54 yrs. young, 150 lb. weight loss, SMAS Mid Facelift, Neck/Chin Lift, Eye Lids, Cheek Fat Transfer

I am so blessed the surgery is over. Recovery is...

I am so blessed the surgery is over. Recovery is going really well and today is lucky day 13 from surgery. I am getting stronger each day. I read so many stories on this site....thank you to everyone who takes the time to update us. I will share more as I learn more. I will attach pictures for you to see too. Have a good day!
Thank you for sharing your experience so far! Glad you're on the mend!
Hi Barb, You look amazing!! I am 53 also and on my day #8 I did not look as good as you do! Tomorrow will be 4 full weeks and I'm gradually feeling and looking better but it's a tough surgery to go through both mentally and physically. Congratulations!!
Hi Mary! Thank you and congrats to you too! Agree this was a tough surgery. I'm glad you are doing well. Enjoy your day! Barb

Barb's Pre-surgery tips (please talk to your ps with any concerns)

2 weeks prior leading up to surgery:
Washed and moisturizer on my face each am and pm. Used petroleum jelly on face at night. Exfoliated with a wash cloth each am.
Took multi vitamin
Took ester c supplement 2 times a day.
Stopped Advil, daily tums and nexium
Started eating more fresh fruits and veggies and juicing.
Started stool softener every other day
Got a large ace bandage as a head wrap and started getting my face use to it. I do not like feeling being closed in.
Shopped for soft ice gel packs. I had 6 of them. I found them at bed bath. Got frozen peas and made small ice packs with them.
Told kids and family about what to expect from me for a few days....total rest. They needed to fend for themselves. Lol
Got Pre tests for surgery.
I got all my prescriptions filled. My doctor ordered eye antibiotic ointment, anti nausea pill, oral antibiotics, steroid 6 day pack, Percocet for pain.
I bought neosporin with pain relief used on ears and in head. Got it in cvs stocked up on Tylenol too.
Bought jello, Amy's low salt soups, protein shakes, pudding, mashed potatoes, bottles of water, bendable straws.
Got baby shampoo and body wash. Personal care towels for down there.
Got a new robes, nighty with big opening and slippers for home. No problem getting things over head with help.
Got a recliner from a friend. Extra pillow for under knees on recliner.
Asked doctor to put a note on my chart to have a pillow under my knees during surgery. Last thing I needed was a sore back.
Watched u tube videos to see surgery stories and read up here too!

1 week leading up to surgery:
Shared with my Fiancé about food and water needs.
Started bromelain supplements and a homeopathic called rescue remedy spray by Bach. I spray it on my wrists and neck area. ... I used this on and off for years....
From vitamin shop. I took 2 per day.
Started stool softener every other day.
Got my hair colored. Got a hot oil treatment too.
Got nails done. French so they could monitor heart rate.

2 days before surgery:
Used a small amount of eye ointment on lid to make sure no reactions and did the same with Neosporin. My doctor does not believe in peroxide wash.
Picked out clothes to wear to surgery center and those were the clothes to come home and get right into recliner. Slip on shoes worked great too!
Started homeopathic arnica 3 times a day.
I added in some extra calories with shakes and extra protein.
Set up a table by my recliner with supplies. Got 2 blankets, pillow for under knees and extra pillows to lay up in bed too.
Got all personal paperwork in order and let friends know I will be out of it for a few days.
Drink 3 or 4 bottles of water each day.

Am of surgery:
Took anti nausea pill 30 min before surgery. Did not start steroids as doctor put them in my drip line. He also put in more anti nausea as a precaution. I never got sick.

I will share more soon. I hope this helps you!
You are very welcome! Stay in touch with me anytime.
Sounds like you have a great plan in place. Only thing you did not mention was arnica Montana pills. Talk to ps about them. I got the cream for after care bruises and neck pain from neck lift. All the best!
You are welcome. I love this site!

Day 14 Snow day pictures

I woke up with so much energy and felt great so I went out to trader joes to stock up on fruits and veggies for shakes. It felt good to put on makeup. I got a few second looks that felt weird. I still have light bruises on my cheek, my neck and chin.
I tried to do some snow removal but I felt the rush of sweat to my face so I stopped. That has been happening at night when my fiancé and I have our alone time...you know what I mean. I get a rush of flush right to my face and I can feel it come over me. It's good to know that the increased blood flow is a good thing for healing. So girls get busy, you or your partner take care of your needs so you can feel it too!

