so if I were to win this that's what I would use the money for. and hopes this sureon will give me a revision that I so need because I feel as tho my tool no longer works. Even with everything that has happened and still happens I don't regret my decision. I have to try n stay positive and remind myself well at least I still have a large loss!

start weight 327
lowest weight 186
current weight 226
goal weight 140-150

NOTE I never even see a copy of bill so im just guessing at cost
Dr. John Balfour

at first I thought he was ok but after seeing true colors im not very happy. I think a dr should NEVER refuse to see someone he has cut open for any reason!

Congrats on the weight loss! I hope the best for you!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, you've obviously worked hard to lsoe the weight. You've been through a rough time, but hopefully you can get back on track and get the help you need to lose the rest. It's not an easy road, but it's worth it for the end result!