After 20 Years It's Finally Gonna Happen! - Stony Brook, NY

3 doctors, 3 different approaches.. One decision!!...

3 doctors, 3 different approaches.. One decision!! Wow! Didn't know how many different ways things could be done! At the age of 15 I lost 80lbs. I was 4'11" and weighed 180#. After I lost the weight in 6 months (the wrong way mind you) I kept the weight off with the exception of having two children. I have always worked out, but just in the past two years have been hardcore about it. No matter how hard I try nothing is going to make the loose skin go away.

So after 20 years of wanting this I have finally decided its time for me to have the stomach that I have never had and always wanted! I have plans to become a crossfit coach in the future and this is going to let me feel more confident about my body.. It's just so discouraging when your doing a push up or downward dog and you see your belly skin hanging there. I'm so excited in three months I will have what I have dreamed of for 20 years!! I know I'm going to cry when I see my tummy for the first time!

My husband is very supportive and he wants me to be happy because he sees that I work so hard at my body.. Eating clean(Paleo) and working out with a mix of crossfit, Zumba, spin, strength,tabata and yoga 6 days a week. There is so much to research. I've been doing it for a couple years but I really stepped up the research this year. Every PS I went to had a different way of approaching the consultation.

My final consultation was "the one"! No drains!! My doctor explained everything, took his time and answered all my questions.. It is mandatory that I say in a hotel near his center the night of the surgery just as a precaution, no other surgeon required that. He was impressed with my questions and drew on my belly to show exactly what would happen!! Soo awesome!! Oh and the staff are amazing friendly and personable! Now I realize more staff at ps offices are that way but they were interested.. I didn't get that feeling anywhere.

I actually found my ps by looking on this sight.. Great reviews and he answers a lot of questions on here.. The thing that sealed the deal was he was recommended by my cousins friend who I know is very particular... :o) Happy New Year to Me!!

Ok so I have 2 and half months till I have my...

Ok so I have 2 and half months till I have my surgery and I started doing crossfit at a local box three weeks ago after I had been doing crossfit to the best of my equipment ability in my garage. I can't believe the changes in my body already! I'm wondering what I will look like by the time I have surgery :o) ....I know the next two and half months will go fast...I'm starting to get nervous already,lol
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Realself helped me find him!!

Thanks for the info:) I would prefer not to get the lipo if I can go without it. I guess I'll have to go for a consultation and see what he thinks. There are only a few reviews of the drainless procedure I've seen, but what a difference! The recovery looks so much better and less painful. I'm going to focus on diet and exercise and maybe go for a consult in the summer. If you can achieve the results you want through diet and exercise, that would be awesome! Always better to avoid going under the knife if you can:) keep me posted on your progress and good luck with everything:)
Check out crossfit! They're all over now.. Eating clean helps too! Good Luck!
Thanks so much for getting back to me:) Good luck with your exercise plan. I need to lose some weight (and gain some $$, lol) before I can do the TT too. I am intrigued by the idea of no drains, but wonder why nobody else does this procedure. I hope you don't mind answering another question...I'm just curious what was included in the $9700? Did that include any Lipo of the flanks as well? It seems like most people get that with the tummy tuck. I'm just curious because I'm trying to get an idea of how much $$ I have to sve. Thanks so much and keep us all posted on your story:)
Thank you I've seen such dramatic results in the past 5 months with crossfit it makes me so excited! I've already put a down payment down so I will have something done... Dr. Epstein said I didn't need lipo so I guess that didn't include it but it does include a 1 night stay at a hotel near his office bc he doesn't want his patients far away. As for the drains, he travels and learns from other doctors. He also always wants to find a better approach to procedures so he develops them himself.. He doesn't allow himself to go stale.... I also know someone who had breast implants through him and she loved him :) Good luck on your journey! As soon as I move forward I will post more!
Hi. I have been researching a TT with dr. Epstein and came across your review. I'm curious what happened. Did you ever have the surgery? I hope everything g us okay:)
Hi Zabette! I actually postponed my surgery for a couple reasons.. My husband had been having a hard time getting work and I didn't want to do add the surgery payments onto it.. I also found crossfit and saw the drastic changes in my body so I decided to postpone it to get as much fat off as I can then maybe I can just have a tummy tuck not involving the muscle.. Dr. Epstein was great! Very knowledgable! The staff is soo nice! I can't wait to have it done but I want to get to a certain spot before I do it! Hope this helps!

Welcome to the community.  I am so happy you joined us and I look forward to following your journey.

Thank You!! This site has helped me so much already!

Glad to hear that!