The pain was horrific - Don't Do It! - Louisville, KY

I don't know where to start! The pain was horrific...

I don't know where to start! The pain was horrific. I had 3 treatments. My first one I was given the injections with NO cold air for numbing or anything. YES the shots hurt. The medicine burns as well and immediately I started swelling. I was so sore, bruised and swollen I missed 2 days of work and was down for the weekend. Each time it was terrible. Here's the kicker: I've never had kids, I weighed 127 pounds when I went in. All I wanted to do was tighten up my stomach and get rid of what fat was there. When I went in for my 2nd treatment I was weighing 134!! I GAINED 7 pounds. So the dr tells me its just all swelling and it will go away. NOT true. I finished my 3 treatments. The last one was in December 07. This is April 08 and I am still bigger now than when I started this on Sept 11, 2007.

This a has been a terrible experience, costly, painful and even a bigger blow to my self esteem. Feel free to email me at {click on username to reach private message form} I have pics to prove my story. You will be shocked. I do not have any photos right now of the before that I can find I will keep looking.

Months and months after my 3rd treatment, I am...

Months and months after my 3rd treatment, I am very unhappy. I'm lumpy, swollen, my clothes I wore last summer at this time do not fit. I'm disappointed. I do not want anyone to go through with lipo dissolve. It's NOT worth taking the risk. I was told by my doctor I probably wouldn't get enough of a result to make me happy but I'd see some difference.

The difference: I'm bigger,  lopsided, bloated, and lumpy. I will not wear a bathing suit. I wear special under garments to keep me in a decent form.

I still have not lost the weight I gained after the first treatment. I even under went a 12 week intense exercise/diet program with a trainer. Even after all that hard work, NOTHING changed in my stomach.

My doctor assured me after I went for yet another follow up, that what was injected into me was all natural and nothing that would harm me. I hope and pray he was at the least telling me the truth about that part of this ordeal.

Calospa, Louisville, KY

thank you very much it doesn't seem worth it. I'd rather just get the surgery, never mind the horrible shots.

I wanted to tell you that I see a difference on your last pix. compared to the first pix. you looked very bloated then few months past and you seem to have lost it.
I'm sorry for the treatment, hun...the question I have is, was regular Lypo an option for you rather than LypoDissolve before you had work done? I'm trying to figure out which one will be safe. Thanks.
I dont have before photos, the dr office for some reason left those out of my medical record file.
After ONE year I am better. Not like I was before this whole disaster though! Its been brutal, mentally and physcially. I am so glad you found my story and did not make the mistake I made. I wanted to save at least one person. I'm glad it was you! Gina
Wow... When i saw the ad i wanted to do so bad. But it was too good to be true i wanted to do some read about it more and im glad i came across your story... Thank you so much... are you getting better? Houa Xiong
I would like to share before and after pictures from our experiences with Lipodissolve. Please feel free to e-mail me to see these pictures. {editor note - you can post these pictures on RealSelf.com along with your story about your Lipodissolve experience. Add your story here. Thank you}
My pictures are posted on this website. Thanks.
Gina - I am writing because I had a horrible experience with Lipo Dissolve also. I have been suffering for a year now. I have had many CT scans, blood tests, a breath test, a nuclear scan, an endoscopy and several other procedures in an attempt to find out what was causing my stomach distention. In the end, I found out that it was a result of the lipo dissolve. My stomach is constantly distended. At times it feels like I am going to pop. I heard about the Mike and Juliet show and have contacted the show directly as well as Channel 2 on two occasions to obtain a copy of the show. I have received no response. My step mother stated that some of the patients that had the bloating and distention had some procedure to repair the damage. She stated that they had two holes in them but did not know what it was called. Was it Smart Lipo? I am asking because I just had that done on the 11th of this month because I have had two doctors tell me that it will help. I am almost three weeks out right now and am not seeing any relief. My doctor told me to give it at least 4 weeks. My stomach really swelled last night and it huge today, but reading the blogs on Smart Lipo that seems to be the case and it does go away. I am just really hoping that the distended feeling goes away. I am 32 and really cannot live the rest of my life uncomfortable and in pain. I really believe that anyone that is even thinking about this should seriously think again. This stuff is not FDA approved and no one knows what can happen after the treatment. If you are considering, just ask yourself if it is worth the possibility of suffering for the rest of your life? If the answer is no, don't do it!!!! There are other, safer alternatives. I did go from a size 6 to a size 4, but I will tell you something I would rather be a size 12 now and not have ever put myself through this!!! Please let me know what the people had on the show to repair their distention. Also, if you know any way that I can get a copy of the show I would appreciate it. I am so sorry for what happened to you. If Smart Lipo works for me, I will let you know and give you the name of my doctor so that you can look into it. It was not a pleasant procedure and they really do not advertise it correctly. It is painful. You do bruise. You do swell and there is definitely down time. Not to mention the garment that you have to wear 24/7, except in the shower!!! But, like I told my doctor, if this works, I would do it over and over again. I will keep you posted.
Maggie - email me at {edited contact information} and I will se if I can find that link for the show. The best thing I have found to do is massage. I mean really squeeze and roll the areas. It is smoothing out the lumps I have. Gina Editor note: This user can be contacted privately by clicking on their username.
Can you e-mail me before and after photos.
That looks so painful, sorry for the horrible experience you've had but I can tell you this, its one treatment I was considering that I will definately NOT get!! Hope you feel better soon and thanks for your input.
I am so glad you decided NOT to do this procedure. I just appeared on the Morning Show with Mike and Juliet, yesterday. They did a segment on lipo dissolve. You should check it out. Thanks for writing and sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Gina
Our experiences, including my own have been fantastic. We have only ASAL Lipodissolve physicians that do all of the treatments. We have strict protocols that are followed for each and every patient.
I went to the Calospa if that tells you anything! VERY respectable doctors, board certified. Also, when I was on the Mike and Juliet show yesterday I met Dr. Richard D'Amico President American Society of Plastic Surgeons-he too was on the show. We had a nice talk regarding lipo dissolve. I wish I had the wisdom and insight he gave me yesterday, 7 months ago.
Hey, I'm going for a consult with body allure on Wednesday, now I'm alittle scared. That looks painful.
Brandi, I really hope you did not go thru with the procedure. I dont want anyone to go thru such a horrible experience. I was on Mornings with Mike and Juliet, at their request. They did a show on lipo dissolve, you should look for the video on their website. It aired Wednesday, July 16th.
I am so sorry for all you have been through. I have sent you some information that may help reduce your edema. We help heal patients everyday. I hope the information helps you and hope that you are feeling better soon!
So far, I still have not had any changes. I'm still lumpy and swollen. I am going to see another doctor. Just not sure who yet. I was on the Mornings with Mike and Juliet show yesterday and the doctor that appeared as well is the president of ASPS. He gave me his number I will call him tomorrow and he will recommend someone in the Louisville area to give me their opinion of what needs to be done now if anything can be. Thanks again for your concern.
where did you go and did they use a staple gun, people are getting lazy and instead of buying more they are adding stuff to it and messing people up
I went to the Calospa in Louisville, KY. I do not recommend this procedure. He did not use a staple gun it was a large syringe with 5 needles on the end. I hope you do not try this, its too new and not enough scientific facts out.