Before and day 14

Awesome photos and I love your account of what you did in the days leading up to surgery. This is going to be so helpful for others. Thanks again!
Thank you so much. I truly appreciate the kindness. I am always so hard on me, this time taking baby steps and lots of patience. My tummy tuck results were immediate but it does not work that way with a facelift. I can't wait to share your smiles!
Hi Barb, Just taking regular multivitamins and making sure I eat enough protein. Like you, I'm also watching my salt. A few days ago, I went out with a girlfriend and had a delicious dinner, but I knew the salt was going to catch up with me, and it did with swelling the next day. Who knew that salt would be an indulgence! Ruz

Before and day 17

Healing is going well. I am feeling really confident about being in public. I am still swollen and bumpy in my check area that will take more time to heal. I went to see the doctor yesterday and he reminded me to give it a total of 3 months for healing. I have to moisturize and massage my face more. I am very excited and pleased with his work. His kindness and patience with me is appreciated. I will continue to keep the updates coming here. Have a great day!

Day 18 Blue eyes

Recovery is going well. I am back to my old self and feeling good about being in public. Here are a few sunny day pictures. Enjoy your day! Barbara

Forgot the blue eye ones!

Thanks so much for all your posts. I really appreciate you listing all your prep work, Barbara. I am going to copy that and use it. Your new look is really great! You look much younger! I also love your attitude! So positive and confident!
You are very welcome Mahria. Thank you for the kind words. I am very happy with my results so far. It has been fun learning how to do eye makeup again. Now I can wear cat eyes! When is your surgery? What are you having done?

3 weeks ....earrings are back!

The scabs behind my ears are almost all gone. I'm keeping a light coat of ointment on them. I am keeping my face very moisturized each day. The doctor said I need to keep massaging my face in small circular motions. I am still sleeping in the face wrap each night. I can sleep on the side of my face now too. Have a good day or night!
Barb, Looking good!!!! It is great to get your updates because they inspire me. My recovery has been slow, so I'm trying to be patient. I had more work done, so I guess that's why it is taking longer. Cheers, Ruz
Hi there Barb, sounds like you are doing awesome! Can you tell me about your massage techniques? My Dr never suggested it so just curious, how often, using what and how often?? Thanks!
My surgery was supposed to be Feb 14, but I'm having some other physical challenges that have to be taken care of first. I'll have to see if they will be completed by next week. I may have to postpone it another week. Hopefully not more. I want the facelift & SMAS for sure. Dr. Quiros also suggested the under eye procedure. I will see both him and Dr. Mendiola in TJ next Wednesday. I will fly there for one day. Then, I will be more clear about WHO I want to use and What to have done. Thanks for asking. I want minimal of anything else. But, I'm reading that PS's don't know what minimal means.

Face Transformation after weight loss and aging skin.

After reading so many stories, I am inspired to show you my 325 pound face. It is crazy to see that face. Thank God for all our talented doctors!
Gorgeous! I love how's it you but better. You were already pretty now you look fantastic! Congrats!!
What a transformation! Amazing...
Thank you yogi! You look beautiful.

Foods that cause inflammation....

I started doing some research about the right foods to eat for cutting down on inflammation. I don't want to feel my face getting swollen from eating the wrong foods. There are days I'm in a hurry and grab processed foods. I do get a bloated belly at times after a meal so this concerns me too. I did a google search on the good foods to eat and here is a link to one of the sites.....http://www.buzzle.com/articles/foods-that-cause-inflammation.html
I am going to make better choices to help my body heal from the swelling in my face. As it is said....we are what we eat. Have a good day!
Congratulations! You look fantastic, but best of all, so happy and radiant. I am one week post upper and lower blepharoplasty. Now that the swelling is gone, I'm finding all kinds of things to worry and obsess about. Seeing you at two and three weeks post-op give me hope and remind me to be patient.
Barb, you look wonderful and thank you for always being positive! I'm 14 days post FL with eyes and still have swelling bur only 1 bruise on right cheek it fades more everyday I've been drinking tons of lemon water and watching for salt like a hawk!
You are welcome kitkat! I have learned about patience on this FL journey. I realize time is what we all need to heal, the process is slow to see the end results. So each day we get the changes and that is a gift! Water is the best for us. How is your swelling?

Our first selfie...

My fiancé and I have fun taking pictures. This is from today. It looks like my face has dimples, which would be cute since my fiancé has the same ones. Today I did blue makeup with a smokey eye accent. He is a love and treated me to new makeup and scar gel. I could not have done this without his love and encouragement. I pray that everyone has this kind of support out there.
Thanks to all the nice comments you all write. I appreciate each one of you! Hugs, Barbara
Thanks salify....I have been blessed with a good recovery. I do trust the process of giving us time to heal. Try not to stress out as that causes toxic things to happen in your body. Listen to music, learn mediation, go for a walk, watch you tube how to put on makeup videos...just keep your mind away from negative thoughts. Keep up the healing. Barbara

Time for scar gel

What type of scar gel do you use? I ordered kelo cote but I used mederma with my tummy tuck. If you get a chance watch you tube videos on how to do makeup, I am learning all new things for eyes and face. I have attached close up pictures from today.
Congratulations you looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much.

Recovery suggestions ....

As I reflect on my recovery, I wanted to review all the good things about it. These are the things that worked for me and only suggestions. You can talk to others or your doctor on what is best for you.

Help at home or first 24 hours - I had my fiancé with me. You cannot be alone. You need to stay in your chair or bed and not get up and down for the first 24 to 48 hours except to pee. You need someone to keep track of pills and keep you hydrated and prepare food.

Pain and ear burning- I had pain. My throat burned from sedation. I used pills and Tylenol too. I got from cvs neosporin with pain relief for ear area. My doctor does not use peroxide as it kills good healing cells too. He did not have me use a heavy layer on scabs, I switched between the gel and vaseline. The gel did help with some pain. I iced my ears which worked.

Medications and supplements - I made a daily chart before surgery. I got all prescriptions filled a week before. I started the oral arnica Montana and bromeline 2 days before surgery. I used it for 3 weeks after. I believe it helped with bruises. I took anti nausea one pill day of surgery. He added more into my iV Line. I used ester C and multivitamin. I was on antibiotics for 5 days. I had read about too many infected ears so I talked to my ps about them. I used Percocet for pain for 5 days. I used one to sleep and for ear and neck pain every 4 to 5 hours. I started a stool softener a week before each day to help with constipation.

Head and neck wrap- I used it 24 hours unless I was in the shower for the first 7 days. I had a white Velcro one and ace bandage Velcro one. I made sure it was not tight. I switched them up. I did not move my neck for 5 days too.

Sleeping and rest- you will need to sit up and sleep that way too. Get or borrow a recliner. If not get one of the wedges with arms for your bed. Use pillow under your knees too. I slept in my recliner for 5 days and used the bed during the day at times. I got a very soft pillow to sleep on my side at day 7.

Food and water- drink and drink again. The key to healing is water. You can add lemon or orange but drink all day long. I was good with the bendable straws or sipping a bottle. I got protein shakes from Costco. I used all soft foods, you should not try to chew for the first few days or more. I was ok by day 4 with small pieces of veggies in soup. I used Amy's low salt Lentil and veggie soup. Everything you eat should be low salt. Make sure your caretaker knows where all your food is. I made a drawer in the fridge filled with pudding, jello, cottage cheese, yogurt and applesauce. I used instant mashed potatoes made with protein powder and milk and unsalted butter. I snacked on almond butter with a mashed banana. I lost 7 pounds the first week which was ok for me. I was able to chew after a week.

Clothes - right after surgery at the surgery center I put on the clothes that I could get right into my chair when I got home. Slip on shoes were great. I got large opening night gowns. I got them over my head with help. I got maxi dresses to wear after the first few days so I felt pretty.

Work- Keep in mind you need time to heal for a full face lift. Try to get 2 weeks off. You will need it.

Showers and hair care- I did color a week before surgery. I got baby shampoo for my hair. I used netrogena makeup remover towels to get the blood and Vaseline and gels out of my hair. I used an old tooth brush to brush hair by my ears. I also used cvs spray peroxide to get out blood. It did ruin hair color by my ears. I got body wash for the shower and flush able baby wipes for down there during the day. I got a nice body spray to smell nice too.

Ice - I did 20 min on and twenty min off for the first 24 hours. At day 2 i started 20 min an hour and did that for 2 days. I used ice after day 3 as need for pain relief on my neck and ears. I used ELasto face and eye gel packs. Gel packs work great on the face. I used small baggies filled with peas tucked into my ear area. I used an ace bandage with Velcro closure to keep it on my ears.

Keeping busy- rent movies, tv, magazines, get speakers for your iPod ....borrow a laptop ot iPad. Walk around every hour. Sitting too long is not good after day 2.

Makeup - I got a few cover ups from cvs before surgery. I tried them and found Rimmel stick worked good. Cvs will take used makeup back with a receipt. I use the coverup on my pink eyelids too. It makes the eye makeup pop. I suggest you watch videos on you tube to learn about ways to put
On makeup. It is fun trying new things. I use urban decay eye colors.

Pictures- Please document your recovery. It helps me to see all my healing to date.

Feelings- Know the reasons why you wanted the surgery. Keep saying...this too shall pass. Bottom line is it takes 3 months to begin to see the real start of your results. Try not to look in the mirror too much the first week or so, you are healing and for a few days it will be bad. If you have a melt down or say...what did I do? ....it will be ok. Feelings of being down May happen. Open a window, get sun, fresh air and breath. Cry if you need to release it. Come to realself and reach out to us. You are not alone! This site helped me tons. I hope ps tell patients about it.

Love making- this is a big part of my life. I did not do anything too much. Just got treated like a Princess. It felt good to relax that way. I believe it helped my healing with making blood flow to my face. Talk to your ps if you have concerns.

Last thing...get hugs and rubs. Ask for what you need and it will happen. Be gentle on yourself and time will be on your side.
I wish you all the best in recovery and healing.
Barbara
Thank you very much. Have a good day.

One month pictures

Healing is slow and I am filled with patience. My fiancé tells me I look beautiful each day which helps. He loves my eyes. I saw my mom for the first time and she gave me nice compliments. I keep my before pics with me and she did not realize how bad I was. I saw one of my 3 son and I got the word....stunning. I love that kid!

Have a good day
Barbara

Before and One month pictures

Thanks for the wonderful review. I love the tips. You look great!
Congratulations! You do look amazing! That will be my next procedure.. after the one I'm having on the 14th, that is. I should subscribe to the face/neck lift reviews. I'm having a posterior body lift and inner thigh lift in 9 days and have learned SO much since being on this site. I'm sure I can learn a lot about face lifts from reviews like yours! I love the great amount of detail you've given us. Take care and congrats on your new face!
Barbara amazing transformation. You look great

Hair color is back!!

Amazing how fresh hair color can get me so excited. Lol I felt good today going out and doing things. I am getting my energy and stamina back stronger each day.
It is a week before valentines day and my fiancé surprised me with 3 of my favorite channel mascaras. I love that man! I am so into purple and blue color mascara. I am going this weekend to pick up the Lancôme gift with purchase from Macy's. I'm going to try the Lancôme taint visionnaire skin correcting makeup. The reviews have been great on it. The cost is60.00 and if I don't like it...it goes back. Have a great weekend!
I know I went out to Kohl's today -- beginning week four -- this time when you walk by a mirror -- yes not an old wrinkle face!! For two months prior to my surgery I used all SkinMedica products -- they have dermal filler (moisturizer) eye cream (fine lines - bags) So, I basically had the facial wash -- then TNS serum (buy on amazon) dermal filler moisturizer -- then eye cream then sunscreen. Now we are ready for make-up. At night the only change is I used a Retinal by same company 3 times a week. By the time my surgery rolled around --- my skin looked fantastic . Now after one week I began using the dermal cream and eye cream ----- perfect!!!!!
Wow your face looks wonderful, I have been thinking about getting some fat injections when I have my LBL lift done, as I still feel my face is too Withdrawn looking...could be that I just worked a 80 hour week due to a conference, and I currently look half dead, but if it doesn't get better I too may do that...
Thanks for sharing you story -- I too had fat injections in the crease fold around the smile and you are right --- until things calm down your smile is totally different -- but I guess we keep working on it and eventually it won't look so forced if you know what i mean -- the good news is I also had him put fat in my brow area -- I had deep lines from my frowning days and Botox gets real expensive plus I would hate to have all this work to have deep lines --- so --- love love that i had that done --just working on that smile is very hard!!! Darn fat injections --- look good but they need to calm down - I give it 2 - 3 months until i really look fantastic.

5 weeks pictures

These are the pictures with the new Lancôme foundation. So far I am happy with it.
You look great....I am having surgery in April.....& thank you for your tips.
Thank you for sharing about those products. I bought a face cream from the doctor and I am very happy with it. It has his name on it so I don't know the brand. It was 25 for a small jar. I also use Lancôme eye cream. My skin is very dry and soaks up cream quickly.
Hi azdee please make sure your doctor is skilled in fat transfer. Get a picture of you at a younger age to show him what you want. Make sure he does not overfill you. I know that my doctor will add more in the future because I asked him to be very conservative with me as I was having so many other things done at the same time. What products do you use on your face?

Blue eye makeup

I took these today with new blue eye color. This is from the urban decay eye color pallet.
Thanks so much for sharing all of this great information! Your journey is incredible and you look fantastic. I have great admiration for you. Thank you for commenting on my site, so that I could find yours. Your positive outlook is contagious. What type of massaging are you doing? Does it help flatten the lid scar tissue? Thanks so much for all of your great info.
Doctors and nurses told me to leave fat injection areas alone. If put on moisturizer be gentle over those sites. No scar gel just bacitracin. I asked and it's really a personal preference - so nah! Posting more photos later!
Oh - for the lids - that will go down by it's self -- healing process will make it look bumpy and then it will all just fade away to perfection :)

Researching anti-aging products....

Hi all! I have been obsessed on finding skin care, supplements, foods and exercise that works for me. I have been watching you tube from doctors that share about anti aging. My new face is a big investment in my future so I want to educate myself to take care of it for years. I found some good info from dr oz. has anyone heard or used pycnogenol? It is pine bark extract which is used with many health benefits. See the video below for some good tips.

Oops video link is above my update.

Sorry.

New pictures...

I took some new pictures and my face has changed again. I still believe we have to wait 3 months or more for best results. It feels good to be out in public and not feel like people are starring at me. I have been using the scar gel and behind ears feel flatter. I have one spot where the drain was that still needs time. The massages and new creams are getting me to feel my skin again. My fiancé can touch and kiss my face now and it feels nice. I'm back to sleeping on my side and still use my head wrap a few nights a week. I have not gained back the 7 pounds I lost with surgery which makes me happy. I will be taking off another 10 pounds before I go for my breast lift in 2 months. It is hard to take off weight with food so now I have to kick up the exercise. Have a great day! Barbara
You look great! I am going in 2 weeks for the lower face lift. Pretty nervous about the whole thing. My husband asked me if I'm going to be able to talk?? I said, "I'm sure I am". So with that said... how is talking after the procedure? I am staying a night at the hospital and home the next day. I am very confident in my surgeon but just anxious about the whole thing since it is my face. When were you able to go out in public for the first time and feel you looked okay for the public? thanks for the tips on before surgery. I will need to get some things handled in the next few weeks.
Oops not sure how the word kickstand came put for your name. Sorry.

Doctor said I have to give it all more time...

I should not complain but I know you all understand. We see the imperfections that others do not. I see a few things here and there and doc says give it more time. I said if the little skin is still hanging under my chin is still there in one more month we talk about revision...he agreed. My fiancé tells me all the time how beautiful I am and I need to embrace this beauty even with flaws. So the story of healing continues.
Hello...you are welcome, I talked ok right in recovery. You can move your mouth a small amount for the first week. You will only be able to eat creamy soft foods. You can see my list above. I went out the second week to a local diner at night. I felt like people looked my way but of course that did not. Best wishes to you and keep in touch!

Forgot to talk about massage.

Doctor said that massage during this healing time is still very important. I can feel the sides of my face and neck now. The stinging needles that I feel is the recovery process. Cells are regenerating now and my doctor believes massaging is very important. I will be a good patient and follow directions. I am getting good results with kilocote scar gel.
Question? How soon did you start using the ointment on your scars? And which one do you think works best? Getting closer... only 10 days until surgery. Still hoping I am doing the right thing. I am sure it will all be worth it in the end. I need to look refreshed!
You are looking fabulous Barb. I loved your updates
Barb, wanted to chime in here on the massage thread. My PS had me come in for two lymphatic massages at his office, it DID help. It's part of the fee. People shouldn't just go doing them on their own though, without a clearance from their PS. Some don't believe in them, and let's face it, some people may do way to hard or deep with these, and cause problems Glad yours endorses it though, and you are getting benefit for. It. You look greAt!

8 weeks and still going good...

Hi all...I'm still moving along on the recovery and still see changes week to week. Hope all is well for you!
Once scabs were gone started using it. I use kelocote. I endorse it for sure!
Thank you so much.
Hi ya! I love doing soft tissue massage with creams and lotions. That is what my doctor asked me to do for the fat granger area for now. I do it down my front and back of neck area all the time. I learned it from the dr oz show. Thanks so much for your support!

Forgot to share ....April 1

Going in for a small revision to my lower chin and that will be done with my breast lift. Very excited to be almost done with my makeovers.
Wow you look amazing. Do you have before and afters of you tummy tuck?
You are looking great...what do you want done to your chin, it looks fine???
Thank you so much! My doctor was conservative and did not cut under my chin or lipo that area. We fully discussed it in our consult but during surgery he felt pulling side muscles and taking off skin would cover it but it did not. So back for a revision with the boob job.

Tummy pics

I had my lower tummy skin removed over a year ago after taking off 150 pounds. I'm 5 7 and weight is 175...I was 335 .

Better full body picture.

You can see a better picture of me here. This was from a holiday trip to Punta Cana.
You are such a brave and strong women! It is amazing to see your progress! I see you are happy, and that is only that matters! You should be! I think you look amazing!! My mother in law just had very similar procedures, and she is the strongest women I know. She looks amazing too! Enjoy your life and what have you accomplished!

Going for it April 1st

I am ready to do the next phase of my skin removal journey this Tuesday I will be getting a chin and neck lift revision....Thank you Dr. Decorato! Along with that I will be getting a breast lift with implants. I'm excited and nervous but I trust this is going to help my self esteem so much. I hope you are all well and healing great!
You look totally amazing! So happy for you :)
Dear Blessed Life, You are in my thoughts today. I wish you a successful surgery tomorrow, and I am sending you positive energy as you embark on your recovery. ALL WILL BE WELL!!! Hugs, Ruz
I am sure you don't need it....but...Good Luck anyway for tomorrow!

Thank You and a big hug to each of You!

Thank you all so much for the well wishes and healing thoughts. I feel the support coming through each of you! I know I have been through it before but it does not ever get easier ...I'm sure you can relate. My nerves are there and going through my final checklist. I stopped by to meet with my doctor today to review my neck lift. I will have the scar under my chin and the ones behind my ear will be redone as he will lift my lower neck area again too. God willing please let the neck come out ok. ...I worked so hard on the scars...oh well. Then we talked about the lift and again my goals are a small DD. He is concerned about the size under the muscle so he may place it over. I am going to do some research on that in a few minutes. So again thank you all from the bottom of my heart for stopping by and for the caring words. Xoxo Barbara
Good luck!
Good luck!!!! We all wait for you!

Up and around...

Hi all! The surgery went ok on the chin area but only time will tell how flat the turkey neck will be. Doctor did not do lipo...took out fat on top and bottom of the muscle, tightened it and took off excess skin. He had trouble opening up my neck to pull it tighter due to scar tissue that was like cement. I started to bleed too much so he stopped and it in a drain. I lost a pint of blood and became very sick and dizzy in recovery. I have a history of low iron so I knew I was crashing. I got iron pills and had spinach juice and burger meat to bring me back. So The doctor did what he could and it may need a revision way down the road. But that is a long way from now. Again time will tell the success of the neck. The bruises are bad this time and my face did get some swelling from my neck surgery. Thanks to a kind soul here on real self they sent me a gift of a mask 2 recover. ...thank you Scott!
Now for the breast lift and implants....ouch! There is just a nagging dull throbbing pain in the breast. I got mentor smooth round high profile 475cc in each breast. What we can see so far they look good. I should be a 38 d or maybe close to dd. I'm not going to be hung up on size as long as they are cute and perky looking. At my age even with a lift I may have sagging again. I can see myself sleeping in sports bras for years to come. My doctor says creams and gels will not make a difference on healing with the boobs so no butters or bio oil for me We will start massages on Monday and he gave me dissolving stitches ....so happy about that. So far no itching going on. I am taking Percocet only when it's bad and other times just Tylenol. I will start neosporin on stitches this weekend. I can take a shower today ...happy dance! Hope you are all doing great and healing well. The weather here in NY has been great. I'm going to get some fresh air next. Xo Barbara

Above was 2 days post op revised chin and neck along with breast lift.

Thanks for stopping by here!
I bet your fiance is happy man because you know how to take care of people. Thank you again for your comment. I hope your recover goes well, and that you will post soon. How do you feel now? When is your next follow up? Stay in touch, Barbara!

4 weeks from revision

It is now 4 weeks since chin/neck revision and I need one more chin fix. Next week under local my doctor will fix my chin area. I have attached a chin picture here. There is a small amount of skin that was left under the chin and it can be fixed right away. I appreciate my doctor and trust my chin will look good. I used the biocornium scar gel along with daily massage to keep the scar area soft. Thank God I heal good with scars. I hope are are all well and healing is going great for you! Xo
Ps...my new girls are doing great! I have to update that review next.
Hi sweet girl...I'm doing better today. I had a pity party for a few days and worked passed it now. I will have my chin scar revision next week and then it will be time for more healing. I will get you a List of my favorite makeup products. I'm so glad things are great for you! I am blessed with a wonderful man who I appreciate as much as he appreciates me. We take care of each other...life together is love...compromise and balance. That is what works for us. I will be 64 this week and so blessed to have the love of my life with me. Stay happy! Barbara
Happy birthday Barbara! You are such an inspiring woman! I wish you good luck on your scar revision. You did great!!! How are your (.)(.)? :) Can't wait to read about your favorite products.

24 hours to go...

I have such mixed emotions about the chin revision. I am praying my doctor will be able to get it right with my chin skin removal and then I can continue with my life. I have not been feeling my happy self everyday and that is not like me. I need to get back into the workforce too. Thank you all for your support over past months. I think about all of you! Thank you to this RS site for being here for us and making me a real friend. Have a happy day! Barbara

4 months after facelift.

This is from yesterday. Amazing how we learn what angels
Look the best for pictures.

Chin done and wrapped up.

All went well yesterday with having the local for my chin. I took a Zanex 30 min before and was very loopy for the procedure. My doctor and staff were wonderful and made me feel very confident. I am all taped up until Thursday. Doing ice on and off and staying at a 45 degree angle in the recliner. I am going a little crazy not being able to see my chin but remind myself...good things come to those that wait. I pray for the good things when the bandages come off. Have a great day!
You look great Nikki and you sound ever so happy :-)

Bandages off and swollen

I'm so glad to have those bandages off. My chin scar looks good so far. Time will tell once the swelling goes down how flat my chin will be. Monday the stitches come out. Have a blessed and happy day!
Youre face is sooo youthful and vibrant now!! Congrats!!
You should post this on Nikki's page.
Hi Barb, sounds like you are finally all put together! Do you mind telling why you had to have the scar revision? Was it due to your weight loss or was it due to the Dr. not pulling the skin tight enough together on your original surgery? I am 5 months post op and finally feeling amazing and looking good but I feel like I took a little longer than others! And how did your breast augmentation go? Did it balance you out? Glad to hear you are feeling better ~~~ mary

Doing better today.

Stitches are out and I can see the results more and more each day. It looks so much better now without the extra skin on the chin. Still needs more time for all the swelling to go down. I'm so glad the turkey neck and chin skin are gone for good. My doctor did a great job with my extra work that was needed. Face lift surgery after extreme weight loss is tough for any surgeon and dr. Decorato never let me down. He and His staff has been so supportive every step of my journey. I asked the doctors here on real self a question about chin revision and they all said to get another doctor. I had no use for their responses and it was a waste of time. One of my sons graduates college Friday and I'm so grateful to be healing so well to attend. Enjoy your day!
Thank you so much!

Throw back Thursday...

I was going through pictures and found old face pics. I am using them for throw back Thursday. It is hard to see my huge face.
You are one hell of a lady & I too have gained so much from your journey.. Inspirational & factual. I will be referring back to your review time & time again throughout my healing post op Monday & reminding myself that it is going to take a lot of time, a positive attitude and that it is always darkest before the dawn. Thank you brave & incredible lady for sharing your determination, commitment & your amazing journey with us all - big big hugs from down under :-)
Blessed life. I read your review again and it helped me so much. I'm just the next day out from a mini face lift with fat transfers to face and lips. No matter hour much you prepare yourself it's difficult to look in the mirror and not regonize your own face. Dealing with all this self induced pain really makes you question your motives. It helps so much to have women like you that have forged through and made it to the happy side. You truly are a blessing.
You hang in there NewMeaug - we know from all the reviews that this is the worst of it and it's just gonna get better & better k You are on your way to looking how you wanted & feeling better long term - so make yourself as comfortable as possible, think positive thoughts & read the well wishes from all your RealSelf sisters x

5 months and what do you think of my results?

Hi all! I can't believe its 5 months since my facelift....I am so happy with my results and I still see changes. My new girls are doing great too! My doctor has been great and reminds me I still am in the healing stages. The other day I felt the pins and needle feelings in my face again. I continue to massage and use the scar gel. My scars are fading nicely. I am blessed with good healing. I hope all of you reading this are doing well and are happy with your journey. Attached are old and new picture...what do you think? Hugs, Barbara
I love to see the before and after pics!! Love your transformation. Indeed you are one blessed lady :-)....(I'll be needing some face tweaking soon) ;)
Thank you! It's been a tough journey but so worth the road blocks.
You look great. Thanks for putting on the before larger lady photo's, I have just put on a "fat" photo of myself on my review taken around 5 years ago. I am a lot happier with myself now as you must be. Once again you look absolutely great.

Botox is next for me....

Thank you all for stopping by here. I appreciate the kindness. It took a lot to cut 4 inches plus off my hair. I wanted the beach relaxed look and still trying to train my side bangs to move out. Lol As a gift with my BA the rep agreed to give me 2 rounds of Botox. So next month I will be doing my 11 lines and forehead. I am excited to see the results. I am doing my research and homework on Botox. So many mixed feelings on it. Enjoy your day or night!
Great before and after pictures and love your haircut! You do Botox first and I will follow!! I'm waiting for a couple of months to get my forehead done.
Thanks! I'm excited to get rid of these lines soon. I saw my mom the other day and she said what lines?. ....ps she was not wearing here glasses. I will post results in a few weeks.
You look fabulous

Happy summer....make a hat and sunscreen your best friend!

Went out to a big flea market today in direct sun....used a big hat and thank you to SPF 30 in my face cream and lip gel. ...I did not even burn. I keep reminding myself sun is the enemy now. I was the sun goddess for years. ...never again. Have a blessed day!
Love the new haircut, Barb! Compared to what you've been through, Botox is a breeze. I've been doing my "11's" for years, long before I did any other cosmetic procedures. Love it for this purpose! I wouldn't recommend it for crow's feet. It looks unnatural when one smiles. I told my doctor I like my smile lines. It shows that I've lived a life full of joy. But I'm more than happy to bid adieu to my frown lines. Good luck!
Looking wonderful, and me too wanna hear about botox!!!
Looking wonderful & yep we all looking forward to hearing how the botox works out :-)

Good summer information....

This is from a site called...clean program.com
Happy Summer!

Five Sun Safety Tips

1. Cover up. This is the best method of sun protection. A hat and shirt can protect you from the strongest sun rays. You can also remove them quickly and get direct sun exposure without sunscreen. Here you get sun protection and vitamin D absorption. For those with fair skin, use a hat and shirt in addition to sunscreen and supplement accordingly.

2. Stay in the Shade. You won’t find most animals laying on the beach baking in the middle of the day. You’ll find them relaxing in the shade. UV rays are greatest when the sun is the highest in the sky between 10am and 4pm. If you can, try getting direct sun exposure in the morning and evening and relaxing in the shade when the UV is highest.

3. Use Natural Sunscreen. This is a must. Look for chemical-free varieties, high in UVB and UVA protection, that have a rating of "1" on the EWG Sunscreen Guide. Avoid oxybenzone and retinyl palmitate. Three of our favorites are Suntegrity, Nuture My Body, and Babo Botanicals.

4. Do the Cleanse and eat clean. Skin issues, including skin cancer, are not solely a result of sun exposure. Cancer is almost always a result of factors which may include family history, sun exposure, ozone depletion, vitamin deficiencies, and toxicity. The last two we can correct by doing the Clean Cleanse, supplementing, and eating a clean diet. As with most chronic conditions, cleansing and clean eating are the foundation of prevention.

5. Examine your skin. Check your skin regularly for new moles and contact your doctor if they are growing or tender.

6. Supplement Vitamin D. The balance between getting enough vitamin D and protecting ourselves from the sun is not always obvious. Supplementing this crucial vitamin is the easiest way to make sure you are getting what you need.

Added note...they make umbrellas with SPF 50 now and I tried a beach one and it worked. Enjoy today!
You look truly amazing!! You have totally reinvigorated yourself! What was your inspiration for the change! What promoted you to lose the weight ? You are one very fabulous and determined woman! : )
Thank you so much for all the pre & post op suggestions. This is the most through list I have seen. I am sure they will come in very handy.
Congrats Lady, So Thrilled for You!!!!
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Decorato was wonderful. He consulted with me and my fiancé a few times. He was so patient and professional with us. He educated us on all my procedures. I truly believe Dr. Decorato was sent in my life to help heal my poor body and self image. I had my surgery 13 days ago and I feel great...looking great too! Also, His staff is so kind and understanding. Please do your homework and know if you pick Dr. Decorato, you will be making the right choice.