30 Year Old Female 1 Child Attempting to Get Wedding Dress Ready - LILBURN, GA

I was fairly small growing up and started to pick...

I was fairly small growing up and started to pick up weight in college. I had a baby 6 years ago and actually looked great afterwards. Then I met my fiance...needless to say I gained "happy weight" to the tune of about 10lbs for every we have been together (5 years). I love the shape of my body but my stomach, arms and face has gotten out of control. We are getting married next year and I am in refusal to be a fat bride. I want to feel beautiful and not worry about looking like a cow. I'm planning to have vaser lipo done to my upper and lower abs. I am an out of state patient and i have not met or talked to Dr.Boutte but I have spoken often with Crystal. Crystal is very nice. I'm extremely nervous about whether my body will be proportioned. I'm 5'5 235 lbs and I wanted a wrap around or at least just my abs and flanks but I was told my bmi is too high so they are only doing upper and lower abs. I'm so fearful that my stomach will not be flat and proportion that I want. I'm even more fearful that my stomach will be flat but my love handles will look horrible.

2 days out :-/

My surgery is Saturday and i'm a nervous wreck. I've been waiting for the doctor to call me back for to days to clarify the wording in my consent forms. I started my antibiotics today as well. I hope i can keep it down because I get nauseated easily.

I AM REALLY STARTING TO THINK I MADE A MISTAKE CHOOSING THIS DOCTOR.

IT'S ABOUT TO BE THE DAY BEFORE MY SURGERY AND ALL COMMUNICATION HAS STOPPED. FOR 4 DAYS I HAVE ASKED ABOUT SPEAKING TO DR. BOUTTE AND NO ONE HAS RESPONDED TO ME. THEY DIDNT WASTE TIME TO GET MY CREDIT CARD INFO BUT NOW I CANT GET A RESPONSE ABOUT THE WORDING ON MY CONSENT FORMS??!

FINALLY SPOKE TO DR. BOUTTE

I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER TODAY. I FINALLY GOT A CALL FROM THE DOCTOR..SHE SAID THAT SHE NEVER GOT A MESSAGE TO CALL ME AND THAT CRYSTAL HAD BEEN SICK. I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE BREAKDOWN IN COMMUNICATION BUT I FEEL BETTER NOW THAT MY QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. I AM PLEASED THAT SHE SAYS SHE WILL BE ABLE TO DO MY LOVE HANDLES NOW. I WAS REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT THAT. I'M ALSO GOING IN LATER SO THAT SHE WILL BE ABLE TO TALK WITH ME TO DETERMINE WHICH LIPO METHOD TO USE. I'M JUST READY TO GET IT OVER WITH AT THIS POINT BECAUSE MY NERVES ARE DONE.

I Did!!

I got there and finished paper work with Cyrstal and she was very nice. Then I went to take pics. I was weird. Then I meet Nurse Lee and I can rave about her all day. Then I went upstairs and I was 2 seconds from a panic attack but Nurse Lee loving told me to snap out of it lol. Then it was prep time..i hate caths.. I took a crap load of pills. The worst part was the numbing part. The keep sticking me in my stomach and yeah I could have been ok with maybe 3 but like 10...nope didnt like it. Then Dr Boutte can in talked for a min and I cant remember the rest..like nothing. I kinda remember getting in the car but the next thing I knew I was back in birmingham. I had to have tubes but it doesnt hurt. I'm sore but its tolorable. I still havent seen my results and I pray I love them. Everyone says on here day 2 is the worst but im armed with meds ready to sleep all day.

Day after surgery

Its not so bad today. Its just really sore but bearable. Really confused about this drainage stuff. I hate the tubes. I wish they gave better discharge info sometimes reading the papers is confusing. I finally saw my stomach and am overall pleased. My love handles are pretty sure gone. My lower abs is flat..more than I expected. There is puffiness in my middle abs. Its swollen and I pray it goes down. I haven't taken any pain meds because I didn't need it. Well that's all for now..oh yeah the cg is a pain to put on

I'M KINDA SCARED

YESTERDAY WENT OK....UNTIL I PASSED OUT AFTER TAKING MY CG OFF LAST NIGHT. AFTER I CAME TO I HAD A BOWEL MOVEMENT AND WAS OK..THIS MORNING IM SORE. I THINK I NEED TO CALL THE DOCTOR ABOUT LAST NIGHT. THE DRAINAGE TUBES ARE THE WORST THING FOR ME BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO HELP WITH THE HEALING PROCESS

I made it through!

