So Confused... - Stockton, CA

I have read many reviews on this site regarding...

I have read many reviews on this site regarding implant removal, and I would love imput from anyone with experience! I had my initial augmentation done in 2007. I was 33 years old and had nursed 2 kids for a year each, so my pre-children 'B' cups were deflated and sad. I was very adamant about only wanting to replace lost volume with the implants, and absolutely did NOT want anything larger than a C cup. I ended up with DDs!! (425cc saline under the muscle) and I was mortified!! Actually, the very first question I asked when I woke up after sedation, was "how many cc's did he put in?" because I had chosen 300-325max. While the surgeon did a beautiful job, I felt they were simply too large. I am 5'5"/115 lbs. However, feeling guilty about spending the $$, I lived with them for 3 years, then finally approached my husband about downsizing. He was extremely supportive and in 2010 I had them replaced with 325cc, much to the disappointment of my surgeon. Again, he did a beautiful job, but I am still in a D or DD cup, and feel they are too large. I am sooo self conscious about how I dress and almost no one knows I have had them done. In all honesty, there are times when I feel good about them, but that's usually when I am alone with my husband, or wear a constricting sports bra. I have had recent issues with my shoulder/back, and my physical therapist said my issues were caused by the implants being placed under the muscle without the tissues being stretched/released first. I guess what I'm asking for is opinions on whether I am out of my mind for considering having them removed when aesthetically, there is nothing wrong........help!

Still unsure......

Well I still am as confused as ever! It also looks like my husband isn't thinking removal is a good idea. His thoughts are unless we are sure the implants are causing health issues, size isn't a reason to explant. (As I've been there, done that by having them downsized once already). Maybe he's right. Also, one office I contacted quoted me a price of over $5,000!! That is just straight removal, no capsulectomy. Wow. I was really thinking my best option was deflation/removal in office under local! My original ps said my pocket was totally clean and had no scarring when I had my exchange 3 1/2 years ago, so I am not sure I would need a capsulectomy. Ugh. Here goes more time wasted thinking about what to do!!!

Photos in clothes

Here are a couple pics.... Not brave enough to "reveal" totally online!

Feeling closer to a decision

I think I have become a stalker of this website! Lol. Actually, I am so thankful for the courage and honesty of all of you to share your journeys. It is extremely helpful to see the photos of after explant. I have contacted several ps and my original ps only does removal under general for a cost of $5500. Uh, not interested!! I really do NOT want general anesthesia again. A couple other drs were the same. I have been talking with Dr Christa Clark in Folsom and she has a great feature on her website called a " virtual consult". You can email your photos and info about what procedure you want and she will consult with you via email. Genius for those patients that live out if town and are in the early stages of research and decision making! She feels that I would have a good result with straight explantation and is willing to do it under local. $1350..... Much more reasonable!!! I think my next step will be to meet her in person and ask the other million ?s I have before I make my final decision. Although, I think I am at the point that unless she tells me I have a high risk of disfigurement...( lol kidding......sort of...) I will proceed. Thanks again to all of you for providing a resource of REAL women who have been in my shoes.

A step closer....

I've finally scheduled an in person consultation with dr Clark on 8/29!!! I had a "virtual consult" already and so far I think she's the right dr for me, but I still have so many questions and it's really important that my husband is with me for the appt so he can come to terms with this whole thing. I am so grateful for the updates everyone posts, they really are helpful and I am on here multiple times a day!! Also, this sight is how I found dr Clark as well. Thanks again ladies and until my consult, I will continue stalking everyone's progress photos.......:).

Consult went well!

I had my consult yesterday and I love the doctor!! She was so easy to talk to and very supportive. At no time did she try and talk me in to anything else, and she really feels I will have a good result. (She tells me I have good skin and look great for nursing 2 kids! She actually asked if my pre BA pics were before or after kids... Nice compliment as they were "after"). When I make my final decision, Dr Clark is definitely the one!!
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

That's great news! It's great to have a relationship with the doctor. Glad things are moving along and thanks for keeping us posted!
I felt the same as you. The implanted breasts looked nice and sometimes I liked them. Then there were times I hated them. When my back, neck and shoulders hurt and when people stared. I wore minimizer bras and sports bras all the time. Mine were saline 750cc and under the muscle. I cannot stress enough to you how happy I am on day 2 of explant. The pain is gone. Keep us posted on your explant journey. It is okay if it is what you want to do.
Keep us updated! I feel the same way as you. Mine are too big and causing some health issues. I am looking into explanting as well. I was also a B cup prior to surgery and decided on implants after breastfeeding three kiddos.
Love your cute profile name - Bcoconuts!!!
Lol, thanks! ;)
Congrats toobigforme for making the consultation appointment. YOU are the only person who can make this decision - always listen to your gut - as women we are very intuitive to what is best for us - just quiet the mind and listen for the answer. You are on the right track by educating yourself with this site and prior to your consult I would suggest writing down specific questions (sometimes we easily forget while we are there) as to your wants/needs. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision!
Good luck with your decision, I know it seems overwhelming at times, but listen to your heart. This site is such a wonderful resource for information, if I can answer any questions for you, please feel free to ask!
I had mine removed after 26 years this last Monday with local only. Took 40 mins or so in total. A few minutes to pull them out. The easiest thing I've ever done. After all the hoopla in my head about it, it turned out to be a very simple thing to do. It's interesting that we all are so influenced by others about our OWN bodies, what to do with them, and what they should look like. That's how I ended up with implants in the first place, where I should have really only had a lift instead many years ago as a 36 C. Went to a D and things just sort of dragged and drooped over many years and didn't look so hot in the end. I felt horrible with pain in the left breast almost constantly. They actually look better now! They look great in a nice, normal, supportive bra. Went right back to a 36 C and can still fit my D bras! Go figure. I may still do a lift, we'll see. Thanks to all here that post. It's been a great help!
Discomfort with the size of your implants is a good reason to remove them, especially considering you already downsized once and you still don't feel comfortable with them. You shouldn't feel bad about wanting them out. It's a normal response to having artificial products implanted in you. Your husband doesn't understand because he's not the one who has to walk around with them all day every day. Speaking just for myself, having mine removed was the best decision I could have made. I have small breasts now, but it feels so good to be natural again that their smallness no longer bothers me at all. Good luck to you. And stay strong in your knowledge of what's best for you and your body. Others can have their opinions, but only you know.
I the adieu you are having so many issues and no you are not crazy for thinking it believing that your implant may be hurting your health. . Mine were and I know for a fact they were because I had them removed 3 years ago and had no health issues in that 3 years until this January when I had them out in again. .ugh nothing but sickness and back and neck pain. .. Just explanted this Friday and already back pain relieved. .... And feeling my energy and strength increasing. .. My p's did my removal with local and fortunately did not charge me ...I would def keep calling around and ask if anyone would do it under local or ask your original p's if he would. it was great and I posted pics min after!! Hope you come to a conclusion soon and relieve your body from those foreign bags. .. It will thank you in so many ways!!!! Good luck!!!:)
Had them put in again this January not out sorry typo*
Just wanted to wish you luck for your appointment! I can imagine how much you are probably thinking about this decision. Keep us posted!
Hi. I have read so many stories where women who wanted strait explant under local where the average price is appox $500. I dont know why your quotes are so high. I would keep emailing and consulting ps. I wish you the best of luck in your journey!!!!
sorry about the duplicate posts...didn't think my first one went through so had to retype shortened version. :)
No problem about the duplicate posts! Having downsized myself I have to say that for the first year or so after I was "happier". Not completely satisfied, but close enough. Now that in know it is possible to have an outcome similar to what I was pre BA, I really feel like I want to go that route. I would love to get dressed without having to think about whether my boobs look huge in a particular shirt or not! I am still slowly working on my husband. Trying not to push it just yet, but hopeful he will come around!
I completely relate to your dilemma! I also look amazing and well proportioned after BA six years ago and no side effects. I'm athletic build with wider shoulders but curvy, small waist and good butt, which is why my PS put so much volume in. Really look well proportioned. However, I have always been self conscious. I just wanted a small C not a D or DD which is what I have. Anyway, having lived with them now 6 years, I want to either downsize or explant. But what if explanting makes me feel remorseful? I also thought about fat transfer but worried about long term efficacy and cysts. Do I have enough fat to transfer? I saw my PS 6 months ago and he said "leave perfection alone" and didn't think I should risk another surgery. My husband thinks this is in my head. I hate seeing pictures of myself with big boobs. lol Anyway, keep us posted and sending you support! :)
I completely relate to your post as I am in the exact same dilemma. Had surgery 6 years ago, went from B- cup to D or DD...I just wanted a C and nothing that looked noticable really just wanted some volume back from nursing kids. I'm athletic frame but curvy with wider shoulders, small waist but good butt, which is why he put in larger ccs. I looked so good I got pregnant with baby #3, 4 months post BA (at 40!)...surprise baby...and they still look good. However, I am so self conscious I hide them all the time in loose shirts and although looks amazing in bathing suits, I hate seeing pictures of myself. I went to see my PS 6 months ago for a consult and he thoughts were to leave perfection alone and why risk another surgery. Husband thinks I'm crazy to think this way..."it's in your head" he will say. Husband also doesn't want me to spend any $ but that is how he is...Anyway, after 6 years I can't stop thinking about either downsizing or explanting. However I worry about being more miserable if I explant. My surgeon does fat transfer but knowing the fat may not survive seems like a huge risk factor....and what about cysts or the downtime from lipo? Do I even have enough fat? Anyway, keep us posted on your decision! :)
you are fairly close to Dr Curtis Wong who is on this site, reasonable pricing! I will be using him in 3 weeks.
Can I ask how much you will be paying? And what kind of anesthesia? Thx!!
$500 local anesthesia, no capsal removal of any kind. That is just pulling the implants out.
Oh my, we have very similar stories. I was ready to have mine removed two years ago and instead based on husbands response and surgeons response went with exchange to 240 cc vs 270 cc which actually appear larger than before. I was hoping to have a nice full breast, not huge...instead am larger, uneven breast size and uneven nipples...with severe pain in left breast. .now I am at my 3rd surgery. Was pretty sure I would just have them removed as I am having a lot of pain!!!! However the physician said he could lift around the implants and fix the one causing me pain.....I just don't know what I want. I don't know how to make this decision. I thought about talking with the physician again and tell him that I was thinking about removal to see what he has to say. In addition, if I could get him to promise me he could remove implants at a later date in his office under local I might go along with working around my present implants...otherwise I need to make the decision to be rid of these..
If I were having pain, I would remove them for sure, but that's just me. Part of me wishes I had some kind of trouble so I would have an "acceptable" reason for removal! Unfortunately I can't definitively say they are the cause of my shoulder/back pain :(
I really understand how you are feeling. I feel I have wasted so much money on this. My new physician said he could eliminate the pain and basically redo my breasts using the implants I already have. Just not sure what I'm going to do. Very mixed emotions.
You poor thing! It's so hard to know if you are making the right decision. Don't let other people, even experts, muddy the waters for you. You are the one who has to live in your body for the rest of your life, many years hopefully. Go with your instinct and don't let anyone sway you.
I had mine removed after 13 years. Had two kids with the implants in. I did not need a lift luckily after their removal. I am so happy they are out. Do what you know is right for you and don't look back. If u need a lift that is always an option if you need it. Hope this helps. Hood luck and be brave-:))