I Am Better OFF! or How my Tattoo Made Me Go Through a Lot of Self-work - St.Petersburg, Russia

I have read a lot of stories here and I have to...

I have read a lot of stories here and I have to say that I honestly thought that something is wrong with me and I am the only one who do not want to be inked. I was thinking of getting a tattoo for a while and I had a clear idea what it will be - nice elegant initial of my parents on my left wrist. Since I do not make decision straight away and I always think a lot before doing something, I was honestly surprised how I reacted them my tattoo was done - I wanted to get it off once it was finished. I went through short depression and then I thought I need to start doing something about it.

My tattoo is 1 month old and I already had 1 session of laser to remove it. I am quite impatient, but I know it is a long process and it might take 10 procedures and about a year (or even more) to get rid of it completely. What scares me the most is that no one can guarantee that I will get rid of it completely, but I will try to stay strong and positive.

I am happy it is only 2,5*2,4 cm and black ink.

Welcome to the community :) You most certainly will find alot of support to carry you on your journey. There are people at varying stages of tattoo removal and I have found a few examples of tattoo that may be similar to yours.

LASER TATTOO REMOVAL ON WRIST - EDMONTON, AB
BLACK TATTOO REMOVAL - ITALY, IT

Examples that complete removal is possible
LEFT WITH A GHOST OF A TATTOO -SAN JOSE, CA
5 YEARS AND COUNTING - ARGENTINA, AR
Kahelelani is also going through removal of black on her hand and is wonderful support.

Would love it if you would post some pictures of your tattoo.
aloha marisska, I'm glad that you have found someone who can perform the removal for you. Yes, ink regret can cause depression, we feel violated, like victims of a crime. But ink regret is only a reaction, it will not be permanent. As for the removal, nothing is guaranteed, because there are so many factors: ink, placement, technique, amateur vs. professional, and the list goes on. Fading is the best that can guaranteed, but staying with the process, staying positive definitely helps. Good luck, keep us posted, sharing pictures also helps. This forum is a wonderful support group. aloha...k

Tattoo

Sorry guys, couldn't update the picture of my tattoo before.

1st treatment down

I had my first laser treatment 1 week ago. Hard to say how it goes as here in Russia I think we are using a different lasers. I was lucky to find a good doctor, who is specializing in lasers and he is an actual doctor.

I have a very mixed feeling right now. At one hand I am trying to stay positive and to do whatever I can to remove the tattoo and enjoy my life which is actually awesome. :) I do not want to wait for the moment I will get rid of it, I want to enjoy life now and look at this as an experience. BUT (there is always a but!) I am scared that I won't fix it and won't remove it completely. Plus I am not showing it at work or at home, which is also a bit of stress. Thanks god I can perfectly cover it with my watches. Summer is coming and by summer I will have 3 treatments done, but still what scares me the most is that I have no idea how long it will take and if ever I will be able to remove it completely. I am getting a huge support from my friends, but still I can't let go this situation and stop blaming myself. I have to stop being so hard on myself and admit that what is done is done. Sorry guys for this emotions. I do believe that I will deal with this and will be stronger.

I wish you all a good night and just stay positive and what I learnt so far is that people love you for yourself no matter you have tattoos or not. For me it was also hard to accept as I have to accept myself now and I am almost there. :)

My doctor told me that after 1,5 month he will be able to tell me more information about the removal process as he will see how the ink is reacting and the fading is going. My next appointment is on 24th of April and I will keep you all updated!

Dear Eva, I am very thankful for your reply and I am happy I found your community. This is a huge relief to me to read about successful tattoo removals and to read similar thought I am having. Though I wish all of us didn't have to go through this process and I am wishing all of you patience and positive attitude! That's what I will do till I get it done! :) I will be posting updates and I hope that my story will help others in any possible way. Dear Eva, thank you again for the support! This mean a lot to me!

Sorry for mistakes :)

Btw, sorry for my mistakes. English is not my native language and though I use it every day for work, I do have mistakes :)

Here's the scar sheet link, just in case others want to have a look at them. They are not itchy at all, not for me, it's just trial and error for some. http://www.drugstore.com/scaraway-silicone-scar-sheets-1-5-inch-x-3-inches/qxp222019
Hi Marisska, thanks for your message :) You are lucky in that your tattoo is small and very simple. Also, it's black ink against a paler part of the body, the wrist, which should allow for optimum laser/ink interaction. The only one thing that could work against you is the fact that its located on an extremity, the wrist being quite some distance from the heart, which could affect the rate of clearance. Also, the skin here is quite thin, so your technician will need to proceed with care, so as to avoid scarring. That said, I think you'll do great and I look forward to following your progress :)
Hey! :) Thank you for trh feedback! Few last days I have been feeling a lot better and a lot more positive. I won't let any negative thoughts come back to my mind. I have decided to move forward and go through whole process with a smile. Yes, I consider myself quite lucky since it is really simple and black, but actually fresh one. Hard to say how it will go since small or big, it is still a tattoo. I have decided to go to all treatments I plan and after 10 of them decided what it will look like (if I will need 10, but I am sure I will as the color is quite intense). Thank you for nice words! I wish you best of luck and you are doing an amazing progress on yours too! Anna

2,5 weeks post 1st treatment

Hello all!

So just a quick update on my first treatment. It has been 2,5 weeks since I had my tattoo lasered for the first time. Hard to satin results. My tattoo is very fresh, black and on extremity . My next treatment is in 4 weeks. Hope my tattoo will fade a little more. I am treated with Fotona q-switched laser. Don't know about the settings, will ask next time.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Sorry, couldn't download the pictures.

2,5 weeks post 1st treatment

Also, I completely agree wtih what you say about living your life and staying positive through out this process. I also have been going through a bit of depression with this whole thing..but I think I have finally arrived at the same state of mind. I have to stay positive and enjoy all of the great things in my life rather than focus on feeling upset about a tattoo and beginning the removal process. Good luck!
aloha ap1192, Depression following tattoo ink regret and ink removal is very common. It may not be talked about online, or perhaps not to the degree that you are feeling. We are all different. But sharing definitely helps. Staying positive is very important. Staying in control of the issue is also important. That's why consultations are so important and working with professionals, they have seen it all and can share with you. I went through a horrible depression with my ink regret but learned through sharing that it's normal and it will pass. Once I started the lasering, I felt in control and felt that a solution was possible. Good luck with your removal. aloha...k
Hi there kahelelani! I totally agree. I'm sure a lot of people out there have felt this way and just didn't have/know of an outlet like this. I'm so happy to hear throughout the treatments you have kept that positivity and mindset of being in control of your situation. Good luck with yours too and keep the updates coming! Looks like you have had some really good progress so far!

Information needed :)

Guys, since I am quite new removing process and had only 1 session behind, I have few questions I want to ask you as more experienced in this process:

1. How long should I wait between the treatments? As fas as I understood, the longer I wait, the better it will be for my skin (and this is totally logic). So, in general, should it be 8-10 weeks or more? My doctor told me 6-8 weeks or more. Definitely not less.

2. What creams or oils are you using for aftercare? I read so many different options in your reviews. Need to start using some cream or oil.

3. What do you guys do to speed up the process of getting Reid of ink? Some massages or anything else?

I do not drink alcohol, do not smoke, work out 6 times a week and eat healthy. Don't know if this will help me, but definitely won't make it worse.

I am sorry if all those questions were already answered somewhere, but I would appreciate if you share your opinions and links if you have.

Good fading to everyone!

So for your first question about the time between treatments: I used to go every 8-10 weeks, now I'm spreading it farther apart. The blasted ink will still be gobbled up by your immune system long after the 10 weeks. One of my friends went every 8-10 months and she has amazing fading, you can't see the tattoo anymore. This all takes patience but it's definitely worth it. Let the skin heal, the immune system gobble up the ink particle and your wallet grow. Question #2 about creams and oils: I've used cetaphil (very hypoallergenic) bio oil (has some fragrance, make sure you're healed) and I've also used coconut oil (has antibacterial healing properties). Use whatever your skin can tolerate and can be applied without making a mess. And finally question # 3 asking what we can do to speed up the process of getting rid of ink? I have had lymphatic massages, but really all of this will take time and patience. There is no quick fix for this. If you go too fast, you damage the skin and will need to heal from that. Getting a tattoo is fast, getting rid of it is not...and that sucks, but staying positive, being patience and persevering is what works. Staying healthy, drinking lots of clear fluids, avoid/limit alcohol, sugar and caffeine could help. Everyone is different, once you see what works for you, keep doing it. I have used cover make up but on my hand it looks fake, but on the inside wrist it will look better. Look at youtube, I learned that you need to restore the red pigment with lipstick before applying the makeup to have it look more real. I also use the silicone scar sheets which are wonderful for healing and camouflaging. I know that it's easy to want this whole thing to be resolved NOW!!!! but it simply doesn't work like that. It takes time, and if you obsess about it the time will go by so slowly and you'll be miserable. Stay healthy, be happy and be confident it will work out okay, because it will. It simply will. Good luck...aloha...k
Hi there. During my research into tattoo removal (and since I haven't started yet) I've been trying to figure out the best route for aftercare too. Some people say keeping it dry without extra moisturizers actually speeds up the process, and others have told me the opposite. So if anyone has input, I'd be happy to hear about to. As for other things you can do to speed up the process...I've been doing a lot of looking into what helps stimulate the lymphatic system (since that is really what is doing the work getting rid of ink). Healthy eating and exercise are huge from what I read..so you should be good with that! I've also read about dry brushing and lymphatic massages and even just regular massages to help stimulate the system and keep things flowing out!
Hey! :) thanks for the feedback! Yeah I think so too that sports and clean eating should help in some way. I will ask my doctor today about creams or oils and post the info here. Meanwhile, I will be just waiting and looking how my skin is healing. But I am really happy I have started the process already and even if it take years, it worth it! But we will see on results. Keep in touch!

1 month post 1 treatment

Hello, everyone! :)

It has been 1 month since my 1st treatment and I am glad I started the removing process, but it definitely going to be VERY long process as I can see it now. Sometimes I really feel like I do not believe it can be removed completely or fade that much.

Anyways, see attached today's photos.

My next treatment is in 3 weeks and it will be 7 weeks between sessions.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Questing: Tanning and tattoo removal?

Hi everyone!

I have a question: do you tan? I am hiding my tattoo if I go to tanning studios and since I git it, it was never under the sun rays. Here is my question: Summer is coming and I will go to the sea. I might have my laser treatment 2 weeks prior (but thinking to delay it and have it after I am back). So do you guys tan or you prefer to stay away from the sun? Or it is possible to stay under sun if last procedure was 10 weeks ago?

Stay out of the sun at all costs! I tanned quite a bit last year and my technician shouted at me. As the laser needs to recognise the black ink on your tattoo, darker skin will make the ink less visible to the laser. If you do go to the beach, at least try and stay under a parasol and wear factor 50 sun cream. :) Hope you're having a great weekend.
Hey, Chad! :) thanks for the advice! That's make sense! I will definitely stay out of the sun! Hard to be newbie in tattoo removal :) I am doing great, thanks :) life is amazing! Trying to stay possible by all means :) very excited for you! Are you counting days? Good luck to you and heal well! Your own hell will be over so soon! Very excited for you and keep us posted! How is Leslie tattoo healing? Have a great weekend too! :)
Staying positive is the hardest part, so if you can do that you'll be fine! I am definitely counting days, not long now. :) My nightmare won't be completely over as I'll have a little bit of the stars and the Lexie tattoo left to deal with. I am going to see how I get on with the scar and possibly have the same done to the Lexie one as well. Not sure if I want to have any more laser on it as I don't want to repeat the whole process and have to have surgery again anyway. :)

Real expectations

Hi, everyone!

I have a question: Have you ever seen a complete removal yourself? Is this really possible? I am looking through pictures on web and saw few videos on YouTube, but never saw a complete removal. :(

I would be hesitant with online videos and pictures of others' experience. Their bodies are different from yours, the ink is different, and the laser as well as technique could be different. Seeing complete removal gives us hope though. I offer the suggestion to stay the course, follow your clinician's advice, stay positive and know it does take some time. All of this sounds like a lot of work, but I think you're worth it. We all are. aloha...k
Aloha k, happy to read you again! Yeah, I think I will take one step at a time and follow my plan. No one can say for sure where I will be with my tattoo in 1 year. I might be done or be in the middle. Staying focused will definitely help and so far, I have been feeling a lot better and more positive. It will be gone, just in some time :)
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Sending some positive vibes :)

Hello, everyone! :)

I hope you all are doing great! We finally have some sun in Russia and I finally got to the point that I am not thinking much about my removal. I found some peace and I look at this as on challenge and it will just take time and patience. After all, this is a good lesson and life experience! I hope that my mood won't change!

My next treatment is next Thursday and I am going to ask my doctor few questions and definitely will share it with you!

Here are my pictures of my tattoo. 6 weeks post-treatment and I am noticing some fading. Not much, but my tattoo is only 2 months old and I didn't expect it to fade immediately.

My skin healed completely, it is soft and happy :) and I am happy too!

In June I am going to Cyprus for 2 weeks and I will keep my arm out of the sun (don't worry :) dut to that I am planning to have my 3rd tx in July only (approximately 10 weeks after 2nd).

I am also posting a picture of the tattoo then it was just done. Sorry about the quality and the lightening.

Also, I have been reading some information about tattoo removal and I see a lot of post that tattoo-removal is EXTREMELY painful. I disagree. It is so sad that people do not want to start it because they think it is very painful. Of course, I have to say that it is not pleasant experience and it all depend on the place of the tattoo and the size, but there is nothing to be afraid of. But yes, I admit that it is different for diffferent people.

So, here are the pictures. Not much changed, but I am very early on.

Have a great weekend everyone! And stay positive! :) Life is amazing!

I hear ya on the pain. That's why I delayed my laser sessions, went and got another tattoo instead, then hated it and have so much more to remove than originally planned. I was so nervous about the pain, had my husband come with me, thought I was gonna faint. I was so nervous, sweaty palms, sweaty underarms, sweaty back...I was just one big nervous wreck. And then it began, and it wasn't so bad. The anticipation was worse than the actual event. I am really liking your plan, your attitude. Sunny days must help. Sunshine brings positivity. Take care of the skin, the ink will fade, the skin is what you have forever. Have a wonderful trip, enjoy yourself, it sounds amazing. aloha...k
Thank you for positive update - glad the sun came out and you are feeling optimistic! The pain really depends on so many things, location, intensity of the treatment, laser and level used, the amount of ink and so on.. For me, as I progressed through my treatments I thought I was going to pass out at times, but I have a large dense tattoo on my back...it was really unbearable and I cried many tears during and after but it was worth it. My sessions were anywhere from 30 min - 45 min. so it's a longer torture time.

Keep us posted and enjoy your weekend!

Dear Eva, I am so sorry that you are in so much pain during your treatment. I am lucky that I am feeling less pain and it is really quick. I hope that you are doing great and feeling positive! I so hope that we all will find peace and our nightmares will be over sooner or later! Do you plan another treatment anytime soon? I recently checked your review and I think you already had an amazing fading and this give me hope!

2nd treatment down!

Hello, everyone! Greetings from Russia! :) I guess I am the only one Russian here lol I am almost unicorn :)

So, today I had my second treatment done. I am treated with Fotona q-switched laser at medical center, which is specializing in laser treatments. I am treated by MD with a very good reputation. He is a very nice and sweet and I am very happy and lucky I found this place.
As I am based in Russia, it is really hard to find modern technologies here, comparing to the rest of Europe and USA. Sometimes I feel like I am leaving in third-world country lol no offense to anyone from Russia, but it is true. I think we will see PicoSure in 10 years :(

Anyways, I talk to my doctor today and we discussed my plan for next treatments. He said that tattoo is reacting the way he expected and he will be able to remove it, but it will take time. He asked me to be patient.

Also, I asked him about settings of the laser. First treatment it was 1064 and 4j. (Not sure I understand what this mean. Will google tomorrow) and today we did at 4.2. It wasn't that painful just because it was really fast, buy guys I totally get now how you feel removing bigger tattoos. It's hard! And emotionally as well. My doctor said that he will be increasing the lever (or how it is called), but very slowly as the skin on wrist is very gentle and had to be treated carefully.

I will download the pictures tomorrow. Skin is a bit red, but not that bad. I definitely can handle it.

Emotionally I am feeling ok just because my boyfriend is distracting me with some travel plans (we are flying to Paris :) and I am very busy with work, so had no time to think about regrets and depression.

Good fading to everyone and please, think of positive things, life and we are strong enough to overcome this! Life is amazing! Live and live now!

Don't wait for a perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect! :)

Treatment 2 is behind and good night everyone!

Taking time is a good decision! :) best of luck to you! Stay positive!

Photo post treatment

Photo update

Hey! Congratulations on treatment 2. I hope healing goes smoothly for you.
Hey Eric! Thanks :) it is really uplifting to feel like the process is going on and I am getting closer and closer to be ink-free. :) my wrist is still healing and I am taking good care of it. Let's see in few weeks how the treatment went. Hope you are doing great as well. Any ideas what you will do next?
That's great! I'm glad you're feeling positive about this whole thing. I have to see the doctor about a few other things, so when I do, I'll talk to him about my tattoo and see what he thinks of the pink spots and what I can do next.

Lack of understanding.

Hello, everyone!

I hope everyone is doing ok. My wrist is healing and I have little bit of yellow close to the ink (I think it might be bruise). All in all, things are going ok. I will upload the picture after few weeks. For now there is not much to say.

What I wanted to say today and share with you is my thought of how people are reacting on my removal process and how my closest friends are reacting as well.

After I started the process of removal and actually come to peace with the whole situation, I decided to stop sharing and talking about it with people. Just only with my closest friends. I have to say that my family do not know that I have a tattoo and that I am removing it. I am keeping them away from this and trust me, I am doing this just not to make my parents sad. I know that they might accept it and will support me later no mater what, but then you love someone, you want to prevent and save him from shock, sadness etc.

This weekend I saw few of my girls (my bff's) which do have tattoos as well. The asked me about the process and I told them about my removal journey so far and about RealSelf and people, who I qas so lucky to meet here. I was suprised how they reacted. They do not understand how you can be depressed over the tattoo and why you want to remove it if you dp not have for some reason (job or military services for example). This made me a little bit confused as I do understand very well how each of you feel and moreover, I would have understand it even if I wouldn't have to come through it myself.

Thanks god I have my bf and you, guys, here to give me support and hope! :)

Have a wonderful day all of you and rememeber, it will all pass! :)

The dermatologist that I'm seeing recommends treatment every 4 weeks. I'm having a very large tribal band taken off and just started the process. I put liquid vitamin E oil on mine and that helped with the dryness and the itching. I bought the gel caps and just pop it open. I also had read online about taking immune system boosting vitamins A, C, D, and E. So I've since started taking. I'm 19 days post 1st treatment and have my 2nd scheduled on May 7, 2014.
Don't mean to jump in but 4 weeks b/w treatments is really short- treating too soon can cause scarring, which will impact the strength of the laser for the following treatments b/c the laser will have to fight the scar tissue to get to the deeper ink. Just my experience and 2 cents...
I totally agree with OneTime. 4 weeks is just not enough in my opinion. Having your treatments more often won't help you with the fading. Ink will contunie to break down longer after 4 weeks. I know it is hard to wait, but think about your skin and do not rush. As my doctor told me he saw better results then people waited longer. Personally for now I am waiting 7 weeks, but I am considering waiting 10+ weeks up to 6 months. You will get rid of the tattoo sooner or later, but the outcime might be different.

To PicoSure or not to PicoSure?

Hi, everyone!

Sorry for overposting :) I was checking some PicoSure reviews and saw really good results on black as well. We do not have that kind of the laser in Russia, but I am able to get treatments done in Europe by it. Don't get me wrong, I am not rushing into anything, I am just researching other options just in case.

Anyone tested PicoSure on black? How is it? Any articles comparing q-switched vs. PicoSure?

Just to compare prices at the moment I am paying 45 USD for each treatment, which I think it a very good price!

Hi Anna. As you're still in the very early stages of removal, I wouldn't consider Picosure just yet. If say after three or four treatments you have not seen much change, then maybe you could check it out? You could be doing really well but you just don't know it yet! Give it some time and thought. :-)
I totally agree with you, Chad! :) for at least 5 treatments I will stuck with my current clinic as I think I have an amazing doctor and I will see the results there. But it is good to know that you have other options as well :)
Hi :)  please never say sorry for updating your review, we welcome it!! So please write as much and often as you wish!

Picosure appears to work well on black, here is an FAQ from out Doctors section that speaks to this:

PICOSURE FOR BLACK TATTOOS?

In sports I trust :)

Hello everyone!

Hope you all are doing great and have nice fading! This weekend was quite hard for me as I had kind of mental roller coaster, but I guess everyone here can understand what I am talking about! Anyways, I really do not want to feel this way and it is surprising (really!) how miserable you can feel over small tattoo! Wow! That's really surprising! I really think this all will pass eventually and in 1 year or 2 I do not want to look back and think that I wasted my time. I know it will get better! This just can be any other way!

What I wanted to share today is that reading some review I keep noticing that people gave up doing what they liked - meeting friends, doing sports. They started to eat a lot more just to erase the pain and I want to say that please, stop :) this is not a right way! This is not a way you want to go or to remember once you are over it. Don't go this path! This is hard enough and you do not want to feel miserable even more!

What is helping me right now to get through this all is keep doing what I love and stuck to my everyday routine. I do love working out and I live eating healthy. I want to share a picture of me last week at the gym. (Hope it is appropriate). By posting this picture I want to say that you are better and stronger than you think and you can overcome all stress and misery and fix things up! Don't give up on yourself! Don't let this small mistake ruin your life or hold you back from achieving your goals and dreams!

Good night, everyone! :) big hug from Russia! We can do it!

1,5 post treatment 2

Here is a picture of my wrist 1,5 weeks post treatment 2. Still healing.

This time I have to moist my wrist even more. :( after care is really not easiest process. :(

Yes, after care is the most important part of this process. Taking care of the skin, helps the skin prepare for the next session. Good luck, keep hydrated, keep moisturized...take it slow, and steady and the ink will be gone sooner than you think. aloha...k
Thank you, Kahelelani! :) Looking forward for my tattoo to be gone, but I am so early on =( Hope you are doing great! Hugs from Russia!
little by little, it will fade...and before you know it, it'll be so faded and you'll be :)

First results!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share a picture if my tattoo. Feeling optimistic, but it is going to be a really long process. I can tell it now!

The healing is doing great. Hard to say though if I have scarring while I was getting the tattoo or not. It is really small and thin.

I noticed that this time the healing process is taking a bit longer. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks after my 2nd tx. I am going to have my next treatment in 5 weeks.

Nice fading to everyone! Good night! :) and yeah, today I thought that good to know that I have some options like excision if laser won't work. But I hope it will :)

I see most of the fading on letter M. A is also fading a bit. Tattoo is not black anymore. More like light grey. Is this normal? How your tattos faded?

This whole process takes some patience, which can be hard, but it's worth it in the end. Excision may leave a scar, but if you want the ink off and off now, that may be an option. Professional consultations will give you answers. It's great to have options. As for fading, it all depends on what is happening with the laser, the ink, your body, the after care...it's a wild card at times. The other thing that I found out, is that the more time between sessions the better. The lasered ink continues to fade well beyond the six weeks. Good luck and dream of fading! aloha...k
To tell you truth, then I think about the excision something is dying inside of me. I do not want to do that. I really hope that I will be done with laser. Thank you for your advices and comments, always happy to read! Hugs!
счастливы замирание!

Anyone using scrab?

Hello everyone!

Just a question if anyone here using (or is it actually allowed) to use some scrub to peel off dead sking after 2 weeks of the treatment?

Woukld appreciate your feedback!

To answer yor question about scrubs and peels: I was considering that a long time ago, and the specialist said to avoid anything harsh until completely healed. Damage has been done to your skin with the laser, the laser and ink react and this cause damage to the skin. Give the skin some time to heal, keep moisturized, stay hydrated, eat a healthy diet. Scrubs won't do anything at this point right now. If in doubt, consult your professional. But mine told me to "baby" the skin, and take care of it. aloha...k
Hello, it's good to see that you have started your treatments! I think you have such a great attitude about your removal and it's good to see that there are people out there who see the glass half full!! Best of luck to you. :)

Never a failure, always a lesson!

Hello guys!

While I am in Amsterdam at the airport on my way back from USA, I have decided to update. I had an amazing trip to USA and this was a nice distraction of the removal process. I have to admit that sometimes I will down and sad about the whole thing. Even that I try to stay positive, I noticed that sometimes out of nowhere I have those panic attacks like why did I do this to myself? Or how could I have been so stupid? It is not that tattoo I hate, I think that the worse thing in my case is that I see it almost all the time.

Anyways, in USA I got a chance to try Dermablend which is not being sold in Russia. I went to Macy's in Chicago and a girl selling cosmetics was very sweet and nice. I had such a big plans for this kind of make up, but unfortunately it is not working for me. :( we tried 3 different colors and still I could see my tattoo. Maybe it is still too fresh and dark and I will change my mind about it in 6 months. I remember then I had few layers of the make up on my hand covering the tattoo I had a feeling of sudden happiness seeing my skin ink-free and it was a relief. A minute of relief.

Though I didn't get make up for my tattoo, I have bought aloe Vera gel as Chad Welsh suggested. :)

Also I have scheduled my appointment for 3rd treatment on 12th of June (7 weeks apart) I might have to postpone it to 19th of June since I have to leave.

Guys when did you start seeing actually changes in your tattoos? I know it is all individual. I see some changes, but my brain is playing games with me. I will post a photo of the tattoo in few weeks. I guess in the beginning you do not see much changes.

I keep thinking how long and sad this process is and I never ever thought I would be the one going thought it. It is quite a nightmare for me. I am always so positive and happy and now I feel scared. Scared of not knowing the result in the end.

I am very sorry for my sad thoughts. I do not let ink regret got into me, I will overcome it for sure. But lesson learnt - always trust your gut!

I was surprised that in USA 80% of people I saw have tattoos. It was so different to Russia! I guess I just never thought about it before as I was ink-free.

So, I guess I will try again make up for tattoo in few months.

And now I remembered Oscar Wilde phrase: we all are in a gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Stay positive and be happy! Life is amazing and it all be gone! :) that's what I trust in and hope for.

Perhaps when you see the cover make ups done on youtube, there is a hidden trick. ONe make up artist said that you have to cover the tattoo with red lipstick to return the flesh colour to your ink first, then cover with make up. I've had some good success, albeit, it wasn't perfect. It simply won't be. I have found "cover/hide my ink", it's temporary skin tattoos, you can find them online and they are good, but not perfect. As for more people in the USA, more common/ordinary people having tattoos, I have heard that. Tattoos are different in different cultures. Here in Hawai'i they are abundant, and no one blinks an eye at my hand ink, but it's what I think about it that counts. And yes, it's important, so important to stay positive. This whole process takes a toll on the wallet, on the time, on the psyche...if you stay positive, it'll all be worth it. If you wallow in misery, you'll lead a miserable life. Look up a the stars...perfect quote.
I just recently got back from a trip to chicago. It's funny that we could've crossed passed and never knew it! I've had 3 makeup artists at once work at getting dermablend to cover my tattoo and they couldn't do it.
Haha indeed! :) Maybe we even met =) Who know! Well, at first I was sad to find out that I can't cover it with make up... yet :) I am pretty sure that after 6 month I will try again. For now it is not possible, but I still consider this as an option. How is your fading going?

5 weeks post 2nd treatment

Hello my tattoo removing family! :)

While I am at home on sick leave (nothing serious, just cold) I decided I should update. I am 5 weeks post 2nd treatment. I can't say I see a lot of fading, I can see that my tattoo is well-done (oh no! :)) and quite dense that why it is taking longer to see some fading. In 2 weeks I am having my treatment #3 and I will have 2-3 more at my current clinic and then I might think of using Picosure. I see a lot of options how it all can go, but I really think that full removal is possible, but I might need 2 years. I really think my doctor knows what he is doing.

With this whole situation being quite stressful and sad, I am happy where I am mentally at. I do not feel so depressed and sad as I used to be. Sometimes I still wonder how I would have feel or what I would be thinking of instead of wasting so much time on thinking of removal. Would I be happier than I am now? I guess not. I think about my tattoo as some ink under my skin (like permanent make-up), not like a mistake I can't undo or like a mistake people should judge me for.

It is not a tattoo that makes us feel this way, it is our attitude towards it.

So nice fading and healing to everyone! Do not stop being alive, do not stop living! We all do mistakes and likely for all of us here, this one can be undone! :)

Anyways, I decided that next time I want to do something I will think twice :) I was always so careful with taking decisions and always was careful making something I can undo.

Photos

Couldn't download.

Hows the fading? Saw some break up in the last photo, any update if you've seen it fade more?
Hey! Thanks for checking in. It definitely has faded a little more. Skin is perfect, no changes. I am having my 3rd treatment in 6 days (had to postpone it due to my MD conference). I do not expect great results at least till treatment 5-6. I am staying healthy, happy and determined :) How are you doing?
6 days, cool. Can't wait till my next session myself. This is going to be sooooooo long. But hey, on a positive note, we're experiencing things that not that many people go through. ;)

Little update :)

Hello everyone!

Just thought I should update! It has been 7 weeks since my last treatment. My 3rd was supposed to be yesterday, but I had to postpone it due to my doctors medical conference.

So here are (photos attached). Today I was thinking if I should consider cover up as well. I never thought I would ever consider this, but now I am thinking if laser won't work, I might think about it more. I would do the same just change it and make it more elegant. Just a thought. I will think more about it and make sure this is a right decision as I do not want to jump into anything again.

Again, even if I am going for a cover up, I need at least 5-7 treatment for tattoo to be lightened enough. It is good to have options.

I really should have thought about the design more lol then I was getting it!

By this post I just wanted to say that we all have options! And we should remember this. Also, I though that it is important to understand why we wanted to get a tattoo done firsthand.

Yeah yeah, a little bit of thinking, but I am in a good mood and thinking positive!

My tattoo is pretty dense still, but I see a little but of fading and lines breaking. Excited!

Nice fading to everyone :)

Hey, my doctor says that with black tattoos, often you cant see the results until later in the treatment, because the ink is breaking down in "layers". Therefore you shouldn't be too worried after just 2 treatments :) Also i think that you should wait a long time before going through with a cover up, as it just might make it harder to remove if you dont like the cover up either :) And have you considered covering it with an armband/watch or something? All that being said, i think your tattoo is actually very cute! Whatever you decide i wish you good luck!
Hey! :) thank you for checking in! Yeah, I also think that I should wait at least till 5-7 tx and then see if I should switch to PicoSure. Well, I hardly think I will go for a cover-up and yes, to remove a cover up will be even harder :) I like thinking that I have an options. But I am looking for a complete removal. Thank you for your nice words! I actually like tattoos and like my tattoo at some point, but I just can't start loving it on me. :( My tattoo is covered with my lovely watches almost all the time. I see it really rare. I do practice getting used to it and not wearing anything sometimes just to get used to it and to the thought that I have a tattoo! I am much more at peace now and loving my life. Tomorrow my 3rd treatment. A little bit excited and maybe stressed, but I will be just fine :) How have you been?
Exciting! i have an exam tomorrow so not much time to think about anything else, but but but i am looking for ways to start my removal as soon as possible. I have also tried to adjust, but i simply cant love my tattoo :( I want to wait until atleast august so that i can wear shorts and be in the sun while its summer here in Denmark, So i'm hoping to begin removal around august. I might have to wait till next year though, which makes me kinda sad :)...

One more treatment down (my 3rd)

Hello everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful Monday! :)

I just got back from my 3rd treatment. Surprisingly, I do not feel sad or down after this treatment (normally after treatment I was feeling blue and a little depressed). I noticed that recently something changed about myself. I am not sad, I dream, I laugh like I used to do before. I am happy again and back to be myself 100%! I think I just got used to the situation and adjusted. Hope I will stay that way in anyway or so.

So about my 3rd treatment: for those you do not know, I am treated by Fotona q-switched laser. The best I could find in St. Petersburg, Russia. I am treated in medical center which is specializing on lasers by a doctor, who is also specializing in lasers and skin care. Today my treatment was really painful. Not that I was about to cry or anything, but I definitely felt it more. He turned the laser to 5.5-6 j this time (1064). I didn't asked him to increase myself. She said he will be slowly increasing the power.

I told my doctor that I really don't know how people are removing sleeves as this is so painful, but he told me that wrist is much more painful to remove than sleeve as skin is more sensitive on wrist. We talked about tattoos, PicoSure and our plans for my removal. He is sure he will be able to remove my tattoo, though he do not give any time expectation as he said that everyone is different and reacting differently. I asked him if I should try PicoSure after 5-7 tx with q-switched. He told me that we will wait and see :) he actually has 2 tattoos and is planning to have more! :) funny!

Also, he said that he recommend waiting at least 6 weeks before next treatment, but to his mind it is better to wait 12 weeks! I go every 8 weeks for now.

As for lack of the results, he said that it is not true. He does see line breaking and tattoo is not that black anymore. He said that then I came to him, my tattoo was freshly done and bt first 2 treatments we were removing the skin and extra pigment of the tattoo. My tattoo was 3 weeks only then I started. Do I regret I starting that early? Maybe! Now I recommend to wait 3-6 month before doing anything. It will be better mentally and for skin as well.

My next treatment is going to be on 18th of August! I like to plan things :) I am very organized.

All in all, I would say that somehow I think this experience is for good. It is changing me everyday and opening new qualities and everything in me. But! Let me save those word till my very last treatment :)

For my tattoo removing family - thank you for all your comments, messages and support! You helped me then I felt lost and didn't know what to do. I am glad I found you guys and all your stories. This was so-so helpful! God bless you all! Happy fading everyone! Stay healthy, positive and happy!

Hugs from Russia :)

P.S. For those who are feeling sad and down those days - it will get better! Everyday it is getting better and it will get even better! Having a tattoo is not the biggest regret in life!

Recently I read a nice book for children. To cut long story short, it is about a girl who was trying to find a positive outlook in very bad situation. That's how I live! Try to look into positive things in your life! You got a tattoo? Not a big deal! You are healthy, happy and have all your life ahead!

I am happy I have a tattoo. I can see how it is changing me to a better person. I was never stressed in my life as then I got it. And I handled the stress pretty well I think :)

Again, good luck to everyone! Happy healing to me! :)

You're so inspiring! Love your perspective on this!!
Thank you, Eva! :) I am trying to maintain my attitude :) hope I will stay this way till the last treatment I would need :) hope you are doing great!
I really admire your ability to stay positive. Hopefully we'll see some good breakup now too. That's when things really get exciting. :-)

1,5 weeks post 3rd treatment

Hello my tattoo removal friends!

I decided I should update. It has been 10 days since my 3rd treatment. So far doing really good.

The healing this time is a bit different. My wrist is itching and I have to skin peeling or scabbing so far. I use bio oil and aloe Vera everyday.

My next treatment is in August. It is very very long process, but I sure it is worth it!

Nice healing/ fading to everyone! Together we can overcome it and become better and stronger!

Hugs from Russia!

You're getting some nice break-up! Congrats and as always, your attitude is so inspiring :)
Thank you! :) I am glad it started to break up. Let's see in few weeks! And thank you for checking in! I am rally trying to maintain my attitude :) looking back in like year or two, I want to remember that I manage to overcome the stress. How have you been?
nice fading! Your tattoo is very very similar in color, width, and density to mine. I am thinking of starting Picosure sometime soon. Love your positive attitude!

Seeing the results

Hello, guys!

Just a quick note, mostly for myself. I have been talking to my few friends lately who are aware of my removal and everyone was asking me to send them pictures of the results. I told them many times how slow the process is and that it will take time and there is no magic here.

Long time ago I decided not to discuss my removal with anyone who is not into this. For me it is a lot more informative to share my experience here and get support I needed. So, today I got few reviews from my 2 friends that they thought by now I would have more results and suggested to seeing another doctor. Those comments made me a little sad. Thought I am very positive and sure I will deal with this, I wish I could turn back hands of time :)

Anyways, again, just for myself, let's compare. What do you, guys, think? Am I getting somewhere?

I know I will get it removed! I know it! I just wish people were more understanding and realistic.

Good luck to everyone! Stay strong and never ever doubt yourself!

Congrats on your third treatment! It definitely looks like you're getting some noticeable fading from your last session. I hope the same for mine!
Thanks :) hope for more fading in coming weeks :) yes, it was a good session and no blisters! I will ask about blistering next time I am at my doctor. Though it will be in 6 more weeks!
You know what I see? No skin damage is what I see. No hypo, no hyper, no scar tissue. If you've obsessed about this as I much as I have with my tattoo, you know the only thing that sucks more than super slow progress is making things worse. Your skin looks good and I see fading. Stay the course my friend...

Fading: black turning to brown? Or grey?

Hello everyone!

Hope you all, guys, doing great. I am now 2 weeks post 3rd treatment. The wrist is healed, skin is perfect. Regarding fading, does your tattoo fade into brown or grey? Is it normal? Pictures attached.

I thought actually that black should fade into grey lol oh and my tattoo decided to fade partly :))) some spots has became lighter than others. Some spots decided they prefer to stay :D

So, please, share your thoughts!

Nice fading to everyone and sending my positive vibes from Russia!

My black ink went brown and is now a soft grey. I think it's all part of the healing process. Follow your after care advice from your professional, keep hydrated, stay positive. This whole process takes time, but it is so worth it. aloha...k
Dear K, thank you for checking in! You were missed! Yeah, I know, patience is the key and I know that this all worth it! :) Can't wait though for this all to be over :)
I just posted fresh pics of my fading. You can see how uneven the fading has been because there's been more ink in some areas than others, which makes the tattoo looks really "messy"! That's definitely had a negative psychological effect on me, I have to say. But I'm now that I can see my skin in more an more areas, I'm definitely feeling better. If only the fading were perfectly even...but I know it doesn't work that way : D

Unequally fading.

Hello my removal family!

I didn't planed to update in 4 next week, but I thought that maybe for some people who are removing of thinking about removing would be interesting to see how the process is gong and what to expect. Here is my tattoo 3 weeks after my 3rd treatment. It was a successful treatment and finally my tattoo started to fade and I definitely see some light in the darkness. Good news, I got myself new phone few months ago and quality of photos is better now and I tried to capture unequal fading. I can now definitely tell where I have more ink left.

Anyways, all in all, things are going great. I am thinking if flying to London and using PicoSure. Thats a big decision to make as it is money and time and visa and I do not know if after PicoSure I could continue with my current doctor. Lots of unknown things. For next 5 weeks I will have to decide what I am doing next.

For about 1,5 month I have lost my boyfriend support since we broke up, but actually I am doing great. I am glad I have you guys to talk to!

Funny thing: yesterday I went to have my nails done and my nails master knows all the story about my tattoo removal as she is a good friend and she noticed that my tattoo is fading! Yay! So, it is obvious now! Keep my fingers crossed!

Also, for 5 months now (since I got inked) I managed to hide my tattoo from my parents! I feel like I am superwoman! ;) I think at some point I should have told them, but I am just too afraid and do not want to hurt them and since I am doing great and in a good mood and couping well, I though I will still be hiding it!

It is summer in the city! Finally! :) I am very happy and I hope you all guys are doing great! Remember we are in this together and each one of us are not the only one. Ink is not defining us! And this is telling you a person from a very judgemental country!

Lots of love xx

Yay it's definitely looking more faded now after treatment number 3, stoked for you! :)
Cutera Enlighten should be coming out in Europe soon....you should look into that over Picosure since its a better laser for black ink (and still operates at picosecond intervals). Great progress though!
Thanks for information! I will definitely check it, though for now I will continue with the one I have. Maybe later I will have to try something else. Hopefully not. ;) thanks for checking in!

Feeling down :(

Hello my tattoo removal family!

Hope you all guys are doing great and enjoying your summer! :) well, I didn't plan to update until my next treatment in 3,5 weeks, but I decided to share how I have been feeling those last 2 days. All in all I was doing great and decided to stay as much positive as I can, but those 2 last days I was pretty down. I can't stop feeling how much energy this all is taking from me and I can't stop thinking that I made a wrong decision. I would be a lot more happier than I am at the moment. Forgive me for such thoughts! I really do not feel like this all the time. Sometimes I feel really happy and hope that this all will be finish one day. Let's hope that in 1 year I will be closer to end of this!

Happy fading everyone and here are photos of my tattoo post treatment 3 4,5 weeks after.

You're not down, it's people around who are faking being so high. ;) Don't worry, you'll get positive again. It's fading. Slowly. But it's fading.
Fantastic fading going on here. Hurray!
Thank you, K! :) so far, so good. I am happy that I do not have or see any scarring so far, though this is sometimes is getting me down. Such a waste of energy! But I hope it will be gone. I was wondering if I ever will be able not to cover my wrist and tattoo (ex-tattoo) won't be ever noticeable? Can't wait for my next treatment in 3 weeks. (8 weeks between sessions)

6,5 weeks post 3rd tx

Hi guys!

Just a quick check-in! I saw how many new people are joining our wonderful community. I am 6,5 weeks post my 3rd tx, which I think finally broke the ink and was quite successful. I just remembered that in few places I visited before I started at my current clinic, I was quoted to 10 tx! I am almost on my 4th. Soon heating my half way? Really? I guess only time will show, but no matter how long it will take, I will get where I want!

Also, quite confusing question: how do you guys know if the skin is scarred or not? I do not have any tissue issues, but my doctor told me that laser itself do not get you scars, but they might have been done while getting the tattoo. Interesting thought for me. I am really excited to see my tattoo fading after the treatment, but I am even more excited to see how it will fade with further treatments!

Nice fading and healing to everyone and hugs from Russia!

For all new people out there who just joined, I would recommend to give yourself some time to adjust. Getting a tattoo is a shock, realizing that you do not want it - is even bigger shock! I know it, I was there, but trust me, it will get better! Just take it step by step.

And attached are fresh photos! Love my new phone :) I can capture the fading even better! I definitely can see the fading!

My next treatment is on 18th of August. It will be 8 weeks after my last treatment.

The fading is very obvious, im happy for you! Good luck with your 4th treatment!
Thank you, GreatDane! I am pretty sure I will get a result I want in the end. Actually, have been focusing on many other things, so do not think much of my tattoo. How have you been? How is your fading/healing?
Im doing great, just got a new full time job, so i can make money for my travels :-) Ehm, its actually still pretty red, even though its been 10 days. But i play football, bike a lot, and it has also seen the sun (with factor 30 or 50 sunscreen), so that might be why its healing a little slow. It doesnt hurt at all, it just itches a little. I cant wait for the redness to go away so i can see the results. I think my shading is turning brown (dont know if thats good) and i see some break up in the small lines, but not much in the dense thick lines (didnt expect that either ofcourse) :-)

Give me 4!

Hello everyone!

Hope you all are doing great! Today in the evening I am having my treatment number 4. Time is flying. I will post pictures later today or in few days after the treatment and will let you know how it went.

I have to admit that I am not thinking about my tattoo much as I have millions of other things to think about. Reallty busy lately and I know once day it will be gone and there was a reason why I did it.

Nice fading to everyone and I hope I will have another succesful treatment today!

Best of luck for number 4!
Good luck Anna!
Good luck Anna. Keeping your mind occupied is a really great way to forget about the tattoo. Look forward to the results!

Treatment 4 down!

Guess today I will be over updating! I just had my treatment number 4. Doctor Denis was amazing as always. He has a very calming voice and such a positive attitude. Just amazing!

I have to admit that before dr. Denis never gave me a prognosis or estimated number of treatments or event any idea of what result to expect, but today (maybe he was in a good mood) he told me that he thinks I will be done in 10 (maybe 8) and that he is pretty sure I won't have any ink left and it will be really hard to notice that I had a tattoo on wrist. I really hope he is right!

Settings as always 1064 and 6,5. A little bit higher then previous time and a little bit more painful.

I wish I didn't have to go through this, but it is what it is. I have so many other things that bothers me a lot more like everyday life, my purpose here and life balance. I know I will be done with the tattoo sooner or later. I do feel like the worst part is over and now it is just a matter of patience and time.

Inked or not really doesn't matter. Matter how you cope with the stress and cherish yourself. It is still you and believe me no one really cares of your tattoo if they care about you. Meaning inked or not, people who love you will love you. So love yourself too. Even if you think you made a mistake. It is your mistake, your body and you won't have another one.

Tried to sound positive, hope it worked :)

For now nice fading for everyone and happy healing for me! Attached are the pictures straight after my treatment and my lovely bandage. :) you can see that dr. Denis is very good in wrapping my hand lol

Hugs from Russia!

Going for my 3rd session next week! Hope to see some results like your own 3rd afterwards! *fingers crossed*
Hey! :) good luck on your 3rd! I am now healing after my 4th! Fingers crossed for more fading! Good luck and keep is posted!
Yippee! Look forward to seeing more fading. Happy healing. :-)

1 week post 4tx

Hello guys!

Quick update from me. I am 1 week out of my 4th treatment. So far healing is fine. I do see that the tattoo has faded even more. Though hard to say yet. Need to wait few more weeks.

Here are few photos. It is looking more brownish now. Let's hope for more fading!
Good luck to everyone!

aloha M, this is why I like side-by-side photos, you can really see the fading. When we live with it everyday, day in day out, moment by moment, we simply get used to the fading and wonder why it's not fading more. You are obviously having great success. Hurray! aloha...k
Thank you, K! :) I do take pictures and post them here to see the progress. It os very useful! Also, I have so much things and travel plans planned, so I hardly think about the process and my next tx. Actually, the day of my 4th tx is the day I leave to my friends bd to Riga! Just figures this out! It is amazing to continue living your life to the fullest. Hope you are doing great as well! XoXo
Looks good!

Positive outlook on whatever happens in your life.

Hello everyone!

Just a quick note, mostly to myself, but maybe, at some point, it will help other people!

Then I got my tattoo I was in shock! Likely, shock is temporary condition and it goes away. I was very angry with myself, my tattoo artist, my friends who supported me while I was doing my tattoo in Israel. Let me tell you: THOSE FEELING IS A WASTE OF TIME! :) Don't be angry. Everything is happening for a reason and trust me, you will be happy again and you will be able to smile again without feeling of guilt.

Why I am writting this? I remembered then I was doing my tattoo, the guy was very nice and I actually have hin in friends on Facebook. I was very angry with him that he didn't understood that I wasn't ready and I am pretty sure if he told me I do not need this, I would have agree, but who knew! I knew that I am fully responsible for whatever happens in my life and it is YOU who can turn your life around and look at circumstances on different angle. My tattoo artics recent;y had a b-day and I sent him b-day wishes from all my heart! And I really meant him all the best!

I realized that I am not sad anymore. I forgave myself for that choice and so should you! We all worth it and thanks for laser industry we have a chance to undo our choices!

Stay positive, happy! Go out with friends and enjoy your life to the max!

I started to tell people about my tattoo and removal process! It is not that hard as I thoght. Though still keeping in away from parents and co-workers (some of them). No need to tell to everyone!

Love, M.

P.S. Almost healed from my 4th tx. My next one is on 16th of October, my 5th.

As always a lovely and inspiring update. What would we do without you?!
Awwww thank you, Chad! :) Hope you are doing great!

2 weeks post 4th tx

Hello guys!

Here are pictures post tx 4. I can definitely see less ink. It is fading! Though I think I have a long way to go!

Hope you all are doing great! Hugs!

Oh ya...you are making progress!! Thanks for keeping your review up to date!

1 month post 4th

Hello guys! New pictures from my treatment number 4! I am actually impressed how it is fading, but still long way to go! Staying positive though!

Can't believe my next treatment, my halfway point hopefully is in 4 weeks! (8 weeks between treatments)

On the pictures you clearly can see where I have more ink left!

Nice fading to everyone!

Amazing fading! So happy for you!
Thank you! I am really excited and hope for more fading in the future! Will update my review today!
Looks great! Thanks for the update!

7 weeks post treatment 4!!!

Hey everyone! :)

I was away for my vacations and haven't been here for a while! My review update is coming soon today and here are few pictures of how my tattoo is looking now! I will have treatment 5th in 2 weeks and can't believe time fly so fast! Hopefully my next treatment will be halfway of the whole process!
Happy fading to everyone!!!

Nice fading!
Thank you! Still long way to go...
Good to see you back! Hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Post-vacation esperience and little update!

Hello everyone!

I am now back to Russia and had time to read all updates! So many new people! Glad to read that many of you started the process! This is a long road, I know, but in the end I think it will be so worth it! Fingers crossed that I will see the end by the end of next year!

Firts of all, last week was first time I actually had my tattoo under the sun! That is super strange experience not to cover it with watches! (it was covered with SPF all the time!) I was very careful with the sun on this place, but I am glad I had some sun! Keeping tattoo covered an away from the sun is quite a challenge I have to admit. Thanks god, mine is small and easy to cover, but I can feel the pain of others who have to go through the same!

Also, I have never seen so many tattooed people in my life! I was on Ibiza and 90% of people was inked. Strange feeling to be in that 90%, but at the same time I was releived not to have to hide my tattoo anymore. I haven't changed my mind and I still want it to be gone! I really hope I will have a good result in the end! Fingers crossed.

I was in Italy for couple of days and I met my friends there for the first time I got inked and I shared this my regret with 1 my friend and I was actually very surprised with his reaction as he told me that my tattoo is beautiful and he really do not understand why I was so depressed over it! It was nice to hear that reaction! Made me feel better, but as we all know on this website only your opinion matter! It is your skin and you have to live with this choice!

I am now 7 weeks post my last treatment and my next one will be in 2 weeks! It will be my 5th already and I plan to have 1 more before NY. Not sure if it have faded more during past weeks, but I haven't thought of it much since I had so many other things to think about and I am going to have my mind occupated till the day it is all over!

All in all, I am quite positive and I am sure I will have good results, but this is going to take a lot of time and ths whole process is hard to deal with! It is only you to decide if you will let it get you or not. I am not letting my choice to ruin my life, though I really do not wish this experience to anyone!

I hope that everyone is doing great! Happy fading and healing to everyone! I will post new update and pictures once I get my treatment done!

Xx

Glad to hear you had a good time, that is very important too :-) And nice fading! I had my second treatment a couple of weeks ago and now it itches like hell :p In 3 weeks i will go on a 3 month trip, where i will only cover my tattoo with SPF, so i will get some sun on the bastard and also let everyone see it. I'm actually not scared for that part anymore, because in the end it is just a tattoo and i am still the same ol' person :-) good to have you back, good luck with your next treatment!
Dr. Denis

I am very happy that in my stressed condition I found a nice doctor who will be removing my tattoo. It is very important to find a right place and a right person, who you trust. I can't share much right now, since I have only tried the laser once and my next appointement is 5 weeks, but I will definitely write an update. Good luck to all and stay positive!