Rhinoplasty for a Wide Bridge and Bulbous Tip - Dr Grigoryants - Glendale, CA

Hi, I have wanted rhinoplasty since the age of 10...

Hi, I have wanted rhinoplasty since the age of 10 when my nose suddenly became way too big for the rest of my face. I was told by everyone, even my friends and family that I could have been so pretty if it weren't for my giant nose. As I aged I did grow into it more, but it's still the first thing I see when I look in the mirror and the sole reason why I hate almost every picture of myself. I haven't met with a PS about it yet. I want to get more familiar with this type of surgery and find the wide nose experts out there first. That's what brought me here :)

Nose morphing!

I found this super cool website where you can change your nose to get an idea of what you would look like post-op. The site is here: http://www.bevhills.com/cosmetic/facetouchup/
I'm having trouble uploading my morphed photo, but here a a few dream noses of mine...

Morphed nose photos

Ok, I figured out how to get the photo to upload, so here are my side by side before and after, as I would fix it if I were a PS :)

Proposed Nose by a PS

So I asked the Docs on here if getting a nose like Minka Kelly was unrealistic and I had a mixture of opinions. Most said yes, one said absolutely no. One was nice enough to give me a picture of what he would do to my nose. I think his morph makes me look like Keira Knightly. I like my nose from the side actually. It is a bit long, but I wouldn't want to shorten as much as this Doc does.

More Morphing...

So I sent some close up pics (which I never EVER take thanks to my giant honker) to a PS that I thought did some great work. He actually took the time to do some computer imaging on them to give me an idea of how he would correct my wide bridge and bulky tip. This is by Dr. Steven Denenberg, based out of Omaha, NE. Maybe worth a trip up north! I'm still looking at many other surgeons though. If I've learned anything from talking to experienced rhinoplasty patients, it's to do your homework!!!

I am torn between 2 surgeons

Dr. Anil Shah out of Chicago and of course Grigoryants in California. Chicago is much closer so I have a consultation scheduled to meet face to face and see what he can do. I found a cool app that lets you play around with ideas. I decided I want my nose, only all around smaller. Basically a 30% reduced version of what I have. I hope thats possible!!!!

More from the Plastic Surgery App

Emailed Grigoryants!

I emailed Dr. G and he got back to me within 2 days. He said he would narrow the bridge, take down the hump, reduce the tip and narrow the nostrils. Exactly what I was thinking! I love his aesthetics so I'm going for the long trip to Glendale. He's so worth it. I am posting some pictures of my nose at different angles so you can get a 3D idea of the proportions. It's quite wide and boxy. The lighting shows off the imperfections better in these pictures I think.

Jan 16th is the day!

I talked with Zara and scheduled my rhinoplasty for Jan 16th. What a great way to start 2015!

No Makeup :)

I think it's important to see how faces look with and without makeup. So here is my no makeup submission.

One month to go!

So I am finally almost there! I have one month before my rhinoplasty! I am currently trying to figure out the logistics of my stay in Glendale, as I am not from California. I think I will rent a car, that way I can drive to the beach during my recovery :) I will have to take a cab to the surgery center the morning of my surgery, and I have a nurse picking me up and taking me back to my hotel and staying with me for a few hours. I'm trying to decide on a hotel. I want it to be nice, obviously, but I don't want to spend an extra grand in hotel costs. Any suggestions are welcome! So I am including a picture I found of a nose that isn't a "dream nose" but it looks like a realistic goal for me and would be a huge improvement to my current nose. Also I'm posting a profile that I think is unique and stunning.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon