Hello all!!! I am anxiously awaiting my...

Hello all!!!

I am anxiously awaiting my procedure. I am having a MEDIAL THIGH LIFT. My doctor says he expects to take off at least 8 liters of excess skin and fat. As I read the post my all of you I see things to get that I wouldn't even think of. I was told I will not be in a compression garment but rather bandages. What concerns me is how am I going to go to the bathroom. ( as far as what happens if urine gets in the incision.? will a female urinal work?? ) Does having this procedure change the shape, somewhat of the buttocks???

Any and all info you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Maybe a check list???

Just had my thighs done. I would recommend a female urinal called a "Freshette". I have the toilet riser but 3 weeks out it still hurts to sit on it. You will get urine on your incisions, I had about 20 soft wash clothes and cleaned myself with warm water after each use. No infection, it was soothing , and often used a hair dryer on cool setting to dry myself. As for my buttocks they seem a little flatter, could be my imagination, but I am pleased with my thighs. I still can't sit comfortably but I know it will be worth it.
I have ordered my toilet seat riser as well as the support device * the arms on the riser*, walker, female urinal, and shower seat. Just waiting for them to come in. Also got my supplies together: Pads *chucks*, gauze, tape, betadine swabs, and cant forget the moo moos to stay covered yet allow air to flow... Am I missing anything???
no ma'am...sounds like your in good shape and ready to go...good luck with your surgery and post afterwards so we can know how your doing

A few pics

Here are a few pics of my before and after tummy tuck... now I am scheduled for my thigh lift... Wooo hooo cant wait.. My doctor ROCKS!

You look FANTASTIC! Your Doc did a wonderful job with your tummy! I have had a LBL, and am anticipating a thigh lift in the near future....I will be following your surgery closely!
thank you!!!! I am not completely satisfied (with my own progress not the surgeon).. then again.. are we ever LOL I am thankful to GOD, my PS and my honey for supporting me through my transformation!
We are always works in progress, especially after massive weight loss, but you seem to have a fantastic Doc! You did all the hard work with your successful weight loss, now you get to enjoy your fantastic new bod!

Medial thigh lift

I am so excited. December 12 is my date to have ny surgery. After a gastric by pass in 2010 I have lost well over 200 + pounds. I hace had a TT already so now its time for my legs... Nervous and excited. .

I love reading all the wonderfully supportive comments on this site! I also am having a thigh lift done in Feb and am very nervous. I will be waiting to see your results so please come back and let us know how you go. Im in Australia and will be travelling to Thailand for my surgery. I will also be getting an extended tummy tuck and upper eye lid lift. Soooo very excited. Good luck...
7 weeks away for you!!! Are you getting super excited yet? I forgot to ask - are you having the groin incision or the one extending down the inner thigh? Update us! lol (I'm getting better with the female urinal....hahaha... I just wish it had a longer tube so I can stand in front of the toilet and NOT splash. Think I'll see if my hubby can modify it.)
Hey Yes I am super juiced.. I bought just about everything i will need. thought about "practing" with the urinal LOL LOL.. Sorry I havent been on here lately.. been having issues with a blocked tear duct.. Have to see a specialist tomorrow. I will be having the incision down the leg.. since i have so much to take off.. My PS said at least 4 pounds per leg.... I cant wait!!!!!!! OMG LOL No splash LOL I love it... yea I think he would be the one to go to huh LOL

Time is getting close

Can't believe its already November!!!! In 12 days I go in for my pre op.... OMG I get excited just thinking about it.... Then before you know it..... It will be DECEMBER!!!!!

I really enjoy this site and can hardly wait to share with you my pre surgery jitters, my after surgery concerns and excitement!! Stay tuned!!!

You've come such a long way! Congratulations! I've had vertical sleeve surgery and have lost 128 pounds and I get the same comments of taking the easy way out...heck no, I still have to watch what I eat and exercise 6 days a week! Anyways, I'm looking to have a lower body lift and thigh lift next summer, God willing, and found your journey here. I'll be keeping up with your surgery and rooting for ya!
thank you so much... i look forward to and welcome your posts!!

Only 3 weeks away!!!

Had my pre op appointment the other day.. Asked all the questions I could think of!! Got my pre op appointment which is Dec 10. I have alot of things going on in my life right now.. sometimes I feel like I am a basket case. So, for now, I am going to focus on my health. The rest can wait.. All my supplies are accounted for.. So come on surgery date!!!!! I know without a doubt that the day will be here before I know it!!!!! Oh the attached pic is the one I took and the doc drew just how much he will be taking off of each leg... In his words, " I will be taking at least this much off"... YAYYYY go me!!!!

I had my belly button removed cause there was no senbse keeping it. I got referral through my insurance for the consult. And apparently they r paying for it. I am very happy about it. I need my inner and outter thighs done. They chaf when I walk specially around the knee area. I get infections specially when its summer and I don't dare to do more worlouts cause ill get yeast infections and sores. And I get pain in my upper thighs now and again. My labs are perfect so I am thinking its the weight and the extra skin on my thighs causing this issue.
You sound like me. I have the same issues. My insurance is covering it as well. My doc says I have about 8 liters per leg to be removed. Not quite sure as to how many pounds that is but im sure its alot... so when I am going in for surgery u will be having your consult. That is so cool.
Yep and I wish u luck to on ur surgery! Was ur consult also ur pre op?

It's December!!!!

OMG!! It's FINALLY December! 9 more days until my pre op labs, ekg....etc.. 10 and a half more days to surgery!!! I am soooo excited!

Oh my gosh how exciting
Thank you!!!
I am very excited for u!

ONE WEEK AWAY!!! OMGG!!

Whew... I cannot believe this time next week I will be in recovery! I got the call from my PS office making sure I have my wound care supplies, grabber and all the other things I will need.. They even ordered me a home health nurse *thank GOD* for me.. In addition, since I do not have the support at home that I need * embarrassed to say* the PS agreed to keep me in the hospital for a couple of days. That takes soo much off of my mind! Okay... I am ready.. Im making a grocery list of all that I will need, and it brings tears to my eyes to think that all of what I have dreamed of is coming true.

I'm so excited for you! I'll be having a medial thigh lift and posterior lift in Feb. and can't believe how quickly the time is flying by! I'm sure you'll be able to offer lots of advice and incite following your surgery. Best of luck to you! Can't wait to see your results. :D
thank you sooo very much!! and you can best believe I will be updating once I am free of anesthesia LOL

And the countdown begins......................

I cannot believe its already the 8th!!!!! I go in for my pre op labs on the 10th and then I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am on the 12th... Wooooo Whooooo!!! Man this is sooo awesome!

As soon as I can see straight I will be uploading pics LOL

Count down is on...
I can't wait to see the results! A few more days to go girls! Whoo hoo!
YES INDEED Lorabell... I am counting the days ... I go in tomorrow for my pre surg labs.. then it's just a day and a half!!! It makes me smile so big til my face hurts to even think about it....

Pre op labs are done!!

Just got the green light from thr hospital... Have to be at the hospital ar 6:30am on Thursday... Omg thats in a day and a half!!!!! I think im going to faint. Lol

Wishing you the very best of luck!!! You may be too busy at the moment to be checking on here, but in case you do, I hope you feel all the support going your way. Can't wait to hear how things are going for you. You'll do GREAT.
Thank you so much.. yea I am busy but never too busy to reply to where my support and love comes from.. I AM SO EXCITED YALL. .. TOMORROW I WILL BE A NEW PERSON, PHYSICALLY!! Talk to yall tomorrow! !!
If you could only see how big I'm smiling!!!! Yah!!! Can't wait for tomorrow for you... well... maybe a couple days after when you're feel more than just drugs or pain. Keeping my fingers cross!!! TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night before....

Omg omg.. its really REAL!!! I PRAYED FOR THIS...!!! Thank you God!!! I know I will have wonderful results. ... this is a dream come true...

I am soo excited! Ill let u know about my consult! I canbt wait to see ur new thighs! Ill be thinking of u while I am sitting in drs office! Huggggs! :)
Loribell i am excited for your appointment tomorrow and Renata I am praying you get the greatest outcome you can get! I'm counting down for you!!! Best of luck tomorrow!!!
Thank you Amanda..... I appreciate it... I really do.. Lorabell.... I am sure we are going to be twins!! becuz at the same time i am getitng my wonderful thing done.. u will be getting your news for YOUR wonderful thing!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!

This is it!! On my way to the hospital!

This is such an awesome feeling. . In a few hours I will be in my bed recovering!! Talk to yall then

Hope your resting and taking it slow. We are all waiting to here how your doing. Cant wait to see pics of the new you! Excited!!
Best wishes! Will be waiting for results! :-D
I hope u doing well! I am going to wait untill next yr to do it since my ps wants me to be below 30 bmi. I've lost 10lbs in two weks! I can't wait for ur results!

I did it!!! I am alive!!! its done!

When I got to the hospital everything seemed to go in fast forward. . I was laying on the table before I knew what was going on. Surgery went great. I woke up with no pain at all. I dont know, maybe because I have a high tolerance for pain...
Had a couple issues with my blood pressure which is naturally low, then combined with pain pills which I didn't ask for and morphine made it that much lower. So I wasn't allowed to get out of bed. When I did get out of bed I threw up..not once but twice. Thank God I am over that part. I would say that was the worstest part of the surgery, and yes I know that is not a word lol
Otheriwse I am fine. I am home. Got up by myself last night to go to the bathroom. Just focusing on getting better... Amanda told me how yall were asking about me... I appreciate that. Just didnt have the strength to sit down and wrrite.. love you all
Oh btw they took off 4.8 pounds off of each side...

I am a little over 3 weeks post op. WASH YOUR BANDAGES with a little bleach and hang them to dry. WASH EVERYDAY with antibacterial soap and towel dry well. DO NOT USE LOTIONS, OILS, CREAMS etc even if you are dry on any part of your body that will be covered by bandages. This provides the perfect environment for yeast. If you get small itchy bumps treat them with an anti-fungal cream like Lotrimin that ends in a "zole". If you have a stitch open, don't freak out, put some bacitracin on it and cover with sterile gauze.... it gets better every week! In about 2-3 weeks look at a pair of spanx tights or even tights from Maiden Form. Once your stitches and incisions are not sore, you can wear tights instead of bandages. It is a nice change and will help you get mobile and out in public again in more comfort. A nice plus is that they provide uniform compression without indentations that the bandages cause. This will become more important with time... Good Luck and congrats!!!
Wow. Thank you. Im noticing my thighs are tight. .. abd when I get up to walk I notice I drain more.. is that normal? How long before the tightness goes away. . Thank you for all the info. . I have staples too
Renata your PS didn't mention u would have staples? When I asked he said none down my thigh but I am going to clarify that on Monday when I go in yet again for a consult with his partner. I have learned from having several surgeries that things can change once they get you on the table, do to unexpected challenges. I'm glad to here your pain level is tolerable . How long before they let you shower? How hard is it trying to potty lol ? Hope u don't mind the questions, just trying to prepare myself mentally. ; )

3 days post

Well, I managed to get up alone, go to the bathroom, empty drains, brush teeth, make a cup of coffee, change bandages .. whew.. why am I out of breath?

That's good to hear! Keep me posted!
Renata feel better soon!! Nothing like being in your own bed.
Thinking of you hope your feeling better soon

Set back.. but not counted out

Good morning beautiful people. I am sending this update from my hospital bed. Yep I am sure Amanda has told you guys. I wss having a hard time breathing every time I got up to go to the bathroom. I thought I was just tired from having a big surgery. Until I called a friend whos a respiratory therapist and she said hang up, call 911 you sound like you have a blood clot in your lung. .. First I thought she was joking. . And said girl you are scaring me. She replied, you need to be scared, you cqn die.
Got to the hospital and found that my hemoglobin was 7 when it was 14 day of surgery.... and that I had two blood clots in my lungs. So, I am sitting here on a heprin drip with the wonderful outook of taking coumadin for approx a year in my future.. I have been given 3 units of blood and I feel awesome. But I know this is where I need to be right now.. my legs are swollen and frankly idc about them right now lol Look forward to seeing them after the swelling goes down. Anyway just wanted yall to know I am okay... thank you Jesus...

My Lord Renata I'm so glad your ok! Tell your friend she's a smart girl and thank her for us. What a scare u had! Thinking of you and wishing u a speedy recovery. XO
Thank you so much. ...
Im fine lorabell. . How are u sweetie

Bandages off...

They said I can shower! !!!!

So glad you rang your friend
I am so glad everything is better! I am looking forward to seeing ur results! :)
Just wait until the swelling goes down!!! It's so exciting!!! Looking great!!!!

December 18

Well here it is the 18th of December and I am sitting in front of my fireplace eating a bowl of oatmeal... Yes I said I AM HOME!!!! My doctors said they have never seen anything respond to the anticoagulants like I do.. that generally ALL people bleed or have some significant bleeding.. whereas when they do a blood draw from me my blood clots back within seconds.. Well, I dont know about yall but I call that GOD. I have 26 in incisions down each leg.... I sure don't "need" it bleed... So, GOD knows what hes doing... :-)
Now, because of this situation I am going to say that there will be no more surgeries for me... not PS ones anyway. I have to be on the blood thinners for 3/6 months and then life as normal. The ultrasound said... No clots, DVT's are indicated... YEAAAA BUDDY... SMH... Its just better and better :-)
I will be on here very very often.... and am willing to support any and everyone of you as you go through your journey.

PLEASE DO NOT LET WHAT HAPPENED TO ME STOP YOU FROM YOUR JOURNEY.!!!! Every situation is different from person to person and procedure to procedure...
Okay time to get my fill of Law and Order SVU... oh how I missed this show... Have a wonderful day!!!!

I'm so glad you're okay. And that you can thank God for your response to the meds! :D That's so awesome. And also that you won't try to dissuade anyone here from having the surgery... I mean, that's so cool and so insightful of you. You seem like a really special person - I'm happy you're doing so well!!!
Renata it's so good to here your back home. I am praying for u and looking forward to seeing your results. Take it easy and be careful. Thanks for sharing Beachgirl
:-)

..... and yet SOMETHING else... Really??? LOL

Woke up this morning feeling fantastic and decided to take a shower. OMG what a wonderful feeling that was.... Only to come back to my chair and look on the floor..... my drain was on the floor.... the tubing and the "grenade" was just relaxing on the floor. I said.. WTH... called the surgery clinic and they said.. you still have the other part of the drain in your leg.. get to the EMERGENCY ROOM NOW!!! I went... and thankfully..... after consulting with my PS it was determined that infact I did NOT have any other part of the drain in my leg... *they were thinking about re opening it and removing the other part* ... that the only part the PS used was the line and the grenade.... WHEW...... so he instructed the e.r. doc to remove the other side as well... Soooooooo I am DRAIN FREE!!!!!
Staples to be removed this friday......
I have to admit.... there have been a couple times that I have become really discouraged.... tears fell, heart felt broken....
but.... im getting better....

Renata I am so sorry u have gone through so much thus far. You are a wonderful role model for all of us. Don't get discourage sweetie we are all here for you to vent on. I always tell myself "Got Lemons just make some lemonaide!" I try to look at the glass half full verses half empty. This really helps me get through the tough times. I wish we all lived close together. You just keep talking through all this with us and we will all help you deal with everything we can. Big Hugs!
thank you so very much.... it wouldn't be AS bad if I wasn't going through stuff on the homefront... but... I guess like they say, GOD doesn't give more to us than he KNOWS we can handle...
I am so glad things r working out for u! Thanks for keeping us posted then ill know what to expect when my time comes! Thanks for being there!

Staples coming out tomorrow

OMG the staples are going to be removed in the morning.. 8am to be exact... and i am nervous about it... YES I SAID I AM NERVOUS LOL I know you are thinking... what the hell is she nervous about .... this is SIMPLE compared to what shes been through the past week LOL But I am... how will it feel?? will it hurt??? will I bleed * on blood thinners, remember* ... is this when the numbness in my legs near the incision will come back???? OMG i am a basket case

I'm sure you're nervous about staple removal, but look at the bright side- you most likely won't end up with rr tracks. My ps plans on leaving them in 2-3 weeks! Yikes.
dang... why so long??

pic...

I hope the staple removal went okay. if it totally sucked, let me know that part, too. I think I'd rather be prepared than taken off guard. I sure hope it'll be like Beach girl66 said - that you hardly felt them coming out.
Hey my appointment is in a few hours..so, I am getting prepared. . I will definitely post and let yall know .
girl hang in there....these thigh lifts are not fun to go through...just keep your eye on the prize!

looking and feeling better

Few hours until staple removal

I had a thighplasty w/circumferential body lift done on Dec. 11th. Do you have a lot of swelling in your feet still? I seem to be swelling more in my right leg/foot than my left. How much activity are you engaging in?
You should update your stuff here - lots of us concerned about you!!! Sending love and hugs, girl.
Thinking about you! I sure hope all is going well now! When u get home and better please call me!

Sorry guys...

I would like to say sorry first off for not really posting on here lately. Between trying to focus on getting better and being a lil frustrated with the entire situation, I have been in my own lil cocoon.
I am not sure what you guys know... so I will just briefly touch on everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks.

Went in for surgery and all seemed to had gone well. Until the night it was time to discharge me. I had a fever and a blood pressure of 80/40. Normally my BP runs kinda low but never like that. I was sent home. Approx 12 hours later I was rushed back to the hospital via ambulance because I could not breathe. I could hear my heart beat in my ears which I thought was weird. * come to find out.. that is how hard my heart was working trying to pump what little blood i had in me around*.
I was diagnosed with bilateral pulmonary emboli. Admitted back to the hospital and put on blood thinners and given several units of blood. After a couple days I was feeling like a new person and was sent home. 2 days later I woke up, not able to breathe again and my left leg was swollen to the point where I could not move it on my own. Back to the hospital I went. 4 staples were removed and my leg was decompressed. *man did that hurt even with morphine*. Was sent home. The next day I stood up to go to the bathroom and my drain fell onto the floor. Called the surgery clinic and they said, go to the er. So there I went... the other drain *left leg* was removed as well.... even though I begged them that this was the "bad" leg and the drain, i thought, needed to stay in as long as possible. Sent home.
Christmas morning, I was having such a hard time breathing that all I wanted to do was sleep.. even though I knew SOMETHING wasn't right. Ambulance was called and back I went. I was admitted with a hemoglobin of 5. I was given 5 units of blood and 4 units of something called FFP. Fresh frozen plasma. and was told I had to stop the blood thinners because they were causing me to bleed out into my leg.... the bad leg. but that in the mean time I had to have a procedure called insertion of a IVC filter put in. This is where they put you out and go into a vein in your leg, travel up your body, and deploy a little mesh type umbrella into the main vein in ur body which will catch any clots and stop them from going to my heart. So, I had that..... *have to wear a necklace for the rest of my life and carry a card, that states i had this done.
This was the day after christmas. I thought to myself.. okay I am going through ALL of this and i am starting to feel better... So.... I KNOW this leg is going to be okay.. * all the while my leg was 2x the normal size and discolored*
well that saturday morning I got up with help to go potty and I heard a small pop.... didn't make a big deal out of it. Thought it was my bones cracking from moving. well. when I got back into bed I noticed my bandages were SOAKED, SATURATED with bright red blood. The nurse decided to change my dressing and when she took off the top bandage I was staring into my leg. My incision opened up approx 6 inches long and 3 inches deep ....Never had I seen anything like this before.. I became a whole new type of scared.
Had to have it opened up and cleaned out the next day, yes another surgery. After surgery I was told that they took out 400ml of old blood and fluid along with approx 26 clots. * that is NOT something that would have reabsorbed* and my leg was stitched closed and while in this short surgery I was given 2 units of blood and 2 of the FFP's.
I have been taken off of the blood thinners completely and it finally looks like my leg is healing like it's supposed to. Oh and on top of ALL of this.... everyone that knows me knows I am ALLERGIC to every tape except PAPER tape. when I woke up from surgery I had my upper thigh covered in surgical tape.. Now I have blisters all over the area where the tape was. I mean... DANG
I am angry, upset, frustrated, sad, scared and any other description you can give to my situation.

I had this surgery to help to improve my every day life. Had I known my situation would have been one where it almost took away everything from me.... I would have thought twice.... three times...

I am not trying to bring anyone down with my story.... everyone is different. every doctor is different every patient is different.
IDK why all of this happened to me. I am still looking for the answer to that, but I do know that GOD was and is still watching over me.. otherwise I would have been dead.

Just got back from my reg doc because I didn't like the way my drain was smelling. Infection at the drain site. Shot of antibiotics and a script. She said, why wouldn't he put u on antibiotics after surgery? I said im wondering the same thing. ... shes not happy....neither am I.
Omg renata I am so sorry this happened to u! I hate to say I am kinda nervous about doing it now. I go for my consult jan 28th for both breast and thigh surgery to get a quote! I hope ur on ur way to healing! Keep us updated! Xo huggs!
Thank you for the updates and sharing this. May this new year bring you tons of positive outcomes and numerous blessings!

blister from tape

If I tell you im allergic to everything but paper tape why in the hell would you put it on me anyway? ????

Went back to my regular doc for a follow up. Still have an infection but not as bad as it was on Friday. .. got another injection of antibiotics. Was kinda bummed when the reality of me not being able to go back to work until mid February was told to me. It makes sense that I cant but it just made me realize just how intense all ofthis trtruly is...
Ah. I'm sorry girl. But I'm glad you have to rest, just hope it doesn't pose a hardship on you. Glad you got another injection though- knock that crap right out of you. You'll be returning to work just as I'm going in for surgery and that seems like it's right around the corner. Take care!!
Awesome news!! Kickn Ass and Taken Names!!

pics

Headed back to rhe surgery clinic this morning. Kinda anxious, excited and nervous all in one. I know they are going to fix or treat the open areas which is going to take me into the total recovery process. Just thr thought of all of this being over with is overwhelming. . No more pain, no more painful bandage changes, finally able to shower, and last but surely not least.... finally going to be able to have a normal life... all things considered. ..here I go..
Here if you want to PM after u get home. You have been through so much and deserve better! Things are looking up sweetie and your just reward is coming!! Follow through and God will do the rest. Huge hugs!
Sweetie, are they completely closing your wounds today?

Reality

What I am about to say are just a few things that have run across my mind. I do not intend to offend anyone by no means.. I am just trying to come to grips with all that has happened to me. I believed you. I trusted you, so much so that I trusted you with my life on more than one occasion. Of which I almost lost. I needed you but you were nowhere to be found. Even if it was just for a few kind, reassuring words but you weren't there. Why, can you please just tell me why didn't you care about what happened to me? Am I disposable to you? Is my experience chalked up to a oh damn and move along? I thought we were in this battle together from start to finish... I was here... where were you? I dont understand. .. if I would have had cash in hand would that have bridged the gap between disappearance and here? All I wanted was to be better. To improve my life. I look at my results and cant help but cry. Depression is a friend that visits me often. I dont feel pretty any more. I am scared. Scared that I wont heal.. (ALTHOUGH I KNOW WHAT GOD HAS PROMISED).Do you not have sisters? A mother? A wife? Would you remain silent to them too because it doesn't concern you?? I know I will get through this..because my God is a healer. So from this point I turn everything over to God...beibg out of work, no money for food,eviction notices, unpaid utilities and last but not least You!
:( Oh girl. I know you said holes, but damn. Those look like HOLES. But you're healing and will get thru this and know we all are behind you, praying for you and pulling for you.
Omg Renata! That pic is soooo sad! :-(

hurts more and more

The pain is horrific

I can't believe what a hard journey you're going through! I'll be praying for you and I hope u feel better soon.
Waiting on my nurse to get here. She comes 2x a day now.... Noticed last night my back was peeling. Large pieces of skin was coming off... no open skin though so A&D ointment it is.. praying and believing for good news today
I am angry. Really angry this morning. How dare you have your secretary or representative call me at 8am to ask how I am doing!! Where was this phobe call a month ago???? How dare she tell me I am on the proper time schedule for healing because thighs are PROBLEMATIC. Do you not recall before my surgery I called your office, private practice office, just to ask a damn question and was told...YOU ARE NOT HAVING YOUR PROCEDURE THROUGH THIS OFFICE... YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THE COUNTY SO YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM.. AND WAS HUNG UP ON. . But NOW you want to know how im doing??????? I have 2 words for you. ..... BLEEEP YOU! !! You are transparent. . I see you and through you... do not take my sufferings or all that I have been through and view them as a mochary. Shame on you and all those that represent you.... I am done.

Looking better..

Although I have to learn to look past what I see and have a totally different perspective. So when my regular doctor told me how wonderful my leg was looking I couldn't see it. All I saw was giant, deep holes in my leg. She explained pink, red, bleeding, and even some burning were all indicators that the tissue is alive and new. Which all means healing is well under way...

Looks like I will be headed to the surgery clinic to have the rest of these god forsaken stitches *which have been in since Dec 29* and staples out this coming thursday.. I am happy about that! This means I will have no more foreign bodies in me and I will be able to HEAL.... Something that should have been done so very long ago!!!
Decided to go to walmart last night. ( my daughter wanted to buy me some of the foods that I eat) Decided to use their scooter which wasnt bad... but I kept feeling my leg burn. Got home after an hour and realized maybe I shouldn't have gone. I had bled a little. These are the types of things that causes a whirlwind of emotion. I said to myself, Damn you cant even go someplace fpr an hour!!! Are u destined to spend your life in bed with occassional walks to the bathroom only to return to bed straight away??? Then I look up and see my old friend depression... how I hate him so much.. so, with tears in my eyes I say outloud....THIS TOO SHALL PASS. I AM NOT A PRODUCT OF THIS PARTICULAR MOMENT. THIS IS JUST A DETOUR IN MY JOURNEY, ALTHOUGH IT WAS NOT PLANNED IT WAS ALLOWED... then im better again for another moment. If it wasnt for this forum and the wonderful people I have met here, Amanda, Kimmy, Melanie, and last but sure not least. Dory.... I really think this situation would have consumed me. I love you guys so much.!!!! Each day I tell myself... THERES A PURPOSE FOR ALL OF THIS...I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT THERE IS... SO JESUS.... LEAD ME TO DO WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO.. WHO YOU WANT ME TO TALK TO.... I WILL DO IT... TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
Sweetie....it will get better! You are healing....it is just do darn slow, and has taken way longer than it should....hopefully you got some nice groceries and had a good dinner? Drink that protein! ( bariatric mama here....) :-)

guess what... yep. ANOTHER ISSUE

Went to shower this morning only to find not only has ny skin blistered from the tape but I have developed a fluid filled little bubble on the incision line. Worriesd me so I emailed a pic to my surgeon s assistant. She states its okay nothing to be alarmed about... idk... it bothers me...

I am suture and staple free!!!!! Hurting like hell though
I am in the room waiting for the doctor... omg im excited. ..
I am sorry I've been MIA! I hope all of u guys are doing great going for my consult on Tuesday. To see about my boobs and thighs! Ill let u all kow what happened!

I am free!!!!!

Omg I am so happy. Lord knows I forgot how good this felt to be so happy. All stitches and staples are out!!!! Come on healing!!!!!

Hey Sexxxy smiling lady!!!! So glad to see you are back to your cheerful optimistic self :-). I could certainly stand to take a page from your book on that one. Love you to sweetie!!! You have inspired me.... XOXOXOXO
Awww. Thank u Mel.. u are sooo sweet... yea I feel great. Some pain but nothing like before.. My daughter took me to sizzler tp grt a salad and it felt so good to get out... got dressed to go too... man. I feel like a different person
I want to thank all of you who have been following my post and my story for all of your support, midnight text messages to cheer me up, words of encouragement and everything you guys have done to make this really hard journey a little bit better. Idk what I would have done without you.. I love you!!!

I feel good.... and its about damn time

Love you to Girlfriend!!! So great to see you up and smiling!!! You are a true inspiration to all of us like OneDimSim said!!! Love you Girl!!!!
I cant say it enough. You guys are the best!!!!!! Love yall!!!
Yes lord!

The holes are closing

I know some may not be able to see it but I can... especially the first and second ones... the bigger one is closing slowly but surely. ...thank you Lord

These last couple of days have found filled with emotion. One moment I am super happy at the progress my leg is making then an hour later I am crying my eyes out because I am happy and amazed that I have such awesome people in my life and then because of how sad I am that all of this is happening and has happened. Sometimes I feel like such a fool. A fool to have actually allowed myself to trust that someone without any emotional attachment to me would truly have my best interest at heart. Its almost February and I am still popping pain pills and secretly disgusted at how my leg looks. I smile and allow the outside world to believe I am happy and content with the way things are going when I am not. Wishing I could blink or snap a finger and all would be all better. My honey isnt here and finances wont allow him to be here for a minute but how I wish I could disappear in the protection of his huge, strong arms and be lulled into a deep sleep by his stern voice as it reassures me that everything is going to be okay....
Your healing Sweetie! One day at a time... Love, hugs and healing to you!! XO
I dont or didnt mean to sound ungrateful for what I have or what God has blessed me with thus far..

looking better

I have never commented on your posts before but your whole story about your leg surgery took my breath away. You poor thing. Thank you for your story....my heart goes out to you.
Thank u.. I appreciate al support its really a journey of which I had no idea I would be on... My leg is still open and having some swelling issues. I just keep my faith and believe everything is going to be okay

when it rains. it pours

Omw to my regular doc for what started out to be a regular appointment. . Until my nurse came and did my nutse came to do wound care. She pressed on it and this stuff came out.. along with alot of yellow fluid. It was scary. It looked ad though someone was squeezing a pimple... theres no pain, no smell, no discoloration. ... idk what the hell this is.. so im bringing it with me to the doc sp she can tell me...WHEN WILL ALL OF THIS GET BETTER?????????

Reality is such a B. My heart is broken. You know how you suspect something but a part of you doesnt want to believe it or accept it? Well I have seen it in writing and now I know that its true... how could I be so stupid to trust someone who only cared about rhe money! !!!????
hey sweetie, how u doing? I know you are feeling like you have cold water in the face right now!
omg... what happened? What's going on over there now?

Questions

My nurse said shes very happy at the way my leg is healing. But... she sees the 2 smaller holes are starting to close at the mouth without closing completely on the inside. . Sigh. How do we fix that? Also I have developed a lump on my good leg that looks like a golf ball ( on the incision line) it goes down at times and at others it swells. Looks like fluid ... I massage it and thats when I notice the reduction in size.. going to ask my pcp on tuesday... sigh

Dammit. Honey, no use worrying until you get a qualified opinion. Hang in there!
Thanks sweetie. .. I swear this has to mean something good is on the way... because all of this stuff happening sure is trying to shake my faith. But I wont let it
Yep listen to Red!! Praying for u girl!! XO

Another test

Just got back home from my appointment with my pcp. She looked at the lump and said shes almost sure its fluid but that it goes deep into my leg. So she is scheduling an ultrasound to confirm. It is a result of surgery.. (not going to go there. . Side eye). If it turns out to be a cyst then it will be removed. That doesn't bother or scare me.. it actually pisses me off.. because its like damn did you do anything right.. ( directed at the PS). Oh well... I know that God is watching and I know I will be just fine. .. just a little annoyed right now

Just got the call.. headed to the ultrasound appointment in 45 minutes..
keep us posted!
Dammit. I'm so pissed for you! And it just breaks my heart that you keep having to find out and deal with things that should never have happened in the first place. When do you get the ultrasound? Hugs, girlie. Big hugs.

Results

Its a cyst. .. fluid filled cyst.. waiting to hear from doc to see whats next.. still in radiologist office to have him finish reviewing films

I'm just curious as I'm researching surgeons....was your ps board certified?

What's next.......

Well just found out that I will be having a procedure to remove the cyst because it cannot be drained with a needle. So, I am waiting for the authorization for the surgeon * one that I know very well* and then go from there.....

Girl that SUCKS you have to go through another surgery!
So sorry, did they say the cyst was due to surgery?
According to what im being told, its a common complication

Another day

Had a rather rough night last night. Seems like my left leg got jealous for a minute that attention was being given to the right and dwcided to hurt like crazy. Mwanwhile every time I grazed my right leg with anything the lump screamed TENDER!!! So I said F it .. took a pain pill and drifted off to sleep at 3am... only to wake up at 5...Go figure the logic in that. Decidedto take a shower

Another day... continued

( why in the hell did it post when I wasn't done )

Anyway, went to take a shower and heard my daughter screaming, theres a dead cat in the garage... not our cat... how did it get in there? Why was it in there...? I let my son deal with that. . Went to bandage my leg and realized I only have 1 pack of gauze left.. This is after daily phone calls to the supply company telling them to give me my damn supplies. ... the insurance covers them. Why dont I have them... I hate unneeded stress like this... all of this and its just not 9am.. Think I will go back to bed and start over... THIS SUCKS...

Have an appointment with my general surgeon on Tuesday at 1:15pm.. cant wait to get the date for surgery to get this over with!!!!!!
Hopefully they'll get you in right away and get this crap taken care of once and for all! Damn, girlie... you've been through WAY too much. This is just crazy. :( Hugs!!!
This doc is awesome. He took out my gall bladder a few years back. His staff is pretty good at getting you into surgery. . Im praying

Couldn't believe my eyes

Took the bandages off this morning and saw this... it looks like its almost healed. The wound care specialist sent me some skintegrity, and a couple other products ( dont have them infront of me right now) Silver something, and a type of gauze to cover it... well it made a world of difference literally overnight. Well yall judge for your selves.

Wow looks so much better sweetie! Keep us posted !
I am sure they will and most likely even clean it up a bit if needed...
that is awesome news that you have an appointment with a doc you trust! Keep us posted, and prayers for not too much pain or discomfort

Today is a good day

Looks better and better. Thank you Lord

let us know how your cyst removal goes!
That creme works wonders! Yay for healing!
Yes it does! !

the stuff that has helped heal my wounds

I sure will.. Tomorrow is the appointment to schedule the surgery so I will post when the date when I get back home.. thanks for all the prayers and concerns!

Confused....

One thing I don't understand is I have very minimal amounts of pain when my wounds are being cleaned however, later in the day, usually in the evening, my wound "burns" and throbs. It bothered me so much I ended up taking a pain pill . I thought I was past all of this by now. Guess not. I have, however, gone from popping pain pills every 3 hours to just 2x a day. I guess that is an improvement. Just wish I didnt have to take them at all!

Went great at the appointment. .. will have a date by end of this week. . Was really good seeing him again..
That's great! I hope it's asap! Miss you girlie!
Miss u too. Sending u major hugs and love

Mattress

Never thought I would have a hospital bed in my home. Always thought the people that had those were basically on deaths door. Well... I have been sitting, sleeping, and basically spending most of my time in one for the past 2 months. Complained to insurance company that the springs were starting to irritate my but and make it sore.. no matter if I get up and move around. So I have been really on my insurance company when I noticed my skin peeling off... it wasn't broken just peeling. And wouldnt you know after 3 weeks I finally got approved for my air mattress but you know this wouldn't be right without issues (especially when it comes to me)... insurance company doesn't know when they can deliver it... something about the guy that knows how to install them is out on medical. ..... and whose problem is this??????? Im done

Forgot to add this one

This was taken December 27 the day my leg ruptured... please keep in mind this is one ace bandage wrapped around my leg. My leg was so heavy and swollen that I could not move it on my own someone had to lift it by my heel

Yayyyyyyyyy FINALLY!!!!