Well no fainting today. I felt dizzy often but I also moved around alot more. Lots of soreness and tenderness. Im midsection around my navel still feels soft and weird but I had more feeling today. That's also the only area that I noticed I was swollen and its also hard. I tried rubbing it up and outward to smooth it out. It also looks a little uneven to me. I feel like maybe im not getting enough compression there because my lower and top is really flat. I don't want a random pudge in the center of my stomach. I keep reminding myself of my old stomach and realize im a long way from where I was. I've also started using a handheld massager for that area...is it too soon?? I still hate my drains..I feel it slows me down because im always so scare to pull too much. I pray they take them out Fri. I took pictures and I will load them..they aren't much different than yesterday. Oh I forgot..my binder keeps rolling up. Did anyone have trouble with that?? Thanks everyone for your feedback!

The day 2 photos

Here are the day 2 photos as promised

TODAY WAS HORRIBLE

I've been a big girl but today i was so emotional. These drainage tubes are defeating me. I think i would rather be in pain than to be this uncomfortable. It's horrible I can barely do anything for myself..pulling myself up is horrible. My back hurts immensely because I have only slept on my back (which i never do). I been scared to sleep on my side for fears it will make my stomach uneven. If i could stand all day I would. Im sick of all these pills, water, and bland food. My pain level is..well idk I just feel like I got in a fight and was hit in my ribs. Im really tender. I'm regaining feeling in the middle part of my stomach..it kinda looks uneven to me. Its very hard but my skin feels like goo almost. I still feel like its not compressed enough around my navel. I also feel that my binder causes alot of discomfort because I feel its too small. They gave me a s/m instead of at least a large and it presses down so hard against my tubes on the sides. I feel some kinda way about this Dr office because no one follows up with you AT ALL! Only if something is wrong is the only way you may speak to someone and fyi Dr. Boutte never returned my text from when I passed out 2 days ago. Today I received a automated call reminding me of my appt Friday..it would have been nice to receive a live call to at least know they care that you are alive and managing well. I had a small surgery in April at a big hospital and even then someone followed up with me so im really not sure why there are no follow up calls. So far I like my results but the after care just really doesnt sit well with me. I understand why there has been several posts complaining now. Tonight for the 1st time im going to take pain meds and go to la la land and pray tomorrow will be better.

ughhh

i had a whole update and I made a mistake and pressed refresh and lost it....im too pissed to type it over

Okay about last night.

My relationship with my drainage tubes is toxic lol seriously. I can handle the swelling..knots..all the above but the tubes have won the battle. Yesterday started out ok and just ended with me in tears. The previous night I had to take my binder off to sleep because the pain on one side was unbearable. SO yesterday I discovered from youtube that my drains had been not been suctioning properly the entire time. I did not realize the tubes needed a negative suction because the 1st time I saw my tubes the bulb was expanded. I have been leaking outside of my tubes when I stand at times and everytime I remove my dressing. My skin right side where the tubes run up is so sore to the touch that it burns and feels like i am being cut with a knife if i touch it with my finger. It has become so unbearable that I have had to stop wearing my binder because the combination of the metal in the compression garment and the small binder pressing against my tubes caused extreme pain. I expressed my concerns to Nurse Lee yesterday and also informed her of my passing out on Monday and she didn't make any comments about the fainting but proceeded to ask me again about reading the instructions and about our brief conversation on Sunday. She also suggested that I use pads along my sides to help with the discomfort and reiterated the importance of wearing my binder. I tried her suggestion but I was unable to keep on the binder. It appears the tube that hurts is placed differently than the one on my left side. Instead of it going up and around my side it goes up and toward my ribs. I am also feeling a burning sensation around the area. That drain is also collecting the least amount of fluid even after correcting the suction. I emailed Dr. Boutte and she responded pretty promptly. She basically told me she was present when I called Nurse Lee....and that she thinks the best thing to do, since i have a visit on tomorrow, is to avoid using the binder today since it is too uncomfortable. Hopefully remove the drains tomorrow.

pics from yesterday

Here are the photos from yesterday...

I just don't know

Sorry I haven't really update much but im not really sure how I feel about this experience. Its definitely been a rollercoaster. My appointment the other day didn't truly go as planned. I didn't see Dr Boutte but I saw nurse Lee. I wanted my tubes out but I feel because my tubes weren't suctioning properly those other days I had more fluid than I would have. Anyway I was still draining too much and the nurse said she would take them out if I wanted her to but also explained the possible repercussions for doing so. I opted to have the one causing me the most trouble removed plus it had pretty much stop draining anyway. Im excited to have a little bit of mobility back. The pain overall isn't bad. Im still swollen and very sore. The stinging from my tube and incision site bothers me the most right now. I'm ready for this tube to go! It is still draining too much and what is weird is that it is no longer red blood but yellow. Also the center of my stomach is really hard. Even though its early I use a electronic massager. I don't press down hard though. I still don't know how I feel about the overall results (don't get me wrong I see a big difference) its just sometimes I panic because I see potential issues...one side seems flatter than the other..its seems as my skin softens im scared it may droop and fold again...all I keep hearing is stay freaking compressed but this maiden garment is uncomfortable on my sides with the wire and really hurts when my binder is on. The combination leaves dents and leaves me sore. But to top it off the area that I feel needs the most compression isnt really getting support. As you can tell from my pictures around my belly button is the part that is still really poking out but even with the garment and binder its not being pushed in so its like my upper abs are really flat and the very bottom is as well but the middle is not. Also when I sit down I see my stomach folding again and it sucks. I just constantly remind myself its a process and without a doubt I look better than I did before. Oh yeah and I've read other recent reviews about the same doctor and I can honestly say I see where they are coming from. I really don't know how to take it at times. You spend more time interacting with the staff than her. I think it would be more mind easing (for a lack of better words) that there is more interaction with her. After all we are giving her our money and trusting her with our lives and figure. From my brief interaction I found her to be very pleasant on the phone. I was drugged the day of and really don't remember meeting her. That whole day is a complete blur after I laid on the table. Im pretty sure she will be very likeable whenever I get to interact with her again. Having a knowledgeable nurse and staff is fine but its nothing like the comfort of the actual doctor dealing with you. I think she did a awesome job as far as her technique its just ...I don't know...just a very different experience from the last cosmetic surgery I had. Anyway some days are just better than others but here are pictures from like the last 2 days

YELLOW FLUID

The fluid in my drainage tubes are completely dark yellow. I googled it and its says go to the emergency room but it says nothing about yellow fluid in the papers from the doctor. Should I be worried??

Bye bye tubes...Hello mummy suit

Just wanted to update everyone. My final tube was removed the other day. The yellow stuff she said it was serous drainage and it was nothing in my papers about it so I didn't know what it was and every time I researched it they were saying to go to the ER. Also the amount was increasing instead of decreasing. Anyway, I'm glad its over. I'm now in a body magic garment that I was stuffed in...literally its like 4 sizes too small. Im not in any pain but im sore. The garment isn't the most comfortable. I can't fasten my legs all the way...it cuts off my circulation I've mainly been wearing one leg open for bathroom purposes. I do that because it takes my fiancee like 10 min just to fasten 2 so I try to make it easier on him. This one also has shoulder straps. They wouldn't be so bad if my garment wasn't so small. But I haven't taken it fully off per nurse Lee's instructions. Overall I can deal with this stage. My only hope is that these hard knots go away because now they are all the way to my vagina.

I'm ready to work out

Hi all! Just checking in. Not much as changed since the last post. My body magic isn't as uncomfortable as long as I pull the straps down but I can shimmy in there a little easier. I can't fasten it without help though. I'm not in any pain..just still sore and swollen. These hard areas doesn't seem to want to go away but I use my hand held massager. I'm pretty sure its normal but my stomach takes the shape of every freaking thing that touches it for too long. I tried on some of my old clothes today that my stomach looked horrible in. My fiance's smile said it all :-)

Dents and hardness

Here are some photos

more pics

I fasten my body magic garment alone today!

Does the hardness and lumps every go away?

Im almost a month out and im just feeling fat and blah. There is this big mass of hardness that just won't soften up. Sometimes there are rolls of hardness. I don't know if its fluid or swelling. I started to lose alot of weight last week but I seem to be swelling again and the pounds are coming back. My fiance has been in the hospital for about a week so I haven't been in my body magic garment like I supposed to. I've had to move around dealing with him and my son so i've just had on the garment from after surgery and I bought similar shapers from Wal-Mart to change into. On Sunday I didn't have on anything and my stomach is so huge and I was in pain from moving around so much. I ordered some foam pads and more arnicare. I also am thinking about taking my bromelain for swelling as well. I haven't been watching my sodium as much either because I been eating hospital food and fast food. I haven't started working out because I always have to be at this hospital. Im just worn out.

I FINALLY HAD A VISUAL INTERACTION WITH DR. BOUTTE... THAT I CAN REMEMBER

I had my post op yesterday and was very pleased to actually meet the Dr. (per previous post I only remember hearing her voice during surgery). I had to laugh later because as many times as I saw her photo or that waiting room video I almost didnt recognize her. Anyway back to the appt..Nurse Lee called me to the back and got my weight and I was down like 8lbs even though I had just ate. She also did my measurements and i'd loss 6 inches. She took my pictures and compared them to my post op pictures and my mouth DROPPED. I can be a pretty critical person especially on myself at times. I've looked at my stomach plenty of times and i've just always been on the fence. Don't get me wrong..i've seen a big change but when I start swelling it gets frustrating. I don't think I was mentally prepared for the recovery time. I expected to have the procedure done and go about my merry way (like the celebs). Sometimes with me a need a "AHH" moment for me to truly realize my own accomplishments otherwise I'll always feel like im not where I need to be. Okay back to the photos...the transformation was amazing. I'm still swollen but the difference is undeniable. After photos I was able to see Dr. Boutte and as I expected she was very pleasant. She told me she had to confirm that I wasn't one of her tummy tuck patients because of the dramatic results. She told me that my results weren't typical because of the amount of loose skin I had and she would have suggested a tummy tuck for me. I was in shock. There were so many thought running through my head because up until the moment I saw my photos i'd been feeling really down about my body. My son had his 6th bday party and for the 1st time in 5 years I allowed myself to be photographed. I've gained over 50lbs and was always so embarrassed that I had gained so much weight. I thought after my procedure I would look better but when people started posting my pictures i looked like a whale in clothes. I was so disappointed. But seeing those photos was undisputed evidence of how far i have come. It made me more appreciative. It also made me curse out my fiance and friends for not telling me I was that fat. Back to my appt lol...I thanked Dr. Boutte for everything. I'm glad the reason I choose her turned out to be true. Her sculpting skills are awesome. I'll upload photos in a few.

PHOTOS AS PROMISED

These are untouched photos taken at the office...crazy huh

I TRIED ON WEDDING DRESSES!

I TRIED ON WEDDING DRESSES FOR THE 1ST TIME! THE BRIDAL CONSULTANT LOOKED AT ME CRAZY WHEN I TOLD HER MY MEASUREMENTS. MY WAIST IS A PERFECT SIZE 8 AND I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT SIZE IN FOREVER. I'VE ALWAYS LOVED MY BUTT BUT UMM MY BUTT TO WAIST RATIO IS CRAZY RIGHT NOW LOL

Does celebs have this much difficulty

I haven't posted in a while so I thought i'd give an update. I found my wedding dress! I was a little disappointed in the size I had to get but ahh well. Maintaining is hard work and I stress over my stomach now more than i did when it was huge. It feels like its getting bigger again :-( . Sometimes I can't tell if its swelling or fat because it fluctuates so bad. The hardness is an issue too. Some days it appears it has softened and i'm getting flabby or other days its extremely hard. From the front standing up i still look pretty good but it falls apart when you see me from the side or i sit. I use arnicare from time to time. I'm not positive about whether it works. I wear a corset or my fajas pretty much 24 hrs with an abdominal board. The board is really good at flattening around my belly button when it starts to get bigger. I'm going to try massages. I was hoping I would lose more inches but i'm just fighting to keep what ive lost. I haven't exercised like I should and i'm not as strict as i was on what i eat. I'm going to correct my issues and hope for the best
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon