Excited to Go Back Au Naturale - St.Petersburg, Fl

I have been visiting on here for a couple of...

I have been visiting on here for a couple of months and so excited to read all the stories. I had silicone implants back in the early 80's. I had them redone five years ago. I could kick myself for not explanting and getting a lift then but you know what they say about hind sight. I went to a male Dr. and he told me I didn't need a lift and I would be so unhappy not replacing them. After five years now I have had enough. I am 5'4" tall and weigh around 120. I have 500cc in my body and I hate the way I look in clothes. I am so uncomfortable at the beach and just want to be my old self again. My husband is so supportive and says he just wants me to be happy and healthy. I made an appointment with Dr. Elias in St. Pete, Fl...a woman Dr.!!!! She was straight up with me and told me what to expect and she had pictures of someone about my size. Her whole staff is absolutely wonderful. They made me feel at home imediately. Anyway, long story short...I am going for my explant and lift friday april 5th. I will be updating and may get brave enough to post some pics.

Ok, I am back from having the drains removed.....

Ok, I am back from having the drains removed...YEA!!!!!!!!! It felt so good when they pulled all that tape off. I am trying to post a couple of pics but so far can't get them to come up. Is there a waiting period before they post them? I know they will go through a lot of changes but I could not be more pleased. I feel wonderful and can't wait till all the bandages are off. Again, Dr. Elias and her staff make you feel so at home and are very thorough. I can take a shower tonight and I will be wearing my compression bra for as long as she tells me to. My husband is so glad it is behind us and he is excited to see my new body in clothes that I had refused to wear. I am still tender where the drains came out and my new crease stings a little but Oh Happy Day is all I can say. I will keep updating. Dr. Elias is an "artist"!!

The thing I noticed this morning is first of all...

The thing I noticed this morning is first of all feeling so much better without any pain meds and I am a little softer today. Seems the swelling has gone down a little. Still no bowel movement so feeling pretty lousy there but I am going to take a walk around the community and see if that helps. I am so loving my new look!!

I just got back from getting the bandages off and...

I just got back from getting the bandages off and stitches out. I actually wore a shirt tucked in. Haven't done that in a lot of years. I always look like I had two torpedoes in front of me. I am so very pleased. Next visit is in two weeks then I can get back into exercising. I feel like I am 18. Now if the bottom half just was that perky!!!LOL Gravity!! Gave the Dr. and staff a hug...their the best!!

It's been 24 days and I could not be happier. One...

It's been 24 days and I could not be happier. One thing I notice is my breast actually feel warm. They use to be so cold. I am so thankful I was able to do this and again wish I had done it a long time ago. I have been going braless around the house a few times and it feels GRRRREAT!!!! I am weighing about four pounds less but I am sure when I start working out again I will gain back some muscle weight. I go back to my doctor this coming Thursday and she will probably recommend some scar gel. All in all, I am very happy and feel so much sexier and I am sure my husband is loving my new look and my new attitude toward my body.

10 months update

Since I last updated I have moved and been so busy I haven't taken the time to update my pics. I really haven't changed that much since the last update, about 5 pounds of holiday overeating that I am going to start walking off today!!! I am still so happy about my decision. My daughter and I even crack jokes about our tiny breast and I wouldn't have it any other way. I will keep this short and just say that I am blessed and life is good!
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

You look so great would never know you had an explant
Thank you Reinhartcm. I am very pleased and the scars just keep fading. Can't wait to get some sun!!!
You are blessed and you look fantastic! Thanks for keeping us updated! Your experience gives hope to so many.
Thank you for the comment mdeluca. She has her right to her opinion but it was MY money and I couldn't be happier!!!!!
Yea but it was an extremely WEIRD & rude comment to leave someone...
Thank you RealSelf staff for keeping this forum a nice place to come to for information and real life testimonies without the garbage. Thank you friends for having my back!!
Yay! I got an email this morning telling that it was taken care of. Glad they did it quickly!
Agreed!
Just saw your comment tiggerousity. Thank you!!!!!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

You must not know how to read. She didn't 'shrink down to nothing' she had horribly oversized implants removed and she is now her perfect size. Three ugly comments on one day shows what kind of person you are. I hope you get banned.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Wish mine looked that good...But seriously you look fabulous!!! :)
You look fantastic Light again!!! You look like you had a good amount of breast tissue left. Your shape is great and you look like your skin is in really good condition. I am going through menopause now and I don't like the way I can't get this last 5 pounds off. I am not going to let menopause defeat me. I have started back my walking and running this week and trying to hold back the calories to 1200...man that's hard!!!! Anyway, have a great summer in your new body!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your journey! I had my consult with Dr elias last Thursday and booked my surgery the same day, March 14th! Counting down the seconds :)
mdeluca I am so excited for you. Almost feel like it's me again. Glad you chose Dr. Elias. They all make you feel so comfortable. You are not going to know how to act to have that weight off of you and get in those little bras. You are right when you say swimsuits in DD+ are hard to find and then when you do you still are not comfortable with all the spillage! I just got back from a run and it feels great. I was so worried about my scars and that is actually why I didn't have them taken out a long time ago because I knew I would need a lift but it has been right around a year and I don't even notice my scars. If you were looking at me head on you would not notice any scars. I am so impressed with her work!! Please keep us updated and again soooo excited for you!!!!
Thank you for your quick reply! I'm so envious about hearing about your run! Can not wait for that to be me! Right now either boobs bounce, hurt or I think do I really want to sweat up my good bra because I could never make myself buy a 100$ sports bra. Ha I've never been concerned about the scaring (and even less so now that I've seen how wonderful and faint they can be) because I always knew it was coming. From puberty on I was just so asymmetrical that I knew that scars were in my future. My c section scar looks amazing so despite being allergic to so much I scar well. I got some of my supplies and my meds filled today. I need more stuff to fill the days and make them go quicker. Lol
It will get here fast. I am going to mark my calendar and be looking for great updates!!!
Thank you for your story and pics. You look great and yes, your scars are amazingly faded. I am having my implants out tomorrow. My PS wants me to wait 3-4 months before revising. To be honest, I don't know if I want to have implants put back in. I'll have to wait to see what my skin does. If you read my profile you'll see why. Anyway, after seeing your story, I may opt for a fat transfer and lift. I know you didn't have the fat transfer but I'm wondering if it would benefit me. Thanks again!
Hate I didn't get to post before you went into surgery. Praying everything goes well. You look fantastic!!! I think it is good that you are going to wait the four months and see what your own body does in that time. Please keep us updated. Can't wait to hear how you are doing.
Hello! I go in at 3:30 today. It's an office procedure under local so I'm hoping that it's way easier. Thanks for the well wishes!
Why did you decide on getting them out under local? Do you not have any symptoms? And if so are you confident that this will help? I'm wanting to do it under local myself & my Dr. has assured me since my implants are only 4 years old that it's highly unlikely that the silicone gel is leaking or bleeding.
My PS suggested it. I've only had my implants for a little over a year. Other than the bottoming out there doesn't seem to be any other symptoms. For me, doing it this way is certainly safer and easier than going under anesthesia. I'll let you know how it goes though.
Sounds good...GOOD LUCK :)
IttybittyTC2014: Hi! All went well. Better than I thought it would. I recommend doing it under local if you are able and your PS says it's better. I've started a blog under the Revision topic and am still updating my armlift/breast blog if you wanna see pictures. Pancakes anyone?? : /