It is official. .. my middle hole on my leg is closed.. shut down.. sealed.... skin tight.. yep all of that... whew.. now waiting on the others to heal

Got the word that my surgery for the cyst has been approved. So now all I have to do is wait for the call from the surgeons office to schedule the date
*doing happy dance* holes 2 and 3 are now closed!!!!!!!! Come on big boy you can do it... the saying states saving the best for last. . So come number 1 hole.I am cocounting on you!!!
this is such good news! you have been through so many unexpected challenges. glad to see your on the upside. ((((hugs))))

Happy happy amd happy

Well look at this !!!

Looks so much better :)
Those are looking awesome Renata!

Surgery

March 3 @ 9:30am have to arrive at 7:30am. No more cysts

I know you can't wait to get this all behind you, so glad you got your date, and it's not too far off!!!
I am literally counting the days!!!!!
What a relief! Finally, huh? That light at the end of the tunnel. At least you can see it now and know you'll be healed. I think your surgery date is when my hubby will be going home. Sorry I've been so out of touch. This surgery business is no joke.

I did it...

My nurse started coming every other day now.. I have one hole left open that needs to be packed. Yay me.. but I can't begin to tell you how scared I was when I went to shower and realized that I would have to pack it myself. Because the nurse was here on friday and wont be back until monday. Sigh... that is something I would never wish on anyone... I am sure doing to someone else is one thing but having to do it on yourself.... MAN!!! My brain is ALL over the place.. This really F**cks with me big time.... *sorry*.... When I had this surgery I had NO idea I would have to made to do anything like this.. How did all of this happen??? How did it turn into all of this???? What is it that I could have done to not have it go this way???? My head hurts... my feelings are all over the place. I am going to bed... I am emotionally screwed!!!!!!!!!!!

Renata my sweet friend I see a quick and speedy recovery in your future! I'm so glad you got your surgery date and I know you are going to recover very quickly! You have gone through a lot but now you are at the top of those mountains coming down!! Btw you are looking great!!!

Feelings for today...

This process has changed me. It has changed my mind and the way I think. It leaves me to wonder ALL the time about things that honestly don't need concern. I cannot expect everyone to understand how I feel as I go through all of this bullshit. It is a battle that I signed up for without knowing or reading the fine print, I got blindsided. This entire ordeal has left me emotionally and physically undone..... In constant need of reassurance, that all is okay, everything is fine. I have become a nuisance to some regard. A thorn in the paw of the lion. This is so not me.. I know I will get back to who I once was.... I believe that with all my heart. I just ask your continued patience with me as I struggle through the muck and mire of what is become my life... for now.

I didn't know that two of your holes finally closed up! That's great news!
Yea I am totally excited about it... Still in pain from the larger one that seems like it wants to get bigger and deeper.... Sigh
Thanks Mandy... I am bruised and worn down.. but I think you are right.. I made it to the top...

Its going to be a good day...

Nurse just left after leaving me the entire weekend to care for my wounds myself... well low and behold, took off the bandages and couldn't believe what we saw... Only thing left to close of the large hole is an opening the size of the tip of a Qtip... *nodding head* yeaaa its gonna be a good day!!

Oh.. dear Renata. Girlie, I'm so sorry I've been so wrapped up in my own world of pain and meds and just the effort it takes to simply go to the bathroom. Worries of infection and strange folds.. so wrapped up on this that I haven't checked on my friends for days. I'm so sorry for everything you've had to endure-far, far above and beyond anything anyone would imagine they were signing up for. It's tragic what has happened to you and I hope and pray this last surgery will mark the end of pain and complications and the beginning of total, quick and painless healing. I'm sorry I haven't been here for you as promised ;( It's almost over finally. Hugs and more hugs.
Love you girl!! Please do not apologize for anything. You guys ALL have been right here for me.. and I appreciate it wholeheartedly . I can hardly wait for this week to be over... which would mean Monday, surgery day, is next.
So happy for you sweetie on the last hole closing - i KNOW it has been such a hard road for you - and I know it is an emotional head-trip to go though everything you have been though! XOXO

Today...

The left *bad* leg is almost pain free. However, the right one, *one with the cysts*, hurts like hell... especially when I walk. Feels like my skin is being pulled, stretched and burns If my clothing , the cat or anything rubs or even grazes it I scream!!
HURRY UP MARCH 3rd!!! Please!!!

Pre Op

Just got the call that my pre op appointment is tomorrow at 8:45am.. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New decision

While at my appointment today for my pre op the nurse said, "You know, it might be a good idea if they kept you overnight just to watch you and make sure all is okay given your history".... So she picked up the phone and called the doctor... Doctor agreed and now.... I am staying overnight for my surgery on monday. It takes alot off of my mind! Sooooooo labs all done and I am READY!!!!

Wow, you are one though cookie. You have been through hell and back. I just underwent a mommy makeover and thought that it was hard. But once I read your story my recovery seems like a walk in the park. GOD is and always will be looking after you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope all goes well on Monday and that this is the last stone on the road. I was contemplating on getting a thigh lift in a year or 2. But after reading your journey I think I'm just going to hit the Gym for life. I wish you the best !!!
Oh no.. Hopez.... the LAST thing I wanted to do by telling my story was to discourage anyone from their dream or desire... Ask anyone here that knows me * which all of them do...* We communicate on a personal level and they can tell u that this was NOT my intent... to have anyone look at what I been through and become discouraged... I am truly sorry... please forgive me
Oh no, no need to apologize. I am so glad that I read your review. It opened my eyes to the real risks out there. In my eyes this surgery was not as complicated as a tummy tuck or a breast lift with implants. When in reality it is. I'm not discouraged but have become more educated on the subject and will do more research as well as try harder this summer to get my thighs in shape and hopefully I will end up satisfied and will not need the lift.

Two things....

Well, let me start by saying, hole number 1 is CLOSED... !!!!!! Yes you read that correctly!! I have no more "foreign orifices". LOL.. Still having pain and the feeling of a rush of warm fluid on the side of my knee when I stand.. IDK what that is... *shrug*.... Honestly I didn't know this day would ever get here.. After peering deep inside of your own body , it's hard to phantom it could ever really CLOSE. Second, I am getting ready to go into the hospital in the morning to have the cysts removed. WOW!!! My final step in the healing process.. *clapping hands* This makes me so happy. YES I SAID HAVING THIS SURGERY MAKES ME HAPPY!!!.. Not for any sadistic reasons but to move on with my life. To heal mentally and physically FINALLY!!! These past 3 months have been HELL to say the least. I will stay overnight and be released on Tuesday. I had to do the take a shower, scrub your entire body with one pack of wipes ... wait.... and scrub the surgical area for 3 minutes... put on clean pajamas, no lotion, no deodorant, and go to bed LOL But make sure you put on clean clothes to come to the hospital LOL I swear, the things they tell you just don't make sense. LOL
Okay, well I am going to get a snack * no more eating or drinking after midnight* and relax with a movie.
Will update tomorrow after I get to my room!!! Night folks!

Finally my pain is some what under control.Dilauded, morphine, neuranton, or anything worked. Finally I said, justr y me be and get all of this out of my system then give me my Percs. Low and behold the pain is tolerable. Drainis being emptied every 8 hours and its full. Not to bad I guess. Okay im getting sleepy. Goodnight my ftiends. Love yall
Hope everything went well today. The sun will shine from here on ;-)
Yes all is over. Thank God..

No more cysts

Yes Indeed

wow sweetie i cannot BELIEVE how large those cysts were and how buried??? hope you are feeling OK ....and by that i mean sufficiently drugged and pain free! XOXOXO
So, so happy for you! I'm glad you stayed overnight. Between getting pain control and that drain, best decision!

This is it

Surgery is done and I am home recouping. All went fine. Never have I met such a wonderful surgeon. I found out that I haf to be put under general and with all that has happened to me I got scared and started to cry. Dr. Bechtel came to me, hugged me and said... if I give u a cocktail of meds I would have to give you too much so that you wouldn't feel anything and you would have issues waking up. Whereas if I give you general once the gas is gone you are awake. I hwve to do what is safest for you. I promise to take care of you during surgery and after.

So all went well. Nothing like my PS said it would. Smh. The cysts were huge and according to my surgeon were a direct complication of the surgery. I have 12 stitches, I think. I hwve to ho to his office on the 11th for followup, stitches removal and to pull the drain.
What made this so much cooler was the surgeon that assisted Dr. Bechtel was the same one that placed my IVC filter. He rememberd me because of my many complications and poor treatment. Oh well, God always gives us rainbows out of every dark cloud. Thank you God, Dr. Bechtel, Dr Fu, and all that helped me throughout this last surgery.
Time to heal... oh u can see how high the drain is placed.... thats because thats how deep the cysts were...

So relieved to hear the news, praying for a fast recovery this time and a fresh start to your new lovely legs...here's to 2014 only getting better from here on out!!!
Thank you sooo much!!! I am hurting but I know with each minute that passes I am closer to being COMPLETELY HEALED

I have a question.... can someone help me???

I have submitted a question asking if someone who has had a previous history of PE pulmonary emboli could ever get a tattoo again.... but never got a reply... also, my surgeon that removed the cysts said that basically what he removed was a liquified hematoma... can someone put that in simple english..?? is it a blood clot?? a bruise?? and how did the surgery cause it * he said it did*

Hope your doing ok sweetness!! Still praying for you and think about you everyday! XXOO
Omg. This sounds horrible. I'm so glad you stayed so strong through all of it ! With all the complications did your health insurance cover any of it ? I myself want to do a thigh lift in the next couple months but I am also doing my tummy and boobs I'm just trying yo figure out if I should do it together or separate ! Than I read all the horror stories, complications etc... Do you regret doing it ?
Honestly sometimes I do.. This has been a very emotional ordeal for me. Here it is almost 4 months and my left leg has reopened and I still have stitches from the cysts removal. Maybe if I had had a little more support from ny doctor my thoughts would be different

My battle continues

Left leg hole number1 re opened and looks like the 2nd one wants to as well...
Sigh

It doesn't look bad just open, don't fret on it...it will heal in it's own time....I think worrying can make things worse, no stressing allowed!!!
Dee I think you are right.. However, I am doing all I can not to fret.. with all that has happened makes me think I should have been more cautious before hand...:-(
Dammit, girlie. I sure HOPE that other hole doesn't open up as well. This gets pretty depressing, no? I can't even imagine how you feel. I peeled off my garment this morning to pee and saw a scab had pulled right off the right side where a drain had been that hasn't looked healed the whole time. That depressed me. I know that sucker can't heal with minimal scarring when that crap happens. Can't even picture what a mess I'd be with your issues. Hang in there. Did you get any reply yet about tattoos and a history of a PE? Love you, girlie.

What next

Looked down to find my bandage from my cysts removal bandanged soaked in blood... called my nurse.. she didnt answer her phone nor a text.. so I called their 24hr number. I was told to add dressing to it and it will be okay.. I know I am known to over react but this leg has never drained or been wet from the surgery.. now look at it....

Darling, I hope you are doing much better. You've gone through so much and it truly aches me to know that many are suffering from complications. Please inbox me if you can just to let me know how you are doing. I'm sending positive energies your way.
My daughter has had a clotting issue since 12. She has all four factors that contribute to clotting. The Filter you have is not even an option for her as she continually throws clots. After 13 years and hundreds of doctors at tons of hospitals it is the constant consensus that she can NEVER get a tattoo, piercing OR surgery willfully. For the exact reason of all the things you have suffered from. As you can tell from your HORRIFIC experiences the healing process is almost impossible and complex. I wish you the very best as my heart goes out to ANYONE struggling with an ongoing medical condition.
I hope things get better for you soon

My feelings.....

Haven't been on here in a while. Have had alot of things on my mind. Doing my best at remaining positive and looking forward to when all of the pain, disappointment, hurt, psychological turmoil, bandage changes, probing into the depths of my thigh, clenching of my teeth when the qtip hits an area that is raw on the inside, the hopeless look on my daughters face as tears stream down my face because she cant help me as the nurse does her thing, comes to an end. Searching for the little hope as I ask, " can you see inside?? is there any difference? is is getting smaller?" Only to be let down when the doctor gives me my return to work slip that is dated a month from the day of your visit.
Sometimes I think something is wrong with me. I mean, shouldn't there be? I think I am okay and doing well only to be in the middle of a conversation as to what happened and I lose it.. I break down. That's when reality hits and I realize I don't have it all together.
Missing my honey sooooo much til it hurts but at the same time I don't want to see him.... Even though he accepts and loves me for ME... My battle is within myself. I feel ugly... unattractive, like a failure... He has done his level best to make me know that he knows the battle I have been through to get to this point and he thinks I am beautiful no matter what, and that he loves me. I am so fortunate. Fortunate to have a guy like him... and to have friends like I do. So, I smile while they are looking. Allowing the glue from the tears to hold me together, just a little longer.... GOD help me and bless those that love me.

I hope you are doing better. I know it is hard but you must continue to stay strong !! One day you are going to look back and you are going to be glad that you did it. (((big warm hugs)))

No fun...

this entire situation has been one horrible thing after another.. went to see my reg doc yesterday and she wouldn't let me leave without putting me on antidepressants. Lexapro is the drug of her choice.. Oh great... Also, told me to take Zinc.... she's concerned about my left legs lympathic system....
I am at the point where I am concerned but I am completely giving this over to GOD. I almost lost my life from all of the complications so I refuse to allow this to cause me to lose my rational.

Here ya go GOD... fix it... please.

I have no idea what to say to comfort you or to make you feel better. But I do know that God loves you and has a bright bright future for you. You are lovely, beautiful, unique…there is no other Renata H. like you in the entire world! I don't know why this happened to you, and perhaps you may never know. But take comfort that you have loved ones around you, a roof over your head, fresh clean water to drink, and access to good health care…and that you DIDN'T lose your life over this. Praise God. I know you know there is a time for everything Ecclesiastes says~a time to plant, a time to uproot, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn a time to dance, etc. Whatever season this is for you…however long….you are only responsible for one thing: and that is how you respond to it. I can hear your heart and anguish in your posts and I am so so sorry. My heart hurts for you…it truly does. Cry all that you need to, but know that you are infinitely loved. "Though the sorrow may last for the night…joy comes in the morning"…..I don't know how long your "night" may be…but know that I am praying for renewed strength for you…and grace as you continue to walk through this xxoo
*tears* thank u so much... AMEN!!!!!!!! I receive this!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well girl. Dammit. I guess the good thing is this is situational depression do you can get off the meds in time. This has been a never-ending nightmare for you toots. I'm so very sorry for all the pain and complications and infections... You name it. ;( Your spirit is amazing and always is and will be. I love you.

leg deformed

Doc says my leg will be like this for the rest of my life....

Renata... I'm crying!!! I'm a terrible friend. Where have I been for the last few months???? This pregnancy has been crazy and I'm out of touch. I love you girl! Your smile and bright heart has kept everyone's spirits up even with all you've had to deal with!!! You are a special person and you have been through a lot. Just think of that handsome man that helps you in these times and those beautiful children and grandchildren that brighten your days... Love you sunshine!!!
Love you too manda... you are not a terrible friend. You have your own things you are going through. I don't expect anyone to put their life on hold just becuz I was dealt this hand right now. There are times that I honestly want to just cry my eyes out. I wish I would have known then what I know now. Oh well.... coulda shoulda woulda... *sigh*.... Just please pray for me... matter of fact... anyone reading this.... if you are a believer that GOD answers prayers.. I am asking... begging for prayer. My main focus is to somehow get caught up on my rent .... and put groceries in the house. Everything else is minor. I know my request is not too hard for GOD... so.. with a humble heart and a weary mind I ask for prayer... Thank you.. GOD bless

The last word.....

Here it is almost 5 months since surgery, the initial surgery, and instead of getting back into the normalcy of my life I am facing yet another issue. Come this Monday I will be going to a wound care center. I honestly don't know how to feel about that. I am past being mad, disappointed, and hurt. I think I am just numb. I told my honey, I just want this all to be over with... feels like I have been on the front lines without any relief. Even the best of soldiers gets tired. I should be back at work, and being able to pay my bills. Instead the reality of eviction is becoming more and more real. Wish there was a clause in the pre op paperwork that said, " having this surgery could lead you disfigured, mentally screwed, and potentially homeless...." I wouldn't have signed up .
I know things happen for a reason. Lord knows I trust HIS purpose.... there's something someone, some where, is supposed to learn from the experience I had. Who knows... maybe the one that needs to learn the lesson is me... I am NOT in control of my life. God is the decider of my fate. So here I sit... antidepressants on board, mentally and physically scarred and doing my best to learn about this new illness I have been diagnosed with as a result of this god forsaken MUTHA FUCCIN surgery, Lymphodema..... yep... my left leg has RE OPENED... again. Doctors are saying the reason, they believe, that it keeps re opening is because of the lymphodema. The reason this has come about is, from what I was told, is because my leg suffered trauma to the tissue. What the hell really went on in that operating room????? Humm... guess me being "fat" has nothing to do with it as my PS suggested. *side eye*
One final thing.... As twisted as this may sound, I would like to thank my PS for being the non attentive, could care less if I lived or died, surgeon that he is... * in my own opinion*. This journey has taught me alot. It has shed a huge light on not to take anything for granted, not even you next breath. It has showed me that bad things happen to good people even though there wasn't anything they did to cause it. There are just some folks out there that don't care.... not to the degree you would expect them to when in this profession.
If you or your loved ones is looking to have any surgery please... PLEASE take this advice from me.
Find someone that has a wonderful bed side manner as well as being a master in his craft.
Also, just because your insurance refers you to someone does not mean you are safe in thinking, Oh hes been checked out and they wouldn't refer him to me if he wasn't "okay"... Yea uh huh... so not the case.
I have no idea just how long this situation will go on but I rest in knowing that GOD will vindicate me and grant me the last word....
( the bible says, touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm . Psalm 105:15. I am sure enough, one of HIS anointed..)

Does it end for you ever? I am so very sorry honey!
thank you sweetie... it sure doesn't feel like it
Two times I have tried to post and lost it. Maybe I should not. All I was going to say is very similar to others' posts. Bad things do happen to good people and sometimes all at the same time, among many horrible experiences which were all simultaneous the one that comes to mind right this minute is my husband's death, my baby's molestation and my mother's Cancer. It is at these times one gets closer to God, our faith grows as we know we have no control of what is happening no matter what we do, and if one clings to Him/Her, life changes to unbelievably good heights and paths never before thought about open, and then, after the years, one will looks back reflecting why one went through what one did, although now it makes no sense whatsoever. Pray more, thank God for the clot not having been on your head, that with difficulty you can still walk, still got your legs to carry you thank him for family that feel pain for you and love you, thank him for having the ability to use hospitals and medical help that help you in the aftermath of your horrible experience to start to heal. Meditate, do breathing exercises, try not to fixate on what is happening, this is very hard took me years of prozac, but once I decided I did not want to be on antidepressants which have side effects and create another problem, I went off them slowly replacing them with all this New Agey stuff which I thought at first absurd but that it works.... visualize good things in your life, at night try to think of your leg and see it in your mind's eye as healed, see yourself going through your day happy and healthy in your home and your job. Pray for God to see how much you rely on His/Her provisions. I know you think that I am not going through your journey, I am not, but trust me, these techniques work and Yoga breathing techniques, pranayama have helped me sleep and take control of situation, the oxygen clears your brain. No Mumbo Yumbo here, all these things are teachings passed on and do not interfere with the teachings of Christianity, to trust in the Father and the Son and rely on His/Her loving guidance and intervention. I am totally convinced that the doctor's teaching will be a harsh one. He might be in a similar situation as you are and someone will show him the disdain which hurt you so bad from him. God will do justice. All here that read what you have shared in your path hurt when we see what you went through and am sure pray for your total emotional, spiritual and physical recovery and I am sending you a warm embrace and lots of love and hope that you can take a breath, close your eyes for one second and hand it over to God and release whatever negative feelings are progressively hurting (justly) your life so you can have the beautiful, brighter future you deserve. You are a beautiful being of life and are loved just the way you are. Blessings and Love sent your way..... Gina la Cubana from Santa Cruz, California

I am beyond pissed.....

Thank you PS... thank you so very much.. just got word today that I have to have yet another surgery on my left leg. The vessels/veins/valves are damaged due to the extreme swelling that took place when the drain was pulled too soon and I bled out into my leg and it ruptured. So, a host of appointments, bandage changes * yes it is opened again* pain from yet another incision.... How tickled am I to receive such a fabulous gift as this?????? *side eye* When will all of these issues end????????? Damn... what in the hell did you do to me?????? Never mind.. you wont answer that... becuz you could care less!!

I can't tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you, I have tears rolling down my face as I read this. You have such a beautiful smile and are clearly a nice and decent person and this is all so unfair!! How dare your PS blame your weight! If it felt it was unsafe why didn't he refuse to do the sx and not take your money. That has to be the ultimate unfairness, he gained from your misery. I have had some hard times medically and I know what this does to your mind as well as your body. Is there anyone, a professional, you could talk to about this? I really hope, pray, that you have nothing worse than a cold for the rest of your life. I feel so awful for your family too, I was sad for your poor daughter not being able to help her beloved Mom. I am amazed at what I have read, I would love to know what your PS thinks of this. So glad you are still around, this too will pass and I pray that day comes quickly. Big hugs to you. I've never felt so moved by the story of a stranger before.
Thank you AllieGB. All I can say is GOD must have something for me to do with what has happened to me. I dont know what that is yet, but I am sure I will find out. When I think I am handling things well and everything is going good I find myself crying. I don't like having to be made to take antidepressants. It's like chemically making my body act right. So unnatural, you know? Thank you for the compliment you are more than kind. I have been talking to my PCP about all that is going on. She is more than upset. Tomorrow is my appointment with the wound care center , again. This appointment will get me to have the ultrasound and schedule the appointment with the vascular surgeon. *sigh* CALGON!!! TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!! Oh... btw.. I have asked the PS if he thought my weight was an issue why did he do my tummy tuck 60 pounds heavier the year before as well as this surgery.. He didn't respond. I am not worried any more. GOD is completely in control.. This is a battle I cant handle on my own.
I read your entire story and I am so sorry this has happened to you! It is pretty scary going in and trusting someone who did a fab job previously. I think the communication broke down from PS to ER doc and he should have come to see you and his work and fixed the issue. So so sorry this happened. I had seen his work on women previously and I think this has cut him out of my list of docs I want a consult on. Again thank you so much stay strong and there are blessings you got this!

Revelation

Wound center appointment was yesterday. Met with the wound care specialist/surgeon. She is sending me out to see a Vascular surgeon. Her exact words were...... I think there were vessels, veins, and valves that were taken out of your leg.... which is causing your problem. You need to have an ultrasound to see if you have any veins, *which i am thinking you don't* and just how bad the damage is. Once this is done veins and vessels and valves are either from donors, or synthetic ones. *deep sigh*
Today, while talking to a nurse it suddenly hit me..... Moments after surgery my thigh started to bleed rather badly.... a hematoma formed. If infact the veins and all were removed or compromised that would explain why the hematoma formed *because they bled and pooled and formed the hematoma* which led to a host of other issues.
I don't know how to feel. I found out the hematoma could have ruptured and killed me. I know I can't or wont focus on what if's but it sure doesn't make stuff any better.
My heart is so broken. I didn't do anything to this man... Someone told me, "did you do something to him to make him angry??? becuz he sure acts like he was mad at you.....
I can't begin to tell you the emotions I have running through my mind.
All I can say is THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!! I cannot say it enough....
smh...

Wow, I am just sick over this, I just returned and started catching up, this is so unbelievable, you need to request your records and start some sort legal action, this is just crazy. He certainly was in way over his head made a series of bad mistakes rather than seeking help from others more capable. You are strong, and you will get though this, I can't even begin to understand your pain. My prayers are with you my friend....
D.... I miss you!! :-(
why in the world would he take out vessels veins and valves? this new information blows my mind! i just dont get it...smh

Had to come to this....

I would like to say thank you to my PS... because of all of the issues I have been and still going through I have been out of work which lead to issues with my rent. So, today what did I get???? Hummm funny you should ask... A SUMMONS!! AN EVICTION!

Contd

Let me continue..... Please don't think that I have no paid anything nor did I expect them to just wait... but it kinda adds insult to injury ALL PUN INTENDED..... So thank you so much! What do I do from here??? oh I know... CONTINUE TO TRUST GOD.Because its all that I have left! Bastard!

Omg! I'm so sorry to read this. I hope there is a turn around soon for you!!!
I am so sorry you have been thru so much! I've said a prayer for your healing....((hugs))

Feeling kinda weird

Woke up this morning with a section of my left leg feeling hard. When I walk the hardness was obvious. Almost like it was sticking out. IDK what else to do for it... I sleep with my leg propped up and I try not to be on it more than what I should be.. * I do try to have a life despite all of this* Oh well... May 15 is the appointment with my vascular surgeon. Getting closer to having all of this DONE and over with!

Thank you... It's been a very long battle that isn't over yet

When it rains....

While checking my bank account I noticed there was a deposit of 45.00 from my employer. . I have been out on medical leave since October/November so I didn't know why they would be making a deposit. I called to find out. We'll seems as though I have been let go... without any word . I have been fired from being out too long. Isn't that just great

OMG! That is so sorry!!!
Omgosh...that means your insurance goes too? I am so sorry that something positive and happy to improve your quality of life has turned into your worst nightmare. I pray for you daily
I think I am going to stop posting .... being as though seems like only negative things have happened... This is just so frustrating. So basically, this surgery has left me homeless and out of work... way to go PS... thanks ALOT.... *sarcasm*

Scared... Paranoid..... concerned....

How in the hell can a person be afraid to resume taking baths? Well I am. I was told for so long not to submerge in a tub that now even though the holes are closed I am still leery of getting in the tub like I used to. I find myself constantly checking my leg... examining it with precision to make sure I don't see any sign of reopening. I try to pretend like the heaviness I feel when I stand up, or the "wet" feeling I have isn't there. There is an uncomfortable tightness I have in my leg that has no problem in reminding me who the hell is running this show, and I give in to pain meds. Here it is almost 6 months post op and I am still popping pain killers. Then I ask myself.... it is really pain that I am feeling or is it that I am so accustomed to taking them as not to feel the pain that I have become "addicted"...? WOW... SMH... No... I know that's not the reason. I DO have pain and my feelings are real. Just some of the random shit that my brain goes through. May 27th is the ultrasound appointment which will take 3 hours. Guess I will know the extent of everything after that. Then to prepare myself for yet another surgery.. *sigh* Now that is what truly scares me.. I mean, I now know that when having surgery on the legs there is a very high risk for blood clots .. thank GOD for the IVC filter but damn... really? Well, I guess I will take my grandmother's advice .... "Let tomorrow worry about itself".... in the meantime I will do my best to stay positive and keep a level head....

You should sue this Dr. Steven Williams. He needs to be held accountable, and he should not be able to do this to anyone else! I am so sorry for all you have been thorough. It make me so mad.
This is a horrific story, and I cannot tell you how sorry I am that this happened. Dr. Steven Williams should be held accountable in a court of law, and should not be able to do this to anyone else!!! Have you thought about suing??? You are broke because of him, and he should pay...
I have so much on my mind until I really don't know what to think of any more. Yes, I am literally broke and technically homeless... and yes, he is responsible for it.

I knew it was too good to be true..

Yep I guess you can figure what I am about to say... Looks like my paranoia was warranted.. Looked down as I so often do throughout the day and realized my leg has reopened... Yep... Isn't that just F***ING wonderful.....

You have been thru so much and my heart breaks for you! I do want to thank you for posting your experience with this surgeon. I'm sure it has helped many who may have been thinking of using him. Has he tried to reach out to help you in any way?? Keep putting your faith in God honey. I pray it will work out for you ((hugs))
First let me say thank you so much and second. I have not heard anything from him except in January when he basically chastised me saying... I didn't abandon you... I came here on my day off to repair your leg didn't I? And then later in the month when he said the reason I was having issues healing was because I was fat.... God is watching and I knowit's all going to be okay... One day
Omg. Are you fucking kidding me?! Sorry for the language there but this is ridiculous. This guy has to be made accountable for all the hell he's putting you thru. Hopefully all the answers will be had with your ultrasound appointment and follow-up surgery. Then you really need to concentrate on bringing this guy to justice. I just can't believe he's out there practicing medicine, performing surgeries he apparently should never attempt. I'm so sorry. Love you!!

open...

open... take 2

Let's try this

pics didn't upload

Open and u can see how the veins are "running to the rescue " where there aren't any

Pics didnt upload

Trying this now...

Why wont pics upload

Praying...

Trying to get pics to upload

Trying

Oh no, I'm so sorry! What an unfair thing to happen after everything else. I hope people read this and avoid your surgeon like the plague. He deserves nothing more. Praying for you. Xxx

Finally

Finally got the pics to upload...

I saw that you had updated and was hopeful for you...and now my heart breaks. Is there any recourse towards the surgeon??? I'm so sorry :-(
Honestly idk .... I am so focused on getting past this healing part that I have put that to the side...

No choice

I so hate the position I am in right now... I have asked churches, police departments, fire departments and any and all agencies I could possibly think of to help me but everyone has a reason as to why they can't. I guess I understand . However I dont know what else to do. This is so embarrassing. This surgery has left me to BEG. ... SMH.. How much more humiliation can a person go through. I have to go to court on June 3 for the eviction.... The judge is going to tell me to "get out".... I don't get any funds until the 13th.... I am afraid... I have never been so afraid. I found a house but they want 2500 to move in....and honestly I wont have any of it until the 13th.... so where am I going to go for those 2 weeks??? This is so upsetting to me. I made a page on Gofundme.com just to see if I can raise funds to help. I dont like doing stuff like that.. Never have done it before... Man, this is so disheartening. IDK if its okay for me to even post the link here... but will being as though I am literally grasping at straws.... I feel so pathetic. 49 years old and begging for help for a place to live.. I am sure my PS isn't having issues with where he is going to sleep..... This is depressing me... i will close now... to any and all of you... if you can help.. thank you.. if you cant.. i understand.... love you all..

I'm sorry...

Please forgive me. It was not my intent to insult anyone by putting up the link. I just honestly didn't know what else to do. Please forgive me. If there was a way I could delete it I would... Once again, I say, I am sorry

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

It just gets better and better *sarcasim*

Went for my ultrasound today and found out that my saphenous vein has been removed and my artery that goes down my thigh abruptly stops mid thigh. Ironically, right where I had the hematoma. Hummm... isn't that interesting..? Oh, and I have a cyst that needs to be removed. I am SOOO done..

your Great Saphenous Vein has been removed?!?! are you freaking KIDDING me? This is the one they are supposed to AVOID during these procedures. My surgeon mentioned it to me in context of the liposuction..."avoid the GSV"....something along those lines. Seriously? How could they have removed your largest vein?

Tired...

I am mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. How much more of this stuff must i go through? I noticed today that I have started losing my hair from all the stress. Then I found out one reason that could be playing a part in my healing is the stress... but it's like a vicious circle, the stress is from the issues and the issues is from the stress.. can someone stop this damn merry go round that I am on?? I don't want to play any more!!!!

OMG I am sooo sorry to hear what you're going through. Still. I am 1 month out from a lbl and have an issue of an area which is slow to close. Fingers crossed that it does close. My next surgery will be an inner thigh lift ... which I believe is what you had. Makes me a little apprensive to say the least. Praying for your FULL recovery.
thank you.. you guys are THE best...

The real deal

Went to see my PCP today and she had a copy of my venous ultrasound. She said that the circulation in my right leg is almost double what it is in my left. And that it wasn't my femoral artery that was severed it was my femoral vein, and that explains why I bled out during surgery and what caused the hematoma. My doctor said, " I don't understand why would he sever your femoral vein?? He should have been more careful. It makes no sense for him to have removed a portion of your saphenous vein as well... ". That I have something called reflux as well and the way to repair what I have going on is with grafting of donor or synthetic veins but the risk for complications is extremely high so basically there's nothing that can be done for me."
I couldn't do anything but sit there and despite how much I tried, I just burst into tears. She doubled the dosage of my antidepressants and added Gabapentin because she doesn't want me to become addicted to the pain meds. I am so paranoid of becoming addicted to the pain meds, Lord I don't want that to happen.. but what do you do when you are hurting????? God please help me. This is just so distressing. I do not understand why this has happened to me. What is it that has caused this man to take his frustrations out on me?? It's evident that he just didn't care . I have to keep a level head because this is a matter that GOD is in control of and through HIS direction and guidance I will take the path HE wants me to take and I will be SUCCESSFUL. The bible says, touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm..... and he really did harm to me in this situation. I am claiming the victory now, in Jesus name. Please pray with me...

I need help...

I can't remember which one of my friends on here had a procedure called abrasion .. but whoever it was can you get in touch please. ...

Darlin' keep you chin up, your faith strong and concentrate on anything positive that gives you strength. You are in my prayers. ((hugs))
I know I say this all the time.... but thank you.. you guys all have been so supportive of me even when I sit here and whine about the situation. I really don't mean to sound like a cry baby... Just gets overwhelming sometimes. I am so thankful to have such supportive people around me. You guys really do help me keep going just a little more each day
...Sorry Renata! It's called 'Paresthesia'! My ipad autocorrected and when I clicked the 'back' button, I accidentally pressed 'post comment'! Lol! Ok....so that's something you could google. It's a very weird and yucky feeling when you're living in a body that's changed faster than you've had time to catch up to. What a spinning crazy feeling you must feel at times. I know it, it's scary and the sadness and grief is often (well, for me, felt like always...) overwhelming. I never asked for the pain. My pain like yours was because someone else did things, and didn't do other things to protect me. I'm half way to recovery- I have better days and some yucky days. What helped me was to have a plan. (It took ages to find the strength, but when I did find it through the healing process...and with time...that's what helped)....lean on people who can be your legs during this healing time. We are all around you. You can do this. The victory will come from your heart and your faith and family will see you through it xxx Lydia xxx

Frustrated... then again.. what's new..?

Finally the holes have closed. However, the compression stockings aren't helping the heavy feeling and the pain in my leg. To think that I have to have surgery in not only one leg but BOTH.... The femoral vein * not the femoral artery* and the saphenous vein was damaged and cut away in the left leg and damaged in the right. Soooooooo... who knows how long THIS time will take to heal. Isn't this just Fuccen gravy. How can it be OKAY for someone to do this to a person without ANY damn regard for how they are going to survive afterward???????? It's NOT right... Yes, I know LIFE isnt fair but he needs to PAY for his blatant disregard for a human being. I have lost my job, my ability to function without pain meds or anti depressants, the ability to provide food on my table, and even been served eviction papers. Does he know what it's like to have to ASK, BORROW, or BEG for the basic every day necessities????????? Especially when I didn't have to do that before! Oh maybe GOD is teaching you to be humble someone said..... to that I say..... No...I have ALWAYS been a humble person... so think again. Then people say... "well... you LOOK good". SMH... anyone can smile in the face of adversity.... and cry in the dark.
Then someone said... Be careful what you put on this site especially since he's a part of it.... it could be looked at as defamation of character.. Well. in order to defame someone you have to be saying something that IS NOT true. Clearly, you simple minded idiot, you can see that I have PROOF to substantiate what I say. All of these things DID happen.
I think I will quit now. I am getting upset. I pray.... no one goes through HALF of what I have gone through. Good day.

Renata, I am so sorry that you have had to go through all of this. I can't imagine the pain that your body, heart, soul and mind are enduring. It is an encouragement that you are clinging on to Christ during this time. I have learned that everything we go through is to bring glory to God. While our trials suck and are hard to endure at times, I think that we experience them so that we can help the next person going through something similar. Here is my prayer for you: Father, I lift up Renata to your right now. I don't know why it is that I stumbled on her journey or why she is going through this difficult time right now, but you do. I ask that she will continue to trust in and and rest in the assurance that you will take care of her. I pray that You will lead her to the best doctors to help her to recover from the original operation. I pray that that she will offer forgiveness to the original surgeon. I ask that she will have a calm and peace meeting with him to let him know where she is in the healing process and if he can provide any insight as to what happened. I pray that she will be able to make ends meet and provide for her family. I ask that you would lead her to possible work that she can do from home so that she can begin to bring in some income for her family. I pray that you will be with her family during this time. I ask they they will continue to support her and love on her during this time. I ask that you will free Renata from the depression that is setting in. We know that through you we can overcome all things. Father, please let Renata know that she IS loved, IS valued, and IS beautiful! I pray all of this in Jesus Christ name! Amen. I will be praying for you!
What a beautiful and very much received prayer. Thank you so much! I am believing all of these surgeries will soon be done and over with
Just curious, why is your go find me account dated two months before you even had your surgery? I think that May be one reason why no one is helping. It looks fishy, Hun. :-( can you change it?

Pain pain and more pain

These last couple of days have been days of total pain. I have done all I can to manage the pain but nothing is helping. It's times like this that cause me to drift back into my depressed mode. I honestly wonder what it will be like to be pain free? To be able to walk up a few stairs without feeling like my leg is going to explode... To have that section of my leg not be hard any more and to get the area that is numb back to feeling again. I had a dream that I was at the doctor and he said he was going to test me to see if I had feeling in my leg. He asked me to close my eyes... When I did he used a number of instruments to test to see if I felt it... I didn't. So he said he was going to try one more thing.... I closed my eyes again and I smelled something horrible *which is weird to be able to smell in a dream*.. When I opened my eyes I saw he had used a lit cigarette and I had several burn marks on my leg.. I screamed and said what did u do? He laughed and said.. well... I would say, you don't have any feeling in that area..... and i woke up....

*sigh*

This is soo heartbreaking! I pray for you!!! Is there anyway the doctor can be legally liable for neglect or malpractice? I'm sure based on the facts you have stated you are legally liable to receive compensation. Good Luck and God bless!
I appreciate your post. This has been a battle that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. And to think it's still not over. I would venture to think that there is something that could be done. I actually sat down and tried to wrap my mind around the fact that my leg literally burst open... that's unimaginable, yet it happened.

Host of emotions

Today is a day of reflection for me. It's almost 7 months now since my initial surgery. The pain has returned. I tell myself I don't need the pain meds and the pain reminds me YES I DO.
Someone asked me if I had a chance to come face to face with my PS what would I do? Would I go into a rant and beat the hell out of him? Would I just cry? What would I do.? I simply said I would ask him WHY? Why did he choose to be to so nonchalant when it came to my care? Why did I almost die and he didn't even tell me? Why was I so unimportant to him? Just WHY? I know that I am going to get passed all of the obstacles that his poor attention to proper care has caused. Sorry, for the rambling. I am hurting and frankly just tired......

Therapy

Today is a day that I thought would never end. Had to call my PCP again to ask her to please come up with something that will take this pain away. Norco10s have stopped working. Gabapentin doesn't do anything. I just don't understand what is it going to take to have 1 day of being pain free. Nah... not 1 day... I would be happy with a couple hours. She wants me to come in to see her in the morning. I will be there.
I know what I am going through is going to help someone some day .. some where.. But what I am having trouble with is adapting to this new life. There are things that I physically cannot do any more. I can no longer fly, because I had the clots in my lungs as well as the IVC filter. So, if I should ever want to fly to see my family or any friends.. I cannot. There goes my dream vacation to Hawaii ... being as though I can't take a bus there... Then again, I can't take a bus or drive anywhere either because I am not allowed, according to my doctor, sit for extended periods without propping my leg... or stopping for extended periods.
One of my grand kids were playing in the living room and I heard a scream.. I tried to run in there... but this wonderful left leg wouldnt allow me to... The hell with all of this... this is so unfair...
In a few days I will be 50 and I have to retrain myself to a "different" way of life. A little boy saw my scars and how swollen my leg is while in the store the other day. He pointed and cringed towards his mom and said.. Ughhhh.... Smh...
I have been told I need to talk to someone.... a therapist... Sounds like a good idea. But will he/she understand truly what I am going through? I mean, how could they since they DIDN'T go through it...???? What is the purpose of a therapist? Is it to have someone to lend a sympathetic ear? Is it a sounding board so that I can hear myself talk and therefore answer my own questions? Can she truly understand my fear for becoming dependent on pain meds but yet I am truly in pain. When I say, even though I am told on a regular basis how beautiful I am that I, me, this person, does not FEEL beautiful. I see myself sitting in a dark room, in a corner, with very little light praying and crying,..... trying to figure out how to right the wrong that has been done. What will or could the therapist say when I ask them do you know how it feels to have your leg on fire and throb every minute of every hour of every day? Could he/she possibly know ?? OR what it feels like to put a pair of jeans on and the left leg be too small..... ? All because my left leg is 3 inches larger than the right.
Will they understand or relate when I say, after all the lights are off, the tv shut down, and everyone is in bed, what it's like to have to lay flat on back, legs apart and pray the dog doesn't jump in my lap to sleep. Only to toss and turn for what seems like hours because there is no comfortable position when you are in pain....
Yea, I guess I do need therapy

Nerve pain

Went to see my PCP yesterday. Dr. Hill. * she is THE best* I didn't understand why I am having pain as bad as I am so she wanted to see me. After looking at my leg she let me know that what I am experiencing is nerve pain and narcotics don't work on that. So she gave me Gabapentin 300mg. 2 tablets 3 x a day. Yea. I know... it's alot. Wanna know something else? I am terrified to take it. It's an antiseziure medication. Anti convulsant . I asked her, this is not a narcotic right? she said right... I said not habit forming she said no... I said... and it's safe for me to take?? She touched my leg, smiled a bit and said... "it's okay.. I promise." But... I am scared...Am I weird for being afraid?? I just don't know what to do...

Things..

It has come to my attention that there is a question of the legitimacy of my page that I made on go fund me asking for help. SO, to that I have the following to say. When I went out on medical leave October 19, 2013 due to having trigeminal neuralgia and my vision in my right eye was compromised. While I was out on leave my surgery for my TL came up. So, the discrepancy or what looks like a discrepancy in the dates is in actuality the fact that I did not know I was going to have issues following my TL surgery but since I did I decided to use the page to really ask for help when it looked like me going back to work was no where in the cards at the time.
Now, if for some reason you think I am trying to scam folks .... you are more than entitled to your opinion but you are WRONG. Although I do NOT have to validate or explain anything that I go through I will say this.... every single thing that I have gone through and continue to go through can be supported with documentation. I am not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me while holding my hand out. Frankly, if you say or believe that I am attempting to do something dishonest then by all means don't even offer me your prayers because prayers are SUPPOSED to come from someone that truly has your best interest at heart. I personally don't think it's possible to think someone is borderline a con artist but then in the next breath say... but imma pray that they get better. It doesn't work that way... Not with the GOD I serve. In my opinion that wouldn't be a genuine, from the heart prayer.
As I have said before.... When I put that link up I truly did not intend on offending anyone. And if you know me... you know what I say is true.
See...the difference between one who cares and one that cares to a certain extent is the one that truly cares will do what is on their heart to do... they will do what they would want someone to do for them.. or maybe have done for them. That's how I treat people. When I see people with the signs begging for food/money or whatever... If I have money I give what I can because I know what it's like to have NOTHING.. I don't hand it to them and say.... you can have this but u cant buy drugs with it. That's giving with stipulation. Stipulation to serve your practices.. to make YOU comfortable. Yes, I do know that times are hard for everyone and we all MUST be selective when we give. That's why it's important to follow your heart.

So I said all of that to say this..... if you say you want to help me with prayers I say THANK YOU and accept them. If you say I think you are trying to be "fishy" and do underhanded stuff... then I do not even want your prayers. Because you, do not have the right to judge me. Only GOD can.
and to the rest of yall that have been here with me from the onset.... I LOVE YOU ALL>.. THANK YOU FOR WALKING, TALKING, CRYING AND FIGHTING with me....
Now, if I offended anyone with what I just said then I guess you were the one being judgmental.

Thinking of you Renata... Any updates? Prayers, love and hugs!!!
Hey there... just waiting for my next procedure. Norco has stopped working so the pop has changed it to per covets again. I wish the pain would stop but as of yet, it hasnt
Hi Renata! I think of you every day, and am praying for you too. How has it been for you? I have wanted to call you but never seem to be free at the right time, given our time zone differences! Now that I'm at home a lot, I'll keep trying. I had brachiaplasty surgery on Friday (Friday just gone) and I'm at home, recovering. I see my PS on Friday to have my bandages removed this Friday. I'll be posting my experiences here in a month or two. In short, it seems to have gone well..but as we all know- it's early days yet. So...what helps for you, and what have you been challenged with lately. Has there been any healing? Renata...hang in there. You're on a journey here and whilst the goal may not be to return back to where you were at..it could always be to return to a place you can at least live with. May God pour His protective blood over you and give you some hope for today. Warm, big, fluffy hugs from Australia! L x

Hey yall guess what....

I have some news!! Yall ready for it? Well here goes.... are you sure you are ready? Well.. my left leg has decided to blister up and open... yep you read that right. My wonderful left leg has decided to show me who's boss.. isn't this just so fuccen wonderful?????? *sarcasm* when will all of this stop??????? I can't take anymore... I can't I really can't !!!!!! $

Lovely, isn't it

Hate this.. I really do..

Have you been putting anything on your legs?, the reason I ask is I started using bio oil this week since my scars are 2 1/2 months out and been closed since week two. Anyway out of the blue I got a spot that blistered too, a couple of days ago. It must be the oil.

Infection... I am getting REAL tired of this...

Just got back from my PCP.. Seems as though my veins in my leg are infected. Now I am told not to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time... On antibiotics ..Clyndamycin . Where the hell is my PS???????????????? Why cant he experience HALF of what I am going through?????? No... a third maybe.. This is not fair! I don't like it! This is NOT what I wanted!!! Frankly I would like to say two words to my PS!!! Pardon me to those that are offended easily... HEY DR. WILLIAMS EFF YOU!!! YOU DID THIS TO ME. YOU WERE CARELESS IN YOUR PROCEDURE AND IN YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME. YOU TOOK AN OATH WHEN YOU BECAME A DOCTOR AND YOU EXHIBITED NONE OF THAT TOWARDS ME. I DO NOT LIKE YOU AT ALL!!! Ok I am done...

Wow. He needs to be publicised.
Sending prayers. Please do not lose hope. This doctor needs to know what's happened. He needs to help you. Its his responsibility.
Hello, thanks for the encouragement. My PS is FULLY aware as to what is going on with me. While in the hospital *where I had the surgery and his clinic was on the floor beneath me* the other docs that were in charge of my care attempted to reach him several times to no avail...*from what I was told*

Stockings.....

Took measurements of my legs for my compression stockings over a month ago... Was told they are on "back order"... How can something that is custom be on back order????? Well, I get a phone call from the company yesterday and I was over joyed. Well, seems as though the company sent a message back saying, " there was a discrepancy with the order please re do the measurements". WTF????? The only issue with the measurements is that one leg is larger than the other.... Couldnt they see that in the numbers????? Now I have to wait another month or longer because when I go in I have to wait for when 2 people are available since they don't trust the measurements from the lady that took them and they actually want another person in the room with the tech that took the measurements. The story of my life!!!

im so sorry for all that you have gone through. I pray that things look up for you and you are able to move on!
Thank you very much. I, too, am looking forward to that day. I looked at your profile. I hope you continue to heal and have the results you dreamed of... HUGS
Btw Renata....your compression garments gonna make it feel oh so much better! Mine makes all the difference! By the way.....your leg is not the boss. YOU'RE the boss. You're in control here, not your leg or your pain. You keep on making the decisions and driving the bus. Every dilemma- slam it down with the right decision. Day by day you will get through this xxx

Diagnosis

After taking 15mg of Percs 3 or MORE times a day without any help I decided to go back to see my PCP. She broke it down for me and what she came up with is, I have neuropathy. SMH. Isn't that just PERFECT!?? WHEN???? WHEN WILL ALL OF THIS END????? THIS IS SO AGGRAVATING.... FORGET IT... IM DONE!

Wow...all I can say is wow! Thank you so much for sharing. I needed this. I had sx in April. A bbl, bl, lipo, and tt. I was planning on returning to do a thigh lift and arm lift. I was researching tonight and ran across your story. Yours was the first and last. I'm done and again, thanks for the much need reality check. I pray it gets better for you.
Please don't let my story cause you to possibly miss out on what it is you have been wanting. I am sure my story isn't the norm. The reason I shared my story was to let people know that these things happen and to make sure they ask every question possible. I trusted my PS... I figured he would NEVER do any of the things, or allow any of the things that happened to me to happen. That's where I went wrong. So please continue your research and then make your decision. If you decide to go through with it, I pray that you get the results you are looking for. Stay blessed
Hi Renata, How upsetting- to be told that. That's dimensions nerve damage. Another hurdle to jump over it seems. Of course you'd feel exhausted...this seems never ending! Neuropathy is an interesting condition....once you take a break and you find some more energy (from somewhere...friends and coffee are good :) you can read up about it. Nerves are remarkable things...they do heal themselves but it's such a psychological process, you really do need to be in a positive mindset for a process of recovery to occur. The myelin sheath that surrounds the nerve does heal itself but likewise... The way we experience pain, or focus on it, fear it and loathe it...ends up making your pain receptors hyper vigilant to pain...making what would normally be experienced by ourselves as a...say...2/10 pain sensation, as an 8/10 sensation (for example). So remaining relaxed and confident, and having faith in the body's ability to heal...is paramount. Things can go either way from here and a lot has to do with how we allow our minds to perceive pain. When people hear the expression.."oh.... Your nerve pain is all psychological..." What most people hear is "...great...they think this is all in my head... Like I'm making this stuff up???"....but no. Pain perception is as much if not more of a psychological phenomena as it is physiological. If you're interested, you might find it helpful to learn about it- to arm yourself with some facts and useful techniques to quieten down nerve pain and experience more pleasure in life... It's reeeeeally important to stay positive so we can enjoy life's pleasures :) I'm so sorry that this is happening to you right now. I think of you daily and you genuinely are in my prayers every day. Remember...relaxation (meditation) is a key factor here...as is working through pain (in moderation, and whilst your mindset is in a positive mode) and a whole lot of compassion for your body which is trying SO HARD for you to heal. Self love will see you through one day at a time :))) Be nice to yourself. We all need you here! xxx

Ultrasound

After being in constant pain I decided to go to see my primary doctor. She ordered a ultrasound. I have a neuroma, and superficial lymphodema as well as a host of other stuff. So, now I have to have another surgery .... Its being scheduled as I type. I am so SICK of all of this. I hate it all. HEY DR WILLIAMS.... READ THIS..... *THRUST MIDDLE FINGER IN THE AIR* I HATE YOU AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME. YOU HAVE NOT ONLY SCARRED ME FOR LIFE BUT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A HOST OF INFIRMITIES TO DEAL WITH FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. YOUR JOB WAS TO CARE FOR ME AND WHAT I GOT WAS WAY BELOW THE VERY STANDARD OF CARE. ARE YOU WONDERING WHERE YOUR NEXT MEAL IS COMING FROM???? I AM. ARE U SCARED THAT YOUR LIGHTS WILL BE TURNED OFF....? I AM. DO YOU WORRY ABOUT NOT HAVING GAS TO GET TO YOUR MANY DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS???? I DO. HAVE YOU PAWNED EVERYTHING YOU OWN JUST TO BUY GROCERIES???? I DID. I AM SICK AND TIRED.... THEY SAY YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO HATE ANYONE BUT I CAN'T THINK OF ANY OTHER WORD THAT WOULD COME ACROSS SHOWING HOW I FEEL.

I so hope you can at the very least receive some sort of financial settlement in order to help with things. Love and prayers to you my friend....
I appreciate that lady... Thank you for the concern. I'm trying really hard to get through this

Appointment with the surgeon, AGAIN

Finally got a call from my surgeons office, Dr. Bechtel, to schedule my appointment to see him to prepare for surgery. September 9 @11:00am. That day cannot get here fast enough.

Stay strong, I understand you've been through a lot, but just remember to stay positive for your healing and recovery stay stress free as much as you can. Karma is an bitch, and he'll pay one way or other... Sorry, to hear everything you've been threw... In my prayers...
Thank u so much... I totally agree with you. Just really sad when I look at the things that I am going through and I am sure he's not suffering like I am
Awesome news on hearing from the surgeon!

What is it going to take?

Here it is September 2, and I STILL have NOT gotten my compression stockings. I ordered them in JUNE and the perquisite to having my procedure to close my veins off is that I wear them for 12 weeks before the procedure..... Isn't this just wonderful?

My heart and prayers go out to you Renata. I WANT that surgery as my legs look very similar to what yours looked like before all this, only mine are just "thicker" all the way down. I too have had bariatric surgery in 2001 and then a tummy tuck in 2011. I'm 51 now. I too have to agree with Lydia about those compression stockings. I had an entire "garment" that was from the chest down to my knees and made a Spanx look like lounge wear. That thing made me feel like a sausage! I wore that for a good month and a half after my surgery. I am surprised too that your doc didn't put those drains back in when the one came out. I don't know how long you had them, but I had mine for about 6 weeks as well. I had to keep track of all the fluid that drained out and I was glad to get rid of it. It was like removing "fat goo" out of my body. I think I bonded with my drains... haha! I should of named them just to keep myself entertained. One would have been "Funky Phil" and the other "Flukey Flo." I always compare pain to childbirth and still figure if I can survive that, I can get through anything. I am sooo thankful that you shared your story Renata. YOU HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE in other people lives by your tenacious spirit. Keep on documenting on here as I think that helps you vent. Also, be kind to yourself and give God the Glory that you have survived so much so far. He does have a grander plan, it may not be evident at this time, but if you SAVE one person from going to this doc, or if someone has any reservations, all will not be lost and they can learn to dig deeper into researching this surgery.. My ps does the "thigh lift" by lipo and pulling up the skin "like pantyhose." The incision is around the top of the leg so it's hidden while wearing a swim suit. I was actually disappointed he didn't perform the entire inner thigh removal like you had. Again, Renata... Keep the Faith. You're here for a purpose and you're helping countless of people you probably don't even know about. I'll keep you in my prayers as well. xoxox
have you thought about going ahead and order some compression thigh highs (or full pantyhose in the larger of the two sizes to get the compression up and running? for the thigh highs... You can always put something soft where the band resides over the scar (mine go to my whoo-ha - almost "too" long. I used AmesWalker to order my pantyhose/thigh highs from (their "house brand" typically runs $35 or so )- you can order a 30mmhg-40mmhg compression that has kept my swelling in check quite well - let me know if you want help with finding the ones! Hate to see you waiting on these special order hose and pushing out your surgery further! XOXO love you girly!
thanks lady and sure........ i need SOMETHING... love u more

SMH

Finally heard from the company with my stockings. When I spoke to them yesterday I was told that they were still in Kentucky in customs. Now, by some strange miracle I was told they were in TODAY... *side eye* However, I can't get to fit them until September 11... *disaster day* Smh.. oh well..... sigh

yay that the stockings are in. Hopefully once you get them fitted you will get lots of relief.

Doctors.......doctors

Where do i begin???? Do I start with when I went to the place to get my compression stockings I asked the lady to make sure there was no latex in them and she confirmed there wasn't so we proceeded with putting them on........I was assisting in pulling them up and she said here, handed me some gloves, put these on they will go on easier if u use these. So I did... Next thing I knew my hands were burning. I looked over at the box of gloves and it said LATEX. I screamed these are latex gloves! !! Why did u give me latex fuccen gloves???? Sheran to me and took my hands and put them under water and started to wash them with soap..... which makes it worse... I was itching like crazy. My skin started peeling.. she said hurry home, t are benadryl and rest. She didn't offer to call 911 or anything... I started wheezing on the way home... yes I drove myself... she called to check on me but I insisted on talking to her manager whom she had not told anything to..... ended up going see my ref doc today because the itching, hives and wheezing was still going on.... wth??????? I ended up getting a prednisone injection.... and have to go back for another....

Or do I say how I went to my surgeons office for my appt and the appt had been canceled because he's now saying he doesn't do the type of surgery I need... my regular doc says she believes he doesn't want to do it because it's my bad leg. And doesn't want to touch the mess Dr Williams did..... so hey Dr. WILLIAMS, thanks a fuccen gin

How anyone in the health field still has latex glows is unbelievable...I don't even know what to say about trying to find a surgeon, I am just at a loss, I don't understand this at all...You are in my prayers, at least I can do that....
I miss you! *head down in despair* All of this stuff has been so damn unreal..... I just dont know where to go anymore....
Just returned home from Houston helping out with the new baby....

Yet again

Went back to see my PCP today because I am STILL not over this allergic reaction. Doctors say I not only had an allergic reaction but a delayed one as well. So, after my visit today I am on yet another course of antibiotics and placed on Vitamin B6. So, such is the story of my life. I never thought I would have as many issues as I have had. This allergic reaction due to yet ANOTHER persons negligence has set off a domino affect of STUFF happening with me. I know there is something positive going to come out of all of this.. Lord help me....

Ooops

I forgot to mention, my left leg has decided to reopen again..... Yep,.. I know... Idk when it will all stop. Maybe this is how it will be forever... GOD I hope not

Sorry to hear about this sweetheart... you are so strong & amazing for all.that you have endured. I'm sending positivity your way. You deserve a break. xoxo
Thank you marcelina. I know this will all be over with soon enough but it can't be too soon for me

Another hospital

I was contacted by another hospital *wont say the name on here because I don't want the wrong people to find out* with an appointment scheduler. After speaking to the chief of plastic surgery and his review of my medical records, complete with pictures, it seems as though my PCP has included in her referral that this doctor/hospital entertain the possibility of a revision. I honestly don't know how to feel about that. I just don't know what to think. A part of me is happy and says YESSSSS it will FINALLY be done correctly, then another part of me is scared.. Scared to be treated like I was treated before. I don't know.. maybe I am being a bit premature *sigh*... IDK

Appointment!!!

October 10, is my appointment with my NEW and wonderful surgeon!! I cannot wait!!

I think a revision to the first is in order as they can "fix" a ll the mistakes and hopefully all thne vein issues. You have a PLASTIC surgeon or a general surgeon?
Plastic
I'm so glad you'll get the surgery you need. Hopefully that will end much of this suffering. Love you girlie. Xo

Pain, swelling, and more pain...

Why is it when you are trying to explain your situation to an on call doctor they look at you like you are a dope fiend and are just using them to attempt to get narcotics??? My leg has been hurting like someone stabbed me with a knife and twisted it... the veins are bulging and throbbing. However when I made a call to my doctors office in the hopes of who ever was on call could access my file and help me, I managed to reach my PCP's partner. When I explained to him all that I have been through and what I am facing, which I hate doing, he said " Oh wow you have been through alot... sounds like you are critical.... and you need to go to the emergency room right now.. go right now... because you sound like you are in a very critical situation. WTH????? I asked him could he please get in touch with my PCP and please ask her to tell him what to do... he fuccen laughed and said, Okay Ms. Heisser... you go straight to e.r. okay... bye bye...

I cannot wait to see him tomorrow when I go into the office.!! If I was trying to get over I wouldn't have called. I would have gone to the e.r. Also, I sure as hell wouldn't tell you to call my PCP and discuss my case.... Yea Yea I know... there are people out there that do what they can for drugs.. but damn I have been in pain forever... and yet I get penalized for being honest and forthcoming..!!! Fuck it!

I just sat and read this entire post start to finish. No words just wow. I will be thinking of you.
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon