Rhinoplasty for a Wide Bridge and Bulbous Tip - Dr Grigoryants - Glendale, CA

Hi, I have wanted rhinoplasty since the age of 10...

Hi, I have wanted rhinoplasty since the age of 10 when my nose suddenly became way too big for the rest of my face. I was told by everyone, even my friends and family that I could have been so pretty if it weren't for my giant nose. As I aged I did grow into it more, but it's still the first thing I see when I look in the mirror and the sole reason why I hate almost every picture of myself. I haven't met with a PS about it yet. I want to get more familiar with this type of surgery and find the wide nose experts out there first. That's what brought me here :)

Nose morphing!

I found this super cool website where you can change your nose to get an idea of what you would look like post-op. The site is here: http://www.bevhills.com/cosmetic/facetouchup/
I'm having trouble uploading my morphed photo, but here a a few dream noses of mine...

Morphed nose photos

Ok, I figured out how to get the photo to upload, so here are my side by side before and after, as I would fix it if I were a PS :)

Proposed Nose by a PS

So I asked the Docs on here if getting a nose like Minka Kelly was unrealistic and I had a mixture of opinions. Most said yes, one said absolutely no. One was nice enough to give me a picture of what he would do to my nose. I think his morph makes me look like Keira Knightly. I like my nose from the side actually. It is a bit long, but I wouldn't want to shorten as much as this Doc does.

More Morphing...

So I sent some close up pics (which I never EVER take thanks to my giant honker) to a PS that I thought did some great work. He actually took the time to do some computer imaging on them to give me an idea of how he would correct my wide bridge and bulky tip. This is by Dr. Steven Denenberg, based out of Omaha, NE. Maybe worth a trip up north! I'm still looking at many other surgeons though. If I've learned anything from talking to experienced rhinoplasty patients, it's to do your homework!!!

I am torn between 2 surgeons

Dr. Anil Shah out of Chicago and of course Grigoryants in California. Chicago is much closer so I have a consultation scheduled to meet face to face and see what he can do. I found a cool app that lets you play around with ideas. I decided I want my nose, only all around smaller. Basically a 30% reduced version of what I have. I hope thats possible!!!!

More from the Plastic Surgery App

Emailed Grigoryants!

I emailed Dr. G and he got back to me within 2 days. He said he would narrow the bridge, take down the hump, reduce the tip and narrow the nostrils. Exactly what I was thinking! I love his aesthetics so I'm going for the long trip to Glendale. He's so worth it. I am posting some pictures of my nose at different angles so you can get a 3D idea of the proportions. It's quite wide and boxy. The lighting shows off the imperfections better in these pictures I think.

Jan 16th is the day!

I talked with Zara and scheduled my rhinoplasty for Jan 16th. What a great way to start 2015!

No Makeup :)

I think it's important to see how faces look with and without makeup. So here is my no makeup submission.
Vladimir Grigoryants

I see your nose and i understand why you don't like it but I have to say you are freaking gorgeous!!!!!!!!! So beautiful.
Oh my gosh, thanks. I can't wait to actually agree with you!!! haha
omgosh!!! we have the same issues and I have booked mine with him as well in december for the new year! :D
Excellent! I hope you post pictures!!!
You are way too hard on yourself! You look great and only you see your nose the way you do! I am a very critical person and i really don't see anything wrong with your nose! You will love your results though, good luck!
Wow how exciting!! Congrats on setting the date!! You are so pretty already this will just enhance your beauty even more! So happy for you :)
Thanks :) Jan 16th feels like an eternity away. While everyone else is counting down the days to Christmas or New Year, I'll be counting down to my new nose, haha
You'll be so pretty. You're already gorgeous.
Thanks! I can't wait to see what Dr. G can do for me!
Exciting!
Youre already so pretty..you'll be a total knockout!
Aww, thanks!
Congrats!
Awesome! So excited for you :) I am so thrilled with my nose so far and am sure you will be with yours-- he is really the best!!!!
If you need a place to stay while you're there, check out the house that I stayed at (and RoxZ) and several others. It is a 4-5 minute drive to Dr. G's and quite inexpensive. It's called Hillview and can be found at Rose Bowl Vacation Rentals :)
Thanks! I was wondering where you stayed! I'm SO excited.
oh i hear you, i also make funny faces to contort my nose into it's almost desired shape, or maybe just a more acceptable version !
Haha ! So it's not just me?!
go for it. i mean your heart is already set. isn't it?
Definitely already set:)
Ahh, I'm so excited for you! :D :D :D
Thanks! I'm really excited for you! 3 more days!!!
Eek, I'm really hoping I like the results, I know he can't make it worse and I'll hopefully be able to breathe better so I'm trying not to worry
You're gonna be gorgeous and I can't wait to see for myself that I'm right!
which surgeon did you choose?